Options

2016 Republican Presidential Candidates.

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,756
In all fairness, we really should have this thread since we already have a "2016 Democratic Presidential Candidates" thread. And besides, we should do it while we can for who knows how long before the GOP goes, kapooey, LOL!

So my first question is, how can they do it? How can they back this guy when it's "really, really, really clear they don’t want to"? Honestly, it's beyond me as to how they can do this.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/gop-candidates-pledge-to-vote-for-the-man-they-051713182.html
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    Absolutely Brian. I've gone to comment a few times and had to figure out where best to do so.

These debates...oh these debates.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    JimmyV said:

Absolutely Brian. I've gone to comment a few times and had to figure out where best to do so.

It's my opinion that the GOP has realized that its to late for them to not back Trump if he's clearly the winner it would be a total riots in the streets if they take it away from him , i say if his getting the most support he should be their candidate that goes up against Hillary or Bernie they've made their bed let them sleep in it and lets see where we end up ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

JimmyV said:

It's my opinion that the GOP has realized that its to late for them to not back Trump if he's clearly the winner it would be a total riots in the streets if they take it away from him , i say if his getting the most support he should be their candidate that goes up against Hillary or Bernie they've made their bed let them sleep in it and lets see where we end up ....
    Gotta agree. I don't see how they get out of it now. The idea that they can go to the convention and just nominate someone else would lead to chaos in their ranks. Every Trump voter would revolt. Not just in 2016 but for years to come.

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    brianlux said:

In all fairness, we really should have this thread since we already have a "2016 Democratic Presidential Candidates" thread. And besides, we should do it while we can for who knows how long before the GOP goes, kapooey, LOL!

So my first question is, how can they do it? How can they back this guy when it's "really, really, really clear they don’t want to"? Honestly, it's beyond me as to how they can do this.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/gop-candidates-pledge-to-vote-for-the-man-they-051713182.html

I just assumed we were all in agreement that since there is no real meaningful difference between the the two just use the other thread for both....no?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JC29856 said:

brianlux said:

I just assumed we were all in agreement that since there is no real meaningful difference between the the two just use the other thread for both....no?
    Are you saying there is no difference between the parties? That would be so wrong it's crazy.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,756
    rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

brianlux said:

Are you saying there is no difference between the parties? That would be so wrong it's crazy.
    That's just it- there is a difference. One of them is crazy... or at least acting like it lately.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

brianlux said:

What's the criteria for determining differences? Party platforms? Party Leader beliefs? Consensus?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

brianlux said:

What's the criteria for determining differences? Party platforms? Party Leader beliefs? Consensus?
    Voting records, bills introduced, initiatives, personalities, etc.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited March 2016
    i remember when all not that long ago little marco was not little marco but rather rand paul was as follows: "& he's vicious & he's a vicious little guy". that shit cracks me up big time. like rand paul is a little pug or chihuahua with a bad attitude or some shit

https://youtu.be/-2Pp67-ngas
    rand & marco, yes/no?

little marco fits rubio as well

Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    every asshole on fox news is appalled by the trump hands nonsense. these women are coming across like they are above saying or seeing a grown man's penis. unreal is also mitt romney & his wife saying how low gutter donald is or whatever it was. im like god damn, little marco is the one who started it anyhow.

so mitt's wife can not take it that there is conversation on the presidential debate stage about hand/penis size & proclaims this to be disgusting talk or whatever it is & that she & mitt are offended or some shit.

get a fucking life
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    those gals on fox news appalled by rubio's comment to trump about hand & schlong size, are at this very moment fondling some guy's rocket for him real quick

i aint even lyin

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Hard for me to believe that they're candidates bickering over who has a bigger schlong. What a bunch of peckerheads, the rest of the world has to laughing at us......those American politicians sure are entertaining but what are they actually doing for the people instead promoting themselves.

They truly are a decoy of perception and they play well.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

Hard for me to believe that they're candidates bickering over who has a bigger schlong. What a bunch of peckerheads, the rest of the world has to laughing at us......those American politicians sure are entertaining but what are they actually doing for the people instead promoting themselves.

They truly are a decoy of perception and they play well.

Peace

The rest of the world are just laughing harder at us. They've been laughing at us for years soon the laughter will turn to pity.
    I read somewhere that we are the most miserable nation on the planet.
  • Options
    Hard to watch these debates and fault anyone for laughing. Seems like a natural response. Also screaming, swearing, tearing one's hair out, drinking heavily...all acceptable.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555
    JimmyV said:

Hard to watch these debates and fault anyone for laughing. Seems like a natural response. Also screaming, swearing, tearing one's hair out, drinking heavily...all acceptable.

I've never watched myself but that sounds like and episode of Mob Wives or one of the Real Housewives shows
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    JimmyV said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxnxH-7Xk7U
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    These election night Trump press conferences are surreal. So, you know, par for the 2016 Republican course.

• Options
    Mitt Rmoney criticism of Teflon Don meant nothing...Next
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    JimmyV said:

These election night Trump press conferences are surreal. So, you know, par for the 2016 Republican course.

He repeats the same bs over and over again. No substance, he just rambles on. It is batshit crazy.
  • Options
    Aren't there thresholds that Rubio isn't meeting to remain viable.
    If he stays in after tonight hes just wasting time and money. I don't think he would agree to be GOP attack dog.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    After watching that news conference I'm reminded of this.

Donald Trump answers the question: What is 2+2? (Credit: Steven Edwards)
    "I have to say a lot of people have been asking this question. No, really. A lot of people come up to me and they ask me. They say, 'What's 2+2'? And I tell them look, we know what 2+2 is. We've had almost eight years of the worst kind of math you can imagine. Oh my God, I can't believe it. Addition and subtraction of the 1s the 2s and the 3s. It's terrible. It's just terrible. Look, if you want to know what 2+2 is, do you want to know what 2+2 is? I'll tell you. First of all the number 2, by the way, I love the number 2. It's probably my favorite number, no it is my favorite number. You know what, it's probably more like the number two but with a lot of zeros behind it. A lot. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest. I like a lot of zeros. Except for Marco Rubio, now he's a zero that I don't like. Though, I probably shouldn't say that. He's a nice guy but he's like, '10101000101,' on and on, like that. He's like a computer! You know what I mean? He's like a computer. I don't know. I mean, you know. So, we have all these numbers, and we can add them and subtract them and add them. TIMES them even. Did you know that? We can times them OR divide them, they don't tell you that, and I'll tell you, no one is better at the order of operations than me. You wouldn't believe it. So, we're gonna be the best on 2+2, believe me."
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Hahahahahahahaha
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

If he stays in after tonight hes just wasting time and money. I don't think he would agree to be GOP attack dog.

Hoping all stay in race so Cruz doesn't win. Okay with Trump getting most delegates. Then dem wins presidency.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Mitt Rmoney criticism of Teflon Don meant nothing...Next

Dons base doesn't like what Romney represents. Helping don.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    dignin said:

JimmyV said:

He repeats the same bs over and over again. No substance, he just rambles on. It is batshit crazy.
    I don't know about you guys, but I ordered a couple dozen Trump strip steaks last night.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited March 2016
    dignin said:

After watching that news conference I'm reminded of this.

Donald Trump answers the question: What is 2+2? (Credit: Steven Edwards)
    "I have to say a lot of people have been asking this question. No, really. A lot of people come up to me and they ask me. They say, 'What's 2+2'? And I tell them look, we know what 2+2 is. We've had almost eight years of the worst kind of math you can imagine. Oh my God, I can't believe it. Addition and subtraction of the 1s the 2s and the 3s. It's terrible. It's just terrible. Look, if you want to know what 2+2 is, do you want to know what 2+2 is? I'll tell you. First of all the number 2, by the way, I love the number 2. It's probably my favorite number, no it is my favorite number. You know what, it's probably more like the number two but with a lot of zeros behind it. A lot. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest. I like a lot of zeros. Except for Marco Rubio, now he's a zero that I don't like. Though, I probably shouldn't say that. He's a nice guy but he's like, '10101000101,' on and on, like that. He's like a computer! You know what I mean? He's like a computer. I don't know. I mean, you know. So, we have all these numbers, and we can add them and subtract them and add them. TIMES them even. Did you know that? We can times them OR divide them, they don't tell you that, and I'll tell you, no one is better at the order of operations than me. You wouldn't believe it. So, we're gonna be the best on 2+2, believe me."

It's so sad that I have absolutely no idea if this is a real Trump quote or not, but it wouldn't at all surprise me if it is. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Kasich and libertarian Johnson are the only ones who, if elected, I don't threaten to leave for Canada. I wouldn't even threaten to leave because of McCain or Romney but this is a new low.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    callen said:

JC29856 said:

Hoping all stay in race so Cruz doesn't win. Okay with Trump getting most delegates. Then dem wins presidency.
    Yeah, Trumps gonna turn off a lot that they'll vote libertarian Johnson instead.
  • Options
    Last night I drank on a work night for the first time in I don't know how long. Donald Trump literally drove me to drink.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited March 2016
    callen said:

JC29856 said:

Don't count out a reality TV host. The dems don't appear to be very united based on last night. A Bernie loss is going to lose some millennial interest in the election.

Once he wins the nomination, he could very well change character and you know how long people's attentions spans are. November is a long ways away.
    Post edited by Jason P on