Trump

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532

If I'm doing my math correctly, no Republican presidential candidate since at least 1996 will be voting for Trump. McCain, Romney, George W. (Safe to assume). If Dole doesn't, than we are going back to '88 because H.W. is a no as well!

Dole supports him. Not sure how.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016
    LA Times Poll just released (arguably the most accurate poll out there) has Trump up by over 2 percentage points while the MM is pushing HRC up by 11...MM like Fox and CNN after this election cycle will be dead when it come to being trusted if it isn't already

http://graphics.latimes.com/usc-presidential-poll-dashboard/
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    pjalive21 said:

LA Times Poll just released (arguably the most accurate poll out there) has Trump up by over 2 percentage points while the MM is pushing HRC up by 11...MM like Fox and CNN after this election cycle will be dead when it come to being trusted if it isn't already

How are you arguing that it's the most accurate poll? It has had Trump up by as many as 7 this whole season. It's weighting are very similar to Rasmussen, although not as R heavy. This is an almost daily poll, btw.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016
    mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

How are you arguing that it's the most accurate poll? It has had Trump up by as many as 7 this whole season. It's weighting are very similar to Rasmussen, although not as R heavy. This is an almost daily poll, btw.
    hence why I said arguably...I like the daily polls (now that's a personal preference)...lets get real until the election we aren't going to be sure of anything but I don't think the gap is 11 points...I don't have a dog in this fight but I just want to real clarity

pjalive21 said:

This is a bit old, but considering LA Times has had Trump ahead the whole race, it's probably generally accurate. 538 adjusts the polls to where it sees the demographics trends and you can see that they think 538 underweights Dem voters by 4 points. LA Times poll is the last one.

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    pjalive21 said:

correlation or causation?
  • The LA Times poll also states that the "who do you think will win" question is a better predictor of the eventual outcome. Hillary leads in every demographic in that category.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

The LA Times poll also states that the "who do you think will win" question is a better predictor of the eventual outcome. Hillary leads in every demographic in that category.

The more telling data would be the follow up question: why?
    edited October 2016
    pjalive21 said:

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

hence why I said arguably...I like the daily polls (now that's a personal preference)...lets get real until the election we aren't going to be sure of anything but I don't think the gap is 11 points...I don't have a dog in this fight but I just want to real clarity

I doubt the gap is 11 too. It's probably 9. Either way, that's a wipe out election if it holds. Trump's problem is that he did not earn one new vote Sunday night or yesterday. He is just feeding the beast... getting ready to launch the TV network.

Edit - I've been saying for a while that I think his floor is about 38. I think he'll be testing the floor this week. And if the rumored tapes get released, that floor will really be under pressure.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    pjalive21 said:

Someone found one of the only polls where Trump is ahead and chooses to believe that one is the most accurate. Then goes on to try and lie to us and say they don't have a dog in the fight.

You keep living in this fantasy and when the results come in on election night you will probably claim the election was rigged. Just like the Donald told you it would play out.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited October 2016
    dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

Someone found one of the only polls where Trump is ahead and chooses to believe that one is the most accurate. Then goes on to try and lie to us and say they don't have a dog in the fight.

You keep living in this fantasy and when the results come in on election night you will probably claim the election was rigged. Just like the Donald told you it would play out.
    And it's not a poll, it's a survey the leans heavily towards Trump supporters.

When properly adjusted by 538, it's Clinton by 3: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/national-polls/

C'mon people....

(also--no reasonable people argue this is an accurate reflection of the electorate)
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

When properly adjusted by 538, it's Clinton by 3: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/national-polls/

C'mon people....

(also--no reasonable people argue this is an accurate reflection of the electorate)
    Yeah, I know about how Nate Silver feels about the LA Times survey. He's brought it up a lot on his website and doesn't seem to be a fan of its methodology.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    saw a video by Keith Olbermann last night. Good god that dude is a blow hard. his over-outrage is exhausting. when he resorted to calling trump "Feurer Trump", he lost all credibility. he's the left wing glenn beck.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    dignin said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

C'mon people....

Yeah, I know about how Nate Silver feels about the LA Times survey. He's brought it up a lot on his website and doesn't seem to be a fan of its methodology.
    When Drudge regularly touts it's numbers and ignores every other more reputable polling.....that should kind of tip people off. No?
    www.myspace.com

saw a video by Keith Olbermann last night. Good god that dude is a blow hard. his over-outrage is exhausting. when he resorted to calling trump "Feurer Trump", he lost all credibility. he's the left wing glenn beck.

Yeah, he lost me years ago. He is Glenn Beck on the other side. They are just feeding their base red meat, regardless of context, measurement, reasons, etc.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524

Oh he is an over the top blowhard, but uses pesky things like facts and reason.

Beck doesn't use any of that because his audience doesn't want it.

So While they are extreme they aren't equivalent.
    Smellyman said:

Oh he is an over the top blowhard, but uses pesky things like facts and reason.

Beck doesn't use any of that because his audience doesn't want it.

So While they are extreme they aren't equivalent.
    this particular video had zero facts. it was all over the top nonsense.

www.headstonesband.com

• unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah, he lost me years ago. He is Glenn Beck on the other side. They are just feeding their base red meat, regardless of context, measurement, reasons, etc.
    I'd have thought you'd like Glenn Beck, he prefers your candidate.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/10/10/glenn-beck-electing-hillary-clinton-moral-ethical-choice/
    unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/10/10/glenn-beck-electing-hillary-clinton-moral-ethical-choice/
    That just shows you how universal and deep the contempt for Donald Trump really is.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

By that logic you must have liked Alex Jones because he prefers Ron Paul, right?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182

Reaction to republican leaders deserting the trumptanic....

https://youtu.be/VArZhGKp51w

HA LOL, I've seen that clip before but I prefer this version on the band Rush......

http://youtu.be/DpBWRJlbBCA

Btw this election is getting so exhausting, I'll need a vacation after it's over....I can't watch either one.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

pjalive21 said:

Yeah...my guess is that your reliability to interpret polls/surveys will be what is in question.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The Trump Campaign Is Ready To Burn This Motherfucker Down

My friends, the Trump campaign has decided to go full Jared Leto joker. It’s all so very deeply... twisted.

Now that Paul Ryan has distanced himself from Trump as much as he possibly can without actually taking any sort of real stand, Donald Trump has apparently been give the green light to lose his goddamned mind

theconcourse.deadspin.com/the-trump-campaign-is-ready-to-burn-this-motherfucker-d-1787656589
    Jason P said:

My friends, the Trump campaign has decided to go full Jared Leto joker. It’s all so very deeply... twisted.

Now that Paul Ryan has distanced himself from Trump as much as he possibly can without actually taking any sort of real stand, Donald Trump has apparently been give the green light to lose his goddamned mind

theconcourse.deadspin.com/the-trump-campaign-is-ready-to-burn-this-motherfucker-d-1787656589

This should be good...

This should be a comically stupid week we are all about to witness.
    mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

This should be good...

If he goes scorched earth I'm going to laugh

Video of Paul Ryan after the Trump tweet ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY
    Trump will be directly responsible for Hillary being the next POTUS. She should bake him a thank you cake.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Did trump really just say that the shackles have been in
    mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

This should be good...

What is his tweet in reference to?
    :rofl:

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.