Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,857
    edited September 2016
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

So Trump wants to humiliate Secretary Clinton before the election. I'm sure women will love that and he'll end up being President Trump, right?

It's Bill's mistresses and alleged rape victim who were humiliated and the question is how much did Hillary participate in that humiliation for the sake of her and Bill's political future. Millenials who may not have been aware of all this are waking up this morning and asking who is Juanita Broaddrick? Who is Gennifer Flowers? This isn't the 90's anymore. People rightful take the concepts of sexual abuse and the shaming of victims much more seriously now.

"Hey fellas have you heard the news? Oh yeah.
    The women in this town are being misused. Oh yeah.
    Yeah I seen it all in my dreams last night. Oh yeah.
    Girls leaving this town 'cause they don't treat em right-a. Oh yeah.
    I'll take a train. (take a train)
    Fly by plane. (fly by plane)
    They're getting tired. (getting tired)
    Getting sick and tired. (sick and tired)"
    Well Pence said on Fox this morning that she isn't coming. He's the adult evidently. That move would have alienated women even more.
    You bet it would have. As a woman I found the very suggestion offensive.
    But your vote (even if you could vote) is an unwinnable one. You would excuse any previous Clinton victim shaming as long as your candidate wins. Trump is going after this generation of women who don't tolerate victim shaming even if it occurred in the past.
    I'm not a Hillary supporter.
    The suggestion that Trump is doing anything for the benefit of women or is even capable of such is a huge fucking joke. He's a sexist pig.
    No idea why you are saying he is somehow against victim shaming or appealing to those who are.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,291
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

So Trump wants to humiliate Secretary Clinton before the election. I'm sure women will love that and he'll end up being President Trump, right?

It's Bill's mistresses and alleged rape victim who were humiliated and the question is how much did Hillary participate in that humiliation for the sake of her and Bill's political future. Millenials who may not have been aware of all this are waking up this morning and asking who is Juanita Broaddrick? Who is Gennifer Flowers? This isn't the 90's anymore. People rightful take the concepts of sexual abuse and the shaming of victims much more seriously now.

Well Pence said on Fox this morning that she isn't coming. He's the adult evidently. That move would have alienated women even more.
    But your vote (even if you could vote) is an unwinnable one. You would excuse any previous Clinton victim shaming as long as your candidate wins. Trump is going after this generation of women who don't tolerate victim shaming even if it occurred in the past.
    My guess is this generation of women care about choice, affordable healthcare and the ability to marry who you want. Which candidate offers that? Just look at SCOTUS lists by each and you'll know.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

The suggestion that Trump is doing anything for the benefit of women or is even capable of such is a huge fucking joke. He's a sexist pig.
    No idea why you are saying he is somehow against victim shaming or appealing to those who are.
    People just aren't buying it. Over the years he has been a strong employer of women and placed them in positions of power both in his business and his campaign.
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

People just aren't buying it. Over the years he has been a strong employer of women and placed them in positions of power both in his business and his campaign.
    Clinton leads women by 20 points in the latest wash po demographic assessment. ....just not buying it, eh?

Https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/the-demographic-groups-fueling-the-election/
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Interesting... you're correct, many women in trumps camp, upper level too.
    JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Interesting... you're correct, many women in trumps camp, upper level too.
    Yeah interesting point belied by data.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Trumps supporters won't even believe his own words. The cognitive dissonance of Trump supporters is astounding.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/donald-trump-sexism-tracker-every-offensive-comment-in-one-place/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/18-real-things-donald-trump-has-said-about-women_us_55d356a8e4b07addcb442023

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Ha! Yeah, he is just so respectful of women, lol. My guess is that he likes employing women because he can pay them less and thinks he can control them easier.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_55d356a8e4b07addcb442023

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/donald-trump-sexism-tracker-every-offensive-comment-in-one-place/

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/ex-trump-employee-speaks-out-on-his-treatment-of-women-20160329

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2016/06/04/donald-trump-campaign-pays-women-less-than-men/VIu0v2MUJiHqhvc5C0W5dO/story.html

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I'm pretty certain the "mirrors" ad that was put out this week shows Trump's true feelings towards women. Regardless of what role he says he has given women in his business world, it's crystal clear that he's a pig.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Clinton leads women by 20 points in the latest wash po demographic assessment. ....just not buying it, eh?

Https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/the-demographic-groups-fueling-the-election/
    We'll see if that number holds up come election day. McCain lost women by 14 so that is definitely below standard for a republican but not unexpected considering we have the first female presidential candidate in history. There's no evidence however that the 6 point bump in numbers are related to Trump's behaviour as opposed to the historical significance of the Clinton candidacy. Either way she will need a gender gap that large to win. A McCain level gender gap might not cut it because she is doing poorly in so many other areas.
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Ha! Yeah, he is just so respectful of women, lol. My guess is that he likes employing women because he can pay them less and thinks he can control them easier.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/ex-trump-employee-speaks-out-on-his-treatment-of-women-20160329

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2016/06/04/donald-trump-campaign-pays-women-less-than-men/VIu0v2MUJiHqhvc5C0W5dO/story.html

It looks like Clinton was no champion of women's pay either...

http://ijr.com/2015/02/257200-hillary-clinton-paid-female-staff-28-percent-less-men/

That being said she doesn't have a long history of actually employing anyone so can we really fault her
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

We'll see if that number holds up come election day. McCain lost women by 14 so that is definitely below standard for a republican but not unexpected considering we have the first female presidential candidate in history. There's no evidence however that the 6 point bump in numbers are related to Trump's behaviour as opposed to the historical significance of the Clinton candidacy. Either way she will need a gender gap that large to win. A McCain level gender gap might not cut it because she is doing poorly in so many other areas.
    Everything you said above is true, but it directly contradicts your point before saying "women aren't buying it".

Where is she under-performing Obama meaningfully?
    Blacks? No
    Hispanics? No
    Women? No
    People with a college education? Hell no, she is beating the crap out of historical GOP advantage
    Young people? Yes, but they aren't going to Trump.
    White men without a college education? Same as always for the Democrats. Good luck with that core demographic.

She's positioned well. It will come down to the ground game. You can already see people fleeing the 3rd parties. This will turn into a standard election.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,538
    Let's see, who is more feminist, Trump or Hillary? Hmmm. I don't know. Tough one. I'll get back to you guys.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

http://ijr.com/2015/02/257200-hillary-clinton-paid-female-staff-28-percent-less-men/

That being said she doesn't have a long history of actually employing anyone so can we really fault her
    I thought we talking about Trump.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Everything you said above is true, but it directly contradicts your point before saying "women aren't buying it".

Blacks? No
    Hispanics? No
    Women? No
    People with a college education? Hell no, she is beating the crap out of historical GOP advantage
    White men without a college education? Same as always for the Democrats. Good luck with that core demographic.

She's positioned well. It will come down to the ground game. You can already see people fleeing the 3rd parties. This will turn into a standard election.
    You need to read the crosstabs of this

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clinton-trump-race-narrows-doorstep-debates-poll/story?id=42313593

Trump is absolutely crushing Hillary among non-college educated white men by an astounding 59 points. That is almost twice as much as Romney. Trump is also beating Hillary among non-college educated Women by about 10 points. Read that again...he is beating her in a certain category of women....these women aren't buying it. These numbers certainly don't settle his over all problem with women but in the states which are battlegrounds he might be doing well enough in the population he needs to win. It's one of the reasons that Ohio is not even being contested by Clinton anymore.
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Yes. I believe we were comparing who has hired and/or paid women more over the years. We also were discussing how according to you and the democratic party that Mark Cuban the man is legitimate while Gennifer Flowers the woman is not. I guess in this conversation it is I who am with her!
  • BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Blacks? No
    Hispanics? No
    Women? No

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clinton-trump-race-narrows-doorstep-debates-poll/story?id=42313593

Trump is absolutely crushing Hillary among non-college educated white men by an astounding 59 points. That is almost twice as much as Romney. Trump is also beating Hillary among non-college educated Women by about 10 points. Read that again...he is beating her in a certain category of women....these women aren't buying it. These numbers certainly don't settle his over all problem with women but in the states which are battlegrounds he might be doing well enough in the population he needs to win. It's one of the reasons that Ohio is not even being contested by Clinton anymore.
    Non college educated white voters (male and female) have a tendency to vote Republican historically.
    edited September 2016

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Blacks? No
    Hispanics? No
    Women? No

Non college educated white voters (male and female) have a tendency to vote Republican historically.
    Correct but not with this level of disparity. Like I said...I believe Romney only won men by 30 points and Trump is winning them by 59. That difference will matter in western Pennsylvania. The question is can it rise above his weaknesses in other areas.
  • BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Yes. I believe we were comparing who has hired and/or paid women more over the years. We also were discussing how according to you and the democratic party that Mark Cuban the man is legitimate while Gennifer Flowers the woman is not. I guess in this conversation it is I who am with her!
    There is no equivalence between Cuban and Flowers.
    Maybe the Clinton camp should invite one of his first two wives...that he cheated on and sit them front row? No? Because that'd be fucking dumb. This whole thing is dumb. Having Cuban...dumb. Raising it to Flowers? Absolutely childish.

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

There is no equivalence between Cuban and Flowers.
    Maybe the Clinton camp should invite one of his first two wives...that he cheated on and sit them front row? No? Because that'd be fucking dumb. This whole thing is dumb. Having Cuban...dumb. Raising it to Flowers? Absolutely childish.
    Both equivalent. Both dumb. The only difference is the Clinton supporters crying about it.
  • Christ man. Be a fucking human.
    A guy who didn't endorse you IS NOT equivalent to bringing in a woman your husband had a 12 year affair with.

Christ man. Be a fucking human.
    A guy who didn't endorse you IS NOT equivalent to bringing in a woman your husband had a 12 year affair with.

She is not being brought....she is choosing to come after being extended an invitation. Juanita Broadrick has requested to come. Kathleen Wiley would also like to come. These women want to attend on behalf of all the women Bill Clinton treated poorly and allegedly raped over the years and who Hillary Clinton shamed for previously speaking out. They deserve more attention then a man who didn't endorse Trump. You be the human.
    edited September 2016
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Blacks? No
    Hispanics? No
    Women? No

It's what I just said. Yes, Trump is winning non-educated white males by a larger margin. Congratulations, he must be proud and the GOP must be proud because Lord knows that white guys without an education are the future of the country. That's where we will survive and thrive in the future! Are there enough uneducated white guys to win an election? I sure as hell hope not for about 30 reasons that have nothing to do with Trump.

Edit: But the point you were making is still wrong. You said "Women aren't buying it" and you somehow try to justify your point by clawing out a segment. But Trump is losing by 20 points overall. So yeah, great. You proved that white women without a degree are voting just like their uneducated husbands (see Freakonomics to understand that comment). But he's still down by 20.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    BS44325 said:

Christ man. Be a fucking human.

She is not being brought....she is choosing to come after being extended an invitation. Juanita Broadrick has requested to come. Kathleen Wiley would also like to come. These women want to attend on behalf of all the women Bill Clinton treated poorly and allegedly raped over the years and who Hillary Clinton shamed for previously speaking out. They deserve more attention then a man who didn't endorse Trump. You be the human.
    But she wasn't invited and isn't coming. Why are you talking about this?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/25/politics/presidential-debate-preview-2016/index.html
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Blacks? No
    Hispanics? No
    Women? No

It's what I just said. Yes, Trump is winning non-educated white males by a larger margin. Congratulations, he must be proud and the GOP must be proud because Lord knows that white guys without an education are the future of the country. That's where we will survive and thrive in the future! Are there enough uneducated white guys to win an election? I sure as hell hope not for about 30 reasons that have nothing to do with Trump.

Edit: But the point you were making is still wrong. You said "Women aren't buying it" and you somehow try to justify your point by clawing out a segment. But Trump is losing by 20 points overall. So yeah, great. You proved that white women without a degree are voting just like their uneducated husbands (see Freakonomics to understand that comment). But he's still down by 20.
    Ha. You don't even try to hide your elitism! It's an amazing thing to behold...really. But I think it is still you that is actually wrong. Being down 20 is no great thing but "women" are not all the same and they don't all fit into one generalized category. If women could be pigeon-holed like you seem to believe then their attitude towards Trump's alleged "sexism" would be uniform. It is not though and for you to assume these ladies are too uneducated to know better is beyond the pale. Lastly In the battleground states that matter it is certain types of female voters that will come into play over others depending on location. College degrees will matter more in New Hampshire and urban areas of Pennsylvania while non-college degrees will matter in more rural areas. It really is fascinating to watch the democratic party...the party of women!...pigeon hole females as all being the same while completely brushing off non-college educated women at the same time. It is in fact these women who are hurting very much economically and that should be getting a significant amount of any candidate's attention. Hillary is writing them off at her peril.
    edited September 2016
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Blacks? No
    Hispanics? No
    Women? No

Ha. You don't even try to hide your elitism! It's an amazing thing to behold...really. But I think it is still you that is actually wrong. Being down 20 is no great thing but "women" are not all the same and they don't all fit into one generalized category. If women could be pigeon-holed like you seem to believe then their attitude towards Trump's alleged "sexism" would be uniform. It is not though and for you to assume these ladies are too uneducated to know better is beyond the pale. Lastly In the battleground states that matter it is certain types of female voters that will come into play over others depending on location. College degrees will matter more in New Hampshire and urban areas of Pennsylvania while non-college degrees will matter in more rural areas. It really is fascinating to watch the democratic party...the party of women!...pigeon hole females as all being the same while completely brushing off non-college educated women at the same time. It is in fact these women who are hurting very much economically and that should be getting a significant amount of any candidate's attention. Hillary is writing them off at her peril.
    Do you think I'm saying Clinton is going to win women 100%-0%? Of course not all women are the same, but we are talking about demographics and therefore generalities. So wining by 20 points is substantial. If the Obama coalition mostly holds, it's game over. Don't forget that the Romney election was close in the polls all the way until election day. I have no doubt this will be the same. Like I keep saying, this is a conventional election.

And yeah, you can call me elitist. I don't care.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Blacks? No
    Hispanics? No
    Women? No

Do you think I'm saying Clinton is going to win women 100%-0%? Of course not all women are the same, but we are talking about demographics and therefore generalities. So wining by 20 points is substantial. If the Obama coalition mostly holds, it's game over. Don't forget that the Romney election was close in the polls all the way until election day. I have no doubt this will be the same. Like I keep saying, this is a conventional election.

And yeah, you can call me elitist. I don't care.
    Ha. Fair enough on the elitism. I agree with you on both the conventional election and Obama coalition points though. Where I diverge is that in a conventional election the party that has been in power for 8 years tends to lose. And in terms of the Obama coalition holding Trump is right now defying expectations and is actually doing better then Romney with both blacks and hispanics. Can the Obama coaliton hold without Obama? If it does then you're right...game over.
  • I think the Obama coalition will hold true on Election Day. I think that's only true though because of how poor of a candidate the Republicans chose in Donald Trump- especially against a weak candidate like Hillary Clinton.
    I think the more moderate members of the Obama voters who are staying with Clinton could have been swayed to a sensible GOP candidate. If this were Clinton/Romney...the big swing that we typically see after 8 years of one party in the White House would probably take place. This year though with these candidates? I just don't see that happening.

I think the Obama coalition will hold true on Election Day. I think that's only true though because of how poor of a candidate the Republicans chose in Donald Trump- especially against a weak candidate like Hillary Clinton.
    I think the more moderate members of the Obama voters who are staying with Clinton could have been swayed to a sensible GOP candidate. If this were Clinton/Romney...the big swing that we typically see after 8 years of one party in the White House would probably take place. This year though with these candidates? I just don't see that happening.

Oh? Is Romney sensible now? The same Romney who the 80's called and asked for their foreign policy back? The same Romney with the binders full of women? The one with the dog on his roof? The one who gave a woman cancer? I love how every GOP candidate is "sensible" except when they are the actual candidate. This line I definitely am not buying. If John Kasich was the candidate you would all be calling him Hitler right now just like evey GOP candidate since the end of WWII.
  • Ok, ok. Instead of saying "sensible" about how other candidates would win this election, I'll just say "anyone other than this fucking nut".
    And I absolutely would have considered voting for Kasich. Absolutely.
This discussion has been closed.