Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

brianlux said:

Lima beans, cilantro and anchovies. It ain't gonna happen!

Michael Moore is convinced it could. He tweeted this morning Trump is polling higher than Hillary in key swing states.

Or he is just trying to promote Trumpland. Or he wants Trump to lose embarassingly.
    Moore doesn't want dems to become complacent. He wants to be sure dems get out and vote.
    Moore also knows that Trump is the only person speaking to the unemployed and those left behind in the industrial heartland. Moore lines up with Trump on trade and is at least being honest by admitting what the Democratic Party doesn't want to admit. These are real voters with real concerns and the democratic party dismisses them as stupid racists at their peril.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,742
    BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

Michael Moore is convinced it could. He tweeted this morning Trump is polling higher than Hillary in key swing states.

Or he is just trying to promote Trumpland. Or he wants Trump to lose embarassingly.
    Moore doesn't want dems to become complacent. He wants to be sure dems get out and vote.
    Moore also knows that Trump is the only person speaking to the unemployed and those left behind in the industrial heartland. Moore lines up with Trump on trade and is at least being honest by admitting what the Democratic Party doesn't want to admit. These are real voters with real concerns and the democratic party dismisses them as stupid racists at their peril.
    You're trying to discount a generalization about Trump supporters with your own generalzation about Trump supporters. Do you know how many jobs have returned to the Midwest? The generalization about Trump voters being uneducated bigots carries validity. Trump voters feeling like they're disenfranchised is less valid.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    It will be interesting to watch the down ticket races. It is one thing for Hillary to beat Trump. But the real test will be congressional races. Hillary winning doesn't mean anything except people didn't want Trump more than they didn't want her. Unfortunately, I'm sure she'll ignore her disapproval rating, and believe that her victory will give her some sort of mandate. The only way she should be able to claim a mandate is if she can help flip congress. Otherwise, she was just the lesser of two evils, and someone who people wanted in office as a caretaker until we can elect a leader people can rally behind.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,304
    that was a good read and very true...although i always chuckle seeing Jon Favreau thinking it's the actor/comedian.

you see some of what he mentions in the local Toomey-McGinty race. Toomey just refuses to say yes or no whether he supports Trump. It's just bizarre. even when asked he doesn't give an answer.

i don't know what is going to happen with the Republican party but someone sane has to step up for them in the future for the good of all of us.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

You're trying to discount a generalization about Trump supporters with your own generalzation about Trump supporters. Do you know how many jobs have returned to the Midwest? The generalization about Trump voters being uneducated bigots carries validity. Trump voters feeling like they're disenfranchised is less valid.
    No. I am specifically referring to the Michael Moore clip I linked to earlier and relaying his words to the topic at hand which is Moore's morning tweet.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/27/us/politics/trump-star-on-hollywood-walk-of-fame-is-smashed.html?_r=0

Just more tolerance being shown from the open armed left leaning liberals....who are the deplorable now? 3 incidents of destruction of GOP property, Clinton and her team encouraging violence against Trump supportes, now this

seriously the more im reading and witnessing the more my vote will go to this man....was originally going to exercise my right not to vote
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    pjhawks said:

that was a good read and very true...although i always chuckle seeing Jon Favreau thinking it's the actor/comedian.

you see some of what he mentions in the local Toomey-McGinty race. Toomey just refuses to say yes or no whether he supports Trump. It's just bizarre. even when asked he doesn't give an answer.

i don't know what is going to happen with the Republican party but someone sane has to step up for them in the future for the good of all of us.
    ha, yeah, man. They couldn't really be more opposite.

The Toomey thing is so annoying. He is obviously voting for Trump but playing people for idiots. I really hope McGingy beats him.

Wasn't that what the last 8 years were supposed to be? Weren't they supposed to figure this out and find someone sane after all the Obama attacks, rise of Palin and the tea party? They ended up in a worse spot...
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

It will be interesting to watch the down ticket races. It is one thing for Hillary to beat Trump. But the real test will be congressional races. Hillary winning doesn't mean anything except people didn't want Trump more than they didn't want her. Unfortunately, I'm sure she'll ignore her disapproval rating, and believe that her victory will give her some sort of mandate. The only way she should be able to claim a mandate is if she can help flip congress. Otherwise, she was just the lesser of two evils, and someone who people wanted in office as a caretaker until we can elect a leader people can rally behind.
    She and Obama are going pretty hard at the down ticket races. Will be interesting.
  • Options
    Trump now behind 4 in New Hampshire but within the margin of error (4.9)

http://monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/MonmouthPoll_NH_102616/

She was up by 9 in the same poll one month ago. All of these polls show a shift towards Trump but the question is whether it is too late.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,304

pjhawks said:

The Toomey thing is so annoying. He is obviously voting for Trump but playing people for idiots. I really hope McGingy beats him.

Wasn't that what the last 8 years were supposed to be? Weren't they supposed to figure this out and find someone sane after all the Obama attacks, rise of Palin and the tea party? They ended up in a worse spot...
    I'm torn on the Toomey-McGinty race honestly. Demo here but something about McGinty I can't get behind. Maybe a residual from the whole Kathleen Kane disaster.

the republicans keep going deeper and deeper down the hole. does a national beat down change that course? i'm not sure. their agenda is so...has any party at any time been so far off on almost every social issue as the current republican party?
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    pjalive21 said:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/27/us/politics/trump-star-on-hollywood-walk-of-fame-is-smashed.html?_r=0

Just more tolerance being shown from the open armed left leaning liberals....who are the deplorable now? 3 incidents of destruction of GOP property, Clinton and her team encouraging violence against Trump supportes, now this

seriously the more im reading and witnessing the more my vote will go to this man....was originally going to exercise my right not to vote

what happened to his wall?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

I'm torn on the Toomey-McGinty race honestly. Demo here but something about McGinty I can't get behind. Maybe a residual from the whole Kathleen Kane disaster.

the republicans keep going deeper and deeper down the hole. does a national beat down change that course? i'm not sure. their agenda is so...has any party at any time been so far off on almost every social issue as the current republican party?
    I think there needs to be a referendum on the republican social policy, which Toomey is clearly very much behind. I do really like that McGinty is somewhat of an environmentalist. What does she have to do with Kane? Also, the non-answers on Trump are just condescending

The "Shady Katie" commercial is also the worst political commercial I have ever seen.

I don't see them self correcting. There are too many lunatics. If anything the far right splinters off somehow...
  • Options

jeffbr said:

She and Obama are going pretty hard at the down ticket races. Will be interesting.
    Definitely. While the presidential race holds high entertainment and comedy value for me, these down ticket races are much more interesting and telling. And the Republicans are screwed there because their presidential candidate isn't out stumping for candidates in other races and in many cases those candidates don't even want his "help".
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,305
    jeffbr said:

I'm sorry, but if you win an election that does give you a mandate. Otherwise this is all for nothing.
  • Options
    dignin said:

jeffbr said:

I'm sorry, but if you win an election that does give you a mandate. Otherwise this is all for nothing.
    Sure and if a republican house and senate are elected then they have a mandate to check the president. That is what makes the obstruction charges of the last number of years so silly.
  • Options
    dignin said:

jeffbr said:

Right, she will absolutely be granted the authority to carry out policy changes, actions, etc... Perhaps I should have used an adjective in front of mandate. She won't be granted carte blache or be given a clear and overwhelming mandate to see any sort of grand vision to fruition. My point is that she will win by default, since she's the only sane one of the two. Winning by default is hardly a compelling mandate.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,742
    pjalive21 said:

I missed the part about Clinton encouraging violence, but I have seen Trump do it. Maybe you should be guided by the candidates rather than some incidents that aren't connected to them.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,513
    BS44325 said:

She was up by 9 in the same poll one month ago. All of these polls show a shift towards Trump but the question is whether it is too late.

RCP has her up 7. She's also up in Arizona which is fucking crazy.

As long as there are no wikileak email coming out showing that she straight up murdered someone, I think Trump can start devoting more time to his tv network now....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjalive21 said:

I missed the part about Clinton encouraging violence, but I have seen Trump do it. Maybe you should be guided by the candidates rather than some incidents that aren't connected to them.
    Biden just threatened to fight Trump. It's hard to encourage violence more then that.
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

BS44325 said:

^^^
    Listen.
    I don't know what you read but the article posted seems to have two different opinions.

It says the state level polling is more valid than national, and then makes good points as to why.
    Some new state polling

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-10-26/florida-poll

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/2016/Remington_OH_Oct_25th_2016.pdf

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/2016/Remington_PA_Oct_25th_2016.pdf

Trump up 2 in Florida, up 4 in Ohio, and only behind 3 in PA?!

The battleground states are close and Obamacare might get him over the finish line.

ONLY IF....he beats the message through till the end and shows clips upon clips of her supporting Obamacare as well as discussing it during interviews and sprinkle some more wikileaks convo in there and he may just pull this thing off

something also tells me we aren't done with the cherry on the top of what we will find out with the emails
    Ah yes, except there is absolutely NOTHING in this 70 year old man's life that would indicate this would happen. Even if he did, he'd still need a miracle.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjalive21 said:

BS44325 said:

^^^
    Listen.
    I don't know what you read but the article posted seems to have two different opinions.

It says the state level polling is more valid than national, and then makes good points as to why.
    Some new state polling

The battleground states are close and Obamacare might get him over the finish line.

ONLY IF....he beats the message through till the end and shows clips upon clips of her supporting Obamacare as well as discussing it during interviews and sprinkle some more wikileaks convo in there and he may just pull this thing off

something also tells me we aren't done with the cherry on the top of what we will find out with the emails
    Ah yes, except there is absolutely NOTHING in this 70 year old man's life that would indicate this would happen. Even if he did, he'd still need a miracle.
    Also.....I guess those polls aren't rigged....right? ha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Democrats really don't want to resort to violence, it's a game they'd lose.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,841
    unsung said:

Yeah sure. This seems like a grounded comment.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,179
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,145
    edited October 2016
    unsung said:

yeah, they aren't quite as experienced as the other side.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

BS44325 said:

RCP has her up 7. She's also up in Arizona which is fucking crazy.

As long as there are no wikileak email coming out showing that she straight up murdered someone, I think Trump can start devoting more time to his tv network now....
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

pjalive21 said:

what happened to his wall?
    I actually thought that was pretty funny
  • Options
    edited October 2016

pjalive21 said:

BS44325 said:

^^^
    Listen.

Some new state polling

Also.....I guess those polls aren't rigged....right? ha
    Not rigged, but heavily biased towards who is polled for sure

pjalive21 said:

BS44325 said:

^^^
    Listen.

Some new state polling

I agree...it going to take a pretty big late shift in order for him to win, but there is a shift happening

Clinton is spending more time raising money for the DNC than she is going out to the people, something that Trump has done really well...now where HRC is dominate is her ground game, where Trump has none

Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,476
    BS44325 said:

pjalive21 said:

Biden just threatened to fight Trump. It's hard to encourage violence more then that.
    Really more than Trumps campaign rallies where he encouraged people to punch out the protesters I'd say he still holds the lead in that dept !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.