Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    There was someone on facebook (the cousin of an appalled person in a group I belong to) who donned an Obama mask and wore a target on his chest for Halloween. Apparently everyone at the party thought it was awesome. Trump supporter.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

That's an interesting point, him going back to being Trump. I think he's sending some mixed signals for after the election after he loses. He's on record saying he'd probably go away for awhile. On the other side, this man is addicted to attention. I honestly think there's a media organization coming out of this. I'm not even so sure it's not "plan B" anymore next to winning in ten days. I honestly think the media plan is plan A. Why else bring in Ailles and Steve from Breitbart? I bet they can woo Hannity from Fox News. The Murdoch boys running Fox these days want the channel to be more journalistic (Smith, Wallace, Kelly) that talking heads like Bill O and Hannity. A Trump media sets up a potential war with Trump/Breitbart, Fox News, and The Blaze. It's really fascinating to watch.
    I don't view Trump as honestly wanting the most powerful position in the world. I don't think it's a thirst for power that drives Trump. I think what drives him is the same thing that has driven him his entire life...money.

I could also be way off.

Very interesting, I heard the media idea just today, so you're probably not far off. There's no way he wants to be POTUS, this whole scheme of his will run its course, then die, just as planned w/ Hillary.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited October 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

There was someone on facebook (the cousin of an appalled person in a group I belong to) who donned an Obama mask and wore a target on his chest for Halloween. Apparently everyone at the party thought it was awesome. Trump supporter.

There are many despicable Trump supporters for sure.
    People voting twice? Unheard of.
    Oh wait in a swing state they have this “I think it shows that our voting system works in Iowa, that we’re able to catch it,” Fitzgerald told the paper, adding that the reported instances could have been honest mistakes but “that’s not for me to decide
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/10/29/trump-supporter-charged-with-voting-twice-in-iowa/?tid=pm_national_pop_b&utm_term=.bdd23ded15a0
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,605
    Even KellyAnne Conway admits it....

Conway: Man who shouted 'Jew-S-A' is 'deplorable'
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/30/politics/trump-kellyanne-conway-jew-s-a-deplorable/
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

There are many despicable Trump supporters for sure.
    People voting twice? Unheard of.
    Oh wait in a swing state they have this “I think it shows that our voting system works in Iowa, that we’re able to catch it,” Fitzgerald told the paper, adding that the reported instances could have been honest mistakes but “that’s not for me to decide
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/10/29/trump-supporter-charged-with-voting-twice-in-iowa/?tid=pm_national_pop_b&utm_term=.bdd23ded15a0
    That's an understatement.

I mean... what else do you call someone who supports a child rapist, scams the system and attacks veterans as if he was tuff (not to mention the fact that he's a pud that is orange)?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    ^^^
    You're right TB.
    Hillary wins.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited October 2016

Trump supporters setting the bar really low....

SB Nation: 2 idiots at Nebraska-Wisconsin dressed up as Trump lynching Obama and Clinton.
    http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwxJ_JmzA

Yet if it were Donald and Dubya, they'd throw a hissy fit like the whiny little racist beyotches they are.
  • Options

SB Nation: 2 idiots at Nebraska-Wisconsin dressed up as Trump lynching Obama and Clinton.

Yet if it were Donald and Dubya, they'd throw a hissy fit like the whiny little racist beyotches they are.
    You're right IH80.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,523

I mean just think if you sang to a mask on a mic stand!!!

What am I saying, they probably wouldn't think that was a big deal.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Smellyman said:

I mean just think if you sang to a mask on a mic stand!!!

What am I saying, they probably wouldn't think that was a big deal.
    He's not a leader. He's a Texas leaguer.
  • Options
    A good song. It took time to grow on me musically. I loved the lyrics and its purpose... but its only been the last few years where I have cone to appreciate the song for being a good song.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,663
    This is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. There are a bunch of planes flying in circles around Philly. Have gone directly by my office a good dozen times over the past 90 minutes. They all have a banner trailing the plane

"Black Americans For Trump"

"Asian Americans Vote For Trump"

"Women Vote For Trump"

"Hispanics Vote For Trump"

and a whole bunch more that I can't make out. Incredible.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

so you have a problem with freedom of expression even if distasteful? i mean Ed did wear a Dubya mask and pretty much defecate on it?

ive seen liberals do some pretty deplorable stuff like this with Dubya when he was in office...no double standards here
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,177
    pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

so you have a problem with freedom of expression even if distasteful? i mean Ed did wear a Dubya mask and pretty much defecate on it?

ive seen liberals do some pretty deplorable stuff like this with Dubya when he was in office...no double standards here
    I don't have an issue with it. as you said it works both ways (although I don't recall him "pretty much defecating on it"). the only thing I had an issue with was this picture going around a few years back that was a piece of shit with Obama's face on it. when you bring the guy's skin colour into it is where I think the line should be drawn.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited October 2016
    pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

What does "pretty much defecating on it" mean??? I don't remember that part, and I'm pretty sure I would recall Eddie dropping his pants on stage.
    My problem comes only when people encourage the assassination of the president. But me having a problem with that has absolutely nothing to do with freedom of speech, except in that I am exercising mine.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,749

This is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. There are a bunch of planes flying in circles around Philly. Have gone directly by my office a good dozen times over the past 90 minutes. They all have a banner trailing the plane

"Women Vote For Trump"

Using the plural might be overstating it. Should say "black guy for Trump"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,817

"Women Vote For Trump"

Using the plural might be overstating it. Should say "black guy for Trump"
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,561
    PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

What does "pretty much defecating on it" mean??? I don't remember that part, and I'm pretty sure I would recall Eddie dropping his pants on stage.
    My problem comes only when people encourage the assassination of the president. But me having a problem with that has absolutely nothing to do with freedom of speech, except in that I am exercising mine.
    He essentially chopped his head off....which, I think, is along the same lines as what this guy on Facebook is advocating.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2916155.stm
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I don't have an issue with it. as you said it works both ways (although I don't recall him "pretty much defecating on it"). the only thing I had an issue with was this picture going around a few years back that was a piece of shit with Obama's face on it. when you bring the guy's skin colour into it is where I think the line should be drawn.
    i dont have a problem with either side doing it, even if distasteful, you end up seeing the character of the person on full display when they do stuff like that....and the "defacating" part of my post was obviously a stretch, but he did slap the mask and punch it and throwing it down so still an act of "violence" being displayed against the POTUS

as much as i may disagree with the president i would never wish death
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

He essentially chopped his head off....which, I think, is along the same lines as what this guy on Facebook is advocating.

This is ridiculous. I am familiar with the clip, and all he did was put the mask on a mic stand so that it was supported up on something at eye level. Lol, essentially chopped his head off - that is officially the dumbest thing I've seen so far today.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,561
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

This is ridiculous. I am familiar with the clip, and all he did was put the mask on a mic stand so that it was supported up on something at eye level. Lol, essentially chopped his head off - that is officially the dumbest thing I've seen so far today.
    I think he mimicked chopping it off with the mic stand. No?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I don't remember that, or didn't take what he did as that.... but okay, if you say so.
  • Options
    So will the latest Trump connections with Russia cause as many 'interesting' conversations around here or is it not as scandalous as emails and potential related national security issues?
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

So will the latest Trump connections with Russia cause as many 'interesting' conversations around here or is it not as scandalous as emails and potential related national security issues?

No. Not as scandalous.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

No. Not as scandalous.
    Fair enough - maybe the new NYT story about his legally dubious tax avoiding will cause a relatively big scandal.
    Or they'll keep dumping Trump mini-scandals for the next week to try and get Hillary's emails outta the headlines.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,523

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

no.

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

No. Not as scandalous.
    Fair enough - maybe the new NYT story about his legally dubious tax avoiding will cause a relatively big scandal.
    Or they'll keep dumping Trump mini-scandals for the next week to try and get Hillary's emails outta the headlines.
    Nah nobody cares about that anymore. He isn't releasing his taxes and everybody knows it. He's been accused of sexual harassment a hundred times so one more won't matter. As Peter Thiel said today...people aren't voting on whether they like either of these candidates...they are voting based on the fact that they feel government has failed them...that the people in power have failed them. Hillary is continuity of that government and her scandals play into that. Trump's scandals while bad are not relevant to the question at hand. He is the change and people will choose it warts and all.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,312
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

No. Not as scandalous.
    Nah nobody cares about that anymore. He isn't releasing his taxes and everybody knows it. He's been accused of sexual harassment a hundred times so one more won't matter. As Peter Thiel said today...people aren't voting on whether they like either of these candidates...they are voting based on the fact that they feel government has failed them...that the people in power have failed them. Hillary is continuity of that government and her scandals play into that. Trump's scandals while bad are not relevant to the question at hand. He is the change and people will choose it warts and all.
    Ah yes, Peter Thiel...just like Trump he can really relate to the common man.

We will see if Trumps scandals are irrelevant on election day.
  • Options
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

No. Not as scandalous.
    Ah yes, Peter Thiel...just like Trump he can really relate to the common man.

We will see if Trumps scandals are irrelevant on election day.
    Because on election day we'll see whose banned in the USA.
This discussion has been closed.