Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    in case you missed these. We at least have some of the best comedy of all time right now:
    SNL:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=JUWSLlz0Fdo
    Trevor Noah
    https://youtu.be/obRAYBt70SE
    https://youtu.be/f0KLJoh5-Os
    https://youtu.be/5tKOV0KqPlg

more to come
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    vaggar99 said:

^^^i live in a household with a die hard ESP supporter. He's way smarter and more ambitious than i am, but that's where it stops. i'll let you all figure out the rest.

This is getting funnier and funnier. I particularly liked the kale juice touch.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

^^don't worry about it. There are people for whom nothing is serious but themselves and their deeply needy needs. Its a very troubling reality when you think about it. These people have kids and these kids grow up to vote and here we are now.

Yes. Very troubling that people vote on "their deeply needy needs". Very troubling. Unless you think about it.
    BS. If you thought this was an attack on you it wasnt. more of a generalize into how I believe Trumpism has come about.
    Oh I understood. You have previous argued against the idea of elitism but you are downplaying people's "deeply needy need". You admit you were asleep and didn't think Trump could win but you have learnt zero lessons. If you want to beat Trump in 2020 then try understand people's needs, develop a platform and win an election. Right now you are committed to impeachment and that plan will not only go nowhere but will be completely self-defeating. Your approach is infantile. You're still asleep.
    I think you're giving too much credit to Trump voters.

While on one hand many voters did so to thumb their noses at the establishment... many, if not most, voted for the idiot for very poor reasons.
    It is not for anyone to give or not give 60 million people too much credit. It is not for anyone to say that most of 60 million people voted for very poor reasons. When one's brain cannot process the fact that 60 million people voted in what is deemed an unacceptable way it is far easier to denigrate then to look inward. It is a natural human coping mechanism. But it is a mechanism one must resist if they truly want to win an election again. If you really believe people voted for poor reasons then it is encumbent upon you or someone to offer these people a better reason. As of now none is being offered. These people who we "should not give too much credit" are being treated with scorn.
    I can armchair quarterback as much as I want (you do it all the time yourself).

I'm right and you know it.
    Of course you can armchair quarterback...nobody is stopping you. But I'm not sure what exactly you think you are/were right about. Clearly you and many others got the whole outcome of the election wrong. Resist the coping mechanisms.
    You're speculating that a knowledgeable and angry US general public came out in droves and pushed the establishment out by electing a 'man for the people'.

I'm saying you are wrong. Not entirely, but wrong nonetheless. I'm saying that the result of the election is more precisely based on simple things: a campaign appealing to racists... a campaign appealing to dreams without any substance... and a campaign based on smear and fear tactics.

In other words, Trump recognized half the population were simple in nature and won their vote as horrific as it was for anyone remotely intelligent to stomach. At this point, I'd have to tip my hat to him for that. Gutsy to actually think you could placate the befuddled herd and pull something like this off.

Scary that this might serve as the model for future elections everywhere. Democracies have problems.
    I've never promoted the "man of the people" theory. Your analysis top to bottom is just wrong and if it is shared by the democratic party then electoral defeats will continue for years to come.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

^^don't worry about it. There are people for whom nothing is serious but themselves and their deeply needy needs. Its a very troubling reality when you think about it. These people have kids and these kids grow up to vote and here we are now.

Yes. Very troubling that people vote on "their deeply needy needs". Very troubling. Unless you think about it.
    BS. If you thought this was an attack on you it wasnt. more of a generalize into how I believe Trumpism has come about.
    Oh I understood. You have previous argued against the idea of elitism but you are downplaying people's "deeply needy need". You admit you were asleep and didn't think Trump could win but you have learnt zero lessons. If you want to beat Trump in 2020 then try understand people's needs, develop a platform and win an election. Right now you are committed to impeachment and that plan will not only go nowhere but will be completely self-defeating. Your approach is infantile. You're still asleep.

While on one hand many voters did so to thumb their noses at the establishment... many, if not most, voted for the idiot for very poor reasons.
    It is not for anyone to give or not give 60 million people too much credit. It is not for anyone to say that most of 60 million people voted for very poor reasons. When one's brain cannot process the fact that 60 million people voted in what is deemed an unacceptable way it is far easier to denigrate then to look inward. It is a natural human coping mechanism. But it is a mechanism one must resist if they truly want to win an election again. If you really believe people voted for poor reasons then it is encumbent upon you or someone to offer these people a better reason. As of now none is being offered. These people who we "should not give too much credit" are being treated with scorn.

Of course you can armchair quarterback...nobody is stopping you. But I'm not sure what exactly you think you are/were right about. Clearly you and many others got the whole outcome of the election wrong. Resist the coping mechanisms.
    You're speculating that a knowledgeable and angry US general public came out in droves and pushed the establishment out by electing a 'man for the people'.

I'm saying you are wrong. Not entirely, but wrong nonetheless. I'm saying that the result of the election is more precisely based on simple things: a campaign appealing to racists... a campaign appealing to dreams without any substance... and a campaign based on smear and fear tactics.

In other words, Trump recognized half the population were simple in nature and won their vote as horrific as it was for anyone remotely intelligent to stomach. At this point, I'd have to tip my hat to him for that. Gutsy to actually think you could placate the befuddled herd and pull something like this off.

Scary that this might serve as the model for future elections everywhere. Democracies have problems.
    I've never promoted the "man of the people" theory. Your analysis top to bottom is just wrong and if it is shared by the democratic party then electoral defeats will continue for years to come.
    I don't know TB, I read your post 2or3 times to try and pull out some sense and a point.
    I couldn't.
    I believe the only befuddled people are the ones left wondering how they woke up with President-elect Trump.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    befuddled. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    vaggar99 said:

in case you missed these. We at least have some of the best comedy of all time right now:
    SNL:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=JUWSLlz0Fdo
    Trevor Noah
    https://youtu.be/obRAYBt70SE
    https://youtu.be/f0KLJoh5-Os
    https://youtu.be/5tKOV0KqPlg

more to come

Funny stuff. The president elect is not pleased...that's when you know it's good.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ^^^
    Is there another link to these videos?
    The user has not made them available to view in my country it says.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    ^^^try going on youtube and search....not sure if you'll have luck there though
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

I don't know TB, I read your post 2or3 times to try and pull out some sense and a point.
    I couldn't.
    I believe the only befuddled people are the ones left wondering how they woke up with President-elect Trump.
    You're one of the befuddled herd. You wouldn't be able to understand it.

Don't try to over analyze anything Fan. Stick with pestering people in a childlike manner. That is what you do best.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    ^^^
    You said Gutsy to actually think you could placate the befuddled herd and pull something like this off.

If the liberals/dems were a bit more gutsy they could've won.
    Instead they just wandered around like a lost herd expecting another leader.
    I am not befuddled sir,
    No way.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

No. You have. You have been insisting that the US public has been ignored for too long by the establishment and finally a saviour like character presented himself that was embraced.

In the event you feel this is a wrong interpretation for what you are spewing... then you need to sharpen up your written language because you're not communicating with others very well.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Trump is a clown.
    What kind of simpleton is he?

The man has no control of himself.
    Our president-elect is still throwing social media hissy fits about a (very) PG-rated sketch comedy show that portrays him unfavorably.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

^^^
    You said Gutsy to actually think you could placate the befuddled herd and pull something like this off.

If the liberals/dems were a bit more gutsy they could've won.
    Instead they just wandered around like a lost herd expecting another leader.
    I am not befuddled sir,
    No way.

I don't even know how to answer this.
  • Options
    ^^^
    You wouldn't be able to understand this. Only President-elect Trump supporters do.
  • Options
    children please...
  • Options

^^^
    You wouldn't be able to understand this. Only President-elect Trump supporters do.

Exactly
  • Options
    ^^^
    61 million voters also understand and made him the next POTUS.
  • Options
    This is an interesting article, bit of a long read but is well-rounded as it could be. I especially like the post it note protests - very effective, very.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-20/us-election-why-did-61-million-americans-vote-for-trump/8040648
  • Options
    ESP won. That seems to be all that really matters to him. Now he must go and the electorate will get what they want... my Chihuahua, Rudy, as their next president.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

No. You have. You have been insisting that the US public has been ignored for too long by the establishment and finally a saviour like character presented himself that was embraced.

In the event you feel this is a wrong interpretation for what you are spewing... then you need to sharpen up your written language because you're not communicating with others very well.
    Ha. Yes. Please quote back where I have voiced the "saviour like character" theory. Please. I have stated often that many people who support Trump don't actually like him and the data bears that out. His favourable ratings were never good so suggesting him as a saviour is something you just made up. Please though...keep making things up...it is a direct path to electoral victory.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558
    edited November 2016
    Energized By Trump's Win, White Nationalists Gather To 'Change The World'
    http://n.pr/2fGdpN8
  • Options
    Anybody keeping up with this thread knows what you've been saying. I'm not looking back for any of the posts where you essentially speak to the collective intelligence of a US public that opted for Trump as a fresh face that would serve them better than Hillary (or any other part of the establishment).

I'm pretty sure nothing has been lost on anyone within the respective parties' think tanks: empty promises, outright lies, and deceitful tactics can be usefully employed to sway votes and win an election. If the aforementioned can get a narcissistic, deceitful, orange sexual predator a presidency... they'll work for anyone.
  • Options

Anybody keeping up with this thread knows what you've been saying. I'm not looking back for any of the posts where you essentially speak to the collective intelligence of a US public that opted for Trump as a fresh face that would serve them better than Hillary (or any other part of the establishment).

I'm pretty sure nothing has been lost on anyone within the respective parties' think tanks: empty promises, outright lies, and deceitful tactics can be usefully employed to sway votes and win an election. If the aforementioned can get a narcissistic, deceitful, orange sexual predator a presidency... they'll work for anyone.

I accept your apology.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

I accept your apology.
    You mean you've accepted the can of whoop ass I opened on you?
  • Options

This is an interesting article, bit of a long read but is well-rounded as it could be. I especially like the post it note protests - very effective, very.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-20/us-election-why-did-61-million-americans-vote-for-trump/8040648

funny...i like the singer analogy
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450
  • Options

BS44325 said:

I accept your apology.
    I don't see how your mistatement of facts followed by a refusal to provide evidence of said facts is a can of whoop ass. So again...apology accepted.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I accept your apology.
    I don't see how your mistatement of facts followed by a refusal to provide evidence of said facts is a can of whoop ass. So again...apology accepted.
    Lol

You want me to dig through this thread to spit out to you what you have made abundantly clear?

No.

You keep gushing over Trump and how the people voted for change (he'll make everyone's wildest dreams come true... or America great again... or something like that) and I'll keep pointing out that Trump is an orange con man sex offender who's selection clearly defined the lack of values and/or intelligence across a nation.

So again... a beat down. You're not here for the hunting are you?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    cutz said:
    wow, this lady stole my rant verbatim! I too am tired of being politically correct towards supporters of the ESP; however, his fan base are children and must be treated such. So, its probably best not to call a spade a spade at this point.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    ^^^
    Really?
    After 5secs of her speech it turned into the Charlie Brown teacher.
This discussion has been closed.