• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

If you look at the Podesta emails it's clear Bill Hilliary Hilliarys circle and major media knew it would be a close race back in May and July. Not hard to believe that there was a concerted effort to give the illusion that Trump had no chance in hopes that his support would not turn out. It was a nice plan but Trump overcame it, he played the media like a fiddle.

We need to get rid of this myth that Donald is some kind of brilliant puppet master.

Most media enjoyed record ratings, they got what they wanted.

The only group that bought the con was a Donald voter.

If you think that he had any brilliant plan then you were conned too, he isn't that smart.
    correct. smart people don't conduct themselves on social media like he does.
    Guy just beat Jeb Bush easily and Hillary Clinton without a ground campaign and a stripped down campaign team. I don't think he is an idiot. I don't like him as a person or president but not going to say he isn't smart.
    That's on the Donald voter. Just because he won doesn't mean he's smart, for proof look to the American public electing Bush Jr, twice.
    History repeats. Just wasn't expecting it so soon.
    I have zero idea if Trump will be an effective President but his campaign strategy warts and all was nothing short of genius. If you want to beat the man then don't underestimate the man.
    it wasn't genius. it was normal. clinton's was terrible. she sat on her laurels hoping the media's polls were right.
    I wouldn't call it genius but it wasn't normal either. He took his campaign to the gutter in ways we had never seen a nominee do before. He spoke directly to the masses via Twitter in a way we had never seen before. He rejected political norms such as releasing his taxes in a way we had never seen before.
    Why could he is the question? What allowed him to do the things you mention?
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Anybody keeping up with this thread knows what you've been saying. I'm not looking back for any of the posts where you essentially speak to the collective intelligence of a US public that opted for Trump as a fresh face that would serve them better than Hillary (or any other part of the establishment).

I'm pretty sure nothing has been lost on anyone within the respective parties' think tanks: empty promises, outright lies, and deceitful tactics can be usefully employed to sway votes and win an election. If the aforementioned can get a narcissistic, deceitful, orange sexual predator a presidency... they'll work for anyone.

I accept your apology.
    You mean you've accepted the can of whoop ass I opened on you?
    I don't see how your mistatement of facts followed by a refusal to provide evidence of said facts is a can of whoop ass. So again...apology accepted.
    Lol

You want me to dig through this thread to spit out to you what you have made abundantly clear?

No.

You keep gushing over Trump and how the people voted for change (he'll make everyone's wildest dreams come true... or America great again... or something like that) and I'll keep pointing out that Trump is an orange con man sex offender who's selection clearly defined the lack of values and/or intelligence across a nation.

So again... a beat down. You're not here for the hunting are you?
    Yes...please dig...you will never see me "gushing over Trump" as you describe it. I'll help you out if you are too lazy though. I was never a Trump fan...said it on here 1000 times. What I said repeatedly is that there were two terrible candidates...one terrible candidate offered change while the other terrible candidate offered more of them same. I added to this that the metrics were saying this was a "change" election and all Trump had to prove is that he was an acceptable alternative and that people would take the plunge and vote for him. What happened is that in the final couple of weeks the large number of undecideds who had a low opinion of Trump decided that even with all his faults he was acceptable. That is hardly calling him a saviour or someone who would "make everyone's wildest dreams come true". AlL I ever said is that in a choice between two terrible people Trump has more potential upside. Hardly a ringing endorsement. So please go dig...show me where I said anything else. Come on...I need a beat down as nobody on here has ever been able to deliver.
    Fair enough with regards to your personal position on Trump. Thanks for the clarification.

If you recall... we began to differ when you took exception top the fact that I essentially called Trump supporters (for lack of better terms at the moment) stupid or lacking in values.

When you say, "... all Trump had to prove is that he was an acceptable alternative and that people would take the plunge and vote for him"... this supports what I am saying because at no point in this election did he ever prove he was an acceptable alternative in my mind. He proved beyond a doubt that he was completely inappropriate to maintain such a position and for people to vote for him anyways says much about that voter base.
    Ahhhh....so I guess the beat down has been called off. Ok. Now in terms of your point I do take exception to how you describe his supporters (if you can call them that because many of his voters did not think highly of him) because they did a calculation compared to the other candidate. Some people on here have failed to come to grips with how terrible and corrupt of a candidate Hillary Clinton was. There are voters who felt they would be sacrificing values in voting for her. My argument is and always has been there is no point in trying to argue which candidate is more terrible as it is pretty much irrelevant in a "change" electorate. The voters are not stupid or lacking in values by selecting one candidate over the other...they are simply making a calculation as to whether they want "change" or more of the same. Voters new which way a Clinton administration would go and they didn't like it. They may not have had an affinity for Trump but they felt he at least gave them the possibility of something different. Don't demean that choice.
    Possibility of something different? Lol.

That's for sure: a con man sex offender with promises that had no substance.

Again... take exception all you want. I'm right.
    Enjoy your rightness all the way to continued electoral defeats.
  • Options
    His arrogance. Coupled with a public that didn't know or care enough to make him accountable for his words... or loved what he was saying and how he was saying it.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

If you look at the Podesta emails it's clear Bill Hilliary Hilliarys circle and major media knew it would be a close race back in May and July. Not hard to believe that there was a concerted effort to give the illusion that Trump had no chance in hopes that his support would not turn out. It was a nice plan but Trump overcame it, he played the media like a fiddle.

We need to get rid of this myth that Donald is some kind of brilliant puppet master.

If you think that he had any brilliant plan then you were conned too, he isn't that smart.
    Guy just beat Jeb Bush easily and Hillary Clinton without a ground campaign and a stripped down campaign team. I don't think he is an idiot. I don't like him as a person or president but not going to say he isn't smart.
    That's on the Donald voter. Just because he won doesn't mean he's smart, for proof look to the American public electing Bush Jr, twice.
    I have zero idea if Trump will be an effective President but his campaign strategy warts and all was nothing short of genius. If you want to beat the man then don't underestimate the man.
    it wasn't genius. it was normal. clinton's was terrible. she sat on her laurels hoping the media's polls were right.
    I wouldn't call it genius but it wasn't normal either. He took his campaign to the gutter in ways we had never seen a nominee do before. He spoke directly to the masses via Twitter in a way we had never seen before. He rejected political norms such as releasing his taxes in a way we had never seen before.
    And flipped the rust belt in the process while running against his own party. Many months ago I mentioned on here that I understood his high risk strategy. He was trying to thread a tiny needle which would either be the craziest win of all time or the most epic of disasters. A lot had to go right for it to work and his campaign played it perfectly. You can hate the man and still say what he did was genius.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Anybody keeping up with this thread knows what you've been saying. I'm not looking back for any of the posts where you essentially speak to the collective intelligence of a US public that opted for Trump as a fresh face that would serve them better than Hillary (or any other part of the establishment).

I'm pretty sure nothing has been lost on anyone within the respective parties' think tanks: empty promises, outright lies, and deceitful tactics can be usefully employed to sway votes and win an election. If the aforementioned can get a narcissistic, deceitful, orange sexual predator a presidency... they'll work for anyone.

I accept your apology.
    I don't see how your mistatement of facts followed by a refusal to provide evidence of said facts is a can of whoop ass. So again...apology accepted.
    Lol

You want me to dig through this thread to spit out to you what you have made abundantly clear?

No.

You keep gushing over Trump and how the people voted for change (he'll make everyone's wildest dreams come true... or America great again... or something like that) and I'll keep pointing out that Trump is an orange con man sex offender who's selection clearly defined the lack of values and/or intelligence across a nation.

Yes...please dig...you will never see me "gushing over Trump" as you describe it. I'll help you out if you are too lazy though. I was never a Trump fan...said it on here 1000 times. What I said repeatedly is that there were two terrible candidates...one terrible candidate offered change while the other terrible candidate offered more of them same. I added to this that the metrics were saying this was a "change" election and all Trump had to prove is that he was an acceptable alternative and that people would take the plunge and vote for him. What happened is that in the final couple of weeks the large number of undecideds who had a low opinion of Trump decided that even with all his faults he was acceptable. That is hardly calling him a saviour or someone who would "make everyone's wildest dreams come true". AlL I ever said is that in a choice between two terrible people Trump has more potential upside. Hardly a ringing endorsement. So please go dig...show me where I said anything else. Come on...I need a beat down as nobody on here has ever been able to deliver.
    Fair enough with regards to your personal position on Trump. Thanks for the clarification.

If you recall... we began to differ when you took exception top the fact that I essentially called Trump supporters (for lack of better terms at the moment) stupid or lacking in values.

When you say, "... all Trump had to prove is that he was an acceptable alternative and that people would take the plunge and vote for him"... this supports what I am saying because at no point in this election did he ever prove he was an acceptable alternative in my mind. He proved beyond a doubt that he was completely inappropriate to maintain such a position and for people to vote for him anyways says much about that voter base.
    Ahhhh....so I guess the beat down has been called off. Ok. Now in terms of your point I do take exception to how you describe his supporters (if you can call them that because many of his voters did not think highly of him) because they did a calculation compared to the other candidate. Some people on here have failed to come to grips with how terrible and corrupt of a candidate Hillary Clinton was. There are voters who felt they would be sacrificing values in voting for her. My argument is and always has been there is no point in trying to argue which candidate is more terrible as it is pretty much irrelevant in a "change" electorate. The voters are not stupid or lacking in values by selecting one candidate over the other...they are simply making a calculation as to whether they want "change" or more of the same. Voters new which way a Clinton administration would go and they didn't like it. They may not have had an affinity for Trump but they felt he at least gave them the possibility of something different. Don't demean that choice.

I'm just calling it as I see it. I'm not providing the solution to the problem other than suggesting you can say a lot of things that might appeal to the non discerning types and they'll eagerly buy in.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    edited November 2016

His arrogance. Coupled with a public that didn't know or care enough to make him accountable for his words... or loved what he was saying and how he was saying it.

If the left hadn't tried to silence and demean the slightest speech that it didn't agree with, Trump's language albeit extreme in some cases wouldn't have been so much of a breath of fresh air (not so much content but the reminder there is some freedom left in this country to have an opinion).

When you tell people they can't have Christmas parties anymore because 1% of the population might be mildly offended, it will eventually catch up with you. It is a small example but when the left will go after something that small than you know what they will do when something more important comes along.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

If the left hadn't tried to silence and demean the slightest speech that it didn't agree with Trump's language albeit extreme in some cases wouldn't have been so much of a breath of fresh air (not so much content but the reminder there is some freedom left).

When you tell people they can't have Christmas parties anymore because 1% of the population might be mildly offended, it will eventually catch up with you.
    my parents generation would agree with your last statement.

my generation? we like to include people. not tell them to fuck off and breed extremism.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I accept your apology.
    Lol

No.

I'm just calling it as I see it. I'm not providing the solution to the problem other than suggesting you can say a lot of things that might appeal to the non discerning types and they'll eagerly buy in.
    And what I'm saying is that to describe the average voter as " the non discerning type" or to suggest that they were fooled into "buying in" to something is the wrong lesson. It is in fact the backward lesson.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

And flipped the rust belt in the process while running against his own party. Many months ago I mentioned on here that I understood his high risk strategy. He was trying to thread a tiny needle which would either be the craziest win of all time or the most epic of disasters. A lot had to go right for it to work and his campaign played it perfectly. You can hate the man and still say what he did was genius.
    And one if the things that had to go right, the biggest thing, is that the Clinton campaign had to absolutely misread the Midwestern electorate. Their faulty strategy opened that door. A more competent campaign would have slammed it shut. That's luck, not genius. He doesn't get credit for the Clinton campaign's many faults.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited November 2016

If the left hadn't tried to silence and demean the slightest speech that it didn't agree with Trump's language albeit extreme in some cases wouldn't have been so much of a breath of fresh air (not so much content but the reminder there is some freedom left).

When you tell people they can't have Christmas parties anymore because 1% of the population might be mildly offended, it will eventually catch up with you.

my generation? we like to include people. not tell them to fuck off and breed extremism.
    There you go. "Fuck off and breed extremism" because someone wants to say Merry Christmas. Yes, I want to vote for people who think like you. You all are closer to Hitler than you know.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,585
    edited November 2016
    cutz said:
    I agree with her.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

There you go. "Fuck off and breed extremism" because someone wants to say Merry Christmas. Yes, I want to vote for people who think like you. You all are closer to Hitler than you know.
    closer to hitler? what the fuck? I don't think Hitler wanted to include everyone to make them feel welcome make everyone happy. Maybe you meant Mr Rogers?

I keep seeing shit every year on facebook and email strings from people my parents age, all saying "fuck happy holidays, I want to say merry christmas, and if you don't like it, go back to wherever it is you came from".

yeah, that's such a sweet sentiment. you're right, that's what we should be promoting in the western world.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    vaggar99 said:

It just occurred to me that the next State of the Union Address will be from President-elect Trump.
    :rofl:

keep laughing Canada. Your time will come.
    What the fuck?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

It just occurred to me that the next State of the Union Address will be from President-elect Trump.
    :rofl:

keep laughing Canada. Your time will come.
    What the fuck?
    just ignore.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2016
    So anyone would assume that this billboard that is said to be in Russia is a fake. I know that was my immediate assumption .... Well, It's real, but is actually in Montenegro, not Russia. Weird and wild times, lol.

http://www.snopes.com/russian-billboard-features-trump-and-putin/
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    PJ_Soul said:

So anyone would assume that this billboard that is said to be in Russia is a fake. I know that was my immediate assumption .... Well, It's real, but is actually in Montenegro, not Russia. Weird and wild times, lol.

I'm pissed Obama didn't call out Putin for interfering with our elections
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    edited November 2016
    Any Russian interference in our elections was done covertly. I would expect our response to be as well.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

And one if the things that had to go right, the biggest thing, is that the Clinton campaign had to absolutely misread the Midwestern electorate. Their faulty strategy opened that door. A more competent campaign would have slammed it shut. That's luck, not genius. He doesn't get credit for the Clinton campaign's many faults.
    It takes intelligence to seize on your opponents mistakes although you are certainly right in some respects. The whole idea that the party establishments were going to nominate a Bush vs a Clinton gave Trump the massive window of opportunity to walk right through. He was smart to seize it and to strategize around. By running against his own party he was able to flip traditionally democratic counties. No other republican could have done that...Trump didn't carry the parties baggage.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited November 2016

closer to hitler? what the fuck? I don't think Hitler wanted to include everyone to make them feel welcome make everyone happy. Maybe you meant Mr Rogers?

I keep seeing shit every year on facebook and email strings from people my parents age, all saying "fuck happy holidays, I want to say merry christmas, and if you don't like it, go back to wherever it is you came from".

yeah, that's such a sweet sentiment. you're right, that's what we should be promoting in the western world.
    So is it intolerant for someone to insist that Someone else doesn't say Merry Christmas?? Isn't that hypocritical??
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

Along with the FBI dropping the bombshell yeah everyone ignored his putrid message and voted for him ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Posted in Trump economics, but I'll just leave this here too. Food for thought.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-K8bf6dbYt4
  • Options

So how is it going making everyone feel happy, Mr. Rogers? The left may not care about getting rid of a race like Hitler, but they do care about getting rid of those who don't fall in line with their agenda and ideology.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

Along with the FBI dropping the bombshell yeah everyone ignored his putrid message and voted for him ..
    Absolutely but that is why the democratic party lining up behind her was so insane. Everybody knew she was dirty and that was going to catch up with her eventually. When Bernie beat her in Michigan her party should have seen the writing on the wall. It was easy to choose putrid over putrid.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

Absolutely but that is why the democratic party lining up behind her was so insane. Everybody knew she was dirty and that was going to catch up with her eventually. When Bernie beat her in Michigan her party should have seen the writing on the wall. It was easy to choose putrid over putrid.
    Exactly and now you have a deplorable in the WH as commander in chief, all good though with 4 yrs for him to be under the scope & scrutiny of the nation & press he will have to put up or shut up !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    PJ_Soul said:

Here's another one, different theme though
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'm pissed Obama didn't call out Putin for interfering with our elections
    that's rich....like you would have believed it anyways...
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

So is it intolerant for someone to insist that Someone else doesn't say Merry Christmas?? Isn't that hypocritical??
    nope. no one is saying "don't say merry christmas because I'm not christian/white/north american". it is people who are choosing to say "happy holidays" that are getting attacked by those who insist they say merry christmas.

the inclusives are getting attacked by the exclusives.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

PP193448 said:

nope. no one is saying "don't say merry christmas because I'm not christian/white/north american". it is people who are choosing to say "happy holidays" that are getting attacked by those who insist they say merry christmas.

the inclusives are getting attacked by the exclusives.
    Oh, my mistake. I thought you meant vice versa. Yeah, that's very narrow minded indeed. Happy holidays, Hugh!! And Merry Christmas if you prefer!! :peace:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

Exactly and now you have a deplorable in the WH as commander in chief, all good though with 4 yrs for him to be under the scope & scrutiny of the nation & press he will have to put up or shut up !
    I'm with you on that but the democratic party needs to prepare for his potential stumble now by learning the right lessons. They need to get rid of the old guard like Pelosi and push for Tim Ryan as speaker. They should resist Keith Ellison as DNC chair and find someone who would be palatable to a broader swath of the electorate. They have to move away from identity politics and develop an actual platform. These aren't easy things to do but they must be done if they want to capitalize in 2018 and 2020. Focusing on Trump's general idiocy will be a losing battle.
This discussion has been closed.