Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    Trump called it once again. He tweeted this out before it was "confirmed" by the press.
    Was there any doubt who it was?
    Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,475

Trump called it once again. He tweeted this out before it was "confirmed" by the press.
    Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!

Fuck him his the last person this country needs to hear from in time of such tragedy fuck you Trump !!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996

Fuck him his the last person this country needs to hear from in time of such tragedy fuck you Trump !!!
    What Jose said. "Appreciate the congrats." There are 50 dead people - what an asshat.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,664

I'm not saying I agree with Trump but the country needs people like him. People didn't take Churchill seriously when he was screaming about Germany gearing up for war and Chamberlain and the rest of the government ignored him and we saw what happened. Not saying Trump is right here but it is important that we allow people to say what is unpopular to the masses.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

I'm not saying I agree with Trump but the country needs people like him. People didn't take Churchill seriously when he was screaming about Germany gearing up for war and Chamberlain and the rest of the government ignored him and we saw what happened. Not saying Trump is right here but it is important that we allow people to say what is unpopular to the masses.
    Like there are millions of Americans that hate gays. Deny service. Deny rights. Good ole white Christians.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2016
    Enkidu said:

What Jose said. "Appreciate the congrats." There are 50 dead people - what an asshat.
    When will people ever wake up. http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/politics/orlando-shooting-obama-political-reaction/
    Trump is being proved right with every incident like this happening. You guys live for the mourning it seems.
    Is President Obama going to finally mention the words radical Islamic terrorism? If he doesn't he should immediately resign in disgrace!
    Reporting that Orlando killer shouted "Allah hu Akbar!" as he slaughtered clubgoers. 2nd man arrested in LA with rifles near Gay parade,"

Every tragedy people want to drop politics while we let people mourn, well guess what, those [deleted] are planning the next place to hit. It is on your soil now and Trump is right about a temporary ban on people of the islamic faith entering the country to figure this shit out.
    How many more suicide bombers will it take before you admit that these radical islamists need to be exterminated. You guys are the ones they are after, each and every single [comment removed by Admin]
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    callen said:

Like there are millions of Americans that hate gays. Deny service. Deny rights. Good ole white Christians.
    I was referring to the tweet about calling out radical islam and saying we need to fight it.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,840

Enkidu said:

When will people ever wake up. http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/politics/orlando-shooting-obama-political-reaction/
    Trump is being proved right with every incident like this happening. You guys live for the mourning it seems.
    Is President Obama going to finally mention the words radical Islamic terrorism? If he doesn't he should immediately resign in disgrace!
    Reporting that Orlando killer shouted "Allah hu Akbar!" as he slaughtered clubgoers. 2nd man arrested in LA with rifles near Gay parade,"

Every tragedy people want to drop politics while we let people mourn, well guess what, those aluha chocolate bar guys are planning the next place to hit. It is on your soil now and Trump is right about a temporary ban on people of the islamic faith entering the country to figure this shit out.
    How many more suicide bombers will it take before you admit that these radical islamists need to be exterminated. You guys are the ones they are after, each and every single non-aluha chocolate bar believer.
    Okay, so which political issue would have been more effective at eliminating or reducing this tragedy? We have two choices:

1. Stop Muslims from entering the country
    2. Ban assault weapons

Hmmmm. let me see... Considering this guy was an American citizen... I think that answer is pretty easy Mr Trump and his minions (in the states and Canada).
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Enkidu said:

Every tragedy people want to drop politics while we let people mourn, well guess what, those aluha chocolate bar guys are planning the next place to hit. It is on your soil now and Trump is right about a temporary ban on people of the islamic faith entering the country to figure this shit out.
    How many more suicide bombers will it take before you admit that these radical islamists need to be exterminated. You guys are the ones they are after, each and every single non-aluha chocolate bar believer.
    Okay, so which political issue would have been more effective at eliminating or reducing this tragedy? We have two choices:

2. Ban assault weapons

Hmmmm. let me see... Considering this guy was an American citizen... I think that answer is pretty easy Mr Trump and his minions (in the states and Canada).
    Better that only 4 or 5 people can be killed than 50 right?
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Enkidu said:

2. Ban assault weapons

Better that only 4 or 5 people can be killed than 50 right?
    Uh yeah, that is better. In terms of tragedy, that's a lesser one. I could show you the math if you'd like. In this instance, you'd prefer to ban a Muslim who is a citizen?
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I don't thinking banning Omar Mateen would have worked. Since he was an American citizen born in New York.

And what the hell does this mean? "Aluha chocolate bar guys?"
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,740

Who's stopping Trump from saying his ignorant, low level-intelligent stuff? I say let's hear more of what he has to say.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,740
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I guess I am just also intrigued by your lack of concern or even acknowledgement that Trump incites racism and is using it in his campaign. Your denial of something that seems so self-evident I suppose comes off as support, since that level denial usually accompanies blind support for something. So apologies for the misconception.

No worries. I just happen to disagree on "the incites racism" bit. He is aggressively confronting sacred cows (illegal immigration, radical Islam, etc..) which discomforts the progressive and the establishment class. I have been called a racist on these boards for discussing the same. It is simply a label that I find unacceptable and is used by others to try and shut down speech. There is plenty to attack Trump on, lots of which I would agree with, but the political correctness angle will lose me every time.
    So BS, what about race and discussions of race gets shut down? What do you want to talk about, but can't? What's the difference when someone says something racist vs. just "aggressively confronting" an issue?
    Well in politics/academia any discussion of illegal immigration always leads to accusations of racism. It is pretty much inevitable. What Trump is doing is aggressively confronting the sacred cows surrounding the issue. Mentioning crimes that are actually occurring is tough to hear but that in it of itself is not racism.
    It always leads to accusations of racism? How do you figure that?
  • Options
    Here is a statement right from the source https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j-trump-statement-regarding-tragic-terrorist-attacks

Highlights include,
    We need to protect all Americans, of all backgrounds and all beliefs, from Radical Islamic Terrorism - which has no place in an open and tolerant society. Radical Islam advocates hate for women, gays, Jews, Christians and all Americans. I am going to be a President for all Americans, and I am going to protect and defend all Americans. We are going to make America safe again and great again for everyone.

If we do not get tough and smart real fast, we are not going to have a country anymore. Because our leaders are weak, I said this was going to happen – and it is only going to get worse. I am trying to save lives and prevent the next terrorist attack. We can't afford to be politically correct anymore.

In his remarks today, President Obama disgracefully refused to even say the words 'Radical Islam'. For that reason alone, he should step down. If Hillary Clinton, after this attack, still cannot say the two words 'Radical Islam' she should get out of this race for the Presidency.
  • Options
    Wow. He set the terms of how to be qualified. Guess we need to fall in line. Can't believe he predicted an attack on US soil. I mean, what were the odds? Brilliant.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Enkidu said:

Fuck that bolded part of the comment. Rude.

Along with the ridiculous chocolate bar phrase you've dug up time and again - talk about disgraceful.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Says Osama Bin Trump.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I guess I am just also intrigued by your lack of concern or even acknowledgement that Trump incites racism and is using it in his campaign. Your denial of something that seems so self-evident I suppose comes off as support, since that level denial usually accompanies blind support for something. So apologies for the misconception.

No worries. I just happen to disagree on "the incites racism" bit. He is aggressively confronting sacred cows (illegal immigration, radical Islam, etc..) which discomforts the progressive and the establishment class. I have been called a racist on these boards for discussing the same. It is simply a label that I find unacceptable and is used by others to try and shut down speech. There is plenty to attack Trump on, lots of which I would agree with, but the political correctness angle will lose me every time.
    Lets have your definition of racism then. Curious to know.
    It's not about my definition...it's about the definition:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/racism

As you can see the concept of superiority/inferiority has a lot to do with it...no matter what Paul Ryan says.
    So, if one has to assume that some individuals in a particular race are good people, doesn't that mean that one is assuming the majority are not? Sounds like a belief in superiority to me... and everyone but you lol

I have posed this question to you a number of times and I can't recall you actually addressing it without deflection.
    I probably haven't answered it because you keep asking it in a way that is beyond understandable.
    Haha...mister I don't care what a known chicken hawk has to say. Clearly you care. Once Gambs posts an actual question I will be happy to answer. Then you can reply with your intelligent ad hominem.
    I asked a question that is obviously articulate enough for someone of your intelligence to answer. You are known to me as intelligent and honest, and I have backed you on that before, so please don't make me into a liar.
    I for real do not understand your question as you have just phrased it. Would you care to try again?
    I don't see how it is incomprehensible to you, can someone help me out here? The question makes perfect sense to me.

Maybe if I change it to a statement with which you can agree or disagree.

I assume that some politicians must be honest. Implicit in that statement is the fact that I assume that most politicians are not honest, otherwise there is no need for the words "some" and "must".
    Agree? Disagree?

In addition, my assumption that some politicians must be honest means that I have never met an honest politician, or that I have never met a politician at all, but that isn't relevant to Trump, who has surely met Mexican immigrants.
    Agree? Disagree?

Nope. This still doesn't help. I am not sure what I am agreeing or disagreeing with. I'm guessing that you would like us to infer racism from some strange interpretation of language but that just seems like politically correct nonsense to me.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Hell yes, Ken!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F8zCQ4YnZ8

My twin 2nd cousin just finished her first year there.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2016
    The thing I like about this speech is that even 4yrs ago Trump was on the minds of scholars.
    Go to 5:45-6:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lfxYhtf8o4

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Enkidu said:

2. Ban assault weapons

I think the Iranian Imam who preached death to gays at the Orlando Mosque should have been stopped from entering the country. Stopping that incitement might have actually helped. It is unfortunate that you are more concerned with Trump's theoretical incitement over the actual Radical Islamic teachings that led to these murders. If you don't confront these Islamic thought leaders then all the gun bans in the world will not save you. An assault weapons ban certainly didn't prevent the Paris attacks.
    Post edited by BS44325 on
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,303
    unlike Trump's wife and his previous wife this guy was actually born in the US. what a fucking hypocrite. stop importing you fucking wives Donald.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

unlike Trump's wife and his previous wife this guy was actually born in the US. what a fucking hypocrite. stop importing you fucking wives Donald.

Last I heard you guys don't want a wall between yourselves and the Czechs.
  • Options
    The thing I like about this speech is that even 4yrs ago Trump was on the minds of scholars.
    Go to 5:45-6:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lfxYhtf8o4
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Enkidu said:

2. Ban assault weapons

I think the Iranian Imam who preached death to gays at the Orlando Mosque should have been stopped from entering the country. Stopping that incitement might have actually helped. It is unfortunate that you are more concerned with Trump's theoretical incitement over the actual Radical Islamic teachings that led to these murders. If you don't confront these Islamic thought leaders then all the gun bans in the world will not save you. An assault weapons ban certainly didn't prevent the Paris attacks.
    You brought up Trumps tweet, not me.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Enkidu said:

2. Ban assault weapons

I don't believe I did.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Enkidu said:

2. Ban assault weapons

I don't believe I did.
    Perhaps it was PJ.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Keep up.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Enkidu said:

2. Ban assault weapons

I don't believe I did.
    Perhaps it was PJ.
    I think it was. That being said I hope you can agree with me that banning that Iranian Imam from entering the US would be acceptable?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Enkidu said:

2. Ban assault weapons

I don't believe I did.
    Perhaps it was PJ.
    I think it was. That being said I hope you can agree with me that banning that Iranian Imam from entering the US would be acceptable?
    I don't know the circumstances of him, when he entered, or what he said. But I'm going to judge from the gist of the comments that he was speaking death to gays or something. If we have that knowledge before he enters, then no, of course not. He should not be allowed in.

I would doubt that any of the liberals here (or most anywhere) believe that we should all anyone, Muslim or not, to gain residency without full investigation or background research. IMO, people who could be considered a 'risk' should have additional scrutiny based on risk factors. Young males, Irish hooligans, soccer fans, etc.
This discussion has been closed.