Options

The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    He could have pulled an Ames Gold Transformer on everyone
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    Any more thomas regular prints getting cancelled?
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Don't worry if you missed out, the Thomas poster sucks!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,882
    wg said:

Any more thomas regular prints getting cancelled?

Don't think so. My papyal confirmation was 12:03:20 i think and i haven't received cancellation email yet. Happy! :)
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    edited August 2016
    Mine was cancelled 12:03:49. Wasn't surprised. Bought regular edition off ebay
    Post edited by jervin007 on
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    I understand the disappointment, but he went way above and beyond. You bought an item that didn't exist. What is he supposed to do? Print more? In the art community that's taboo as it sets a very bad precedent for announced limited editions. So, I don't see that as a real option for an artist.

It sucks. Especially in situation where variant would have shown sold out and maybe you would have gotten in to get a regular. As for the milk analogy, it's completely off base. The proper analogy is that someone has handed out vouchers that are an opportunity to buy milk, and unfortunately you were further back in line than supply allowed for. Nobody grabbed your milk, as they had the same voucher, they were just ahead of you in line.

Hopefully they have some extra show editions that never made it out and they will show up in the store in time.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

I understand the disappointment, but he went way above and beyond. You bought an item that didn't exist. What is he supposed to do? Print more? In the art community that's taboo as it sets a very bad precedent for announced limited editions. So, I don't see that as a real option for an artist.

It sucks. Especially in situation where variant would have shown sold out and maybe you would have gotten in to get a regular. As for the milk analogy, it's completely off base. The proper analogy is that someone has handed out vouchers that are an opportunity to buy milk, and unfortunately you were further back in line than supply allowed for. Nobody grabbed your milk, as they had the same voucher, they were just ahead of you in line.

Hopefully they have some extra show editions that never made it out and they will show up in the store in time.

He really did. When I heard he oversold I expected a refund. Fortunately I had set money aside for a few months in anticipation that I would miss out on something merch related that I wanted. Sure, I supported flippers, but thats just the way it goes sometimes. Awesome Thomas included codes for a free print. Very cool and generous thing to do.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    jervin007 said:

He really did. When I heard he oversold I expected a refund. Fortunately I had set money aside for a few months in anticipation that I would miss out on something merch related that I wanted. Sure, I supported flippers, but thats just the way it goes sometimes. Awesome Thomas included codes for a free print. Very cool and generous thing to do.
    Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if making this print ends up costing him, rather than producing profit.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I think Steve handled it the best he could have and I think he did much better than New Era did with the caps lol. Remember that many artists operate as a one-man show. I exchanged emails with him, he really feels very bad and appreciated that the fans have been very understanding.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    So glad I took that walk to the smoking section Friday during evenflow and got one of those thomas'.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    benjs said:

jervin007 said:

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if making this print ends up costing him, rather than producing profit.
    He seems to have done as best he could in a bad situation but I imagine he will still be in profit, 400 prints at $100 each.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,029

I get that people are upset with the refunds, but shit - he basically gave everyone who got a refund $35.
    Who else would do that??

I wonder how many refunds Thomas has given out. I don't remember any PJ poster artist ever offering that much / many before.

• Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,348
    Any info on the Shuss AP sale?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    demetrios said:

I get that people are upset with the refunds, but shit - he basically gave everyone who got a refund $35.
    Who else would do that??

I wonder how many refunds Thomas has given out. I don't remember any PJ poster artist ever offering that much / many before.

Ames oversale on the Transformers except Ames loved the cash and it worked out well for them.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

No word yet. Those will pop up randomly @ the 10club store, just like how his Wrigley Field AP's went on sale.
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,348
    demetrios said:

No word yet. Those will pop up randomly @ the 10club store, just like how his Wrigley Field AP's went on sale.
    Awesome. Thanks, D!
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434

It's been discussed before, but he could have refunded everyone and done it properly giving everyone equal opportunity.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    scurtis said:

It's been discussed before, but he could have refunded everyone and done it properly giving everyone equal opportunity.
    I don't get how that's fair either. folks who got it, got it fairly the first time. Folks who were refunded bought something that didn't exist.

I'm sure we'll agree to disagree on this point.
  • Options

scurtis said:

I don't get how that's fair either. folks who got it, got it fairly the first time. Folks who were refunded bought something that didn't exist.

Yeah that's true. The point was that the integrity of the sale was messed up cause a bunch of people passed on regular ones thinking the variants were available
  • Options
    scurtis said:

scurtis said:

Yeah that's true. The point was that the integrity of the sale was messed up cause a bunch of people passed on regular ones thinking the variants were available
    What happens when they oversell hotel rooms or plane seats? Those people would have most likely not gone after other rooms or flights thinking they had a room or seats. It happens all the time. And intentionally (unlike this).
  • Options

scurtis said:

scurtis said:

What happens when they oversell hotel rooms or plane seats? Those people would have most likely not gone after other rooms or flights thinking they had a room or seats. It happens all the time. And intentionally (unlike this).
    True, except hotels and flights aren't timed, sought after sales where thousands are going after a few hundred, but I see your point.
  • Options

demetrios said:

Awesome. Thanks, D!
    No problemo!
  • Options
    https://www.instagram.com/mrtsurt/ is the Instagram page to follow.
  • Options

tristaneaton - Yup! Next week I'll be releasing the APs of my @pearljam #FENWAYPARK posters on my website www.tristaneaton.com - details soon. It's looking like Thursday. Stay tuned. ONLY 50 pcs
  • Options

scurtis said:

Yes two different points of view, but I see where you're coming from.
  • Options

• Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    I would love to see J Fellows do a Wrigley poster
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    boo. A skull is a bad start
  • Options
    pjman75pjman75 Indiana Posts: 836
    Thursday at the Metro...thoughts?
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    A skull sporting a Trump hairdo is a really bad sign.