Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    edited March 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Trump has finally become dangerous.

How has he become dangerous?
    He has been saying the same things since he began running.
    Didn't you watch the video? My comment was in the context of the rest of my post, uh.
    1hr 30min? no thanks
    How is he becoming dangerous?
    Just play the video I posted - it's only the first few minutes at the beginning.

Jesus, don't comment if you aren't even absorbing the post.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    edited March 2016
    My latest prediction: Trump looses hugely in the biggest landslide ever with the lowest voter turnout ever. America goes home and scratches it's collective heads because we don't know what else to do when when are dumb struck by how badly a large number (but not large percent) of our population were duped and how poorly they acted toward one another. The racists, fundamentalists, neo-nazis and other hate groups will all retreat into their corners and wring their hands in aimless anger. Meanwhile, the youth of America step back and call nonsense on the whole freak show and start implementing some big changes in the American mindset.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    brianlux said:

My latest prediction: Trump looses hugely in the biggest landslide ever with the lowest voter turnout ever. America goes home and drinks because we don't know what else to do when when are dumb struck by how fucking stupid a large number (but not large percent) of our population is. The racists, fundamentalists and neo-nazis all go back into their cloistered little paranoid holes and writhe in aimless anger. Meanwhile, the youth of America step back and call bullshit on the whole freak show and start implementing some big changes in the American mindset.

BOOM Gasper!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    edited March 2016
    myoung321 said:

HAHA good one... scared of alternative viewpoints.that's cute....
    Liberalism and Progressives espouse a wide array of views. Liberals disagree with each other all the time. Conservatives seem to never disagree with any right wing talking points.

But you have every right to have to those beliefs, even if they are wrong... yes wrong... period..

My question is, when will Conservatives support something that is actually looked at as a positive in history books?

Conservatives opposed the American Revolution
    Conservatives opposed freeing the slaves
    Conservatives opposed women’s suffrage
    Conservatives opposed minimum wage and child labor laws, the 8-hour work day, weekends, sick leave… etc.
    Conservatives opposed humane treatment of animals
    Conservatives opposed FDR's New Deal
    Conservatives opposed the Social Security Act
    Conservatives opposed the GI Bill
    Conservatives opposed the Farm Act
    Conservatives opposed the Interstate Highway System
    Conservatives opposed clean air and water
    Conservatives opposed the Civil Right’s Act
    Conservatives opposed Medicare
    Conservatives opposed Equal Protection Under the Law
    Opposed Desegregation, Interracial marriage, The Voting Rights Act, Women’s rights, Same-sex marriage...

That’s quite the list of ignorance, bigotry and racism.

I would argue Republicans have much bigger differences in opinions amongst their constituents than Democrats. Look at the Democratic race. It was Hilary and no one else for the longest time. That means there are little in the way of ideas to disagree on. Republican candidates have:

Trump - fringe right
    Kasich - establishment
    Rubio - no one liked him
    Cruz - evangelicals

Conservatives can be socially liberal and fiscal conservatives, can be religious or not, can be pro-gun or not, can be pro-death penalty or not, can be pro-war or anti-war, etc..... Liberals are the ones who pretty much you can guess whatever view they will have on any subject.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

My latest prediction: Trump looses hugely in the biggest landslide ever with the lowest voter turnout ever. America goes home and drinks because we don't know what else to do when when are dumb struck by how fucking stupid a large number (but not large percent) of our population is. The racists, fundamentalists and neo-nazis all go back into their cloistered little paranoid holes and writhe in aimless anger. Meanwhile, the youth of America step back and call bullshit on the whole freak show and start implementing some big changes in the American mindset.

I agree Trump loses handily and that many Republicans stay home and do not vote.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

brianlux said:

I agree Trump loses handily and that many Republicans stay home and do not vote.
    Except the turnout models don't agree with you.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

And Romney's internal polling said he would win in 2012. He didn't.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Didn't you watch the video? My comment was in the context of the rest of my post, uh.
    1hr 30min? no thanks
    Just play the video I posted - it's only the first few minutes at the beginning.

It probably just another anti-trump video, there are tonnes of them.
    Not interested. Why do you think he has become dangerous?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

I don't think there are any models that can accurately predict what turnout for Trump will look like in the fall.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines

The Ten Club Community forum is an all-ages, topical and moderated forum. We'll be talking about Pearl Jam's music, new albums and tours and all Pearl Jam and Ten Club activities. Most of all...please be kind and take care of each other and we hope you have lots of FUN!!

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines#latest
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    The fact of the matter is that no presidential candidate should be promoting violence against his protesters ....and he has even yesterday earlier in the day he was advocating for the protesters to get punched out !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

1hr 30min? no thanks

It probably just another anti-trump video, there are tonnes of them.
    Not interested. Why do you think he has become dangerous?
    It is clips of him, mainly. I am not fucking typing out what I have posted in a video because you refuse to watch the vid that sspecifically answers your question, FFS.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Kat said:

Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines

The Ten Club Community forum is an all-ages, topical and moderated forum. We'll be talking about Pearl Jam's music, new albums and tours and all Pearl Jam and Ten Club activities. Most of all...please be kind and take care of each other and we hope you have lots of FUN!!

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines#latest

My post, my bad. Edited in an attempt to remain within guidelines. Thanks, KAT.
    brianlux said:

My latest prediction: Trump looses hugely in the biggest landslide ever with the lowest voter turnout ever. America goes home and scratches it's collective heads because we don't know what else to do when when are dumb struck by how badly a large number (but not large percent) of our population were duped and how poorly they acted toward one another. The racists, fundamentalists, neo-nazis and other hate groups will all retreat into their corners and wring their hands in aimless anger. Meanwhile, the youth of America step back and call nonsense on the whole freak show and start implementing some big changes in the American mindset.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

I don't think there are any models that can accurately predict what turnout for Trump will look like in the fall.
    I still think there is a decent chance he won't even be there. I know there is a lot of talk of the fact that the republicans are saying they'll support him, but I think they are still leaving an opening for themselves because what they are actually saying is "we will support the nominee". Trump arriving in Cleveland with 40% doesn't make him the nominee, it just makes him the delegate leader. The party could still give the nomination to someone else... who they then will all support as per their comments.

Yes, this has never happened before, but the republican party has never had this level of turmoil before either.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Doesn't look like panic. Just reacting like anyone would.
  • Options
    Protester was beat up today !
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    If I were going to a website that has a MAJORITY of members that were Conservatives, then started baiting threads everyday, that I knew were going to create arguments, I would hope to begin to think just maybe I needed to rethink my need for attention.

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    "Knock the hell out of them. I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise."

On February 1st, Trump made a promise to an angry crowd. You protect me, he said, and I'll protect you. "If you see someone getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously. Knock the hell out of them. I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise."

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/3/12/11211898/donald-trumps-ideology-of-violence
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102

They shouldn't have protested.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    myoung321 said:

If I were going to a website that has a MAJORITY of members that were Conservatives, then started baiting threads everyday, that I knew were going to create arguments, I would hope to begin to think just maybe I needed to rethink my need for attention.

I've asked the same questions you've asked a couple of times. myyoung, and never really gotten much a fix on it. Odd as it may seem, there are some very conservative people who enjoy the music made by a band that has been outspokenly liberal in their viewpoints. I sometimes wonder if there are very liberal minded folks who still listen to Ted Nugent. Yes, very perplexing.

• Options

So this is the person you want to represent you ...
  • Options

"Knock the hell out of them. I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise."

On February 1st, Trump made a promise to an angry crowd. You protect me, he said, and I'll protect you. "If you see someone getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously. Knock the hell out of them. I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise."

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/3/12/11211898/donald-trumps-ideology-of-violence

He's a shit stirrer, pure and simple. The odd thing is, there is not real aim or direction or motive behind stirring the shit other than DT's self fulfilling attention getting.

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

this is almost as comical as "the silent majority" badge
  • Options

If you don't support someone or something, then don't show up. You should go to an event that you do support. Not disrupt an event like a child and not expect to get popped in the face.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    I do agree with The Donald about one thing- I love the poorly educated as well... They are a funny group of individuals.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

If you don't support someone or something, then don't show up. You should go to an event that you do support. Not disrupt an event like a child and not expect to get popped in the face.
    I don't know if you fully understand what the word protest means.

And if someone is protesting peacefully, they should never get "popped in the face". That's not how we roll in a civilized country.
  • Options

I don't think it's a matter of people protesting Trump simply because they do not support him. It's more about people objecting to having a racist neo-nazi promote hate, violence and racism. It's the same reason why we protested the war Viet Nam and help bring an end to that travesty. What Trump stands for and promotes is a travesty and many Americans find it abhorrent that so many give support to that. Protest against that is a reasonable, justifiable reaction.

• Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    brianlux said:

myoung321 said:

I've asked the same questions you've asked a couple of times. myyoung, and never really gotten much a fix on it. Odd as it may seem, there are some very conservative people who enjoy the music made by a band that has been outspokenly liberal in their viewpoints. I sometimes wonder if there are very liberal minded folks who still listen to Ted Nugent. Yes, very perplexing.
    Is it really perplexing? With all due respect this can be seen as making inferences towards the old "you're with us or you're against us" mentality. Perhaps people find solace in Pearl Jam's art in ways that transcend political views. You can care deeply about people/things despite not seeing eye to eye on things political. There's a lot more to life than that! I know you know this so please don't read this as uppity or preachy but this line of discussion has come up before and it kind of comes across as exclusionary. Beyond the band preaching any type of hatred (which they obviously don't) I don't see why people of all backgrounds, opinions, etc., can't find something from them. I think it is pretty awesome that people enjoy the band despite having differing opinions and coming from different walks of life.

What do you think the band members would say if asked whether they think it's cool to question fandom based purely on political views? Beyond basic human rights stuff, politics are but a small picture of what someone is and I think they know this (but who knows, maybe I'm wrong).
  • Options
    dignin said:

I don't know if you fully understand what the word protest means.

And if someone is protesting peacefully, they should never get "popped in the face". That's not how we roll in a civilized country.
    Okay, I see what you're saying. However, if someone wants to peacefully protest they should do it outside of the rally and not inside. I don't know if there is a way to peacefully protest in the middle of a rally.

In this day and age you're just looking for trouble if you are protesting inside.