Trump

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/liberty-university-students-break-with-jerry-falwell-over-trump-support

Students are smarter than their leader
    Students at the evangelical Liberty University are breaking with school president Jerry Falwell Jr. over his support of Donald Trump, issuing a statement Wednesday night saying “we want nothing to do with him.”

Claiming that Trump is “actively promoting the very things that we as Christians ought to oppose,” the statement from Liberty United Against Trump, which was obtained by The Washington Post, criticizes Falwell Jr. for tying the university’s name to a man who bragged about and is accused of sexually assaulting women.

“Any faculty or staff member at Liberty would be terminated for such comments, and yet when Donald Trump makes them, President Falwell rushes eagerly to his defense – taking the name ‘Liberty University” with him,” the statement reads.

“It is not enough to criticize these kinds of comments,” the students continued. “We must make clear to the world that while everyone is a sinner and everyone can be forgiven, a man who constantly and proudly speaks evil does not deserve our support for the nation’s highest office.”
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Not exactly encouraging when it comes to men and their values, is it? What gives? I say that as someone who likes men btw. But.... I don't know how to say it's extremely disturbing that the majority of men support Trump without sounding like I might be insulting men, sorry. Anyway, is this a commentary on something deeper? What's wrong with a society that causes the majority of men to support the likes of Donald Trump, even now?

It's not new. Men are cretins. Uneducated men are bigger cretins. That's his voting block right there.
    Ha. What a joke. "Men are cretins." It is exactly that kind of comment and/or belief that explains why the majority support Trump. No matter how we behave these days we are all just sexists, misogynists, rapists, blah, blah, blah. We* are so sick of this nonsense to the point when even a real jerk like Trump comes along we just don't care anymore.

*We clearly refers to the general population of men and not the subset of beta males on the AMT who are pretty unrepresentative of males as a whole.
    "beta males"? HAHAHAHA. that's rich.

I can agree with mrussel1's point, or the one I think he's trying to make. Males are sexual animals, like any other animal. their instinct is to eat, sleep, fuck.

But a "beta male" understands that females are equal, not to be conquered. we have evolved.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

mrussel1 said:

Holy shit, get a load of this one. This is it. Has to be. This is a People writer. It's going to be in every supermarket. It's absolutely devastating. He could lose his wife for this one. She was pregnant at the time. Just read it.

http://people.com/politics/donald-trump-attacked-people-writer/

the smoking gun.

www.headstonesband.com

mrussel1 said:

Holy shit, get a load of this one. This is it. Has to be. This is a People writer. It's going to be in every supermarket. It's absolutely devastating. He could lose his wife for this one. She was pregnant at the time. Just read it.

the smoking gun.
    It's funny to hear the Trump campaign say that we should ignore these since they happened so long ago yet they want to bring up Bill Clinton's shit from 30 years ago.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016
    So im a littler perplexed by some of these comments coming from you guys....

you say Trump supporters are afraid of minorities, so basically calling them racist but then you guys are pretty much being bigots by saying these people live an hour away from the city, preparing for end of times, and pretty much assuming by using stereotypes to describe people associate with being uneducated rednecks or whatever other label people use to beat around the bush to not sound just as bigoted as the people they are describing

this place is unreal sometimes

Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    pjalive21 said:

you say Trump supporters are afraid of minorities, so basically calling them racist but then you guys are pretty much being bigots by saying these people live an hour away from the city, preparing for end of times, and pretty much assuming by using stereotypes to describe people associate with being uneducated rednecks or whatever other label people use to beat around the bush to not sound just as bigoted as the people they are describing

A bigot is someone who holds in contempt another that has a different opinion. So if I'm practicing bigotry but holding in contempt Trump supporters who hold his immigration views, Judge Curiel views, objectifying women views, then so be it.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962
    pjalive21 said:

There's data that supports the idea that Trump supporters tend to be less educated, white males. They also tend to have less interaction with minorities. Now not all Trump supporters fit this, but that's where the stereotype is coming from.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    This should come as no surprise to anyone......

Trump’s D.C. Hotel Shows As Poll Sink, So Does His Brand

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/10/trumps-d-c-hotel-shows-as-poll-sink-so-does-his-brand.html

mrussel1 said:

the smoking gun.
    The guy's an admitted sex offender. I was shocked that anyone would vote for him in the primary. Now it's about 3 times more shocking that anyone would even consider it.

pjalive21 said:

There's data that supports the idea that Trump supporters tend to be less educated, white males. They also tend to have less interaction with minorities. Now not all Trump supporters fit this, but that's where the stereotype is coming from.
    And here's an interesting article around that same narrative, written by the liberal rag The National Review

https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2016-10-24-0100/trump-clinton-voters-education
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

mrussel1 said:

the smoking gun.
    The guy's an admitted sex offender. I was shocked that anyone would vote for him in the primary. Now it's about 3 times more shocking that anyone would even consider it.
    Recently the trend had been to vote against and not but for.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Trump supporters may want Donald to review this for round 3

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/8009

Hillary's huge debate prep book with Q&A (click attachments
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

the smoking gun.
    Recently the trend had been to vote against and not but for.
    I'm not sure what you mean. In polls with Johnson and Stein, Trump has only dropped a few points recently, and he seems to have stayed in the 38-41 zone. He's still maintaining with most of his supporters. Votes against Hillary would mean jumps for Stein and Johnson, except their numbers have dropped a little.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    JC29856 said:

Trump supporters may want Donald to review this for round 3

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/8009

Hillary's huge debate prep book with Q&A (click attachments

Yes, I am sure it would be a great use of time less than a month before an election to analyze how she prepped for debating Bernie Sanders 8 months ago...
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Not exactly encouraging when it comes to men and their values, is it? What gives? I say that as someone who likes men btw. But.... I don't know how to say it's extremely disturbing that the majority of men support Trump without sounding like I might be insulting men, sorry. Anyway, is this a commentary on something deeper? What's wrong with a society that causes the majority of men to support the likes of Donald Trump, even now?

It's not new. Men are cretins. Uneducated men are bigger cretins. That's his voting block right there.
    Ha. What a joke. "Men are cretins." It is exactly that kind of comment and/or belief that explains why the majority support Trump. No matter how we behave these days we are all just sexists, misogynists, rapists, blah, blah, blah. We* are so sick of this nonsense to the point when even a real jerk like Trump comes along we just don't care anymore.

*We clearly refers to the general population of men and not the subset of beta males on the AMT who are pretty unrepresentative of males as a whole.

I can agree with mrussel1's point, or the one I think he's trying to make. Males are sexual animals, like any other animal. their instinct is to eat, sleep, fuck.

But a "beta male" understands that females are equal, not to be conquered. we have evolved.
    "Alpha males" understand this as well they just don't lower their self-worth at the same time.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Trump is conceding Virginia essentially by pulling his campaign out of the state.
    Jason P said:

Trump is conceding Virginia essentially by pulling his campaign out of the state.

I saw that! Congratulations to my current home and adoptive state! We have come a long way from "Massive Resistance" to today's solidly blue state.
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

"Alpha males" understand this as well they just don't lower their self-worth at the same time.
    that's a pretty big leap. and a massive generalization on both side of the alpha/beta coin.

www.headstonesband.com

Jason P said:

I'm seeing the Alamo all over again. Trump's campaign will have to put everything they have in Texas to avoid a 538-0 electoral loss. :)

Jason P said:

I'm seeing the Alamo all over again. Trump's campaign will have to put everything they have in Texas to avoid a 538-0 electoral loss. :)
    You give Oklahoma way too much credit.
    mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

yeah he'll get a few...

• pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    Trump is going to lose Nevada, Virginia, and Arizona i think they said...throw in the towel...time to prepare for HRC

unreal America wtg....this is what we are left with :fearful:
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

yeah he'll get a few...
    Utah for sure. They'd vote for Osama if he ran republican.
    pjalive21 said:

Trump is going to lose Nevada, Virginia, and Arizona i think they said...throw in the towel...time to prepare for HRC

Obama's third term. Sounds good to me!
    mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

I'm thinking about writing him in.

JimmyV said:

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

question to americans: what is the point of writing someone in? is it essentially the same as a canadian spoiling their ballot? does someone track who gets written in?

www.headstonesband.com

edited October 2016

JimmyV said:

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

question to americans: what is the point of writing someone in? is it essentially the same as a canadian spoiling their ballot? does someone track who gets written in?
    Yes, they are counted and tracked. It's no different than selecting one of the names listed. You are just adding your own. Predictably it may prove to be popular this year:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/13/politics/google-searches-for-write-in-are-off-the-charts/index.html?sr=twpol101316google-searches-for-write-in-are-off-the-charts0317PMVODtopLink&linkId=29889212
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I would say at this point republicans should vote for Jill Stein instead of Trump. Gary Johnson will get 5% of this years vote. Why because Trump is going lose and lose big. If Jill Stein can get 5% of the vote I believe a third party can possibly be on the ballot for the next presidential election. Please correct me if im wrong. If im right this would be great for America to give citizens more and better choices for president.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I love how Trump supporters act like HRC becoming president is the end of the country as we know it...

peoples blind hatred of HRC actually has some of you folks thinking voting for Donald fucking Trump is a good thing... laughable
This discussion has been closed.