Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    edited June 2016
    lol at Trump suggesting Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger and Dana White give speeches on his behalf on at the RNC. Roethlisberger has already declined. And I'm sure Brady will too. But just the thought is hilarious.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

If Obama made racist comments about Iranians, and was being sued, and then tried to have an Iranian judge removed from the case in which he was being sued because he was worried that she wou)don't be impartial due to his racist comments, then I would definitely have a problem with this.

I know little about the case, but I am still under the impression that the Iranian judge actually did some things to show that she wasn't being impartial. If that is the case, there is no story. Either way, it's not comparable to what Trump is attempting.

Nope. Tis the same. Obama administration is claiming an Iranian judge can't make impartial decisions due to her heritage.

And not because Obama is racist towards Iranians and is trying to get her off of a case against him. 'Tis not the same at all.

Please provide some evidence that the justice department doesn't have any reason,based on her behaviour, to dismiss this judge from immigration cases. You haven't shown that the judge never gave them any reason. I am not denying it. I just want to know why you are saying that she never gave them any reason.
    On the contrary...where is your evidence that this judge had done anything wrong? It could be true but I have not seen that reported anywhere. This should be a claim that you have to prove before tarnishing the reputation of this judge.
    If Curiel is biased, why hasn't his counsel filed for recusal? There's a very simple answer: Lack of merit and attorney sanctions. Therefore Trump is trying to litigate the matter a personal matter as part of the campaign. What a fool.
    I completely agree with you on this. Where I part ways is on the charges of racism.
    So Paul Ryan thinks trumps statements were the textbook definition of racism, but thats not good enough for you?
    Nope
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,840
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

If Obama made racist comments about Iranians, and was being sued, and then tried to have an Iranian judge removed from the case in which he was being sued because he was worried that she wou)don't be impartial due to his racist comments, then I would definitely have a problem with this.

I know little about the case, but I am still under the impression that the Iranian judge actually did some things to show that she wasn't being impartial. If that is the case, there is no story. Either way, it's not comparable to what Trump is attempting.

Nope. Tis the same. Obama administration is claiming an Iranian judge can't make impartial decisions due to her heritage.

And not because Obama is racist towards Iranians and is trying to get her off of a case against him. 'Tis not the same at all.

Please provide some evidence that the justice department doesn't have any reason,based on her behaviour, to dismiss this judge from immigration cases. You haven't shown that the judge never gave them any reason. I am not denying it. I just want to know why you are saying that she never gave them any reason.
    On the contrary...where is your evidence that this judge had done anything wrong? It could be true but I have not seen that reported anywhere. This should be a claim that you have to prove before tarnishing the reputation of this judge.
    If Curiel is biased, why hasn't his counsel filed for recusal? There's a very simple answer: Lack of merit and attorney sanctions. Therefore Trump is trying to litigate the matter a personal matter as part of the campaign. What a fool.
    I completely agree with you on this. Where I part ways is on the charges of racism.
    So Paul Ryan thinks trumps statements were the textbook definition of racism, but thats not good enough for you?
    Nope
    Do you need an old fashioned lynching as evidence?'

Either way, it's a distraction from the main point. We all know Trump is a racist or... intentionally uses racial language. However, Trump U. is a wonderful example of how he is a con artist. Part of me thinks this is media manipulation from the true story. If those video depos are released, I'm guessing that's gonna hurt.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Nope

Either way, it's a distraction from the main point. We all know Trump is a racist or... intentionally uses racial language. However, Trump U. is a wonderful example of how he is a con artist. Part of me thinks this is media manipulation from the true story. If those video depos are released, I'm guessing that's gonna hurt.
    Ha...and there it is! "An old fashion lynching"! That is the exact idiocy I'm talking about. It really is so silly and demeans the whole history of people who were subjugated to actual racism in your country.

Now as far as Trump University is concerned you could be absolutely right. I have no idea which way that case will go but if you think it is disqualifying to Trump I wonder what your thoughts would be with repsect to Clinton University...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/youve-heard-of-trump-university-but-what-about-clinton-university/article/2593571

It looks like Hillary was giving grants to Laureate University, Bill was taking kickbacks, and all the while it was the students who were getting screwed!

Let's see you defend Crooked Hillary now!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    edited June 2016
    That is very damning; one must wonder why the Trump campaign isn't all over it.... I guess because bringing it up will just further highlight Trump's own ponzi scheme, eh?
    I wouod like to know if Hillary was even aware of the lack of investment in academic in this case. That they worked so hard to get Bill in there earning $16 million in 5 years is not surprising in the least. So BS.... how does this story make Hillary worse than Trump? Just curious to know what makes Trump more worthy of your admiration or whatever the fuck it is you're feeling about him. Better than Clinton for you, I'm gathering.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

That is very damning; one must wonder why the Trump campaign isn't all over it.... I guess because bringing it up will just further highlight Trump's own ponzi scheme, eh?

You could be right. The actions of the Trump campaign (if there even is one) never makes sense to me. That being said there could be a little rope-a-dope going on.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

You could be right. The actions of the Trump campaign (if there even is one) never makes sense to me. That being said there could be a little rope-a-dope going on.
    I added a question to my post... why choose Trump over Clinton, as you have appeared to do?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Nope

Ha...and there it is! "An old fashion lynching"! That is the exact idiocy I'm talking about. It really is so silly and demeans the whole history of people who were subjugated to actual racism in your country.

Now as far as Trump University is concerned you could be absolutely right. I have no idea which way that case will go but if you think it is disqualifying to Trump I wonder what your thoughts would be with repsect to Clinton University...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/youve-heard-of-trump-university-but-what-about-clinton-university/article/2593571

It looks like Hillary was giving grants to Laureate University, Bill was taking kickbacks, and all the while it was the students who were getting screwed!

Really? Walden University? You mean the fully accredited institution that was started in 1970? Or do you mean Laureate, which was started by the guy that started Sylvan Learning Center which is highly respected in the States. Laureate is exporting US style liberal education around the world. Are you against that? This is completely inline with what the Clinton Foundation does.

So let's point out the differences:

1. Only one of these is part of a class action law suit in the US
    2. Only one has the name of the presumptive nominee on the door
    3. Only one has the presumptive nominee on film in the deposition
    3. Only one had a 'playbook' that specifically described how to separate consumers from their money, by encouraging them to run up their credit cards "We don't take excuses and neither does Mr. Clinton Trump."

Edit - and I love this statement by the Examiner And like other Clinton scandals, it appears Laureate Education was above the law, skirting "gainful employment" regulations by having a large number of schools outside the U.S. with students that did not receive federal aid

The whole fucking point of the program is to export US education around the world. However, the Examiner decided their business model was enacted to skirt gainful employment regs. Are they also pissed that the students in Spain did not receive federal student aid?
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Nope

And this statement makes no sense. I'm just asking what YOU need to see in order to call something racism, since Trump's statements obviously don't meet your standard of excellence.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I added a question to my post... why choose Trump over Clinton, as you have appeared to do?
    I've stated before that I'm not a Trump supporter. That probably gets lost in the weeds with my dislike for the Clintons and my arguments against labeling Trump as a racist. Truthfully I do not like either but I haven't actually decided yet who would be worse.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I guess I am just also intrigued by your lack of concern or even acknowledgement that Trump incites racism and is using it in his campaign. Your denial of something that seems so self-evident I suppose comes off as support, since that level denial usually accompanies blind support for something. So apologies for the misconception.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I guess I am just also intrigued by your lack of concern or even acknowledgement that Trump incites racism and is using it in his campaign. Your denial of something that seems so self-evident I suppose comes off as support, since that level denial usually accompanies blind support for something. So apologies for the misconception.

No worries. I just happen to disagree on "the incites racism" bit. He is aggressively confronting sacred cows (illegal immigration, radical Islam, etc..) which discomforts the progressive and the establishment class. I have been called a racist on these boards for discussing the same. It is simply a label that I find unacceptable and is used by others to try and shut down speech. There is plenty to attack Trump on, lots of which I would agree with, but the political correctness angle will lose me every time.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

No worries. I just happen to disagree on "the incites racism" bit. He is aggressively confronting sacred cows (illegal immigration, radical Islam, etc..) which discomforts the progressive and the establishment class. I have been called a racist on these boards for discussing the same. It is simply a label that I find unacceptable and is used by others to try and shut down speech. There is plenty to attack Trump on, lots of which I would agree with, but the political correctness angle will lose me every time.
    Lets have your definition of racism then. Curious to know.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

It's not about my definition...it's about the definition:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/racism

As you can see the concept of superiority/inferiority has a lot to do with it...no matter what Paul Ryan says.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

As you can see the concept of superiority/inferiority has a lot to do with it...no matter what Paul Ryan says.
    So, if one has to assume that some individuals in a particular race are good people, doesn't that mean that one is assuming the majority are not? Sounds like a belief in superiority to me... and everyone but you lol

I have posed this question to you a number of times and I can't recall you actually addressing it without deflection.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

So, if one has to assume that some individuals in a particular race are good people, doesn't that mean that one is assuming the majority are not? Sounds like a belief in superiority to me... and everyone but you lol

I have posed this question to you a number of times and I can't recall you actually addressing it without deflection.
    I probably haven't answered it because you keep asking it in a way that is beyond understandable.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,305
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I probably haven't answered it because you keep asking it in a way that is beyond understandable.
  • Options
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Haha...mister I don't care what a known chicken hawk has to say. Clearly you care. Once Gambs posts an actual question I will be happy to answer. Then you can reply with your intelligent ad hominem.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Haha...mister I don't care what a known chicken hawk has to say. Clearly you care. Once Gambs posts an actual question I will be happy to answer. Then you can reply with your intelligent ad hominem.
    I asked a question that is obviously articulate enough for someone of your intelligence to answer. You are known to me as intelligent and honest, and I have backed you on that before, so please don't make me into a liar.
  • Options
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

:clap:
    :rofl:
    :rock_on:

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,305
    Is Donald Trump Racist? Here's What the Record Shows

http://fortune.com/2016/06/07/donald-trump-racism-quotes/
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I asked a question that is obviously articulate enough for someone of your intelligence to answer. You are known to me as intelligent and honest, and I have backed you on that before, so please don't make me into a liar.
    I for real do not understand your question as you have just phrased it. Would you care to try again?
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,740
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

So BS, what about race and discussions of race gets shut down? What do you want to talk about, but can't? What's the difference when someone says something racist vs. just "aggressively confronting" an issue?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I for real do not understand your question as you have just phrased it. Would you care to try again?
    I don't see how it is incomprehensible to you, can someone help me out here? The question makes perfect sense to me.

Maybe if I change it to a statement with which you can agree or disagree.

I assume that some politicians must be honest. Implicit in that statement is the fact that I assume that most politicians are not honest, otherwise there is no need for the words "some" and "must".
    Agree? Disagree?

In addition, my assumption that some politicians must be honest means that I have never met an honest politician, or that I have never met a politician at all, but that isn't relevant to Trump, who has surely met Mexican immigrants.
    Agree? Disagree?

• Options

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

So BS, what about race and discussions of race gets shut down? What do you want to talk about, but can't? What's the difference when someone says something racist vs. just "aggressively confronting" an issue?
    Well in politics/academia any discussion of illegal immigration always leads to accusations of racism. It is pretty much inevitable. What Trump is doing is aggressively confronting the sacred cows surrounding the issue. Mentioning crimes that are actually occurring is tough to hear but that in it of itself is not racism.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well in politics/academia any discussion of illegal immigration always leads to accusations of racism. It is pretty much inevitable. What Trump is doing is aggressively confronting the sacred cows surrounding the issue. Mentioning crimes that are actually occurring is tough to hear but that in it of itself is not racism.
    This all may be true, but not what we were discussing. Weren't you saying that his attacks on Curiel were not racist? Curiel is a native American citizen and a Federal judge. Further, his original state appointment was by a Republican Governor. However, Trump said he can't get a fair hearing because Curiel is Mexican (he isn't). Even though the case before Curiel has ZERO to do with immigration, Mexico, walls or anything of the like. Telling someone they cannot do their job because of their lineage is pretty much an excellent example of racism.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,782
    Here's a thought...take it or leave it. :)

Our illegal immigration problem involves many people of many races, not just a single ethnicity. The problem is our policy. So why doesn't that politician just talk about the issue instead of making nasty comments about a single race and wanting to build a wall to separate us from one of our allies? I'm disturbed by how that politician categorizes people by race instead of just seeing human beings as human beings. Example, Senator Warren and her ethnicity. Why bring that up at all? It's how he sees people...how he defines them. Racist? If it quacks like a duck....

I've said it before...when there's a hostile alien invasion, we'll all be in it together...humans vs ? :) Maybe they'll be peaceful aliens. Have a beautiful Sunday. all.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Bull Shit. Trumps campaign strategy is to pander to dumb racists.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,475
    Kat said:

Here's a thought...take it or leave it. :)

Our illegal immigration problem involves many people of many races, not just a single ethnicity. The problem is our policy. So why doesn't that politician just talk about the issue instead of making nasty comments about a single race and wanting to build a wall to separate us from one of our allies? I'm disturbed by how that politician categorizes people by race instead of just seeing human beings as human beings. Example, Senator Warren and her ethnicity. Why bring that up at all? It's how he sees people...how he defines them. Racist? If it quacks like a duck....

I've said it before...when there's a hostile alien invasion, we'll all be in it together...humans vs ? :) Maybe they'll be peaceful aliens. Have a beautiful Sunday. all.

Ditto , you too enjoy the day we never know when it will be our last on this planet !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.