Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    ^^^
    The we?
    Are we not responsible enough to teach our children to vote?
    Don't blame anyone but yourself the President-elect Trump will be taking the whitehouse.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    ^^^oh trust me...i do blame myself. i fell asleep. never thought this psycho could win
  • Options
    ^^^
    So what are you and others who feel this way going to do to ensure the next POTUS is not Trump?
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    vaggar99 said:

^^don't worry about it. There are people for whom nothing is serious but themselves and their deeply needy needs. Its a very troubling reality when you think about it. These people have kids and these kids grow up to vote and here we are now.

Yes. Very troubling that people vote on "their deeply needy needs". Very troubling. Unless you think about it.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

^^^oh trust me...i do blame myself. i fell asleep. never thought this psycho could win

Some believe eliminationist rhetoric is psycho.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    ^^^good question. too early to give a detailed answer. i can tell you that i have every intention of following through on my plans to join the impeachment movement (if there is one and unnervingly there does not seem to be).
    We are going to have to dig deep for the next 'good guy'. We thought we had it with Obama. But apparently not. There seems to be a very large section of the population that will never like him. But, theres also a good number who did like him but feel betrayed by him. And those are the ones I want to know more about.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    ^^^
    There used to be a poster on here called give me something truth or truth give me I can't remember.
    But anyhow, President-elect Trump has defied all odds and I'm not a betting man.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

^^don't worry about it. There are people for whom nothing is serious but themselves and their deeply needy needs. Its a very troubling reality when you think about it. These people have kids and these kids grow up to vote and here we are now.

Yes. Very troubling that people vote on "their deeply needy needs". Very troubling. Unless you think about it.
    BS. If you thought this was an attack on you it wasnt. more of a generalize into how I believe Trumpism has come about.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS. If you thought this was an attack on you it wasnt. more of a generalize into how I believe Trumpism has come about.
    Oh I understood. You have previous argued against the idea of elitism but you are downplaying people's "deeply needy need". You admit you were asleep and didn't think Trump could win but you have learnt zero lessons. If you want to beat Trump in 2020 then try understand people's needs, develop a platform and win an election. Right now you are committed to impeachment and that plan will not only go nowhere but will be completely self-defeating. Your approach is infantile. You're still asleep.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    ^^^I used the 'deeply needy need' phrase to describe T. in an earlier post. Not sure how you think I have learnt zero lessons. You are right, I am trying to understand people's needs. I am not a politician. I can't even run. I'm scheduled to be deported soon. Impeachment will move forward. Awake but in need of some uppers

Seriously don't mean to sound condescending even though I probably did. Its frustrating you know. I just want to see society moving forward. Not just in a way that takes some boring chart to quantify but in a way that we all feel. it is possible

Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

Oh I understood. You have previous argued against the idea of elitism but you are downplaying people's "deeply needy need". You admit you were asleep and didn't think Trump could win but you have learnt zero lessons. If you want to beat Trump in 2020 then try understand people's needs, develop a platform and win an election. Right now you are committed to impeachment and that plan will not only go nowhere but will be completely self-defeating. Your approach is infantile. You're still asleep.
    I think you're giving too much credit to Trump voters.

While on one hand many voters did so to thumb their noses at the establishment... many, if not most, voted for the idiot for very poor reasons.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

While on one hand many voters did so to thumb their noses at the establishment... many, if not most, voted for the idiot for very poor reasons.
    It is not for anyone to give or not give 60 million people too much credit. It is not for anyone to say that most of 60 million people voted for very poor reasons. When one's brain cannot process the fact that 60 million people voted in what is deemed an unacceptable way it is far easier to denigrate then to look inward. It is a natural human coping mechanism. But it is a mechanism one must resist if they truly want to win an election again. If you really believe people voted for poor reasons then it is encumbent upon you or someone to offer these people a better reason. As of now none is being offered. These people who we "should not give too much credit" are being treated with scorn.
  • Options
    ^^same happened with Bush. Strange phenomenon that i'm still trying to understand.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

^^^I used the 'deeply needy need' phrase to describe T. in an earlier post. Not sure how you think I have learnt zero lessons. You are right, I am trying to understand people's needs. I am not a politician. I can't even run. I'm scheduled to be deported soon. Impeachment will move forward. Awake but in need of some uppers

Seriously don't mean to sound condescending even though I probably did. Its frustrating you know. I just want to see society moving forward. Not just in a way that takes some boring chart to quantify but in a way that we all feel. it is possible

You're scheduled to be deported?
  • Options
    ^^^^no just joking!!!!! hahahahahah...but, its true I can't run for the highest office as I was naturalized as a teenager.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

It is not for anyone to give or not give 60 million people too much credit. It is not for anyone to say that most of 60 million people voted for very poor reasons. When one's brain cannot process the fact that 60 million people voted in what is deemed an unacceptable way it is far easier to denigrate then to look inward. It is a natural human coping mechanism. But it is a mechanism one must resist if they truly want to win an election again. If you really believe people voted for poor reasons then it is encumbent upon you or someone to offer these people a better reason. As of now none is being offered. These people who we "should not give too much credit" are being treated with scorn.
    I can armchair quarterback as much as I want (you do it all the time yourself).

I'm right and you know it.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

^^^
    There used to be a poster on here called give me something truth or truth give me I can't remember.
    But anyhow, President-elect Trump has defied all odds and I'm not a betting man.

he won the election fair and square. and even he cheated, it doesn't matter. his past actions are so heinous that anything he's done in the past 10 years will have to prosecuted while he's in prison.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Now Trump wants safe spaces for Pence lol

:lol:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

ESP is a coward. its pathetic how he tries to use his army of psychos to enforce his authoritarian ways.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

rgambs said:

ESP is a coward. its pathetic how he tries to use his army of psychos to enforce his authoritarian ways.
    The POTUS has a duty to protect all citizens.
    Why would President-elect Trump not nip the harassment in the bud .
    The sour grape dems and radlibs are so upset that they are just itching to be violent and that shit has to stop.
    There is no reason why President-elect Trump or his staff should feel threatened or harassed in public.
    The outrage from the dems and radlibs is disgusting.
  • Options
    ^^^there was no threat. just a group of people who woke up. I give Pence for maintaining poise as always has and letting ESP be the child.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Starts w/ one group calling him out here, one there, one over there, etc.
    Next thing you know it's everywhere unchecked and only a matter of time before it turns violent.
    Pence and his security detail knew this and he got out of dodge.
    The speech wasn't exactly a commendation.
  • Options
    This is still funny as hell to me.

Wesley Snipes starred in a futuristic movie (Demolition Man) with Sandra Bullock and Stallone where Taco Bell was the fine dining choice. If it had made Donald Rump the president as well...the silly storyline would have been complete.

For the record... I just call 'me as I see 'em. Canada has had a few gaffes as well (well... not on the national scale mind you). Rob Ford gave me a lot of enjoyment as well: fumbling on the football field, running into cameras, acting like an idiot... good times! Good good times.

I guess the difference is that this comedy stems from the common folk- you know... the good 'ol boys that elected this guy. Trump isn't funny outside of the fact he's orange and he doesn't do silly things other than offend (if one finds such offensiveness humorous). Way to go, Cletus. Way to go!
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

Of course you can armchair quarterback...nobody is stopping you. But I'm not sure what exactly you think you are/were right about. Clearly you and many others got the whole outcome of the election wrong. Resist the coping mechanisms.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

Of course you can armchair quarterback...nobody is stopping you. But I'm not sure what exactly you think you are/were right about. Clearly you and many others got the whole outcome of the election wrong. Resist the coping mechanisms.
    You're speculating that a knowledgeable and angry US general public came out in droves and pushed the establishment out by electing a 'man for the people'.

I'm saying you are wrong. Not entirely, but wrong nonetheless. I'm saying that the result of the election is more precisely based on simple things: a campaign appealing to racists... a campaign appealing to dreams without any substance... and a campaign based on smear and fear tactics.

In other words, Trump recognized half the population were simple in nature and won their vote as horrific as it was for anyone remotely intelligent to stomach. At this point, I'd have to tip my hat to him for that. Gutsy to actually think you could placate the befuddled herd and pull something like this off.

Scary that this might serve as the model for future elections everywhere. Democracies have problems.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    edited November 2016
    I know plenty of very intelligent and not racist people who were trump supporters, 30, and several other bigotted assholes who weren't . You cant possibly believe everyone who voted for him is a slack jawed yokel.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

I know plenty of very intelligent and not racist people who were trump supporters, 30, and several other bigotted assholes who weren't . You cant possibly believe everyone who voted for him is a slack jawed yokel.

Really? I don't know a single one out of dozens of Trump voters.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

^^^
    Starts w/ one group calling him out here, one there, one over there, etc.
    Next thing you know it's everywhere unchecked and only a matter of time before it turns violent.
    Pence and his security detail knew this and he got out of dodge.
    The speech wasn't exactly a commendation.

something needs to said. if individuals choose to be idiots its on them. the resistance is mobilizing. We are stockpiling granola and frozen kale juice. we are in it for the long haul
  • Options

The slack jawed yokel variety of Trump voters was merely one significant demographic voting bloc that had an impact. Of course there were other sorts.
  • Options
    ^^^i live in a household with a die hard ESP supporter. He's way smarter and more ambitious than i am, but that's where it stops. i'll let you all figure out the rest.
This discussion has been closed.