muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

It's a huge mistake by anyone associated with the dems. I'm not sure it moves a neutral or leans left to Trump, but it continues to cede the high ground.

This. It is absolutely the reason I have no respect for the #blacklivesmatter fools, and now seeing "progressives" suppressing speech has completely turned me off. Regardless of their message, I can no longer respect them. We're keep hearing about Trump leading us to fascism, but the liberal statists and progressives aren't far behind these days. They just come at control from a different angle.
    I would hope and expect Obama to criticize this behavior in the coming days, if this continues.
    Don't count on it, but it would be very Presidential of him if he did. That's a favorite description of Obummer I see on the train. Maybe he will have another one of his famous beer summits or say if he had a son he would look like Treycon. In all reality He is probably chopping it up on the Golf course as we speak.
    Treycon? Really? After three years of George Zimmerman run ins with the law, you think Treyvon deserved to be shot? WTF.
    Probably not, but Zimmerman just beat a fellow gang banger to the punch.... same thing w/ lil Mike Brown....
    Dude, that is a serious asshole statement. It's okay that a black kid got killed because he would have been killed by another black dude anyway down the road. Again. WTF. What are you doing in our community?
    So all gangbabgers are black? They sure aren't in my town...it's like 65 Blk 30 Hispanic , 5 other..... Something along those lines.
    Nice fucking try. The two kids you pointed out were both black. You can try to nuance whatever you want but no one's buying that bullshit.
    Get on get on the groovy train....
    Sick ass racist statements. Congrats for filling that void here on the AMT.
    Calm down, I have said nothin racist.... Just realist. You are the one being racist making assumptions of the race of all gangbangers....
    Typical tactic from those like you. Someone points out you're being racist and you shout, "I'm rubber you're glue! You're racist for pointing out what a racist I am!" Man the F up and take responsibility ffs.
    Did you say man up on the Train?? Thats priceless...
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

It's a huge mistake by anyone associated with the dems. I'm not sure it moves a neutral or leans left to Trump, but it continues to cede the high ground.

This. It is absolutely the reason I have no respect for the #blacklivesmatter fools, and now seeing "progressives" suppressing speech has completely turned me off. Regardless of their message, I can no longer respect them. We're keep hearing about Trump leading us to fascism, but the liberal statists and progressives aren't far behind these days. They just come at control from a different angle.
    I would hope and expect Obama to criticize this behavior in the coming days, if this continues.
    Don't count on it, but it would be very Presidential of him if he did. That's a favorite description of Obummer I see on the train. Maybe he will have another one of his famous beer summits or say if he had a son he would look like Treycon. In all reality He is probably chopping it up on the Golf course as we speak.
    Treycon? Really? After three years of George Zimmerman run ins with the law, you think Treyvon deserved to be shot? WTF.
    Probably not, but Zimmerman just beat a fellow gang banger to the punch.... same thing w/ lil Mike Brown....
    Dude, that is a serious asshole statement. It's okay that a black kid got killed because he would have been killed by another black dude anyway down the road. Again. WTF. What are you doing in our community?
    So all gangbabgers are black? They sure aren't in my town...it's like 65 Blk 30 Hispanic , 5 other..... Something along those lines.
    Nice fucking try. The two kids you pointed out were both black. You can try to nuance whatever you want but no one's buying that bullshit.
    Calm down, I have said nothin racist.... Just realist. You are the one being racist making assumptions of the race of all gangbangers....
    Deluded, denial. I refuse to play games with you musky Dan, but when you get your kicks kicking other people down it's clear who you are.
  • Options
    Free said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

Deluded, denial. I refuse to play games with you musky Dan, but when you get your kicks kicking other people down it's clear who you are.
    This is like watching the trump protesters against a peaceful trump rally.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Free said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

No worries, can't like everyone's opinions on here. In my best Forrst Gumb twang, sorry to break up your Libby stroke each other off Party...carry on..... flush
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,679

Free said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

Really? You can defend Musky's comment about Trayvon earlier?
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

Free said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

Nice one
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

Living in a neighourhood like that I wouldn't want to be an innocent child.
    Then again, me and I think yourself avoid areas like that all together.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    edited March 2016

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

He wasn't in a bad neighborhood when he was killed. That doesn't really answer the question. Do you

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

He was killed in a middle class neighborhood in Sanford FL. You're a conservative, I'm a moderate. I'm sure you've seen me arguing with all the Bernie people here. So I'm wondering, do you condone or agree with the statement that he made, but Zimmerman just beat a fellow gang banger to the punch.... same thing w/ lil Mike Brown", either condoning or dismissing the crime?
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

He wasn't in a bad neighborhood when he was killed. That doesn't really answer the question. Do you

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

He was killed in a middle class neighborhood in Sanford FL. You're a conservative, I'm a moderate. I'm sure you've seen me arguing with all the Bernie people here. So I'm wondering, do you condone or agree with the statement that he made, but Zimmerman just beat a fellow gang banger to the punch.... same thing w/ lil Mike Brown", either condoning or dismissing the crime?
    I don't know. I will have to ask the jury on this one.
    They are currently out for lunch in Cuba with the prez.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

Really? You think there was a 100% chance that Treyvon Marting was going to be killed by a gangbanger? He had no criminal record. But you know who did? Zimmerman was arrested for battery of a police officer in 2005 and continues with his BS today. You can play the BS nuance game all you want.

Nice that you have a pic of Obama and Sharpton as your avatar, considering you hate Obama. And your previous avatar was also of an African American. Curious. Play all the fucking games you want. No one is fooled.
    I'll tell you what, I defiantly do have some A.D.D. But what part of probably means 100%? I went to a Chicago public grade school so forgive me if I don't understand the meaning of probably....

I am glad you like my Obummer Sharpten lovefest pic...it sure does say it all, doesn't it...
    First, that ain't what you said. So yeah, your education has failed you. You said "Probably not, but Zimmerman just beat a fellow gang banger to the punch" to my question about whether you think Zimmerman was justified. You did not qualify the statement about Martin being killed by a gangbanger with 'probably'. Perhaps you should continue to DEFIANTLY fight that A.D.D. of yours. It's not working.

On the bright side, it appears that you meet the qualification of disaffected, under-educated white voter for Trump.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

Sad that you can't make your own decision on whether that's an appropriate or humane statement.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

Sad that you can't make your own decision on whether that's an appropriate or humane statement.
    It's not that I don't have an opinion.
    This thread is supposed to be about Trump protesters and all things holy.
    Let's not sidetrack.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

I forgot to mention you forgot to insert gated community after middle class.
    Not sure who it is supposed to be gated from though. It's a nice area right?
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

I forgot to mention you forgot to insert gated community after middle class.
    Not sure who it is supposed to be gated from though. It's a nice area right?
    Really? Gated communities are usually in the ghetto?
  • Options
    Does anyone else notice that these current batch of protesters mean nothing.
    There is not one newsource that wants (or claims) to shut these thugs down.
    The ratings are soaring and everyone wants to know what will happen next in the Donald land.
    It's like watching the OJ chase but actually going the speed limit.

• Options
    Hmmmm.

I propose we have one or two days a year when we can tell it like it is. Kind of like the movie, The Purge. It's really hard to read some comments and not just f**king obliterate the gnat that wrote them sometimes.

I'm not quite ready to give up on this forum... but I'm approaching my expiration date. I'm just not fantastic at taking the higher road.

Have a nice evening. Go Zags.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,567
    Before this thread gets locked I thought that I would point out that today you call the protesters "liberal extremists" but 240 years ago they were called colonial revolutionaries.

Where would we be today without those colonial revolutionaries??
  • Options

Before this thread gets locked I thought that I would point out that today you call the protesters "liberal extremists" but 240 years ago they were called colonial revolutionaries.

You would have a gnat free zone.
    Free to just tell it like it is.
    One day it would be nice to fly around like a mosquito and survive.
  • Options

Hmmmm.

I propose we have one or two days a year when we can tell it like it is. Kind of like the movie, The Purge. It's really hard to read some comments and not just f**king obliterate the gnat that wrote them sometimes.

I'm not quite ready to give up on this forum... but I'm approaching my expiration date. I'm just not fantastic at taking the higher road.

TB
    Whenever you are feeling a Bern just go to other places. AET perhaps? and discuss your favourite colour or perhaps what you are eating at the moment. That may help you breathe a little.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

These protestors are not the equivalent of the colonial revolutionaries. The colonial revolutionaries were against big government...these protestors want more government.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

These protestors are not the equivalent of the colonial revolutionaries. The colonial revolutionaries were against big government...these protestors want more government.
    No, they weren't against big government. Don't try to use today's nomenclature or talking points. Nor were they liberals in the sense that we use that term today. They were white wealthy land owners striving to become wealthier by throwing off the yoke of the crown.

No splinter group today gets to claim them as their own. And they probably shouldn't want to. It's not as if they were infallible.
  • Options

Hmmmm.

TB
    Whenever you are feeling a Bern just go to other places. AET perhaps? and discuss your favourite colour or perhaps what you are eating at the moment. That may help you breathe a little.
    This would be a great suggestion; however, even in those seemingly benign threads... people find a way to worm themselves into them.

Sometimes I think it would be better to be stupid. Like, say for example, you had zero social awareness. You would never know when people think you're a moron. You could just blather away and spout off without regard and as far as you would know... you're freaking gawddamn awesome!

I dunno.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Hmmmm.

TB
    This would be a great suggestion; however, even in those seemingly benign threads... people find a way to worm themselves into them.

Sometimes I think it would be better to be stupid. Like, say for example, you had zero social awareness. You would never know when people think you're a moron. You could just blather away and spout off without regard and as far as you would know... you're freaking gawddamn awesome!

I dunno.
    I knew you could do it thirty!
    Now what about those protesters?
  • Options

Hmmmm.

TB

I dunno.
    I knew you could do it thirty!
    Now what about those protesters?
    They need to learn how to protest better.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

No, they weren't against big government. Don't try to use today's nomenclature or talking points. Nor were they liberals in the sense that we use that term today. They were white wealthy land owners striving to become wealthier by throwing off the yoke of the crown.

No splinter group today gets to claim them as their own. And they probably shouldn't want to. It's not as if they were infallible.
    The crown was big government...taxing and making laws from across the ocean. The landowners were white and wealthy but they wanted self rule all the same. It's sort of outlined in the declaration of independence and the constitution if you need some source material.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    To get back on topic...

This happened:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2016/03/illegals_held_in_vicious_framingham_rape

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/howie_carr/2016/03/carr_undocumented_are_running_amok_with_no_recourse

I don't support Trump but he is speaking to this problem and he is not racist to do so.

Edit: added second link
    Post edited by BS44325 on
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

The crown was big government...taxing and making laws from across the ocean. The landowners were white and wealthy but they wanted self rule all the same. It's sort of outlined in the declaration of independence and the constitution if you need some source material.
    You are using your political lens of today. The Constitution limits the FEDERAL government. Specifically the 10th Amendment grants all powers not specifically enumerated in the first 9 Amendments, to the states. It does not limit the states or the local governments what they can and cannot do, so long as they don't violate the Bill of Rights. That is not the same as libertarianism or even classic liberalism.

And thanks for the sarcastic sentence at the end.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

You are using your political lens of today. The Constitution limits the FEDERAL government. Specifically the 10th Amendment grants all powers not specifically enumerated in the first 9 Amendments, to the states. It does not limit the states or the local governments what they can and cannot do, so long as they don't violate the Bill of Rights. That is not the same as libertarianism or even classic liberalism.

Yes...the constitution limits the federal government...that is my point. For Bentleyspop to compare today's protestors to the colonial revolutionaries makes no sense. Today's protestors (other then the Tea Party) are generally for a larger more unlimited/unrestrained federal government.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Yes...the constitution limits the federal government...that is my point. For Bentleyspop to compare today's protestors to the colonial revolutionaries makes no sense. Today's protestors (other then the Tea Party) are generally for a larger more unlimited/unrestrained federal government.
    Right, but the Constitution does not limit state gov't, with the exception of the Bill of Rights. It can be as large and intrusive as it wants to be. And my point was that the Founders were not classical liberals (although they had some Locke influence, obviously). I agreed that the protesters don't represent the Founding Fathers. But I'm also arguing that they were not against big gov't, only big federal gov't which is not the same. I'm saying both of you were wrong (although you, based on a much more narrow basis).