Options

Trump's rally in Chicago stopped due to protests

Comments

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

From a Trump rally...

They are all racist yeah all of them if you support Trump your a racist there I said it. !!
    At the very least, I feel like anyone who supports Trump has no real problem with racism.
    Exactly they all say the same shit I'm not a racist just because I support Trump , well I'm done being PC if you support Trump I'm calling you a racist ...
    Your run-on sentences really confuse me sometimes.

Also, mods, I do believe that I'm being called racist for supporting a presidential candidate. This behavior shouldn't be allowed here.
    Good god. Facepalm!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    Lol. Why don't you just try and explain to us how you can possibly justify your support for Trump as a non-racist instead of tattling? It would be so much more interesting.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

From a Trump rally...

They are all racist yeah all of them if you support Trump your a racist there I said it. !!
    At the very least, I feel like anyone who supports Trump has no real problem with racism.
    Exactly they all say the same shit I'm not a racist just because I support Trump , well I'm done being PC if you support Trump I'm calling you a racist ...

Also, mods, I do believe that I'm being called racist for supporting a presidential candidate. This behavior shouldn't be allowed here.
    Lighten up, Francis.

Are you being oppressed?
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,310

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

From a Trump rally...

Here, I will help you out. Post your issue here and I'm sure the mods will get back to you.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/246474/the-im-a-victim-thread#latest
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    And now I'm getting 2 sarcastic attacks and getting questions from a Canadian about American politics
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    edited March 2016

And now I'm getting 2 sarcastic attacks and getting questions from a Canadian about American politics

I know more about American politics than most Americans do.
    America has a huge impact on Canada. I also have American friends. I have a vested interest in American politics.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Canadians are welcome to discuss American politics and we join them in discussing their politics as well.

Don't you have a desire to refute the things said? I would at least make an attempt before I told on someone.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Canadians are welcome to discuss American politics and we join them in discussing their politics as well.

Don't you have a desire to refute the things said? I would at least make an attempt before I told on someone.
    I didn't say Canadians weren't welcome to discuss. They're more than welcome.

I just find it "odd" like how you find it "odd" that conservatives like Pearl Jam's music.

And I don't need to refute the things said. I've refuted the things said many times now and you all still ask the same questions expecting a completely different answer.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2016
    If anyone wants they can donate here https://secure.donaldjtrump.com/donate/
    I know he doesn't need the money but maybe donations from the train could be used to further some race relations group.
    He takes visa and mastercard too so there are plenty of ways to donate!

I am PJfanwillneverleave1 and I approve this message.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

rgambs said:

I just find it "odd" like how you find it "odd" that conservatives like Pearl Jam's music.

And I don't need to refute the things said. I've refuted the things said many times now and you all still ask the same questions expecting a completely different answer.
    Why is it odd? You don't think the US affects Canada in a huge and significant way? Are you not aware of how completely interconnected our cultures and media and economies and politics are?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Why is it odd? You don't think the US affects Canada in a huge and significant way? Are you not aware of how completely interconnected our cultures and media and economies and politics are?
    Not really. I never hear anything about Canadian politics or their economy.

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    This is an interview with Brandon Stanton, creator of Humans of NY, who wrote the Letter to Donald Trump that went viral yesterday. Worth the watch.

https://www.yahoo.com/katiecouric/humans-of-new-yorks-brandon-stanton-on-trump-154634146.html

Humans of New York's Brandon Stanton on Trump
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,310

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

This does not surprise me in the least.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

I believe the polite term is. .. provincial. Ironically
  • Options
    edited March 2016

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Lol, kay. Well it's only the US's biggest trading partner in the world by far. And only the longest shared border on the face of the planet.
    And I'm sure our Prime Minister enjoyed the State Dinner thrown for him at the White House 5 days ago. :tongue:
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

If you want to hear about those things just start a thread.
    Make sure to always agree with the liberals though.
    Also any support of the other parties is taboo and will get you labelled as a racist con and will end all further discussion you wish to have.
  • Options
    dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

I know right. An American following Canadian politics is so common, isn't it? Because we should all really care about the nothing that goes on there.

I must be a dunce

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,055

Damn Canadian! The nerve!

Canadians, go back to... um... umm... Canadia! :lol:

Come on man. You do know this is an international forum, right? And that the election of the president of the (perceived to be anyway) most powerful country on earth affects pretty much everyone and is a concern to pretty much everyone, right?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

I must be a dunce
    You said it...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

I must be a dunce
    You said it...
    I know for sure that you wouldn't call me a dunce. You're too nice of a person to do that

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Also any support of the other parties is taboo and will get you labelled as a racist con and will end all further discussion you wish to have.
    I think you are being a little melodramatic. There are lots of good conversations in AMT. I argue with liberals and conservatives alike. Trump is just a unique character. It's really hard for a moderate (like me) to think he isn't dog whistling racial tensions.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

I must be a dunce
    You said it...
    I know for sure that you wouldn't call me a dunce. You're too nice of a person to do that
    Well, I am Canadian. =)

Look, I think people are just reacting to the fact that you seem to be refusing to have a discussion about much of anything other than the style of our replies. You are apparently a Trump supporter.... so why aren't you trying to defend or at least justify your support? The rest of us do when we're talking about the politicians we support. That's what these political threads are all about.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

I think you are being a little melodramatic. There are lots of good conversations in AMT. I argue with liberals and conservatives alike. Trump is just a unique character. It's really hard for a moderate (like me) to think he isn't dog whistling racial tensions.
    Try and discuss any support for the Canadian Conservatives and see what happens.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

I must be a dunce
    You said it...
    Well, I am Canadian. =)

Look, I think people are just reacting to the fact that you seem to be refusing to have a discussion about much of anything other than the style of our replies. You are apparently a Trump supporter.... so why aren't you trying to defend or at least justify your support? The rest of us do when we're talking about the politicians we support. That's what these political threads are all about.
    I have defended and justified my support in this thread multiple times. How else do you think that PJfanwillneverleave1 and I have gotten bombarded with further questions and cheap insults?

• Options
    I havent noticed that. Both of seem to more just be here to stir the pot.
    Well if that is how you feel why do you keep coming back? I know i don't spend my time on forums packed with right wingers. I'm not saying you shouldn't be here. Just wondering why you'd want to be.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I havent noticed that. Both of seem to more just be here to stir the pot.
    Well if that is how you feel why do you keep coming back? I know i don't spend my time on forums packed with right wingers. I'm not saying you shouldn't be here. Just wondering why you'd want to be.

Pearl34Jam Hold, Hold.
  • Options
    What's that supposed to mean?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

A person with relatively few posts like pj34 might read your above as insulting and may say some things in defense that he shouldn't and will land him in the banished realm.

So I said hold, don't respond.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

PJ_Soul said:

A person with relatively few posts like pj34 might read your above as insulting and may say some things in defense that he shouldn't and will land him in the banished realm.

Huh? I didn't say anything insulting there (besides the stir the pot thing - pretty mild comment), and I have no clue what you mean with the banished reclaim comment. I never even thought about banking or anything like that. I think you must be misinterpreting something.
    Also, Braveheart said hold not to keep quiet. It was to hold back until the perfect moment to kill, so you'll understand that I was confused by the reference.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

:smiley: