Options

Pearl Jam 2016 tour merch

Comments

• Options
    phan84phan84 Posts: 48
    I kinda like the image. I keep thinking Spy vs Spy.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,940
    my2hands said:

where is all this negativity everyone keeps talking about? I haven't seen it on here and have heard mostly good things about peoples Fenway experience...

and with all of the hype and info around the fenway merch why are people, including Tsurt, surprised people are hoping/expecting the same type of rollout and information?

this is a non story to me

Completely agree. Since Tsurt's meltdown yesterday it has felt like there are entire chapters to this story I've missed.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517
    I think I know the problem....

Chicago is a corrupt place. There are probably vending licensing problems, permits, taxes, security, etc.... That alone would drive people mad and get pissed off. Not to mention some peon asking where's my sticker.

I would just stay calm, and let it even flow. #EVENBROS!
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985

Chicago is a corrupt place. There are probably vending licensing problems, permits, taxes, security, etc.... That alone would drive people mad and get pissed off. Not to mention some peon asking where's my sticker.

Yup. Agreed. I bet it's a nightmare.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    edited August 2016
    JimmyV said:

my2hands said:

where is all this negativity everyone keeps talking about? I haven't seen it on here and have heard mostly good things about peoples Fenway experience...

and with all of the hype and info around the fenway merch why are people, including Tsurt, surprised people are hoping/expecting the same type of rollout and information?

Completely agree. Since Tsurt's meltdown yesterday it has felt like there are entire chapters to this story I've missed.
    I think the negativity, at least for Fenway, came before merch actually took place. Everyone anticipated that they'd be sold out of everything before the first show on Friday, so complaints could be seen/heard just about everywhere in the days leading up to the shows.

Since Fenway was an (overall) success, people want to see the same setup for Wrigley, but it doesn't seem possible from a logistical standpoint. Hence everyone is bitter that 10C 'failed' again on merch distribution.

IMO, 10C deserves more credit than they receive. Sure, sometimes the lines suck and are unorganized, but you can't totally blame them for it. I like to believe they plan as best they can and work with what they have. The rest is up to the venue and crowd.
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,883
    my2hands said:

A couple of people have ranted about the Thomas poster being sold out early Saturday, and the skyline shirt being sold out before Sunday. Aside from that, there has been a lot of kvetching over the 4 days of sales outside the park, and a lot of questioning when/where Wrigley merch will be on sale. Some of this isn't overtly negative, but there is the undercurrent of anger and frustration. Generally, the negativity has been countered by others saying that Fenway was done better than Wrigley '13, but those comments tend to get lost in the shuffle. I would also imagine that while those that had positive feelings about the Fenway merch almost certainly outnumber those that had negative feelings, they are less likely to send direct comments to people like Tsurt. Out of every 100 e-mails/comments he gets Fenway merch, there are probably two that are, "Hey, great job", and 90 that are, "WTF? That sucked and you suck and you should feel bad," (only probably with worse spelling).
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,779

Wrigley's under a massive 5-year construction project, so unlike 2013 there's a lot less space for pop-up shops to emerge in the neighborhood. There's a new office being built on Wrigley grounds, and the former McDonalds across the street was flattened this year to house construction equipment (and a hotel to be built later). Add in Cubs games until Thursday (including a double header today) and it's already a packed neighborhood before merch lines would get in the way.

That leaves little room near the stadium. Not sure if they'd do a pop-up shop downtown, but I'd assume that'd cost decent $$$.

But hey, if merch doesn't get sold until closer to the show dates, that means more things will be in stock later this week, yeah?
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    Lets all pledge not to buy merch until they do online pre-sales.*

*kidding **

** or am I?
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    100 Pacer said:

Immediately thought this was the inspiration:

Good call..I don't think I would have caught that.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    tschav said:

Wrigley's under a massive 5-year construction project, so unlike 2013 there's a lot less space for pop-up shops to emerge in the neighborhood. There's a new office being built on Wrigley grounds, and the former McDonalds across the street was flattened this year to house construction equipment (and a hotel to be built later). Add in Cubs games until Thursday (including a double header today) and it's already a packed neighborhood before merch lines would get in the way.

That leaves little room near the stadium. Not sure if they'd do a pop-up shop downtown, but I'd assume that'd cost decent $$$.

But hey, if merch doesn't get sold until closer to the show dates, that means more things will be in stock later this week, yeah?
    Yep. Wrigleyville is a fucking mess right now. And with the Cubs playing through Thursday, there's not a whole lot that they can do here as far as merch sales early in the week.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    I just hope to see some more wild shit at the Taco Bell in Wrigleyville Saturday night.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    dmbolp said:

100 Pacer said:

Yep, Obviously is:

Ed - left hand on top of right, grey/white plaid shirt with sleeves rolled up

Mike - right hand on top of left, black jacket with lapels, with lapel pin(s). His fingers are even in the same positions
    Nice call, 100 Pacer.
    If this thing is legit, one must ask....where's the love for Boom? Did he not make the cut b/c he wore a sleeveless shirt??
  • Options
    stonesstones Posts: 187
    My guess is that at least part of any delay in announcement is due to the cubs being at home, but another part is that they want any 'pop-up' store to be a true pop-up in that they don't announce it until just before it opens (or even afterwards). That would then reduce the inevitable lines that would form if it was announced in advance, keep a smaller store from being over-run and it would also potentially limit some of the activities of the flippers.
  • Options
    jjflash said:

dmbolp said:

100 Pacer said:

Yep, Obviously is:

Mike - right hand on top of left, black jacket with lapels, with lapel pin(s). His fingers are even in the same positions
    Nice call, 100 Pacer.
    If this thing is legit, one must ask....where's the love for Boom? Did he not make the cut b/c he wore a sleeveless shirt??
    That's what I was thinking...Five characters and six band members?
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    hasidics? lol

mattcoz said:

Looks like something out of Pan's Labyrinth or Dark Crystal, definitely buying this one.
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 512
    To each their own. If they want a baseball card that says pearl jam on it, that's their choice. They should buy them up. A lot of people don't get the things we do. Travel to see them, buy up po
    100 Pacer said:

They left out boom. 1st Thomas doesn't give him runs then this guy cuts him out of the band completely. Where is the boom love.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,895
    stones said:

My guess is that at least part of any delay in announcement is due to the cubs being at home, but another part is that they want any 'pop-up' store to be a true pop-up in that they don't announce it until just before it opens (or even afterwards). That would then reduce the inevitable lines that would form if it was announced in advance, keep a smaller store from being over-run and it would also potentially limit some of the activities of the flippers.

TSURT already announced "It all starts this Thursday the 18th at the Metro in Chicago" in his post about the Wrigley baseball cards. Didn't post hours or details beyond that yet.
  • Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    Anyone else going to the Metro on Thursday?... best case I get to wait in line and spend too much money.
    Worst case, there is no merch and I go to a Cubs game.
    Its going to be a good Thursday!!!!
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    TSURT has a suspected Ken Taylor image up.
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,343
    I'm digging the eagle.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    So far I like all the teaser images. I don't know if they have anything to do with PJ, but if they do, I'm happy because I'm not into any of them. I'm almost wishing that all the merch sucks so I don't have to stand in line lol.
  • Options
    RG292419RG292419 Chicago Posts: 79
    Thursday is Floppy Hat day, too. Better get there early tho :)
    95 - Soldier Field, 11 - Alpine Valley PJ 20 N2, 13 - Wrigley Field, 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2, 18 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,883
    jjflash said:

dmbolp said:

100 Pacer said:

Yep, Obviously is:

Nice call, 100 Pacer.
    New lyrics at the tail end of "Dirty Frank":
    "Where's Boom Gaspar?
    My God, he's got the plague!"
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    What if they go old school and don't announce any merch info ahead of time? No images, no times, no locations. "Fend for yourselves." I guess that would kind of fly in the face of the band trying to make as much money as possible, but considering how early everything was announced for Fenway, it is kind of odd that nothing has come out yet.
  • Options
    stonesstones Posts: 187
    kasedoug said:

stones said:

TSURT already announced "It all starts this Thursday the 18th at the Metro in Chicago" in his post about the Wrigley baseball cards. Didn't post hours or details beyond that yet.
    Exactly. There's a difference between a guy hinting at something on Instagram to generate a buzz as opposed to any official announcement from 10C or the bands website.
  • Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    Don't think this was posted yet.

Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    Eagle part of the skeleton poster too? If the skeleton is Trump then the eagle makes sense.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited August 2016

That's DEFINITELY Ken Taylor!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    derbydave said:

That's DEFINITELY Ken Taylor!!
    It sure does look like his style.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    phan84 said:

I kinda like the image. I keep thinking Spy vs Spy.

That's what it is! I knew it reminded me of something, but couldn't put my finger on it. But, I think there's something else though.

Leader in the clubhouse.