Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

This kind of thing is only going to get worse. How many here would celebrate if Trump supporters showed up at a Sanders rally in a similar effort? They would be widely condemned, correct? And they would deserve to be. This is not how our political process is supposed to unfold.

Drumpf has already threatened to do that. He would be personally responsible.
    aahhh politics.
    Nasty shit happens behind the scenes but when it comes affront people are aghast.
    People don't like when others tell it like it is.
    So you admit that the Trump protesters are telling it like it is? Is that why the Trump supporters are getting so mad?

If people went to protest at a Bernie rally, Bernie's supporters wouldn't attack them. But even if they did, Bernie would immediately condemn it, not support it.
    No, Trump tells it how he sees it and many people don't like it.
    Who wants to devote time out of their life to protest Bernie? cmon, it's Bernie

If a person who was sitting in a 10c seat wearing Nickelback clothing at a PJ concert started shouting at EV all night that PJ sucks and Nickelback is better would that draw ire?

I was being facetious, but anyway, Trump does not tell it how he sees it. He just knows how stupid his supporters are and says what will make them vote for him. I can't believe it's actually working and that people think he's telling the truth, lmao. Ridiculous and scary at the same time.

We're not talking about ire. We're talking about dangerous violence.
    Trump tells exactly how he sees it; as a racist, bigot, misogynist, arrogant, egotistical asshole.
    If Trump is truly all these things, then me exactly why Ben Carson, Chris Christie, and notable others in high places, would ruin their own good name by endorsing him?

I'll tell you why, because they're playing the game to hopefully be hired as his right-hand fool.
    So now, Ben Carson is a fool?
    I wouldn't exactly trust him operating on me, for sure.
    Why, do you have something against Black surgeons? Are you racist?
    Do you even know anything about Ben Carson?

We all know a bit too much, now, don't we. Did you watch any of the debates? "Please somebody attack me! "
    So you are judging/knowing Ben Carson from the debates.

You didn't answer my questions....so I assume...

Assume what? Assumption brings nothing but disappointment, I'm now set up because I didn't specify everything about Ben Carson. Yes I know more about him than just from the debates. All of the candidates are crazy. Lets get back on topic.
    Most of this thread has gotten off topic. You make this statement " I wouldn't exactly trust him operating on me, for sure", and I asked you 2 questions, which you did not answer.

• Options
    BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

People who are comparing this to Hitler's rise in Nazi Germany have seriously lost their marbles.

Marbles lost... Every single marble.

(Especially with all the interesting talk earlier this year on "if you could go back in time and kill baby hitler would you?"...lot of people polled said yes and now you are giving some nut job the license to go ahead and do it)

The best defense against this kind of characterization is to make it look crazy. Well done BS.

Unfortunately what even more crazy is that it is not all that far from the truth.
    It is crazy. People who think this way have completely lost all sense of perspective. The Art of the Deal is not Mein Kampf.
    The Art of the Deal and Mein Kampf are both autobiographies written from very different perspectives. There's really no relevance to the comparison. What is relevant is that both men are characterized by various forms of racism and hatred. This we know to be true.
    No. We do not know this to be true.
    Someone who openly says the things Trump does about Women, Mexicans and Muslims isn't exactly what I would call a humanitarian. He's preying on the bigotry and hatred of a large portion of the American population and even if he doesn't believe all of the rhetoric he's spouting off he certainly has no problem saying it. I'd say that's a pretty solid example of overt racism and anyone who dismisses it is simply in denial.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,055

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

People who are comparing this to Hitler's rise in Nazi Germany have seriously lost their marbles.

(Especially with all the interesting talk earlier this year on "if you could go back in time and kill baby hitler would you?"...lot of people polled said yes and now you are giving some nut job the license to go ahead and do it)

The best defense against this kind of characterization is to make it look crazy. Well done BS.

Unfortunately what even more crazy is that it is not all that far from the truth.
    It is crazy. People who think this way have completely lost all sense of perspective. The Art of the Deal is not Mein Kampf.
    The Art of the Deal and Mein Kampf are both autobiographies written from very different perspectives. There's really no relevance to the comparison. What is relevant is that both men are characterized by various forms of racism and hatred. This we know to be true.
    Someone who openly says the things Trump does about Women, Mexicans and Muslims isn't exactly what I would call a humanitarian. He's preying on the bigotry and hatred of a large portion of the American population and even if he doesn't believe all of the rhetoric he's spouting off he certainly has no problem saying it. I'd say that's a pretty solid example of overt racism and anyone who dismisses it is simply in denial.
    Exactly.

We know this for sure: Trump does not get up every morning and sing about how he loves all the little children red, brown, yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. It amazes me that anyone out there tries to defend Trump by saying he is not a racist misogynistic hate monger.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

So I just read that Will Quiig (KKK asshole bighead) is backing Hillary... Guess she is a racist too. Or maybe these dumbasses are just trying to get in the news?

If you're going to quote something linked from Drudge Report, you should provide the whole context. Most everyone thinks that's a joke and he is just deflecting or creating a diversion. He said he believes she has a 'secret agenda' that only he knows.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/12192975/The-KKK-leader-who-says-he-backs-Hillary-Clinton.html
    The Drudge report? It's damn near everywhere. Now, I do not truly believe she aligns with the KKK, my point was that just because someone is endorsed by someone does not mean that they allign, especially eccentric groups like the KKK that are only trying to jump into a spotlight.
    You can pull one ridiculous example, but you know damn well that white supremacists don't support Hillary. That makes zero sense considering her platform. By contrast, go back and read David Duke's platform when he ran for governor in 1988. Read about how he focused on immigrants, legal AND illegal. Just like Trump. Or take a gander at this recent article from Duke's biographer: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/how-david-dukes-very-live-ghost-haunts-donald-trump-213720
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

It is a stretch in my mind; however, coming from the guy that has routinely insisted Trump is not racist- despite the torrid rate of evidence pointing to the contrary piling up- your point has not been taken very well.

What I would say is, without question, there are similarities: in particular, the inocuous starts to both of their political careers, the dangerous ideology he spouts and the thuggery he condones.

Read Erik Larsen's 'In the Garden of Beasts' for a nice account of how Hitler was initially taken as a bit of a joke to the point where he seized control of Germany with an iron fist.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

Exactly.

We know this for sure: Trump does not get up every morning and sing about how he loves all the little children red, brown, yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. It amazes me that anyone out there tries to defend Trump by saying he is not a racist misogynistic hate monger.
    He constantly says he loves the Chinese.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

I am not for Trump nor do I think he's a racist. I don't even think his comments are generally racist. It is not denial...it is just recognition of a man who is successfully smashing through the Overton Window while the rest of you fire the last of your remaining "Racist!" bullets. The general public is growing ever more tired of the classic left on right "shout racist to drown at all discussion" technique. You did it during the health care debated when Trump didn't even exist as a thing and now you are doing it again. You are the boys that cry wolf and the more you yell "racist" the more you actually increase his support. Please don't turn me into a supporter...I don't think I could handle it.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

It is a stretch in my mind; however, coming from the guy that has routinely insisted Trump is not racist- despite the torrid rate of evidence pointing to the contrary piling up- your point has not been taken very well.

What I would say is, without question, there are similarities: in particular, the inocuous starts to both of their political careers, the dangerous ideology he spouts and the thuggery he condones.

Read Erik Larsen's 'In the Garden of Beasts' for a nice account of how Hitler was initially taken as a bit of a joke to the point where he seized control of Germany with an iron fist.
    Yup...it's just a short stroll from there to the gas chambers. Marbles lost...
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Hitler never gained his popularity or power detailing the master plan in great detail. These things came into effect well after absolute power was established. The German people were snowed bit by bit until it was much too late to reverse course.

I'm not saying Trump has a master plan that rivals Hitler's. Not at all- it is not what I believe. I'm supporting the notion that there are similarities between Hitler and Trump's ascensions at least to this point. I've already mentioned a few similarities that you ignored and dismiss them all you want... but they're legitimate. Add in a dose of charismatic leadership that serves (and served) them both very well- appealing to emotions of their followers- and there are plenty of parallels that support a reasonable comparison.

As for defending his racist point of view... he has a filter- the racist bytes we are accustomed to now are, in all likelihood, merely a small sampling of his belief system. He's likely a lot more racist than we even have considered to this point.

You're out to lunch. Big time.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

Exactly.

solely because he wants to do business with them. he doesn't really love the chinese.... saying he does is in of itself is ridiculous statement.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

Exactly.

solely because he wants to do business with them. he doesn't really love the chinese.... saying he does is in of itself is ridiculous statement.

The Chinese have not come forth and called him out.
  • Options

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

Exactly.

why would they? and who of the billion or so chinese do you want to hear from???

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    edited March 2016

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

Exactly.

why would they? and who of the billion or so chinese do you want to hear from???

Funny you should ask. Here is something from the state owned paper about how democracy breeds racism, as evidenced by Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/03/14/china-paper-says-rise-of-racist-trump-shows-democracy-is-scary/
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

Exactly.

Funny you should ask. Here is something from the state owned paper about how democracy breeds racism, as evidenced by Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/03/14/china-paper-says-rise-of-racist-trump-shows-democracy-is-scary/
    that article or rehash of the original article lost me at state owned. propaganda does not interest me as a reliable conduit of anything constructive. its hardly a shock that a communist government has come out on the evils of the capitalist USA.. and woop de doop we know democracy, and when we say democracy we really mean capitalism is scary... it is deeply flawed and as far as im concerned not even representative of the people or even in their best interests... therefore hardly democracy anyways.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

Exactly.

that article or rehash of the original article lost me at state owned. propaganda does not interest me as a reliable conduit of anything constructive. its hardly a shock that a communist government has come out on the evils of the capitalist USA.. and woop de doop we know democracy, and when we say democracy we really mean capitalism is scary... it is deeply flawed and as far as im concerned not even representative of the people or even in their best interests... therefore hardly democracy anyways.

When you say the Chinese, that typically means the gov't. Are you looking for some independent Chinese new source? Or just a quote from a random Chinese citizen?
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Hitler never gained his popularity or power detailing the master plan in great detail. These things came into effect well after absolute power was established. The German people were snowed bit by bit until it was much too late to reverse course.

I'm not saying Trump has a master plan that rivals Hitler's. Not at all- it is not what I believe. I'm supporting the notion that there are similarities between Hitler and Trump's ascensions at least to this point. I've already mentioned a few similarities that you ignored and dismiss them all you want... but they're legitimate. Add in a dose of charismatic leadership that serves (and served) them both very well- appealing to emotions of their followers- and there are plenty of parallels that support a reasonable comparison.

As for defending his racist point of view... he has a filter- the racist bytes we are accustomed to now are, in all likelihood, merely a small sampling of his belief system. He's likely a lot more racist than we even have considered to this point.

When you're done with Erik Larsen you should read some Dilbert...

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/140995102361/the-trump-riots-that-are-mostly-my-fault

He nails this Hitler ridiculousness pretty well...but it is a blog...not sure that meets your criteria of acceptable source material.

• Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/140995102361/the-trump-riots-that-are-mostly-my-fault

He nails this Hitler ridiculousness pretty well...but it is a blog...not sure that meets your criteria of acceptable source material.

Not to be a douche, but Trump is not anti war. He is also not for free speech. Remember he said he wants to expand the libel laws. I'm not saying he is Hitler, but Adams got some key points wrong when making his case.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I read it. I'm not a 'blog snob'.

Exactly how does this blog debunk any of the similarities I have already pointed out to you? This blog makes reference to some of the common elements between the two idiots in a vague, almost off-hand manner... but then counters them with, what I would call, some fuzzy counter opinions- ultimately lending support to the notion that, as I have modestly contended- there are commonalities which I'm not going to bother repeating.

And did you mean to brush off Erik Larson in favour of Dilbert as you seemingly did? You prefer the work of an opinionist versus the work of a researcher? This is how you came across.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Not to be a douche, but Trump is not anti war. He is also not for free speech. Remember he said he wants to expand the libel laws. I'm not saying he is Hitler, but Adams got some key points wrong when making his case.
    I agree with you on that actually...the suggested changes to the libel laws are anti-free speech...it's a reason I'm not a fan of Trump. What I think Adams gets right though is just the ridiculousness of the Hitler comparison as a whole. Again...people need to take a deep breath. There are plenty of reasons not to like Trump without going "full hitler".
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I agree with you on that actually...the suggested changes to the libel laws are anti-free speech...it's a reason I'm not a fan of Trump. What I think Adams gets right though is just the ridiculousness of the Hitler comparison as a whole. Again...people need to take a deep breath. There are plenty of reasons not to like Trump without going "full hitler".
    Trump is definitely not hitler. Adolph had a vision and a rock solid set of principles. Trump is a cheap narcissist who will change his position in a second.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Trump is definitely not hitler. Adolph had a vision and a rock solid set of principles. Trump is a cheap narcissist who will change his position in a second.
    Lol!

Fair enough... Trump is a buffoon compared to Hitler.

There's one more similarity, BS: both look like dorks. F**k... Hitler had the stupidest moustache in the history of the world. And... Trump has the stupidest hair in the modern era. A couple of dorks for sure.

Say nothing of their spastic gyrations when spewing their rhetoric, which are, let's be honest, similar as well. Yah... the more I think of it...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

Exactly.

When you say the Chinese, that typically means the gov't. Are you looking for some independent Chinese new source? Or just a quote from a random Chinese citizen?
    id have to look and see if an independent chinese news source exists. id be very interested to see what they had to say.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Agreed!
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,849

dignin said:

Free said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

This kind of thing is only going to get worse. How many here would celebrate if Trump supporters showed up at a Sanders rally in a similar effort? They would be widely condemned, correct? And they would deserve to be. This is not how our political process is supposed to unfold.

aahhh politics.
    Nasty shit happens behind the scenes but when it comes affront people are aghast.
    So you admit that the Trump protesters are telling it like it is? Is that why the Trump supporters are getting so mad?

If people went to protest at a Bernie rally, Bernie's supporters wouldn't attack them. But even if they did, Bernie would immediately condemn it, not support it.

If a person who was sitting in a 10c seat wearing Nickelback clothing at a PJ concert started shouting at EV all night that PJ sucks and Nickelback is better would that draw ire?

I was being facetious, but anyway, Trump does not tell it how he sees it. He just knows how stupid his supporters are and says what will make them vote for him. I can't believe it's actually working and that people think he's telling the truth, lmao. Ridiculous and scary at the same time.

Trump tells exactly how he sees it; as a racist, bigot, misogynist, arrogant, egotistical asshole.
    If Trump is truly all these things, then me exactly why Ben Carson, Chris Christie, and notable others in high places, would ruin their own good name by endorsing him?

I'll tell you why, because they're playing the game to hopefully be hired as his right-hand fool.

Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

JimmyV said:

aahhh politics.

I wouldn't exactly trust him operating on me, for sure.
    Do you even know anything about Ben Carson?

He believes the world was literally created in 6 days. He thinks that Charles Darwin was inspired by "forces of evil". He thinks that going to prison turns you gay. These are just a few things I can think of of the top of my head. I'm guessing there's a lot more. The man is an idiot.
    Easy.
    The religious people believe this shit. Show some compassion.
    Compassion? My wife is very religious but she knows what metaphors are. Not believing in evolution is the same as not believing in gravity. Carson is a genius, no doubt, but he completely lacks common sense which also makes him an idiot.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,602
    edited March 2016
    Maybe people shouldn't be comparing drumpf to hitler but instead comparing him to mussolini another famous fascist...

https://youtu.be/79TRDRPGx34
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Maybe people shouldn't be comparing drumpf to hitler but instead comparing him to mussolini another famous fascist...

https://youtu.be/79TRDRPGx34

It's a bit more appropriate, but there are a whole lot of Trump supporters who have no idea what Mussolini even means. Everybody knows Hitler!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,055
    Since some people have a problem with making comparisons (OK with me, fair enough) maybe the best thing to do is keep the descriptions generic. Instead of saying Trump is like Hitler or like Mussolini maybe just say it like it is:

Trump promotes hate.
    Trump promotes violence.
    Trump makes racist statements.
    Trump is definitely misogynistic.
    Trump is extremely weak on environment (thinks global warming is a hoax).

Pretty hard to argue against those statements.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,002
    brianlux said:

Since some people have a problem with making comparisons (OK with me, fair enough) maybe the best thing to do is keep the descriptions generic. Instead of saying Trump is like Hitler or like Mussolini maybe just say it like it is:

Trump promotes hate.
    Trump promotes violence.
    Trump makes racist statements.
    Trump is definitely misogynistic.
    Trump is extremely weak on environment (thinks global warming is a hoax).

Pretty hard to argue against those statements.

Agreed. Trump can be and is a variety of terrible things without being Hitler.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    “Even if Donald Trump turns out not to be such a great president, which I don’t think is the case ... We’re only looking at four years as opposed to multiple generations and perhaps the loss of the American dream forever.”

- Dr. Ben Carson