Options

Trump's rally in Chicago stopped due to protests

Comments

• Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    :smiley:
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    There's always room for Jello! Love that Jello! :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    So was there violence or not? If not, i see no problem. If there was, not cool.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    PJ_Soul said:

The problem is, a lot of the same people who don't know the difference between "sabotage" and "terrorism" don't know the difference between angry protest and violence.

----------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't it be cool if we all got up one morning and on the news there was Trump making this announcement:

"Guess what people, the whole thing is a sham! I'm not a racist. I don't even really want to be your president! I've been making up all this shit for years with the intent of running on a racist platform just to see how many of you true racist would come out of the woodwork and show yourselves. Shame on you! Yes, I deceived you but now the whole world knows what a serious racial problem we have in America and that is shameful!"

Wouldn't that be cool?

But guess what-- that's exactly what he's doing whether intentional or not. Shame on all the racism in America!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539

Trump doesn't drink.

I find that fascinating. Apparently he has never even had a sip of alcohol. That came as quite a shock to me. He seems like he's drunk all the time.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,838

Trump doesn't drink.

I don't trust anyone who doesn't drink.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2016
    eddiec said:

Trump doesn't drink.

I don't trust anyone who doesn't drink.
    Along the lines of "Never trust a man in a bowtie"
    Gene Simmons doesn't drink either.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/12/cruz-rubio-call-trump-protests-sad
    Rubio, the Florida senator, had the harshest words for the protesters. He said in a Fox News interview protests in Chicago had become "an industry" and some of the people involved were "probably being paid to do this."
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Rubio, the Florida senator, had the harshest words for the protesters. He said in a Fox News interview protests in Chicago had become "an industry" and some of the people involved were "probably being paid to do this."

It would be nice of Mr. Rubio to source his ridiculous claim as well.
  • Options

I know.
    The more baseless shit thrown at Trump is more momentum for the Trump train.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

I know.
    My guess is, baseless shit has been thrown at almost every single politician who have ever ran for something. They don't all win.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    There probably is time travel
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

I know.
    The baseless shit is being thrown at the protesters, not the supporters.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,559
    Another drumpf lie..
     Chicago Police Department spokesman said the police did not suggest Donald Trump cancel his Friday night rally contrary to Trump's claim that the decision to cancel was made "in conjunction with law enforcement."
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,933
    Feels like the "riots in Chicago!" description I originally heard last night was strong. Not sure I would go that far.

Also, going by the videos I saw (and these were on MSNBC who was BLASTING Trump all night) there were both protestors and Trump supporters behaving badly. He should be called to task for his rhetoric, but there are groups on both sides now looking for trouble.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    JimmyV said:

Feels like the "riots in Chicago!" description I originally heard last night was strong. Not sure I would go that far.

Also, going by the videos I saw (and these were on MSNBC who was BLASTING Trump all night) there were both protestors and Trump supporters behaving badly. He should be called to task for his rhetoric, but there are groups on both sides now looking for trouble.

Yeah no doubt about it ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

The problem is, a lot of the same people who don't know the difference between "sabotage" and "terrorism" don't know the difference between angry protest and violence.

----------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't it be cool if we all got up one morning and on the news there was Trump making this announcement:

"Guess what people, the whole thing is a sham! I'm not a racist. I don't even really want to be your president! I've been making up all this shit for years with the intent of running on a racist platform just to see how many of you true racist would come out of the woodwork and show yourselves. Shame on you! Yes, I deceived you but now the whole world knows what a serious racial problem we have in America and that is shameful!"

Wouldn't that be cool?

But guess what-- that's exactly what he's doing whether intentional or not. Shame on all the racism in America!
    Kind of like Brewsters Millions, love that Movie

i tell you what man, I am sure you would have hated the way my cities Protesters behaved last night. It was downright scarey and have rarely seen violent behavior like last night since NATO...excluding BLM stuff of course since thats all those people know how to protest. Bottles and rocks were thrown at first responders and Trump supports who brought their families. The thing that really sucked were the idiots using sling shots from afar peppering us as we tried to get Trump supporters to their cars in the parking garage. Thank God Trump called off this rally cause if he showed up we would not of been able to hold the line no matter what our lying superintendent said on the news. I think it was a big mistake by the Trump people to have this Rally at this ultra liberal college 8 blocks from downtown. His audience does not live in a dying brainwashed sanctuary city like Chicago. It was real interesting to me that I saw zero Clinton signs or T-shirts, but tons and tons of Feel the Bern stuff...there were hundreds outside. Trump support just got a stronger last night nationally if you ask me.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

I should've known this would happen...

Sshhhh....I'm being paid to make this happen
    I'm assuming that you were class clown when you were younger?

Anyway, let's be clear. I'm not saying all of them were paid. But the chances of some are pretty good IMO
    IMO (seeing as you've established we can use IMO to qualify silly assertions)... you're out of your mind.

All I've seen lately with regards to Trump rallies is black people getting sucker punched in the face by one-toothed yokels with half a brain.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Illinois State Police charged Deb with resisting arrest though the network reported that neither his video, nor that of a nearby film crew, showed any sign of resistance. The reporter can also be seen on video identifying as a credentialed member of the media.
  • Options
    These protests and cancellations are going to make the next televised debate huge.
    Huge!
    Ratings will soar and Donald will still be the frontrunner.
  • Options
    Trump:The organized group of people, many of them thugs, who shut down our First Amendment rights in Chicago, have totally energized America!

Didn't he choose not to hold rally?
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited March 2016
    BS44325 said:

The loonies who are applauding this shutdown need to go watch the Bushleaguer scene from PJ20 again.

Watched it a lot... yes it shows ignorant easily influenced assholes booing the band.. Hmm easily influenced ... I heard you are like that...

But I'm not calling you an ignorant racist asshole, I just heard something like that.. I heard someone say that...it's not me. It must have been someone that was paid to say things like that.

Like Trump... I just heard it. It wasn't me that said it.. The Klan? I'll have to check them out, I don't have time to look into every single group... but I know we can make AMERICA great again!

And Hey remember, the next time you buy something Pearl Jam... Music, Movies, Tickets, Merch... Thank you... Thank you for helping support the numerous LIBERAL causes the band supports.

Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Do you hear it just wait for it its coming , Trump will surely blame Obama
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,559

Do you hear it just wait for it its coming , Trump will surely blame Obama

Well d'uh
    Everything bad that has ever happened on this continent is the fault of President Obama.
    Going all the way back to and including the Jamestown massacre.
  • Options
    He actually said that he didnt know who the protesters were protesting against ..
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    myoung321 said:

and yes I'll say it... how the hell does a Fascist NeoCon become a fan of a band that is obviously Liberal in every possible way... Does it make you feel good to sing along to Glorified G?

Conservatives aren't scared of opposing viewpoints like liberals are. They may not agree, but they don't need opposing viewpoints eradicated from their existence like liberals seem to.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,933

myoung321 said:

and yes I'll say it... how the hell does a Fascist NeoCon become a fan of a band that is obviously Liberal in every possible way... Does it make you feel good to sing along to Glorified G?

Conservatives aren't scared of opposing viewpoints like liberals are. They may not agree, but they don't need opposing viewpoints eradicated from their existence like liberals seem to.
    Historically speaking that was far from true. Does sometimes feel like things have changed in the present day.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited March 2016
    HAHA good one... scared of alternative viewpoints.that's cute....
    Liberalism and Progressives espouse a wide array of views. Liberals disagree with each other all the time. Conservatives seem to never disagree with any right wing talking points.

But you have every right to have to those beliefs, even if they are wrong... yes wrong... period..

My question is, when will Conservatives support something that is actually looked at as a positive in history books?

Conservatives opposed the American Revolution
    Conservatives opposed freeing the slaves
    Conservatives opposed women’s suffrage
    Conservatives opposed minimum wage and child labor laws, the 8-hour work day, weekends, sick leave… etc.
    Conservatives opposed humane treatment of animals
    Conservatives opposed FDR's New Deal
    Conservatives opposed the Social Security Act
    Conservatives opposed the GI Bill
    Conservatives opposed the Farm Act
    Conservatives opposed the Interstate Highway System
    Conservatives opposed clean air and water
    Conservatives opposed the Civil Right’s Act
    Conservatives opposed Medicare
    Conservatives opposed Equal Protection Under the Law
    Opposed Desegregation, Interracial marriage, The Voting Rights Act, Women’s rights, Same-sex marriage...

That’s quite the list of ignorance, bigotry and racism.

Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    myoung321 said:

HAHA good one... scared of alternative viewpoints.that's cute....
    Liberalism and Progressives espouse a wide array of views. Liberals disagree with each other all the time. Conservatives seem to never disagree with any right wing talking points.

That's not really true. All the cons disagree with Trump no?