• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,561
    edited November 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

There was someone on facebook (the cousin of an appalled person in a group I belong to) who donned an Obama mask and wore a target on his chest for Halloween. Apparently everyone at the party thought it was awesome. Trump supporter.

so you have a problem with freedom of expression even if distasteful? i mean Ed did wear a Dubya mask and pretty much defecate on it?

ive seen liberals do some pretty deplorable stuff like this with Dubya when he was in office...no double standards here
    What does "pretty much defecating on it" mean??? I don't remember that part, and I'm pretty sure I would recall Eddie dropping his pants on stage.
    My problem comes only when people encourage the assassination of the president. But me having a problem with that has absolutely nothing to do with freedom of speech, except in that I am exercising mine.
    He essentially chopped his head off....which, I think, is along the same lines as what this guy on Facebook is advocating.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2916155.stm
    This is ridiculous. I am familiar with the clip, and all he did was put the mask on a mic stand so that it was supported up on something at eye level. Lol, essentially chopped his head off - that is officially the dumbest thing I've seen so far today.
    I think he mimicked chopping it off with the mic stand. No?
    I don't remember that, or didn't take what he did as that.... but okay, if you say so.
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

There was someone on facebook (the cousin of an appalled person in a group I belong to) who donned an Obama mask and wore a target on his chest for Halloween. Apparently everyone at the party thought it was awesome. Trump supporter.

so you have a problem with freedom of expression even if distasteful? i mean Ed did wear a Dubya mask and pretty much defecate on it?

ive seen liberals do some pretty deplorable stuff like this with Dubya when he was in office...no double standards here
    What does "pretty much defecating on it" mean??? I don't remember that part, and I'm pretty sure I would recall Eddie dropping his pants on stage.
    My problem comes only when people encourage the assassination of the president. But me having a problem with that has absolutely nothing to do with freedom of speech, except in that I am exercising mine.
    He essentially chopped his head off....which, I think, is along the same lines as what this guy on Facebook is advocating.

This is ridiculous. I am familiar with the clip, and all he did was put the mask on a mic stand so that it was supported up on something at eye level. Lol, essentially chopped his head off - that is officially the dumbest thing I've seen so far today.
    I don't remember that, or didn't take what he did as that.... but okay, if you say so.
    Pjalive's point is valid. This is just an example relevant to this message board. There we plenty of other examples back in the day of folks wishing Bush were dead. I think I remember Gore Vidal casually joking about on The View or something and nobody made a big deal about it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

So will the latest Trump connections with Russia cause as many 'interesting' conversations around here or is it not as scandalous as emails and potential related national security issues?

No. Not as scandalous.
    Fair enough - maybe the new NYT story about his legally dubious tax avoiding will cause a relatively big scandal.
    Or they'll keep dumping Trump mini-scandals for the next week to try and get Hillary's emails outta the headlines.
    Nah nobody cares about that anymore. He isn't releasing his taxes and everybody knows it. He's been accused of sexual harassment a hundred times so one more won't matter. As Peter Thiel said today...people aren't voting on whether they like either of these candidates...they are voting based on the fact that they feel government has failed them...that the people in power have failed them. Hillary is continuity of that government and her scandals play into that. Trump's scandals while bad are not relevant to the question at hand. He is the change and people will choose it warts and all.
    Ah yes, Peter Thiel...just like Trump he can really relate to the common man.

We will see if Trumps scandals are irrelevant on election day.
    We shall but before blowing off Peter Thiel he is the one who makes the point that the bulk of silicon valley is out of touch with the working class...that their success is not being felt in vast regions of the country. Silicon Valley like the rest of the 1% is backing Hillary. Thiel is one of the few who is not.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,561

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

So will the latest Trump connections with Russia cause as many 'interesting' conversations around here or is it not as scandalous as emails and potential related national security issues?

No. Not as scandalous.
    Fair enough - maybe the new NYT story about his legally dubious tax avoiding will cause a relatively big scandal.
    Or they'll keep dumping Trump mini-scandals for the next week to try and get Hillary's emails outta the headlines.
    Nah nobody cares about that anymore. He isn't releasing his taxes and everybody knows it. He's been accused of sexual harassment a hundred times so one more won't matter. As Peter Thiel said today...people aren't voting on whether they like either of these candidates...they are voting based on the fact that they feel government has failed them...that the people in power have failed them. Hillary is continuity of that government and her scandals play into that. Trump's scandals while bad are not relevant to the question at hand. He is the change and people will choose it warts and all.

Because on election day we'll see whose banned in the USA.
    This post makes plenty of sense....as usual.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

No. Not as scandalous.

Because on election day we'll see whose banned in the USA.
    This post makes plenty of sense....as usual.
    I am posting this you tube video.
    Any one who is interested in clicking on it can.
    It will eat bandwidth and may be offensive to some viewers.
    I can't disclaim any further than this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEH_ms8d1ws
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Pjalive's point is valid. This is just an example relevant to this message board. There we plenty of other examples back in the day of folks wishing Bush were dead. I think I remember Gore Vidal casually joking about on The View or something and nobody made a big deal about it.
    There was a movie made about Bush's assassination. It was widely celebrated on the left.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

There was a movie made about Bush's assassination. It was widely celebrated on the left.
    Extremists should be shot.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,751
    307 pages and finally a 2live crew video!
  • Options

307 pages and finally a 2live crew video!

See?
    Trump isn't such a bad guy.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Educate us, oh wise one, of the toxic left and all they believe.
  • Options
    As a member of the left, I'm wonder what this celebration was like that I missed out on.
  • Options

As a member of the left, I'm wonder what this celebration was like that I missed out on.

Sounds like a hell of a movie. :lol:
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,812
    I heard Trump deleted emails in defiance of court orders. And is housing a secret private server in Trump tower for a Russian bank. Anyone know anything about this??
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

I heard Trump deleted emails in defiance of court orders. And is housing a secret private server in Trump tower for a Russian bank. Anyone know anything about this??

You beat me to it.
    I was just going to post that.
    Can't wait for Trump to explain his way out of this one once it hits the liberal press.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

What?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

What?
    It is a balanced statement.
  • Options

It was celebrated as a piece of art. It won a top award at the Toronto International Film Festival. I live here so I was quite familiar with all the press surrounding it at the time. I guess the rest of you ludites are only culturally aware of the year PJ20 premiered.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-405644/George-Bush-assassination-film-wins-award.html
  • Options
    Free said:

Proving my point.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

It was celebrated as a piece of art. It won a top award at the Toronto International Film Festival. I live here so I was quite familiar with all the press surrounding it at the time. I guess the rest of you ludites are only culturally aware of the year PJ20 premiered.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-405644/George-Bush-assassination-film-wins-award.html
    Cards to the table BS.
    Lived in the concrete jungle for 3yrs and I feel your pain.
    Trump seems welcome in that centre of the universe.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

Proving my point.
    I wasn't serious. Hence the LOL.
  • Options

CM189191 said:

You beat me to it.
    I was just going to post that.
    Can't wait for Trump to explain his way out of this one once it hits the liberal press.
    What's also fun is watching the conservative press try and downplay it.
  • Options
    Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

Proving my point.
    I wasn't serious. Hence the LOL.
    That wasn't an LOL. It was an emoji smiley face. Earth to Brint you were serious. You never heard of styling gel.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Cards to the table BS.
    It's Ford Nation here man. He was the original Trump before Trump was cool. It's why I get the Trump movement...we was years ahead of the game!
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Cards to the table BS.
    It's Ford Nation here man. He was the original Trump before Trump was cool. It's why I get the Trump movement...we was years ahead of the game!
    Your PJ avatar is cool.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

What?
    Geez did you lose your sense of irony?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

What?
    Geez did you lose your sense of irony?
    Maybe?
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,312
  • Options
    Was a Trump Server Communicating With Russia?

This spring, a group of computer scientists set out to determine whether hackers were interfering with the Trump campaign. They found something they weren’t expecting.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2016/10/was_a_server_registered_to_the_trump_organization_communicating_with_russia.html
  • Options
    A Veteran Spy Has Given the FBI Information Alleging a Russian Operation to Cultivate Donald Trump
    Has the bureau investigated this material?

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/10/veteran-spy-gave-fbi-info-alleging-russian-operation-cultivate-donald-trump
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Not sure this story will get legs since the one accusing him of raping a girl hasn't.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Yeah. Apparently they are looking into Russian connections with the Podesta Group as well.
This discussion has been closed.