Trump

Comments

• pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited November 2016
    dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

so liberal newspapers (which are dying off by the day) support HRC..well stop the press!!! (see what i did there)...i dont see much difference between the hate of the KKK and the extreme left of most newspapers supporting whatever side they choose

side note: The St. Louis PD is complete garbage and the National Inquirer has more credibility than that rag...sorry had to take a shot at my hometown paper
    Well this says a lot about why you can support Trump.
    I dont support either candidate...and the vile stuff that comes from the extreme left is the same hate that comes the hatred of the KKK

@Gern Blansten you are right about some of the conservative newspapers, but it doesnt matter wolves in sheep clothing when it comes to the media
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    edited November 2016
    pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

so liberal newspapers (which are dying off by the day) support HRC..well stop the press!!! (see what i did there)...i dont see much difference between the hate of the KKK and the extreme left of most newspapers supporting whatever side they choose

side note: The St. Louis PD is complete garbage and the National Inquirer has more credibility than that rag...sorry had to take a shot at my hometown paper
    I dont support either candidate...and the vile stuff that comes from the extreme left is the same hate that comes the hatred of the KKK

@Gern Blansten you are right about some of the conservative newspapers, but it doesnt matter wolves in sheep clothing when it comes to the media
    You have stated in 2 polls here that you are voting for Trump. That makes you a supporter.

Look at the papers on that list, hardly extreme left and some lean right, never having endorsed a democrat. You can't just explain that away.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

the hate that comes from the extreme left is the same hate that comes from the KKK? did I understand that statement correctly?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

You have stated in 2 polls here that you are voting for Trump. That makes you a supporter.

Look at the papers on that list, hardly extreme left and some lean right, never having endorsed a democrat. You can't just explain that away.
    Maybe it has to do with his disdain in reference to media in general? You've got to admit that he has not really shown much support for many media outlets.
    edited November 2016
    dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

I will never in my life vote for HRC and the 3rd party candidates are more incompetent than Trump, ala Johnson, and Jill Stein doesn't have a chance and her VP pick is too radical for my taste....so there you have it if i decide to vote and that's up in the air till this weekend it would be Trump and just like a lot of people it would be a vote against Clinton (just like many that are voting for HRC are doing to Trump)
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

Maybe it has to do with his disdain in reference to media in general? You've got to admit that he has not really shown much support for many media outlets.
    And that is a huge problem for America. When people read something they don't agree with they write it off as BS, and turn to an internet source (usually a blog) that reinforces their view, for comfort.

Nobody likes to be challenged. Furthering the divide.

No ability for critical thought.

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

You are the goddamn master of false equivalency. You should be proud. Well...maybe not toooo proud.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

I will never in my life vote for HRC and the 3rd party candidates are more incompetent than Trump, ala Johnson, and Jill Stein doesn't have a chance and her VP pick is too radical for my taste....so there you have it if i decide to vote and that's up in the air till this weekend it would be Trump and just like a lot of people it would be a vote against Clinton (just like many that are voting for HRC are doing to Trump)
    so does this mean you rate lying and cheating as worse personal issues than sexual assault and fraud at least when discussing politics?
  • pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

so does this mean you rate lying and cheating as worse personal issues than sexual assault and fraud at least when discussing politics?
    Don't forget the supreme court issue...I mean if a conservative court is your thing then own your Trump vote.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    edited November 2016

you just explained the Clintons perfectly
    edited November 2016

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

Don't forget the supreme court issue...I mean if a conservative court is your thing then own your Trump vote.
    i agree with that but that is not a sentiment that was presented. he said he would never vote for Hillary and if was going to vote would vote for Trump. He presented a case for not voting for Hillary so I can only assume he finds the personal and/or political issues with Hillary far worse than sexual assault and fraud.

edit: i guess my point is if you are advocating voting for lesser of two evils and your choice is trump you believe sexual assault and fraud are lesser of the evils than what Hillary has done.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2016
    dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

And that is a huge problem for America. When people read something they don't agree with they write it off as BS, and turn to an internet source (usually a blog) that reinforces their view, for comfort.

Nobody likes to be challenged. Furthering the divide.

No ability for critical thought.

Because most news outlets do not have a main agenda of ratings and making money even more so than reporting accurate information? Once that is proven, I'll stop questioning their validity. It happens on both sides of the fence, but I can totally see the media turning against someone because someone has turned against them as much or more that I can see them turning against someone for legitimate newsworthy reasons. I just do not put much weight in "companies" turning against people that do not support them...Hillary is not gaining much support from coal miners or firearm companies for example.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    edited November 2016
    pjalive21 said:

so yes to you lying and cheating are a lesser evil than sexual assault and fraud? wow ok

edit: not trying to make this about you here, just don't quite understand the general idea of Trump being the lesser of two evils when talking about their personal issues
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    edited November 2016
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

i agree with that but that is not a sentiment that was presented. he said he would never vote for Hillary and if was going to vote would vote for Trump. He presented a case for not voting for Hillary so I can only assume he finds the personal and/or political issues with Hillary far worse than sexual assault and fraud.
    or maybe all this "change" people grasp onto isn't someone who has been involved in politics for 30 years and is corrupt....i understood the Obama vote, i respected it, this guy sold everyone on real change then people want to follow him up with Clinton?? Someone who behind closed doors has told people one thing and then out in public says another, who on record has insulted minorities while calling out Trump, taken money from wall st, and put the countries national security at risk with her servers

Abedin, Weiner, Podesta, her Foundation and Qatar, Wikileaks...its all there

look no further than what JC has laid out there for everyone to see
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

edit: i guess my point is if you are advocating voting for lesser of two evils and your choice is trump you believe sexual assault and fraud are lesser of the evils than what Hillary has done.
    yep...totally agree

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

so yes to you lying and cheating are a lesser evil than sexual assault and fraud? wow ok

edit: not trying to make this about you here, just don't quite understand the general idea of Trump being the lesser of two evils when talking about their personal issues
    no....everything you listed while slinging it at Trump, fits the Clinton's
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

no, he's saying the clintons have done all of those things, while trump is only accused of the latter.

BILL AIN'T RUNNING. Should we disqualify trump because his wife is a brainless moron? no.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

or maybe all this "change" people grasp onto isn't someone who has been involved in politics for 30 years and is corrupt....i understood the Obama vote, i respected it, this guy sold everyone on real change then people want to follow him up with Clinton?? Someone who behind closed doors has told people one thing and then out in public says another, who on record has insulted minorities while calling out Trump, taken money from wall st, and put the countries national security at risk with her servers

You don't think Trump is corrupt? Are you ignoring the Trump U issues? The non payment of vendors? He is getting flack now for not paying his pollsters about $700K.

Throw in the comments about bombing the shit out of everyone and damn....how do you say that is better than someone who mishandled some meaningless emails?

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

You don't think Trump is corrupt? Are you ignoring the Trump U issues? The non payment of vendors? He is getting flack now for not paying his pollsters about $700K.

Throw in the comments about bombing the shit out of everyone and damn....how do you say that is better than someone who mishandled some meaningless emails?
    He has issues too....i think many of us, including myself has stated this is what America has laid forth for us to choose from

it is the lesser of two evils...that term actually fits this election...as I have stated before I was a Rand Paul supporter and how a guy like that or Kasich got beat by Trump is beyond my way of thinking....I think someone stated because of low educated voters? maybe...or just plain old disenfranchisement and making a mockery of our system...we will never know the answer i guess

I feel like if i don't vote then I have no reason to complain...that's a personal feeling of mine so in those two choices i choose Trump,,,i stated my 3rd party opinion above on why I wont vote that way
    pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

Washington is not Silicon Valley. You can't blow it all up and start over again. Disruptive innovation is not welcome here. That's how you get power vacuums and end up with this:
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    CM189191 said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

Washington is not Silicon Valley. You can't blow it all up and start over again. Disruptive innovation is not welcome here. That's how you get power vacuums and end up with this:
    You're right that we don't want to blow it up and start all over again, but maybe some mildly disruptive innovation is needed. DC is incestuous, and the process needs a big kick in the ass. We had candidates who weren't nearly as offensive as what we ended up with from the major parties. O'Malley (D) and Kasich (R) seemed pretty reasonable candidates who I think I would have been comfortable voting for. But no way in hell will I be voting for either of these bottom feeders that we're stuck with and may have to endure for 4 - 8 years.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

You're right that we don't want to blow it up and start all over again, but maybe some mildly disruptive innovation is needed. DC is incestuous, and the process needs a big kick in the ass. We had candidates who weren't nearly as offensive as what we ended up with from the major parties. O'Malley (D) and Kasich (R) seemed pretty reasonable candidates who I think I would have been comfortable voting for. But no way in hell will I be voting for either of these bottom feeders that we're stuck with and may have to endure for 4 - 8 years.
    Change happens incrementally, not overnight. Looking 4-8 years ahead is the short game. I would say Obama was pretty disruptive with the ACA. And if what Governor Walker says is true, then sign me up.
    Instead, we get this obstructionist BS:
    “If Hillary Clinton becomes president, I am going to do everything I can do to make sure four years from now, we still got an opening on the Supreme Court,” Richard Burr, chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, told a group of Republican volunteers, according to CNN.
    I hope a lot of down-ticket R's lose their seats this election. There are quite a few who need to be fired.
    CM189191 said:

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

Change happens incrementally, not overnight. Looking 4-8 years ahead is the short game. I would say Obama was pretty disruptive with the ACA. And if what Governor Walker says is true, then sign me up.

Well, if ACA is the case you or Walker is making to entice votes for 8 years of Hillary, then I'm definitely out. While I like and appreciate many things Obama has done, and put him squarely in the "good" category, the ACA was/is/will continue to be a clusterfuck until it can be unwound or massively overhauled. So, no, I don't want another 8 years of the ACA. It certainly was disruptive to me and my healthcare.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,212
    Still voting for Clinton never Trump ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    CM189191 said:

“If Hillary Clinton becomes president, I am going to do everything I can do to make sure four years from now, we still got an opening on the Supreme Court,” Richard Burr, chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, told a group of Republican volunteers, according to CNN.
    I hope a lot of down-ticket R's lose their seats this election. There are quite a few who need to be fired.

I'm with you here. I think this is unconscionable. It is beyond obstructionist, and really is derelict. Congress has an obligation to the people and the country that is being ignored. Going years with a potentially deadlocked Supreme Court is not in the best interest of the country or the people. If the down-ticket R's can't do their jobs it is time for some disruption in the balance of power in Congress.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,958
    jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

I'm with you here. I think this is unconscionable. It is beyond obstructionist, and really is derelict. Congress has an obligation to the people and the country that is being ignored. Going years with a potentially deadlocked Supreme Court is not in the best interest of the country or the people. If the down-ticket R's can't do their jobs it is time for some disruption in the balance of power in Congress.
    And the same conservatives who complain about a corrupt and "do nothing" congress applaud this stuff and vote these people in. The fear overrides the rational thought.
    jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

Well, if ACA is the case you or Walker is making to entice votes for 8 years of Hillary, then I'm definitely out. While I like and appreciate many things Obama has done, and put him squarely in the "good" category, the ACA was/is/will continue to be a clusterfuck until it can be unwound or massively overhauled. So, no, I don't want another 8 years of the ACA. It certainly was disruptive to me and my healthcare.
    I hear all these horrors stories and am starting to believe I'm the only one who experienced no effect on my Health Insurance. Same as it ever was.

So single payer then?
    CM189191 said:

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

I hear all these horrors stories and am starting to believe I'm the only one who experienced no effect on my Health Insurance. Same as it ever was.

So single payer then?
    Let's give it a shot. As long as it isn't modeled after the VA, it is certainly worth exploring. While no healthcare option will be a panacea, most who could afford insurance were much better off pre-ACA in terms of affordability of coverage, breadth of coverage, number of plan choices and out of pocket costs. If a single payer plan can be constructed so that the dollars employers and employees currently contribute to coverage go to a singer payer program, and we are actually covered for more than catastrophic care, then I would welcome that change.
    Well, it's not exactly what you would call "party headquarters"
    A Black Church Burned in the Name of Trump
    ...how deplorable....
This discussion has been closed.