Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    ^^what do you mean? I could understand her okay

Best line:

"I tried to polite but now I just dont give a damn. Because let's be honest, we don't live in polite America. We live in grab em by the pussy America now. So thank you for that."

i almost fell on the floor after she said that.
  • Options
    It just occurred to me that the next State of the Union Address will be from President-elect Trump.
    :rofl:
  • Options

It just occurred to me that the next State of the Union Address will be from President-elect Trump.

keep laughing Canada. Your time will come.
  • Options
    DESIDERATA or something like that thanks...
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited November 2016
    $25M tax write off.
    Of course, the real cost to Mr. Trump is after tax, not before it. And most business settlements are fully tax deductible. The only part that arguably may not be here is the $1 million in penalties. But barring express non-deductibility commitments, many penalties can be deducted, too. In general, fines and penalties paid to the government are not deductible. Section 162(f) of the tax code prohibits deducting ‘‘any fine or similar penalty paid to a government for the violation of any law.’’
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    vaggar99 said:

Many of us up here aren't laughing for precisely that reason. We are not impervious to fear, influence from inner demons like racism, or unsubstantiated promises of a politician to carry out our desires.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    is everyone on this thread from Canada?!?!?!. Am I debating the validity of this president with a bunch of Canadians? Not surprising considering the complete indifference of Americans.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

is everyone on this thread from Canada?!?!?!. Am I debating the validity of this president with a bunch of Canadians? Not surprising considering the complete indifference of Americans.

Eh... Hosehead, once you get there you can have all the free beer and sausages you want.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,871
    edited November 2016

befuddled. lol

right. what befuddles me is how just over half the eligible voting populace did so. out of an estimated 232 to 241 million people. 61 million decided for the rest of us that this apparently ethically challenged, thin skinned, entitled egomaniac is the leader of the free world?
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ^^yeah
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    vaggar99 said:

aw, how sweet. thanks!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

befuddled. lol

right. what befuddles me is how just over half the eligible voting populace did so. out of an estimated 232 to 241 million people. 61 million decided for the rest of us that this appatent ethically challenged, thin skinned, entitled egomaniac is the leader of the free world?
    Do you think many never bothered voting because they assumed Rump had no chance and they didn't need to?

Or do you think the results reflect nation wide opinion?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

befuddled. lol

right. what befuddles me is how just over half the eligible voting populace did so. out of an estimated 232 to 241 million people. 61 million decided for the rest of us that this appatent ethically challenged, thin skinned, entitled egomaniac is the leader of the free world?
    Do you think many never bothered voting because they assumed Rump had no chance and they didn't need to?

I think many didn't vote on BOTH sides because they assumed Hillary was going to win in a landslide. had the media projections of Clinton's victory would have been a lot closer, we could have seen a much different result. then again, we may not have. it's really impossible to say. especially with how usless polls have shown to be.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

mickeyrat said:

befuddled. lol

I think many didn't vote on BOTH sides because they assumed Hillary was going to win in a landslide. had the media projections of Clinton's victory would have been a lot closer, we could have seen a much different result. then again, we may not have. it's really impossible to say. especially with how usless polls have shown to be.
    ^^^probably so
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,871

mickeyrat said:

befuddled. lol

wasnt just this election. slightly lower turnout than 2012 and well below 2008. 40-45% nonparticipation in presidential years and 60% or better nonparticipation years during midterms and much less for local (at least near me).

so please , tell me again how not voting serves us? Seems to me not voting in large part brought us to this point now.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Interesting article about the concept of fake news that, surprise surprise, includes many of the fake news stories discussed on AMT over the past few weeks.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/the-problem-with-fake-news-is-not-supply-its-demand/article32924694/
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

befuddled. lol

wasnt just this election. slightly lower turnout than 2012 and well below 2008. 40-45% nonparticipation in presidential years and 60% or better nonparticipation years during midterms and much less for local (at least near me).

so please , tell me again how not voting serves us? Seems to me not voting in large part brought us to this point now.
    I ask because I'm wondering if people might reassess their levels of apathy given the reality of what has happened.

In the event the non-voting base was in the same proportion as those who voted... my question would be moot.

In the past, I haven't been a big fan of the current systems and looked at my vote as somewhat meaningless; however, I did vote in our last federal election (we had a donkey we needed to rid ourselves of)... and your election result speaks to the value of a vote.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    If you look at the Podesta emails it's clear Bill Hilliary Hilliarys circle and major media knew it would be a close race back in May and July. Not hard to believe that there was a concerted effort to give the illusion that Trump had no chance in hopes that his support would not turn out. It was a nice plan but Trump overcame it, he played the media like a fiddle.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    JC29856 said:

If you look at the Podesta emails it's clear Bill Hilliary Hilliarys circle and major media knew it would be a close race back in May and July. Not hard to believe that there was a concerted effort to give the illusion that Trump had no chance in hopes that his support would not turn out. It was a nice plan but Trump overcame it, he played the media like a fiddle.

We need to get rid of this myth that Donald is some kind of brilliant puppet master.

Most media enjoyed record ratings, they got what they wanted.

The only group that bought the con was a Donald voter.

If you think that he had any brilliant plan then you were conned too, he isn't that smart.
  • Options
    dignin said:

JC29856 said:

We need to get rid of this myth that Donald is some kind of brilliant puppet master.

If you think that he had any brilliant plan then you were conned too, he isn't that smart.
    correct. smart people don't conduct themselves on social media like he does.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:

JC29856 said:

https://youtu.be/QOaFsIe9YO0
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    JC29856 said:

the media didn't elect Donald Trump. He played the people who voted for him like a fiddle. he sold them a myth and they bought it lock stock and barrel.
  • Options
    Media getting what they wanted!
    https://youtu.be/UtJvYdX4GKM
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

Guy just beat Jeb Bush easily and Hillary Clinton without a ground campaign and a stripped down campaign team. I don't think he is an idiot. I don't like him as a person or president but not going to say he isn't smart.
  • Options

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

Guy just beat Jeb Bush easily and Hillary Clinton without a ground campaign and a stripped down campaign team. I don't think he is an idiot. I don't like him as a person or president but not going to say he isn't smart.
    Foolish idiot to not overspend Hilliary!

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/09/trump-spent-about-half-of-what-clinton-did-on-his-way-to-the-presidency.html
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

That's on the Donald voter. Just because he won doesn't mean he's smart, for proof look to the American public electing Bush Jr, twice.
  • Options
    dignin said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

That's on the Donald voter. Just because he won doesn't mean he's smart, for proof look to the American public electing Bush Jr, twice.
    Trump and W, no comparison, if McCain elected then I could buy your argument.
This discussion has been closed.