Options

2016 Pearl Jam Lookwright 7 & 12 Inch Vinyl Record Crates

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,953
    juddboz80 said:

Fwiw- there are less than 20 Lookwright 12" crates left in stock.
    slh

Will any more be available? Or is this it?

Just thinking I'd like to have a few of these for my pj collection but can't spend the cash for a few weeks....
    With "2016" in the item title, I'm guessing they may do another one next year (different logo?).

• Options
    ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    edited March 2016
    Pearl Jam 2016 : It's all about the money now.
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    KC2917 said:

dlymnfld said:

KC2917 said:

The folks on here never cease to amaze me. It's $100, big deal. Maybe that's a more significant amount to some people than it is to others, but let's not forget we're talking about A FUCKING HOBBY here. It's not like Ed bought the rights to a life saving AIDS drug and jacked the price up 5000%! A little perspective around here from time to time wouldn't hurt.

It's a fucking wood box. Buy it or don't.

Exactly. It's a 100 dollars not a million.
    (For a box)
    Yep. For a box. And using that same logic, buying a poster is spending $25 on a thick sheet of paper.
    $35 :)
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    KC2917 said:

dlymnfld said:

KC2917 said:

The folks on here never cease to amaze me. It's $100, big deal. Maybe that's a more significant amount to some people than it is to others, but let's not forget we're talking about A FUCKING HOBBY here. It's not like Ed bought the rights to a life saving AIDS drug and jacked the price up 5000%! A little perspective around here from time to time wouldn't hurt.

(For a box)
    Yep. For a box. And using that same logic, buying a poster is spending $25 on a thick sheet of paper.
    Clearly, you are not an artist and have no idea the work and time involved. :angry:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    edited March 2016
    KC2917 said:

dlymnfld said:

KC2917 said:

(For a box)
    That you were at the show of, have memories to last a lifetime from, and a neat memento to remind you of said memory. So, no, not really.

But it's really to each his own on this one, I didn't buy it but others have. Seems like the overwhelming majority of posts so far have laughed at the oddity that this $100 box is, when there's no pj vinyl to even put it in it. There's thread after thread about pj vinyl reissues being requested and vault requests and so on and so forth, and they create a box.
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871

KC2917 said:

dlymnfld said:

KC2917 said:

(For a box)
    That you were at the show of, have memories to last a lifetime from, and a neat memento to remind you of said memory. So, no, not really.
    I think my point is being missed here.
  • Options

Fwiw- there are less than 20 Lookwright 12" crates left in stock.
    slh

:plus_one:
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    mcgruff10 said:

it amazes me that people will complain about the prices of a handmade wooden crate but will pay unreal prices for a damn sticker.

Word.
    ...add to that list hats, posters, pins, vinyl, etc.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and there's gonna be a lotta folks wishin' they were beholding one of these crates once they sell out.

I think the crates are fantastic looking and, whether or not I can afford them, appreciate 10C offering high quality, locally made materials (which the majority of questionnaire responders, and many folks bitching on this thread, most likely voted for having more of)
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    12" Crates ---> SOLD OUT
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    jjflash said:

12" Crates ---> SOLD OUT

:plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    They'll sell out and you'll see people offering double/triple the 10C price for them.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    edited March 2016
    jjflash said:

12" Crates ---> SOLD OUT

And we have found the answer to the question in this thread. Were they priced too much? No. Based on the quick sellout, they could have priced them higher.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,953

KC2917 said:

dlymnfld said:

KC2917 said:

(For a box)
    But it's really to each his own on this one, I didn't buy it but others have. Seems like the overwhelming majority of posts so far have laughed at the oddity that this $100 box is, when there's no pj vinyl to even put it in it. There's thread after thread about pj vinyl reissues being requested and vault requests and so on and so forth, and they create a box.
    Its not like the 10c is willfully ignoring the desire for vinyl. The band has an idea how they ant to do reissues, like deciding where they tour, what songs they play, how long they play, when they record and when they release albums, they have an idea on how to reissue music. At this point, everyone in the organization knows people want reissues.

in the meantime, the 10c and the band try to come up with other things fans would want. Sure many things are not for everyone. But Ultimately, most things sells well and sell out, so they are ultimately right, there is demand for stuff (even dog collars).

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    jjflash said:

12" Crates ---> SOLD OUT

Can't wait to see those on ebay for $250. About 150% markup, isn't that the normal markup flippers try to get?
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Couldn't find a use for the 12" crate
    My shelves are fine.Way too many records for a 12" crate.
    Bought the 7" crate for my xmas single set.Pricey but fuck it.Thats what gift cards are for:)
    So now the rest of my singles can go in my jack white and vault single boxes.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    RobbyD462 said:

Couldn't find a use for the 12" crate
    My shelves are fine.Way too many records for a 12" crate.
    Bought the 7" crate for my xmas single set.Pricey but fuck it.Thats what gift cards are for:)
    So now the rest of my singles can go in my jack white and vault single boxes.

I also have too many records to use the 12" crate but I did buy the 7" crate......it will be a great home for all my singles and look good on the shelf.

Shipping to CA was only $11.99...I added the 2015 Porto Alegre 11/11 Poster because it was done by an artist local to me, it only added $1 to the shipping so I was pretty happy about that. :)
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917

Clearly, you are not an artist and have no idea the work and time involved. :angry:

Are you talking about a poster or the "box"? Because one can argue that both took a great deal of work and time.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    Actually the poster. I'm a printmaker by degree.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Crates were very sweat looking. There's a little regret not pulling the trigger but I have enough storage space for another few months.

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Maybe offer a vinyl storage bag...then we could ask ourselves -

Do I want the box or the bag

I'm here all week folks...
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    SD48277 said:

Nami said:

SD48277 said:

Nami said:

When I read the march mail newsletter, I thought to myself "well, cool, I'll gladly spend about 20$ for the 7" one so I can store the holiday singles all together.. clicked on the link, saw the price, said "Porca troia, col cazzo!" (translation: "Holy fuckin shit, no way!") Then I had dinner.
    That's all I have to say about this, except I still remember when PJ was more about the music than this ridiculous stuff.

Porca troia, col cazzo!
    :rofl:

hahahaha nice one Jammalambo....

replacement for the forbidden word HM?

porca troia col cazzo!!!!
    Nami, did you ever get a HM button?
    nope but damn that would be funny...hahaha
    PM me your address.
    I see. So Nami gets a HM button?

:angry:

https://youtu.be/-EEPvXlTUnU
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Maybe offer a vinyl storage bag...then we could ask ourselves -

Do I want the box or the bag

I'm here all week folks...

We know....

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Uh, whoa! I just checked my 10c newsletter and saw these. That's some good wood right there! Hope anyone who buys one enjoys em'!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    anyone buy the 12" crate and don't really need it? not sure how i missed this... help!
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    how does a presale sell out? LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

how does a presale sell out? LOL

They didn't necessarily say they were made to order (i.e. Vault records, months ahead of time and on sale till a set date). They probably had a certain number commissioned and they've been sold... at $100 each. That's insane.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    dankind said:

SD48277 said:

Nami said:

SD48277 said:

Nami said:

When I read the march mail newsletter, I thought to myself "well, cool, I'll gladly spend about 20$ for the 7" one so I can store the holiday singles all together.. clicked on the link, saw the price, said "Porca troia, col cazzo!" (translation: "Holy fuckin shit, no way!") Then I had dinner.
    That's all I have to say about this, except I still remember when PJ was more about the music than this ridiculous stuff.

Porca troia, col cazzo!

PM me your address.

Son of a b.... I thought you had one already. You'll get one.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    edited March 2016
    dankind said:

SD48277 said:

Nami said:

SD48277 said:

Nami said:

Porca troia, col cazzo!

PM me your address.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLfmEZYdtrY

hehe...
    Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,178
    ryph raph said:

Pearl Jam 2016 : It's all about the money now.

Maybe? A lot of this stuff the 10c puts out seems to have really small runs (limited edition vinyl, vinyl boxes, mugs etc...). I can't imagine it really brings in that much money. The band members probably make more on a single night of touring than they do from all the revenue gained from a handful of limited edition merch every year? It's probably small potatoes to them? Maybe the 10c benefits from doing it more than the band does?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    doubtful they'll be getting much if any real profit out of this, based on the manufacturer's price being about the same. It seems they are just trying to put something out there that some fans are willing to buy. it said in the email I believe "for the discerning fan" or something to that effect, basically saying "this ain't for everybody".
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com