Options

2016 Pearl Jam Lookwright 7 & 12 Inch Vinyl Record Crates

Comments

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere...
    so I'll share what I am using to organize my singles here!!
    If you're looking for an inexpensive item to store your 7" vinyl records,
    the 2013 bootleg box works PERFECT!!!

I don't have a lot of singles...
    there are around 25 in this box and it's about half full.

You can still buy the empty boxes on the nugs website:
    http://www.livedownloads.com/searchRes.aspx?searchStr=2013+lightning+bolt+box&x=0&y=0
    It's only $30 plus shipping :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,435

I don't collect vinyl. And other than 2 posters, 4 t-shirts and CDs/10C singles, I don't have any other PJ merch. IMHO, I think the wood crates look nice. And I like that they are made locally by real people and that the material is wood, (as opposed to some mass manufactured plastic stuff, imported from overseas).
    If you want to support small local business and have quality materials, you've gotta pay a bit more. Just my 2 cents. :)

I'm betting the fans in China are furious these aren't locally sourced.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    PJ_Soul said:

When I read the march mail newsletter, I thought to myself "well, cool, I'll gladly spend about 20$ for the 7" one so I can store the holiday singles all together.. clicked on the link, saw the price, said "Porca troia, col cazzo!" (translation: "Holy fuckin shit, no way!") Then I had dinner.
    That's all I have to say about this, except I still remember when PJ was more about the music than this ridiculous stuff.

Yeah, it would be really nice to have an affordable 7" PJ vinyl storage solution. I understand that 10C wants to use high quality materials and stuff made in the US and handcrafted and all that, but this is over the top, and IMO shows a bit of a lack of understanding of and empathy for the fans. They seem to be choosing items that Eddie Vedder and his famous friends might buy, because he's stinking rich and can afford high end everything, including tiny hand-painted camping mugs and $100 wooden boxes, rather than choosing what their normal, mostly middle class fan base would buy. Surely there is a middle ground, where it's not crap from China, but also not completely out of 90% of the fans' price range. I mean, sure there are some people who are fanatical enough to throw too much money at any item with a PJ logo on it... but is offering a lot of high end, very expensive band merch to a very loyal fan base the right thing to do? I would say no.
    Of course it is our right not to buy it, and many of us won't.... But the lack of normal, affordable options for the best merch ideas, like vinyl crates and coffee mugs, just doesn't quite seem fair. The affordable stuff is always garbage, and the nice stuff is way too pricey.

I'm saying this as someone who has no interest at all in vinyl crates btw, no matter what they cost. I'm just talking about the general principle of it.
    I think if you are intent on listening to things on vinyl you are already paying a premium to buy it on vinyl, so spending $100 on a crate isn't unrealistic. If someone is on a budget they should be buying the $9.99 mp3 or listening to Spotify instead of buy a $20 record.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

When I read the march mail newsletter, I thought to myself "well, cool, I'll gladly spend about 20$ for the 7" one so I can store the holiday singles all together.. clicked on the link, saw the price, said "Porca troia, col cazzo!" (translation: "Holy fuckin shit, no way!") Then I had dinner.
    That's all I have to say about this, except I still remember when PJ was more about the music than this ridiculous stuff.

Porca troia, col cazzo!
    :rofl:

hahahaha nice one Jammalambo....

replacement for the forbidden word HM?

porca troia col cazzo!!!!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Nami said:

Porca troia, col cazzo!

Nami, did you ever get a HM button?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,177
    BS44325 said:

The fans on here never cease to amaze me. Here we have a collective of people who almost universally support a living and/or minimum wage and demand for things to made locally. Yet when it comes to payment time to support "6 local businesses and it's employees" most of you scream bloody murder. These boxes are craftsmanship and take a small team to produce. If you want things made in america and a living wage for those who produce these things then recognize/accept what it costs. This is someone's livelihood.

I think there's a lot of wiggle room between a crappy $10 box made in China and a $100 box made in the USA.
  • Options
    There were three merch lines setup at Wrigley in 2013 and all three lines were 4 hours long all day for three days straight.

I don't think the club needs to be concerned about selling a $100 crate and bankrupting their fans. If you are buying vinyl you are already spending more money then you need to.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, it would be really nice to have an affordable 7" PJ vinyl storage solution. I understand that 10C wants to use high quality materials and stuff made in the US and handcrafted and all that, but this is over the top, and IMO shows a bit of a lack of understanding of and empathy for the fans. They seem to be choosing items that Eddie Vedder and his famous friends might buy, because he's stinking rich and can afford high end everything, including tiny hand-painted camping mugs and $100 wooden boxes, rather than choosing what their normal, mostly middle class fan base would buy. Surely there is a middle ground, where it's not crap from China, but also not completely out of 90% of the fans' price range. I mean, sure there are some people who are fanatical enough to throw too much money at any item with a PJ logo on it... but is offering a lot of high end, very expensive band merch to a very loyal fan base the right thing to do? I would say no.
    Of course it is our right not to buy it, and many of us won't.... But the lack of normal, affordable options for the best merch ideas, like vinyl crates and coffee mugs, just doesn't quite seem fair. The affordable stuff is always garbage, and the nice stuff is way too pricey.

I'm saying this as someone who has no interest at all in vinyl crates btw, no matter what they cost. I'm just talking about the general principle of it.
    I think if you are intent on listening to things on vinyl you are already paying a premium to buy it on vinyl, so spending $100 on a crate isn't unrealistic. If someone is on a budget they should be buying the $9.99 mp3 or listening to Spotify instead of buy a $20 record.
    On the contrary, because i spend every extra cent i have on a more expensive format, i have less money than those who buy mp3s do (i do also pay for Spotify though).
    (But besides that, just because people have records it doesn't mean they have money. You can get used records for really cheap, or you might have owned them for many years, or we might buy way fewer albums than than those who go digital).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Definitely agree about the older vinyls. But the new vinyls are all double what a CD would cost.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    on2legs said:

I don't collect vinyl. And other than 2 posters, 4 t-shirts and CDs/10C singles, I don't have any other PJ merch. IMHO, I think the wood crates look nice. And I like that they are made locally by real people and that the material is wood, (as opposed to some mass manufactured plastic stuff, imported from overseas).
    If you want to support small local business and have quality materials, you've gotta pay a bit more. Just my 2 cents. :)

I'm betting the fans in China are furious these aren't locally sourced.
    =)
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

There were three merch lines setup at Wrigley in 2013 and all three lines were 4 hours long all day for three days straight.

I don't think the club needs to be concerned about selling a $100 crate and bankrupting their fans. If you are buying vinyl you are already spending more money then you need to.

I take it that you are not a vinyl purchaser. I do purchase vinyl. I'm sorry that you feel that way.
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

On the contrary, because i spend every extra cent i have on a more expensive format, i have less money than those who buy mp3s do (i do also pay for Spotify though).
    (But besides that, just because people have records it doesn't mean they have money. You can get used records for really cheap, or you might have owned them for many years, or we might buy way fewer albums than than those who go digital).
    We purchase a bit of vinyl resale. I've purchased most of my vinyl at the shows directly from the band. I don't think that $15 or $20 for a single/double album set is expensive at all.

Definitely agree about the older vinyls. But the new vinyls are all double what a CD would cost.

Disagree. I don't find this statement to be true at all. I find the difference to be $5 and above. Sure, some can be a fair amount more. I think that my husband may have paid $40 for Songbook for me for my birthday. You know what? Worth every cent and it was a gift.

If vinyl isn't your thing, that is certainly cool. I happen to love it as well as many, many others here do.

If I did have the extra funds, I would buy a crate in a heartbeat. I work in a gallery. I appreciate handcrafted items made of quality materials. I get it.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    deadendp said:

I take it that you are not a vinyl purchaser. I do purchase vinyl. I'm sorry that you feel that way.
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

We purchase a bit of vinyl resale. I've purchased most of my vinyl at the shows directly from the band. I don't think that $15 or $20 for a single/double album set is expensive at all.

Disagree. I don't find this statement to be true at all. I find the difference to be $5 and above. Sure, some can be a fair amount more. I think that my husband may have paid $40 for Songbook for me for my birthday. You know what? Worth every cent and it was a gift.

If vinyl isn't your thing, that is certainly cool. I happen to love it as well as many, many others here do.

If I did have the extra funds, I would buy a crate in a heartbeat. I work in a gallery. I appreciate handcrafted items made of quality materials. I get it.
    Beautiful post

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    The folks on here never cease to amaze me. It's $100, big deal. Maybe that's a more significant amount to some people than it is to others, but let's not forget we're talking about A FUCKING HOBBY here. It's not like Ed bought the rights to a life saving AIDS drug and jacked the price up 5000%! A little perspective around here from time to time wouldn't hurt.

It's a fucking wood box. Buy it or don't.
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    KC2917 said:

The folks on here never cease to amaze me. It's $100, big deal. Maybe that's a more significant amount to some people than it is to others, but let's not forget we're talking about A FUCKING HOBBY here. It's not like Ed bought the rights to a life saving AIDS drug and jacked the price up 5000%! A little perspective around here from time to time wouldn't hurt.

Exactly. It's a 100 dollars not a million.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    KC2917 said:

Thank you. :plus_one:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    I like the idea but I'll be passing on this. With summer tour coming up and RSD.....I'll save my $180+ to buy more records!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    dlymnfld said:

KC2917 said:

(For a box)
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    SD48277 said:

Nami said:

Porca troia, col cazzo!

nope but damn that would be funny...hahaha
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422
    Sweet, can put my copies of No Code, Yield, Binaural, Live on Two Legs, Riot Act, Lost Dogs, and Pearl Jam in it that I dont have!
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Nami said:

SD48277 said:

Nami said:

Porca troia, col cazzo!

nope but damn that would be funny...hahaha
    PM me your address.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Typical liberal fan base. Let's support the small mom and pop shop, let's support the average worker, etc..... Then it comes time to pay the premium and they go to Amazon or Wal-Mart like everyone else.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    edited March 2016
    Zod said:

BS44325 said:

The fans on here never cease to amaze me. Here we have a collective of people who almost universally support a living and/or minimum wage and demand for things to made locally. Yet when it comes to payment time to support "6 local businesses and it's employees" most of you scream bloody murder. These boxes are craftsmanship and take a small team to produce. If you want things made in america and a living wage for those who produce these things then recognize/accept what it costs. This is someone's livelihood.

I think there's a lot of wiggle room between a crappy $10 box made in China and a $100 box made in the USA.
    I am pretty sure most of us completed the 10C survey that was sent out a few months back. I would be very curious to see the results. There were specific questions such as "would you be willing to spend a higher price on a higher quality, locally sourced product?". My bet is many in the fan base said yes.
  • Options
    Fwiw- there are less than 20 Lookwright 12" crates left in stock.
    slh
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141

Fwiw- there are less than 20 Lookwright 12" crates left in stock.
    slh

Will any more be available? Or is this it?

Just thinking I'd like to have a few of these for my pj collection but can't spend the cash for a few weeks....
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options

Typical liberal fan base. Let's support the small mom and pop shop, let's support the average worker, etc..... Then it comes time to pay the premium and they go to Amazon or Wal-Mart like everyone else.

The mom and pop shop locally made is going to last for years....I'd pay a premium to keep local business going any day!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    edited March 2016
    it amazes me that people will complain about the prices of a handmade wooden crate but will pay unreal prices for a damn sticker.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,952
    BS44325 said:

Zod said:

BS44325 said:

I am pretty sure most of us completed the 10C survey that was sent out a few months back. I would be very curious to see the results. There were specific questions such as "would you be willing to spend a higher price on a higher quality, locally sourced product?". My bet is many in the fan base said yes.

I'm sure responders only had visions of RTI pressed reissues dancing in their head when they answered.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

it amazes me that people will complain about the prices of a handmade wooden crate but will pay unreal prices for a damn sticker.

I think people bitch just to hear themselves bitch.....if you don't wanna pay the price asked then don't.....do people go to stores and bitch about merch there being too high?
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402

I don't think political views have anything to do with that type of mentality. I know people with very far right views who complain that nothing is made in America and that other countries are taking away everyone's jobs, but shop exclusively at Wal-Mart because it's an "all-American" kind of place.

You can't win.
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871

dlymnfld said:

KC2917 said:

(For a box)
    Yep. For a box. And using that same logic, buying a poster is spending $25 on a thick sheet of paper.