Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,043
    BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

Any one poll can't give you a correct outlook. It's the averages of all polls that is usually most accurate.

That is completely correct and now this poll is approaching that of Rasmussen, LATimes and IBD/TIPP. Clinton has the lead but the race is much tighter.
    She's got the world in her pocket, BS. She will win, probably win big and you know I'm not a fan! The thought of her winning by a landslide concerns me. She does not deserve that kind of recognition.
    It's ok. When they go low we get high!
    :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Smell your own kind, can ya?
  • Options

For the last time.
    I am not media.
    I like Trump.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,747

For the last time.
    I am not media.
    I like Trump.
    The media loves Trump. It's why he got the nom. The coverage on TV during the primaries was all about the Trump circus.
  • Options
    ^^^
    He got the nom because the media loves him? Rigged!
  • Options
    Kind of a "live by the sword, die by the sword" scenario.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Trump is not really living by the sword though. He is neck and neck (in the media) with Hillary to be the next POTUS.
  • Options
    He loved the media when they gave him momentum in the primaries and now he despises the media because they aren't doing that anymore.
    I think that the saying rings quite true.
  • Options
    That is true.
    Trump has said this consistently.
    The media really wants him to go away, well not really.
    Trump is fine w/ this and is still an option to vote for.
    If he loses he goes back to being Trump.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    That's an interesting point, him going back to being Trump. I think he's sending some mixed signals for after the election after he loses. He's on record saying he'd probably go away for awhile. On the other side, this man is addicted to attention. I honestly think there's a media organization coming out of this. I'm not even so sure it's not "plan B" anymore next to winning in ten days. I honestly think the media plan is plan A. Why else bring in Ailles and Steve from Breitbart? I bet they can woo Hannity from Fox News. The Murdoch boys running Fox these days want the channel to be more journalistic (Smith, Wallace, Kelly) that talking heads like Bill O and Hannity. A Trump media sets up a potential war with Trump/Breitbart, Fox News, and The Blaze. It's really fascinating to watch.
    I don't view Trump as honestly wanting the most powerful position in the world. I don't think it's a thirst for power that drives Trump. I think what drives him is the same thing that has driven him his entire life...money.

I could also be way off.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Money he doesn't care about anymore.
    He has more money than the collective brains on AMT will ever have. (including me)
    His pinnacle affords him the right to say what he wants.
    That doesn't make him right though.

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    edited October 2016
    ^^^* PJ this must bug you that you can't vote for Donald?
    Post edited by lukin2006 on
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,815
    It's a free country and people are free to vote for whomever they choose. This freedom is what makes us great. If everyone exercises this freedom to choose Trump as our next leader I wonder who Trump would want to put in his cabinet.
    Given that he has the freedom to nominate his cabinet, could we see someone completely ridiculous nominated for a position of power as a reward for their support throughout the election cycle?
    The Senate has to confirm the nominations with a majority vote. If Trump gets this freedom, what sort of crazy battles could this set up?
    Don't know the history on noms and if it is common to have disputes over those named.

#FD
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    It will be a complete and total shit storm on all fronts of nominations if Trump is elected. If I'm a GOP member of congress, I'd look at his first term as a lame duck because he's not getting lucky twice.
  • Options

It will be a complete and total shit storm on all fronts of nominations if Trump is elected. If I'm a GOP member of congress, I'd look at his first term as a lame duck because he's not getting lucky twice.

He is not looking to get lucky twice.
    Just once.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,747

^^^
    Money he doesn't care about anymore.
    He has more money than the collective brains on AMT will ever have. (including me)
    His pinnacle affords him the right to say what he wants.
    That doesn't make him right though.

People who say that people like Trump don't care about having more money because they have enough don't understand the mentality behind it. It's about greed and power, not getting enough so you can sit back and be comfortable.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Trump had previously attempted to tie Clinton to the Weiner scandal. In a late August statement, he said, "I only worry for the country in that Hillary Clinton was careless and negligent in allowing Weiner to have such close proximity to highly classified information. Who knows what he learned and who he told? It's just another example of Hillary Clinton's bad judgment."
  • Options

That's an interesting point, him going back to being Trump. I think he's sending some mixed signals for after the election after he loses. He's on record saying he'd probably go away for awhile. On the other side, this man is addicted to attention. I honestly think there's a media organization coming out of this. I'm not even so sure it's not "plan B" anymore next to winning in ten days. I honestly think the media plan is plan A. Why else bring in Ailles and Steve from Breitbart? I bet they can woo Hannity from Fox News. The Murdoch boys running Fox these days want the channel to be more journalistic (Smith, Wallace, Kelly) that talking heads like Bill O and Hannity. A Trump media sets up a potential war with Trump/Breitbart, Fox News, and The Blaze. It's really fascinating to watch.
    I don't view Trump as honestly wanting the most powerful position in the world. I don't think it's a thirst for power that drives Trump. I think what drives him is the same thing that has driven him his entire life...money.

I could also be way off.

Fascinating! And believable. You might be right on the (speaking of) money here, ledved.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,765
    edited October 2016
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,765

I could also be way off.

I 100% think that is what is on his mind.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SNL is a re-run tonight but seeing that skit again with Alec Baldwin as Trump, Kate McKinnon as Hillary and Michael Che as Lester... Hillaryous!

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,848

I could also be way off.

And they'll bring in that angry little girl Tomi Lahren so the male viewers can have someone to jerk off to now that Coulter is getting old.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,815
    eddiec said:

I could also be way off.

And they'll bring in that angry little girl Tomi Lahren so the male viewers can have someone to jerk off to now that Coulter is getting old.
    IMO, she is 100x better looking than AC ever was. Think they are trying to go a bit more mainstream as was pointed out earlier, but probably not a bad prediction.
    Wondering who would wank it to horse face, though?
    They have the freedom to do it if they are twisted enough.

#FD
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,018
    edited October 2016

eddiec said:

I could also be way off.

IMO, she is 100x better looking than AC ever was. Think they are trying to go a bit more mainstream as was pointed out earlier, but probably not a bad prediction.
    Wondering who would wank it to horse face, though?
    They have the freedom to do it if they are twisted enough.

#FD
    Horse face? Grow up. Even in the Trump thread, doesn't mean we should mimic Trump's insensitivity and lack of manners. Saying this because I think there's important talk still to be had and don't think it's worth degrading it to an election-esque circus.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

Perhaps....
    Then again it bugs me that I can't take a vote away from Hillary either.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,018

lukin2006 said:

Perhaps....
    Then again it bugs me that I can't take a vote away from Hillary either.
    So you'd be in favour of a democracy where your vote not only matters more than someone else's, but negates their vote entirely? Fascinating... And you call Hilary Clinton corrupt.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited October 2016
    ^^^
    No.
    Campaigning for someone and persuading others for their vote I consider that taking votes away from another.
    Pretty sure there are a few Trump fence sitters here on AMT that may fall on his side instead of giving Hillary a vote.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,599
    Trump supporters setting the bar really low....

SB Nation: 2 idiots at Nebraska-Wisconsin dressed up as Trump lynching Obama and Clinton.
    http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwxJ_JmzA
This discussion has been closed.