Trump

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

ah, he's just going to blame it on others; republicans for not being loyal, the voting system for being rigged, mike pence for who knows what, the media for being clintonites, etc etc. he won't ever concede defeat. never has, never will.

and then he and bill will go golfing and talk about p****.

Ha, I 100% believe this, and was saying the same thing to my wife last night. It looks like Trump and Clinton are feuding, but once this is over and Hillary wins they'll be wining and dining together, golfing, attending galas, etc...
    I don't think there is a chance in hell of that happening.
    Let's check back in 2 years. It won't happen in 2017, still too fresh. But after that, they're ultimately 1%er New York elites who socialize in the same circles. Bill will have a few drinks, and he and Donald will renew the warm friendship they've enjoyed over the past decades. Golf, cigars and Playboy bunnies will be the natural progression.
    Will Trump still be a darling of the NY social scene after this? I wonder and I'm not too sure. He's really damaged his brand in a lot of different ways. Net net, I think he comes out with more supporters than he had 2 years ago, but these supporters are not NY elites. They are people he will probably never see again, in states he will never visit again.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    edited October 2016
    mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

ah, he's just going to blame it on others; republicans for not being loyal, the voting system for being rigged, mike pence for who knows what, the media for being clintonites, etc etc. he won't ever concede defeat. never has, never will.

Ha, I 100% believe this, and was saying the same thing to my wife last night. It looks like Trump and Clinton are feuding, but once this is over and Hillary wins they'll be wining and dining together, golfing, attending galas, etc...
    Let's check back in 2 years. It won't happen in 2017, still too fresh. But after that, they're ultimately 1%er New York elites who socialize in the same circles. Bill will have a few drinks, and he and Donald will renew the warm friendship they've enjoyed over the past decades. Golf, cigars and Playboy bunnies will be the natural progression.
    Will Trump still be a darling of the NY social scene after this? I wonder and I'm not too sure. He's really damaged his brand in a lot of different ways. Net net, I think he comes out with more supporters than he had 2 years ago, but these supporters are not NY elites. They are people he will probably never see again, in states he will never visit again.
    He's fucked in that sense. Too many people hate him now, no business with anyone in their right minds running the show will have anything to do with him. Trump will now only be surrounded by a bunch of lunatics for the rest of his life IMO. He's going to really struggle after this is all over IMO. However, since people can't get enough of the shit show, he will probably still manage some kind of successful reality TV career, and will like do okay if he chooses to build up some kind of wacko media empire with his crazy buddies, like Breitbart and Ailes. But I don't think anyone besides the most loony-toon supporters he has now will ever take him seriously again.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

These people are still human beings. I think the Clintons officially hate Trump's guts by now, and things that have been said on both sides are completely unforgivable, even for Trump and the Clintons. I don't believe for a second that they will ever be friends again. Care to make it interesting? $5 CAD, so be won in 2018? ;):lol: In 2018, Trump will still be tweeting horrible stuff about both of them.
    You're on! :smiley: I would certainly hate Trump if I were running against him, but I really do think these elites are a different breed of people, and just as Hillary has stayed with Bill and reconciled a million times for her own career/political goals, the Clintons and Trumps will at some point decide they need each other for whatever reason.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

He's fucked in that sense. Too many people hate him now, no business with anyone in their right minds running the show will have anything to do with him. Trump will now only be surrounded by a bunch of lunatics for the rest of his life IMO. He's going to really struggle after this is all over IMO. However, since people can't get enough of the shit show, he will probably still manage some kind of hight successful reality TV career, and will like do okay if he chooses to build up some kind of wacko media empire with his crazy buddies, like Breitbart and Ailes. But I don't think anyone besides the most loony-toon supporters he has now will ever take him seriously again.
    That's right... but his old life? It's over. He's going to be running in some different circles now, and outcast from his previous one. That's what I think.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    I don't think this will change his life at all, at least not in the long term. the americas have a very short memory now. while he may be a pariah in the short term, in 2 years he'll be back to normal with the same people as always.

politicians at this level understand that most things are not off limits. anything goes. like athletes. they want to kill each other during the competition, but go out for a beer afterwards.

that being said, it all depends if he keeps tweeting his hatred of everybody or if he goes back to old donald.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• KatKat Posts: 4,840
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

The Trump Campaign Is Ready To Burn This Motherfucker Down

My friends, the Trump campaign has decided to go full Jared Leto joker. It’s all so very deeply... twisted.

Now that Paul Ryan has distanced himself from Trump as much as he possibly can without actually taking any sort of real stand, Donald Trump has apparently been give the green light to lose his goddamned mind

theconcourse.deadspin.com/the-trump-campaign-is-ready-to-burn-this-motherfucker-d-1787656589

This should be good...

omg I died laughing at that popcorn. Thanks.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

He's fucked in that sense. Too many people hate him now, no business with anyone in their right minds running the show will have anything to do with him. Trump will now only be surrounded by a bunch of lunatics for the rest of his life IMO. He's going to really struggle after this is all over IMO. However, since people can't get enough of the shit show, he will probably still manage some kind of hight successful reality TV career, and will like do okay if he chooses to build up some kind of wacko media empire with his crazy buddies, like Breitbart and Ailes. But I don't think anyone besides the most loony-toon supporters he has now will ever take him seriously again.
    That's right... but his old life? It's over. He's going to be running in some different circles now, and outcast from his previous one. That's what I think.
    But the fact that you both think (and I agree with you both) that there's a possibility that Trump will be teaming up with breitbart and Ailes to create a new network means that he will still be part of that NY elite crowd with media moguls, bankers, real estate developers, politicians, etc... There's advertising to sell, there's influence to be bought and sold, there's plenty of room for both Trump and Clinton around that scene.

What a funny, inconsequential tangent! At least this type of argument doesn't seem to generate too much heat.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

But the fact that you both think (and I agree with you both) that there's a possibility that Trump will be teaming up with breitbart and Ailes to create a new network means that he will still be part of that NY elite crowd with media moguls, bankers, real estate developers, politicians, etc... There's advertising to sell, there's influence to be bought and sold, there's plenty of room for both Trump and Clinton around that scene.

What a funny, inconsequential tangent! At least this type of argument doesn't seem to generate too much heat.
    Inconsequential...yes. Interesting...kind of. Could be worse. And you make a really good point about the business side of it. Trump's fans have eye balls so there is ad space to be had. It's a great point.
    jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

Well you have a point there.... I still think his crowd will have to change. I think he will actually remain blackballed by certain people, in both business and by celebrities. But you're right - people are fickle, and those with less pride will follow the money if there is any to be had. I think it will at least be a lower level of associates. I feel like Trump will more be relegated to the B-list section of the A-list at best, haha. I definitely don't think politicians will be as quick to forgive and forget though. I think Trump will remain political poison for the rest of his life.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016
    If Trump really thinks the shackles are off now then the next month could be more entertaining than it has been and we could get more "P***" drops before the election is over...where is Vince McMahon when you need him

He will come out of this election unfazed and still have his brand attached and more fans than ever...Trump isnt going anywhere cause money talks
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Lest we forget where the race stood 4 years ago, Huffington is reminding us that it was a statistical tie. It was very close coming down to election day and Obama's superior ground game won the election. Clinton has a similar game, whereas Trump has jack shit, particularly now that he's burning down the RNC.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Clinton's ground game is to sit back and watch Trump implode. She aint got no game.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    Jason P said:

Clinton's ground game is to sit back and watch Trump implode. She aint got no game.

i completely agree...now that i sit back and think about all this..its a true shit show and i think we have been watching reality tv for at least a year and come election day they are going to pull an opening bit from SNL and be like "Live from New York its Satruday Night!!!!!!!"
    Jason P said:

That's probably what I would do too.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Locker room talk, where guys get naked and shower together while talking about sexually harassing and abusing women. We've all done it.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    pjalive21 said:

If Trump really thinks the shackles are off now then the next month could be more entertaining than it has been and we could get more "P***" drops before the election is over...where is Vince McMahon when you need him

He will come out of this election unfazed and still have his brand attached and more fans than ever...Trump isnt going anywhere cause money talks

It's funny you mention McMahon, when I read that tweet my first thought was that he meant he would literally fight Clinton.
    I had this immediate image in my mind of him coming flying out on stage at the next debate with a folding chair and just bashing her and the moderators before it even started.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    JC29856 said:

Locker room talk, where guys get naked and shower together while talking about sexually harassing and abusing women. We've all done it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCCssEas6LE
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    Jason P said:

JC29856 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCCssEas6LE
    I'm glad some can see the humor in all this shit.
    I was never comfortable naked in front of other guys, I blame my mommies daddy.
  • PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

That's probably what I would do too.
    But also the DNC has the highly effective Obama ground game that is registering voters in Florida, for example, at a significantly higher rate than the Republicans, and gonna hand them most close states.
    Which is a very useful Plan B if Trump's twitter account gets blocked or he calms down.
    edited October 2016
    Can someone leak the latest FBI study to trump about terrorism? Instead of him making a bigger fool of himself, maybe it can penetrate the hair and makeup and reach his brain.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Thanks to Cinema Snob, I know that he gave Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas a great review. Another reason for him having no credibility.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    And some of you actual want this fucking idiot as your president. Thank God most Americans have some common sense.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place

And some of you actual want this fucking idiot as your president. Thank God most Americans have some common sense.

No shit....I keep repeating that on facebook. I'm glad there's enough people like me to protect people like them from people like Trump.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

No shit....I keep repeating that on facebook. I'm glad there's enough people like me to protect people like them from people like Trump.
    Facebook, I'm still on MySpace, maybe that's my problem.
    JC29856 said:

I'm still on Netscape.
    JC29856 said:

I basically block everyone that annoys me. My feed is basically just news and a few non annoying people.

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

I'm still on Netscape.
    Lol! That's great
  • KatKat Posts: 4,840
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.