Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764

BS44325 said:

pjalive21 said:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/27/us/politics/trump-star-on-hollywood-walk-of-fame-is-smashed.html?_r=0

Just more tolerance being shown from the open armed left leaning liberals....who are the deplorable now? 3 incidents of destruction of GOP property, Clinton and her team encouraging violence against Trump supportes, now this

seriously the more im reading and witnessing the more my vote will go to this man....was originally going to exercise my right not to vote

I missed the part about Clinton encouraging violence, but I have seen Trump do it. Maybe you should be guided by the candidates rather than some incidents that aren't connected to them.
    Biden just threatened to fight Trump. It's hard to encourage violence more then that.
    Really more than Trumps campaign rallies where he encouraged people to punch out the protesters I'd say he still holds the lead in that dept !
    Besides, Biden didn't threaten anything. He just said he wished he were in high school so he could fight him. That isn't even close to a threat.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,146
    BS44325 said:

pjalive21 said:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/27/us/politics/trump-star-on-hollywood-walk-of-fame-is-smashed.html?_r=0

Just more tolerance being shown from the open armed left leaning liberals....who are the deplorable now? 3 incidents of destruction of GOP property, Clinton and her team encouraging violence against Trump supportes, now this

seriously the more im reading and witnessing the more my vote will go to this man....was originally going to exercise my right not to vote

I missed the part about Clinton encouraging violence, but I have seen Trump do it. Maybe you should be guided by the candidates rather than some incidents that aren't connected to them.
    Biden just threatened to fight Trump. It's hard to encourage violence more then that.
    he did not. he was asked if he'd like to debate him, and he said "I wish we were in high school so I could take him behind the gym". he's disgusted by trump's sexual assault accusations and trump's response to it.

while biden's comments are far from appropriate, especially for a VP, he in no way threatened him or incited violence. gimme a break.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,833

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

that was a good read and very true...although i always chuckle seeing Jon Favreau thinking it's the actor/comedian.

you see some of what he mentions in the local Toomey-McGinty race. Toomey just refuses to say yes or no whether he supports Trump. It's just bizarre. even when asked he doesn't give an answer.

i don't know what is going to happen with the Republican party but someone sane has to step up for them in the future for the good of all of us.
    ha, yeah, man. They couldn't really be more opposite.

The Toomey thing is so annoying. He is obviously voting for Trump but playing people for idiots. I really hope McGingy beats him.

Wasn't that what the last 8 years were supposed to be? Weren't they supposed to figure this out and find someone sane after all the Obama attacks, rise of Palin and the tea party? They ended up in a worse spot...
    I'm torn on the Toomey-McGinty race honestly. Demo here but something about McGinty I can't get behind. Maybe a residual from the whole Kathleen Kane disaster.

the republicans keep going deeper and deeper down the hole. does a national beat down change that course? i'm not sure. their agenda is so...has any party at any time been so far off on almost every social issue as the current republican party?
    I think there needs to be a referendum on the republican social policy, which Toomey is clearly very much behind. I do really like that McGinty is somewhat of an environmentalist. What does she have to do with Kane? Also, the non-answers on Trump are just condescending

The "Shady Katie" commercial is also the worst political commercial I have ever seen.

I don't see them self correcting. There are too many lunatics. If anything the far right splinters off somehow...
    This is how I see it going down -

First, the electing of a black president led to Trump, and now the electing of a woman president will bring....something worse.

Second, 25 years down the line there will no longer be a Republican Party - it will have gone the way of the 65 million year old, I mean 4.000 year old, dinosaur. I think you'll see the Dems split into two new parties - a more social, liberal party and a more fiscally conservative party.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

that was a good read and very true...although i always chuckle seeing Jon Favreau thinking it's the actor/comedian.

you see some of what he mentions in the local Toomey-McGinty race. Toomey just refuses to say yes or no whether he supports Trump. It's just bizarre. even when asked he doesn't give an answer.

i don't know what is going to happen with the Republican party but someone sane has to step up for them in the future for the good of all of us.

The Toomey thing is so annoying. He is obviously voting for Trump but playing people for idiots. I really hope McGingy beats him.

Wasn't that what the last 8 years were supposed to be? Weren't they supposed to figure this out and find someone sane after all the Obama attacks, rise of Palin and the tea party? They ended up in a worse spot...
    I'm torn on the Toomey-McGinty race honestly. Demo here but something about McGinty I can't get behind. Maybe a residual from the whole Kathleen Kane disaster.

the republicans keep going deeper and deeper down the hole. does a national beat down change that course? i'm not sure. their agenda is so...has any party at any time been so far off on almost every social issue as the current republican party?
    I think there needs to be a referendum on the republican social policy, which Toomey is clearly very much behind. I do really like that McGinty is somewhat of an environmentalist. What does she have to do with Kane? Also, the non-answers on Trump are just condescending

The "Shady Katie" commercial is also the worst political commercial I have ever seen.

I don't see them self correcting. There are too many lunatics. If anything the far right splinters off somehow...

First, the electing of a black president led to Trump, and now the electing of a woman president will bring....something worse.

Second, 25 years down the line there will no longer be a Republican Party - it will have gone the way of the 65 million year old, I mean 4.000 year old, dinosaur. I think you'll see the Dems split into two new parties - a more social, liberal party and a more fiscally conservative party.
    Typical leftist propaganda....

I dont know how much worse the democratic party can bring us Obama followed by Clinton the one, two, US knock out punch
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,742
    pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

I dont know how much worse the democratic party can bring us Obama followed by Clinton the one, two, US knock out punch
    That's because you're making a decision based on emotion and not facts.
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Enjoy the Minority Majority in a couple of decades. Also, enjoy Missouri for the rest of us - that way we don't have to.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

When people see fiscally conservative, what does that mean to them? Because to me, it means cutting taxes and ramping up the deficit.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,179

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out. If Clinton pulls off a landslide I think the GOP will fracture. The crazies (Limbaugh/Hannity/Levin/Infowars) crew will probably still exist but I don't think they will have the power that they did before. I think mainstream republicans will avoid them like the plague and start to move more toward the center.

I don't think Clinton will be as passive as Obama. I think she will call the douchebags like McConnell out for obstructing.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    edited October 2016

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Enjoy the Minority Majority in a couple of decades. Also, enjoy Missouri for the rest of us - that way we don't have to.
    Hey nothing wrong with Missouri minus the crazies in the backwoods between KC and STL....i live in a liberal city with a crime problem out of control and poverty thats pretty high...you think they would learn to stop electing democrats...racial separation is a problem as a line is drawn between the county and the city, but my generation and the one that is following (millennials??) are trying to right the ship by not being bigoted assholes, but thats another conversation i supposed

cost of living is nice and affordable and pay for decent jobs is good as well...i lived in New Hampshire for 3 years and frequented Boston often, enjoyed the east coast minuse the bombastic liberals and the awful weather

Edit: btw Philadelphia ranks in the top 3 worst for economic growth, ran by democrats...how is that working for you folks?
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out. If Clinton pulls off a landslide I think the GOP will fracture. The crazies (Limbaugh/Hannity/Levin/Infowars) crew will probably still exist but I don't think they will have the power that they did before. I think mainstream republicans will avoid them like the plague and start to move more toward the center.

I don't think Clinton will be as passive as Obama. I think she will call the douchebags like McConnell out for obstructing.
    This...to an extent.

The Fox News/Becks/Hannity/TELLS-IT-LIKE-IT-IS Tomi Lahren/Republican Party will be a smaller voice three decades down the line - we're entering a more diverse world and it's just a matter of time and math.

Once you take out the gun toting, anti-gay, anti-muslim, anti-pro choice, anti-woman hating peeps they're not a bad bunch.

And for the most part this is probably the large amount of registered Dems that a lot of the time vote Republican based on tax/fiscal policy; that's how I see this being a split of the Dem party and the death of the Elephant.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

When people see fiscally conservative, what does that mean to them? Because to me, it means cutting taxes and ramping up the deficit.
    To me it means having a say in how your tax dollars are spent. To others, you're right, that's another viewpoint. I like living in a civilized society, hence I gladly pay taxes.

My point being there will be - due to a divide in wealth and equity - a growing crowd that will fall more and more under the category of the other half: social/liberal as it'll be to their benefit.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

To me it means new spending must be met with equal spending cuts elsewhere or new taxes to balance out the new spending.

It also means raising taxes and cutting spending on existing appropriations to start eating into the debt.

Of course no republican will agree to tax increases so they really aren't fiscally conservative regardless if they label themselves as such.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

pjalive21 said:

Really more than Trumps campaign rallies where he encouraged people to punch out the protesters I'd say he still holds the lead in that dept !
    Well now that it's been proven that the protestors were paid by the Clinton campaign to instigate violence he was only advocating to give those protestors what they came for.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

pjalive21 said:

he did not. he was asked if he'd like to debate him, and he said "I wish we were in high school so I could take him behind the gym". he's disgusted by trump's sexual assault accusations and trump's response to it.

while biden's comments are far from appropriate, especially for a VP, he in no way threatened him or incited violence. gimme a break.
    No...Gimme a break. If Trump or Pence said that you all would be going ballistic.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

pjalive21 said:

Well now that it's been proven that the protestors were paid by the Clinton campaign to instigate violence he was only advocating to give those protestors what they came for.
    The Chicago shut down definitely was well orchestrated, which could have cost people's lives
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,146
    pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Hey nothing wrong with Missouri minus the crazies in the backwoods between KC and STL....i live in a liberal city with a crime problem out of control and poverty thats pretty high...you think they would learn to stop electing democrats...racial separation is a problem as a line is drawn between the county and the city, but my generation and the one that is following (millennials??) are trying to right the ship by not being bigoted assholes, but thats another conversation i supposed

cost of living is nice and affordable and pay for decent jobs is good as well...i lived in New Hampshire for 3 years and frequented Boston often, enjoyed the east coast minuse the bombastic liberals and the awful weather

Edit: btw Philadelphia ranks in the top 3 worst for economic growth, ran by democrats...how is that working for you folks?
    I know I'm in Canada, but the democrats here in Manitoba have ruined us for years. record deficit with crime out of control and infrastructure is crumbling. premier promised not to raise the provincial sales tax. what did he do? raised it. he got DESTROYED in the election last year. unfortunately he still won his local seat....in my riding.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Not only cherry picking, but saying corellation is causation (the worst logic on the internet). Crime and poverty is the fault of Dems? Sure.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

To me it means new spending must be met with equal spending cuts elsewhere or new taxes to balance out the new spending.

It also means raising taxes and cutting spending on existing appropriations to start eating into the debt.

Of course no republican will agree to tax increases so they really aren't fiscally conservative regardless if they label themselves as such.
    To me it means trickle down economics.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited October 2016

pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Not only cherry picking, but saying corellation is causation (the worst logic on the internet). Crime and poverty is the fault of Dems? Sure.
    i didnt blame any side in general, speaking here in St. Louis, a liberal city, with a high crime rate and poverty..but because i live here im in tune and well aware that Mayor Slay and those that have preceded him were liberals and under their watch nothing has gotten better in the city

1 Republican governor since 1993

1 Republican mayor since 1943
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

i didnt blame any side i just said that St. Louis is a liberal city, with a high crime rate, and poverty..but because i live here im in tune and well aware that Mayor Slay and those that have preceded him were liberals and under their watch nothing has gotten better in the city
    Multi-generational poverty is a very difficult thing to fix, especially when the industries that so many of the African Americans moved there for no longer exist. The cities would be in no better shape if republicans were in charge. It is such a stupid point made by Trump.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

i didnt blame any side i just said that St. Louis is a liberal city, with a high crime rate, and poverty..but because i live here im in tune and well aware that Mayor Slay and those that have preceded him were liberals and under their watch nothing has gotten better in the city
    Multi-generational poverty is a very difficult thing to fix, especially when the industries that so many of the African Americans moved there for no longer exist. The cities would be in no better shape if republicans were in charge. It is such a stupid point made by Trump.
    1 Republican governor since 1993

1 Republican mayor in St. Louis since 1943

Tho i agree with your general point its hard not to argue liberal policies have hurt my specific city...they have let big corporations leave from the city and take jobs with them and have brought no improvements to the city...they couldnt even keep a NFL team here, which cost hundreds of jobs for inner city folks

Ok we got derailed here i apologize
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Hey @Gern Blansten a post of yours about Google fiber from who knows when showed up in a "Nextdoor" post about Fiber here in Austin. Freaking random, but the name Gern Blaansten doesn't get any closer to your name on this forum! Weird, just thought I'd tell ya
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

pjalive21 said:

No...Gimme a break. If Trump or Pence said that you all would be going ballistic.
    Trump has been talking about hitting people regularly through his entire campaign, where have you been?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

pjalive21 said:

Trump has been talking about hitting people regularly through his entire campaign, where have you been?
    Yeah, really, lol.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

pjalive21 said:

He just want to Hit 'em with the Hein!
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    Wait, so Biden goes non PC and all the people who hate being PC are disgusted with Biden's non PC remark. I'm confused. lol
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,000
    eddiec said:

Wait, so Biden goes non PC and all the people who hate being PC are disgusted with Biden's non PC remark. I'm confused. lol

Haha, seriously!

“What he said he did and does is a textbook definition of sexual assault,” Biden said. “I wish we were in high school. I could take him behind the gym. That's what I wish.”

Obviously Biden is not calling Trump out for a fist fight. He said, "I wish we were in high school." Biden is talking metaphorically. We've all done that, said things like, "Why I could just strangle that guy!" You don't really do it. You don't go and strangle some guy. You're just pissed because the guy is a dip shit who is abusive to women or puppys or whatever.

Good on ya, Joe!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,476
    He will have to sweep the swing states and has to turn at least one blue state over to red in order for him to get close to 270 but even then he could fall short !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/303034-trump-aide-we-have-three-major-voter-suppression
    “We have three major voter suppression operations under way,” a senior official told Bloomberg News.
    The voter suppression methods reportedly are targeted toward idealistic white liberals, young women and African Americans — three blocs important for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

To target the first group, the Republican nominee has pointed to the leaked emails of Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman and the Democratic nominee's support for the Trans-Pacific Partnership to deter Sen. Bernie Sanders's supporters from casting their ballots, Bloomberg reported.

The women Trump has brought into the campaign who have accused former President Bill Clinton of sexual assault, meantime, reportedly were an effort to decrease the Democratic nominee's appeal among young women.

The GOP nominee and his campaign has also often cited Clinton's 1996 comments when she referred to some young black criminals as "super predators." Those references are the focus of an effort to discourage black voters who don't often vote from casting their ballots, according to the news outlet.

The Trump campaign is also delivering an animation involving Clinton's super predator line to certain African Americans on Facebook through campaign-targeted "dark posts" that are not public, Bloomberg reported.

"It will dramatically affect her ability to turn these people out,” the official said, referring to the three groups.

Still, the Trump campaign has garnered the support of "disenfranchised Republicans," according to Bloomberg.

“We knew how valuable this would be from the outset,” Brad Parscale, a marketing entrepreneur, told the news outlet. “We own the future of the Republican Party.”

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,596
    brianlux said:

eddiec said:

Haha, seriously!

“What he said he did and does is a textbook definition of sexual assault,” Biden said. “I wish we were in high school. I could take him behind the gym. That's what I wish.”

Obviously Biden is not calling Trump out for a fist fight. He said, "I wish we were in high school." Biden is talking metaphorically. We've all done that, said things like, "Why I could just strangle that guy!" You don't really do it. You don't go and strangle some guy. You're just pissed because the guy is a dip shit who is abusive to women or puppys or whatever.

Good on ya, Joe!
    Thanks for breaking that down Brian.
    However, the drumpf supporters can't seem to understand verifiable and believable facts. They certainly aren't going to see, read, and understand the truth you speak of.
This discussion has been closed.