Trump's rally in Chicago stopped due to protests

Comments

• FreeFree Posts: 3,562

Yeah let's talk about Trump since now he has threaten the GOP stablishement with riots in the streets if he doesn't get the nod , this prick is a thug !!

Yes back to topic.
    JimmyV said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

I doubt Bernie would go through this long slog of a primary only to turn around and run as an independent.

To turn and run is to quit and he said already he's not quitting. He's got too much momentum.
    Admitting defeat when the time comes isn't quitting.

There isn't any reason to go through a Democratic primary if you are going to run as an independent. Also kind of a slap in the face to the large numbers of Democrats who have supported him.

I don't see Bernie doing that.
    JimmyV said:

Did these protestors chant "Bernie Sanders" in the venue after shutting down a political opponent's right to free speech? Did the voters in five states look at that and see a glimpse of what the "revolution" may look like? Did those same voters completely reject the Sanders candidacy just four days later?

This was a bad episode in the long slog of the Bernie Sanders campaign. While it may turn out Michigan was the high water mark, Chicago may be remembered as the beginning of the end.

Like I said haters going to hate. This is pure bullshit what you write above.
    Pure bullshit. OK.
    Not only is it bullshit but I have proving you're wrong for weeks about the election and you just keep coming back for more with more hate and more disinformation. It's redundant now I'm done.
    Free said:

JimmyV said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

I doubt Bernie would go through this long slog of a primary only to turn around and run as an independent.

To turn and run is to quit and he said already he's not quitting. He's got too much momentum.

There isn't any reason to go through a Democratic primary if you are going to run as an independent. Also kind of a slap in the face to the large numbers of Democrats who have supported him.

JimmyV said:

Did these protestors chant "Bernie Sanders" in the venue after shutting down a political opponent's right to free speech? Did the voters in five states look at that and see a glimpse of what the "revolution" may look like? Did those same voters completely reject the Sanders candidacy just four days later?

This was a bad episode in the long slog of the Bernie Sanders campaign. While it may turn out Michigan was the high water mark, Chicago may be remembered as the beginning of the end.

Pure bullshit. OK.
    Not only is it bullshit but I have proving you're wrong for weeks about the election and you just keep coming back for more with more hate and more disinformation. It's redundant now I'm done.
    Yep, pure bullshit. Got it.

What part is disinformation?

What part is hate?

I voted for Bernie. That doesn't mean I am incapable of being honest about the state of his campaign.

Being honest by spreading false information? It's not over, and you know it.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Free said:

JimmyV said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

Pure bullshit. OK.
    Free said:

JimmyV said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

Pure bullshit. OK.

What part is hate?

I voted for Bernie. That doesn't mean I am incapable of being honest about the state of his campaign.

What part is false information?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Free said:

Yeah let's talk about Trump since now he has threaten the GOP stablishement with riots in the streets if he doesn't get the nod , this prick is a thug !!

Yes back to topic.
    What is there to talk about.
    It's true. After the impressive numbers he has if he doesn't get the nod people will riot in protest of a rigged system.
    The protests and the protestors who shut down the rally are the topic.

• JimmyV said:

I think the conversation in this thread regarding Chicago will quickly morph into a discussion of the next incident. And the next one. And the one after that.

This thread is morphing into all kinds of trump incidents.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,402
    Free said:

JimmyV said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

Pure bullshit. OK.
    Free said:

JimmyV said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

Pure bullshit. OK.

What part is hate?

It's over if grabbing the nomination is the goal. If the goal is being a protest candidate, then yeah he's got the resources to keep going. But the BS that the campaign is spinning is just that. BS. I asked before what the strategic path is going forward. There isn't an one that passes an analytical test.

JimmyV said:

I think the conversation in this thread regarding Chicago will quickly morph into a discussion of the next incident. And the next one. And the one after that.

This thread is morphing into all kinds of trump incidents.
    We have so many Trump threads. As much as it pains me to say it (and it really, REALLY pains me to say it) in this one he is kind of the victim. The protestors are the story here.

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Free said:

JimmyV said:

Lol. 0 for 5 on Tuesday is an interesting way to describe momentum. I suppose it is, but probably not the kind that gets him the nomination. He definitely unperformed on that day and the results were below expectations. He likely won't run as an independent, and I'm sure he'll stay in through the convention hoping that Hillary implodes, but he isn't going to "win" the delegate race head-to-head with Hillary. That part of the race is over.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    Ok so after Chicago I hope if there are more protests that they do stay outside and protest in peace , at least just to prove that it can be done in a civilized manner ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited March 2016
    So many haters on these forums... Rather then discuss things with an open mind, they just hate this, just hate that.
    edited March 2016
    Free said:

So many haters on these forums... Rather then discuss things with an open mind, they just hate this, just hate that.

Free - disagreeing with someone is not synonymous with 'hating'. I know that's how it is in the pop culture today, but in the real world, it's disagreements. If someone calls you an idiot, stupid, asshole, etc. for your beliefs, well that's hating. But saying that Bernie doesn't have momentum, or that he doesn't have a real path forward is somewhere between opinion or sober analysis.
    Hating on one person or another - especially Bernie - seems to be the norm around here.
  • ckravitzckravitz Posts: 1,668
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Free - disagreeing with someone is not synonymous with 'hating'. I know that's how it is in the pop culture today, but in the real world, it's disagreements. If someone calls you an idiot, stupid, asshole, etc. for your beliefs, well that's hating. But saying that Bernie doesn't have momentum, or that he doesn't have a real path forward is somewhere between opinion or sober analysis.
    Well said.
    We all have choices and when you choose to just hate someone rather than look up their website and see what it's all about? Find out information for yourself? It's a drag to be around people like that.
    Free said:

Hating on one person or another - especially Bernie - seems to be the norm around here.

What is your definition of 'hating'? Because no one hear has disparaged Bernie as a person or a Senator that I've seen. Certainly not recently in the last few pages.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

What is your definition of 'hating'? Because no one hear has disparaged Bernie as a person or a Senator that I've seen. Certainly not recently in the last few pages.
    Some of the drumpf supporters have been haters....

"Bernie flakes"
    "Old goat "

Etc

Saying he doesnt have a realistic or mathematical chance is not hating.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    ckravitz said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Well said.
    Agreed on both posts! And even coming across one or two or three who may be perceived as hateful doesn't, to me, equate to "so many".
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Free said:

There is a pile of support for Bernie in this forum. Now take a gander through these threads about Trump and Cruz, a lot more dislike there....justifiably I might add.

Personally I would love for Bernie to win but put me in the camp that doesn't think it's gonna happen. The math is no longer there...but I still want him to stay in the contest to keep dragging Clinton to the left.

Sorry Free but this is starting to sound like sour grapes, you're gonna have to develop a thicker skin if you want to stick around here and enjoy it.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    hedonist said:

ckravitz said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Well said.
    Agreed on both posts! And even coming across one or two or three who may be perceived as hateful doesn't, to me, equate to "so many".
    Right. I know a couple of posters here have disparaged Bernie, but some of us are being lumped into the "hater" group I guess because we're non-believers. It is some sort of cult-like enthusiasm (and perhaps naivete) that has a few Bernie supporters completely unwilling to look at analysis, polls, and dialog. Leading up to this past Tuesday I kept seeing posts making fun of polls as if they have no validity, when in reality Bernie only defied the polls in 1 case on Super Tuesday in MI. Otherwise, they've been pretty good indicators. They may get the spread wrong, but have generally painted a pretty rational picture. I've even said that I think Bernie will stay in through the convention because he may become the nominee by default if Hillary implodes. But saying that Bernie does not win the nomination going head-to-head against Hillary without something blowing up in Hillary's camp is not hating. Saying Bernie went 0 for 5 on Tuesday is not hating.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2016
    Free said:

Hating on one person or another - especially Bernie - especially Trump seems to be the norm around here.

Fixed
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on

Free said:

Hating on one person or another - especially Bernie - especially Trump seems to be the norm around here.

Fixed
    Yeah, we hate Trump generally speaking. I can't think of very many other GOPers that I hate. Sheriff Joe.. Corey Lewadowski... Eric Cantor...they come to mind.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Fixed
    Yeah, we hate Trump generally speaking. I can't think of very many other GOPers that I hate. Sheriff Joe.. Corey Lewadowski... Eric Cantor...they come to mind.
    I hate Ted Cruz quite a bit.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Ted Cruz makes my flesh crawl.
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

people react like this is the first time a candidate as said something like:
    At a campaign event in Philadelphia in June 2008, Mr. Obama told supporters, “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun. Because from what I understand, folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”

Later that year, as polls showed a close race between Mr. Obama and Republican nominee John McCain, Mr. Obama urged a crowd of about 1,500 at a campaign rally in Elko, Nevada, to get confrontational in their community for him.

“I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors,” Mr. Obama said. “I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face.”

Are you really comparing that mild joke and the incitement to have conversations with Trump promising to pay the legal fees of supporters who assault protesters??
    I see if someone you like says its OK. Good Stuff.
    Bullshit. There is clearly a qualitative and quantitative difference in the statements. If you can't recognize the difference between a joke about a sports team and repeated calls for violence and praise of the violence you are entirely blinded by bias.

In neither case was Obama acting very presidential, but I am aghast that someone who considers themselves intelligent could fail to see the difference between a few poorly constructed remarks and more than a dozen direct mentions of actual violence at his rallies.
    . I want you to argue with them and get in their face.”
    Free said:

Especially Bernie - that is funny shit.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• i voted for bernie too. could not deliver my state for him though.

obama is telling donors to rally behind hillary. he has said he will be active on the campaign trail. this might seal it for hillary. with obama's endorsement trump has no chance in hell.

i saw trump bailed on the upcoming fox debate. probably will do a rally that night and bait some protesters into getting their skulls cracked.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

i voted for bernie too. could not deliver my state for him though.

obama is telling donors to rally behind hillary. he has said he will be active on the campaign trail. this might seal it for hillary. with obama's endorsement trump has no chance in hell.

i saw trump bailed on the upcoming fox debate. probably will do a rally that night and bait some protesters into getting their skulls cracked.

I obviously don't like Trump, but it was actually politically smart for him to bail on the debate. He's got a solid lead. He can only lose ground by debating.
  • mrussel1 said:

I obviously don't like Trump, but it was actually politically smart for him to bail on the debate. He's got a solid lead. He can only lose ground by debating.
    He never did lose ground from debates.
    He has had enough and said so after the last one. Time and time again his answers are the same and he is tired of the same questions. Progressive.

mrussel1 said:

He never did lose ground from debates.
    He has had enough and said so after the last one. Time and time again his answers are the same and he is tired of the same questions. Progressive.
    He's a progressive? Awesome.
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Some of the drumpf supporters have been haters....

"Bernie flakes"
    "Old goat "

Etc

Saying he doesnt have a realistic or mathematical chance is not hating.
    Calling out the "Haters" with some Hate of your own I see…..Its funny to me how we have our own brand of "systemic racism" on train.