Options

Trump's rally in Chicago stopped due to protests

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,766
    Well damn, first Canadians became a race now people who support or don't support a particular candidate are a race? I'm confused!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I think the amount of hate spewn towards Trump obliterates the amount of hate any other candidate has received.

I also think the vitriol he's received has been well deserved, however I'm not sure why those hurling hatred are surprised by return shots at their chosen candidates: seems par for the course.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,567
    brianlux said:

Well damn, first Canadians became a race now people who support or don't support a particular candidate are a race? I'm confused!

I think that if you point out people who are being hateful you are a race.

Or is that if you point out who is being hateful you are a hatist
  • Options

brianlux said:

Now I'm really confused, haha!

I think the amount of hate spewn towards Trump obliterates the amount of hate any other candidate has received.

I also think the vitriol he's received has been well deserved, however I'm not sure why those hurling hatred are surprised by return shots at their chosen candidates: seems par for the course.

Oh, for sure. The DT is running on a platform of instigating hate.

As for vitriol hurled at Trump, the root of that vitriol is anger against the hatred. I don't want to bog this down in discussion in linguistics but one person spewing hatred outward is different that a lot of people spewing anger at the one who hates. Does that make sense?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Now I'm really confused, haha!

Oh, for sure. The DT is running on a platform of instigating hate.

As for vitriol hurled at Trump, the root of that vitriol is anger against the hatred. I don't want to bog this down in discussion in linguistics but one person spewing hatred outward is different that a lot of people spewing anger at the one who hates. Does that make sense?
    To me it does. But for others... not so much. With this in mind... I get it.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

people react like this is the first time a candidate as said something like:
    At a campaign event in Philadelphia in June 2008, Mr. Obama told supporters, “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun. Because from what I understand, folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”

Later that year, as polls showed a close race between Mr. Obama and Republican nominee John McCain, Mr. Obama urged a crowd of about 1,500 at a campaign rally in Elko, Nevada, to get confrontational in their community for him.

“I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors,” Mr. Obama said. “I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face.”

Are you really comparing that mild joke and the incitement to have conversations with Trump promising to pay the legal fees of supporters who assault protesters??
    I see if someone you like says its OK. Good Stuff.
    Bullshit. There is clearly a qualitative and quantitative difference in the statements. If you can't recognize the difference between a joke about a sports team and repeated calls for violence and praise of the violence you are entirely blinded by bias.

In neither case was Obama acting very presidential, but I am aghast that someone who considers themselves intelligent could fail to see the difference between a few poorly constructed remarks and more than a dozen direct mentions of actual violence at his rallies.
    . I want you to argue with them and get in their face.”
    Free said:

Hating on one person or another - especially Bernie - seems to be the norm around here.

Especially Bernie - that is funny shit.
    "Argue with them and get in their face" is equal to "knock the crap out of 'em, I will pay your legal fees" and "I miss the good old days...when they would be taken out on a stretcher"????

Bullshit. I don't believe that you actually think that, I think you are bitterly clinging to an idea that you know is pure fantasy. If not, then God help this country because unbiased, rational thought is becoming a thing of the past.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

people react like this is the first time a candidate as said something like:
    At a campaign event in Philadelphia in June 2008, Mr. Obama told supporters, “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun. Because from what I understand, folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”

Later that year, as polls showed a close race between Mr. Obama and Republican nominee John McCain, Mr. Obama urged a crowd of about 1,500 at a campaign rally in Elko, Nevada, to get confrontational in their community for him.

“I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors,” Mr. Obama said. “I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face.”

Are you really comparing that mild joke and the incitement to have conversations with Trump promising to pay the legal fees of supporters who assault protesters??
    I see if someone you like says its OK. Good Stuff.
    Bullshit. There is clearly a qualitative and quantitative difference in the statements. If you can't recognize the difference between a joke about a sports team and repeated calls for violence and praise of the violence you are entirely blinded by bias.

In neither case was Obama acting very presidential, but I am aghast that someone who considers themselves intelligent could fail to see the difference between a few poorly constructed remarks and more than a dozen direct mentions of actual violence at his rallies.
    . I want you to argue with them and get in their face.”
    Free said:

Hating on one person or another - especially Bernie - seems to be the norm around here.

Especially Bernie - that is funny shit.
    "Argue with them and get in their face" is equal to "knock the crap out of 'em, I will pay your legal fees" and "I miss the good old days...when they would be taken out on a stretcher"????

Bullshit. I don't believe that you actually think that, I think you are bitterly clinging to an idea that you know is pure fantasy. If not, then God help this country because unbiased, rational thought is becoming a thing of the past.
    thought is for them book lernin smart people.

yeee haww!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yeee haww, indeed, Brian!

https://youtu.be/0A7oi_8p-O8
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Yeee haww, indeed, Brian!

https://youtu.be/0A7oi_8p-O8

Haha! Oh yeah! Reminds me of this one too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us5V1HyQvaM

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Nice, Brian.

A few Milkmen songs feature your typical Trump supporter as their protagonist.

Exhibit B
    https://youtu.be/71PNZH1OaW0
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Nice, Brian.

A few Milkmen songs feature your typical Trump supporter as their protagonist.

Exhibit B
    https://youtu.be/71PNZH1OaW0

"They're in it with the aliens. They're building landing strips for gay
    Martians. I swear to God."

LOL!!

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

This kind of thing is only going to get worse. How many here would celebrate if Trump supporters showed up at a Sanders rally in a similar effort? They would be widely condemned, correct? And they would deserve to be. This is not how our political process is supposed to unfold.

Drumpf has already threatened to do that. He would be personally responsible.
    aahhh politics.
    Nasty shit happens behind the scenes but when it comes affront people are aghast.
    People don't like when others tell it like it is.
    So you admit that the Trump protesters are telling it like it is? Is that why the Trump supporters are getting so mad?

If people went to protest at a Bernie rally, Bernie's supporters wouldn't attack them. But even if they did, Bernie would immediately condemn it, not support it.
    He's even gone on record that he's glad Rahm hasn't endorsed him. Bernie's made it clear he's not a fan of DINOs.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    mrussel1 said:

If it was only liberals here, this would suck. We need the conservatives to make the forum interesting.

I'm not against conservatives, just those who refuse to go even slightly to the left of Fox News on any issue and there are a lot lately. Michael Steele is a great example of a sane conservative. Always look forward to him when he's on Bill Maher's show. I'm all for libertarians as well since I'm a third party (green) convert myself as long as they're not cafetaria types. Thanks for not stooping to PJfan's low. I wouldn't be super excited if Kasich or Rand became POTUS but it wouldn't drive me to contemplate moving out of here like Cruz or Drumpf or even Hillary ffs. I never even considered it for Romney.

There are many democrats like Hillary, Rahm and Harry Reid who I flat out hate as much as the right wing crazies.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • Options

A reminder to show your support you can donate here https://secure.donaldjtrump.com/donate/

You're gonna regret that faster than you can say "Wino(na) Forever."
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I think that Trump will win the nomination, and that every single reasonable voter in the USA will go to polls in droves, not matter who he's running against, to ensure that the next POTUS isn't Donald Fucking Trump. I think that even plenty of moderate Republicans would way rather vote for Clinton than Trump.

My manager, who is CEO of our company, dislikes Obama (not like the irrational dislike, but nonetheless). He votes in FL. He is a Republican and he HATES Trump. I asked him if he was going to vote for Hillary and he doesn't know what he is doing. Either Hillary or staying home.
    Have you told him Johnson is running as libertarian? I actually prefer him over Rand Paul to be honest.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320

A reminder to show your support you can donate here https://secure.donaldjtrump.com/donate/

You're gonna regret that faster than you can say "Wino(na) Forever."
    A tat of any politician is an embarrassment , I wish I knew some one with a Trump tat I'd rag on that person every time I saw them !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

So many haters on these forums... Rather then discuss things with an open mind, they just hate this, just hate that.

Free - disagreeing with someone is not synonymous with 'hating'. I know that's how it is in the pop culture today, but in the real world, it's disagreements. If someone calls you an idiot, stupid, asshole, etc. for your beliefs, well that's hating. But saying that Bernie doesn't have momentum, or that he doesn't have a real path forward is somewhere between opinion or sober analysis.
    Ironically, they're the ones who hate and support hateful people like Drumpf and the Kartrashians.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,679

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

So many haters on these forums... Rather then discuss things with an open mind, they just hate this, just hate that.

Free - disagreeing with someone is not synonymous with 'hating'. I know that's how it is in the pop culture today, but in the real world, it's disagreements. If someone calls you an idiot, stupid, asshole, etc. for your beliefs, well that's hating. But saying that Bernie doesn't have momentum, or that he doesn't have a real path forward is somewhere between opinion or sober analysis.
    Ironically, they're the ones who hate and support hateful people like Drumpf and the Kartrashians.
    Who is the they, in your sentence?
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I think that Trump will win the nomination, and that every single reasonable voter in the USA will go to polls in droves, not matter who he's running against, to ensure that the next POTUS isn't Donald Fucking Trump. I think that even plenty of moderate Republicans would way rather vote for Clinton than Trump.

My manager, who is CEO of our company, dislikes Obama (not like the irrational dislike, but nonetheless). He votes in FL. He is a Republican and he HATES Trump. I asked him if he was going to vote for Hillary and he doesn't know what he is doing. Either Hillary or staying home.
    Have you told him Johnson is running as libertarian? I actually prefer him over Rand Paul to be honest.
    I like Johnson. I didn't think he was running. But after Nader gave us Bush, I'm not voting third party.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

This kind of thing is only going to get worse. How many here would celebrate if Trump supporters showed up at a Sanders rally in a similar effort? They would be widely condemned, correct? And they would deserve to be. This is not how our political process is supposed to unfold.

Drumpf has already threatened to do that. He would be personally responsible.
    aahhh politics.
    Nasty shit happens behind the scenes but when it comes affront people are aghast.
    People don't like when others tell it like it is.
    So you admit that the Trump protesters are telling it like it is? Is that why the Trump supporters are getting so mad?

If people went to protest at a Bernie rally, Bernie's supporters wouldn't attack them. But even if they did, Bernie would immediately condemn it, not support it.
    He's even gone on record that he's glad Rahm hasn't endorsed him. Bernie's made it clear he's not a fan of DINOs.
    DINO. ... that's trying to turn the party into the small tent, just like the right wing base has done. Aren't we smarter?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

I was just about to ask the same thing. I know I was one who said that Bernie doesn't have momentum and doesn't have an actual path to the nomination without Hillary imploding, but I am no Trump or Kardashian fan. I will be voting for Gary Johnson if he announces. I will not be voting for a major party presidential candidate this cycle (and haven't for years). So I have no dog in the major party nomination fight, and am just an interested observer of the process.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

I was just about to ask the same thing. I know I was one who said that Bernie doesn't have momentum and doesn't have an actual path to the nomination without Hillary imploding, but I am no Trump or Kardashian fan. I will be voting for Gary Johnson if he announces. I will not be voting for a major party presidential candidate this cycle (and haven't for years). So I have no dog in the major party nomination fight, and am just an interested observer of the process.
    I would totally vote for Johnson if he had a chance in hell. I've changed my strategy to voting for those that would do the most damage to both established parties so that people like Johnson may actually have a fighting chance in the future. The parties are going to have to dissolve somewhat for that to happen.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    JWPearl said:

muskydan said:

Hey 34, isn't it fun getting all the libbies panties in a bunch on here Aye? They really think they are making a difference stroking each other off all the time. You have been graced by all their favorite Libby rebuttals I see and the cherry on top is getting the , I can't believe conservatives love Pearl Jam music so much ...that's when you know you got-em. Keep up the good work and enjoy the show. I mostly play in the train taking dumps, so give it a shot...it's very relieving :)

haha
    This is not so funny when I think about dumps and the problems my dad has
    he has a lump in his kidney that has to b see to now don't know why I even laughed at this comment....
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

good fucking god, trump just rambles and rambles.

"great, incredible, wonderful"

shut the fuck up.

Wobbie said:

shut the fuck up.

mrussel1 said:

Wobbie said:

shut the fuck up.

He's terrific
    mrussel1 said:

Wobbie said:

shut the fuck up.

He's terrific
    Why should he
  • Options
    It's funny you know people just catch on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Well this took another strange turn!
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    hedonist said:

Well this took another strange turn!

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone."
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    yeah, I don't know what the fuck anyone is talking about at this point... particularly JWPearl.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    mrussel1 said:

yeah, I don't know what the fuck anyone is talking about at this point... particularly JWPearl.

i just ignore people when i don't understand their point. i'm not going to go back pages to try to figure it out. got no time for that.

i can't wait to see how the establishment is going to screw over trump. it is going to be great.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733
    I like JWPearl's comments because they break up the monotony of these endless going nowhere threads.