Trump

Comments

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,934

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

eddiec said:

pjalive21 said:

Ted Cruz has officially endorsed Trump....I think the rest follow and its over for Hillary in November

just my 2 cents...don't kill the messenger

I don't like him but I thought he at least had a spine for not endorsing Trump. Now I know he's gutless and I dislike him even more.

Possibly the only positive thing out of this election is that you no longer have to lie about how much you believe in God to be elected President.

yeah im completely shocked he did this...he must have been promised a SCOTUS seat

He's trying to save his political career, now that the election looks like it's going to be close. At the convention he gambled the Trump was gonna lose uuuuuuuuuugggggeeeee!

There's no way this election is going to be close- the media is making it dramatic. Women and minorities are going to make it a landslide for Hillary. Sad that minorities are cool with prolonging the same empty promises and crappy treatment they've had in their democratic cities for a while now, and women will want to vote female- I probably would if I was a woman- but trumps going to get demolished and then talk about how the system is rigged on his talk show on fox for the following 6 months until they cancel his show
    They sure as hell don't have a chance with the GOP. Of course they will vote democrat.
    Of course they will, they've been duped into believing the party is for them. It's worked so far, just look at all the dem led cities, should be easy to find, they're the ones all over the news for looting, rioting and unrest. Better keep doing what's been not working!
    This is always a bad attempted at trying to make a correlation a causation. There's many dem led cities that are doing very well.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,291

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

eddiec said:

pjalive21 said:

Ted Cruz has officially endorsed Trump....I think the rest follow and its over for Hillary in November

I don't like him but I thought he at least had a spine for not endorsing Trump. Now I know he's gutless and I dislike him even more.

Possibly the only positive thing out of this election is that you no longer have to lie about how much you believe in God to be elected President.

yeah im completely shocked he did this...he must have been promised a SCOTUS seat

He's trying to save his political career, now that the election looks like it's going to be close. At the convention he gambled the Trump was gonna lose uuuuuuuuuugggggeeeee!

There's no way this election is going to be close- the media is making it dramatic. Women and minorities are going to make it a landslide for Hillary. Sad that minorities are cool with prolonging the same empty promises and crappy treatment they've had in their democratic cities for a while now, and women will want to vote female- I probably would if I was a woman- but trumps going to get demolished and then talk about how the system is rigged on his talk show on fox for the following 6 months until they cancel his show
    They sure as hell don't have a chance with the GOP. Of course they will vote democrat.
    Of course they will, they've been duped into believing the party is for them. It's worked so far, just look at all the dem led cities, should be easy to find, they're the ones all over the news for looting, rioting and unrest. Better keep doing what's been not working!
    This is always a bad attempted at trying to make a correlation a causation. There's many dem led cities that are doing very well.
    The economic differences between the rural and urban are stark. Check out the graph in this wash pro article. You can find lots of stories and data just like it. Perhaps the smaller towns should start emulating the big cities a bit more.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/11/18/big-cities-are-dominating-the-economic-recovery-leaving-much-of-america-behind/
    mrussel1 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

eddiec said:

pjalive21 said:

The economic differences between the rural and urban are stark. Check out the graph in this wash pro article. You can find lots of stories and data just like it. Perhaps the smaller towns should start emulating the big cities a bit more.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/11/18/big-cities-are-dominating-the-economic-recovery-leaving-much-of-america-behind/
    And rural counties are often very red and high level users of public assistance.
    edited September 2016

mrussel1 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

eddiec said:

pjalive21 said:

And rural counties are often very red and high level users of public assistance.
    Exactly...look at the number of people on disability and public assistance in WV and the rampant fraud committed there. And yet, the deepest of reds.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    mrussel1 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

eddiec said:

pjalive21 said:

Are you saying rural areas are having more economic success than urban areas?
    No, not at all. I was saying pretty much what this article was also from a month ago

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-urban-unrest-kass-0821-20160819-column.html
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

eddiec said:

pjalive21 said:

Why are you talking about local politics in a federal politics thread? One really has very little to nothing to do with the other in any practical way. But also, is that true?? Where are you getting your statistics on that? Can i see your source for the relation between crime and city or state government parties?
    Sorry just saw this. I don't have time to look up stats right now but the article
    I posted above http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-urban-unrest-kass-0821-20160819-column.html
    gets into it.

PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

eddiec said:

pjalive21 said:

Why are you talking about local politics in a federal politics thread? One really has very little to nothing to do with the other in any practical way. But also, is that true?? Where are you getting your statistics on that? Can i see your source for the relation between crime and city or state government parties?
    Sorry just saw this. I don't have time to look up stats right now but the article
    I posted above http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-urban-unrest-kass-0821-20160819-column.html
    gets into it.
    I don't see any stats in the article, it's an opinion piece with bad logic and faulty correlations, with a conclusion about tax cuts and school vouchers. Maybe the author had a control city where he was able to test his theory out against the so called welfare state and dem run cities? This city apparently is republican run and no one is on public assistance.

mrussel1 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

eddiec said:

pjalive21 said:

No, not at all. I was saying pretty much what this article was also from a month ago

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-urban-unrest-kass-0821-20160819-column.html
    It's an opinion article devoid of any information. The solution is school choice and cutting taxes? Regardless, he is not pointing to a problem overall in our big cities. It's a problem of inequality that affects a small but important segment of society. Conservative solutions aren't the way. Look at Sam Brownbacks failed experiment in Kasnas. He has turned an entire state into an economic train wreck.
    edited September 2016
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

eddiec said:

pjalive21 said:

It's an opinion article devoid of any information. The solution is school choice and cutting taxes? Regardless, he is not pointing to a problem overall in our big cities. It's a problem of inequality that affects a small but important segment of society. Conservative solutions aren't the way. Look at Sam Brownbacks failed experiment in Kasnas. He has turned an entire state into an economic train wreck.
    Hey it's up to you guys whether you see it one way or another. The fact he is trying to make is that when you take the locations where there's been rioting looting and chaos and look for a common denominator, it's that they're all democrat governed. That's how I read it. As with anything else it's debatable. Of course both parties have failed at things and had success with others elsewhere but I was pointing out the cities where this shit keeps happening. I do think I may have meant to post this in the dude got shot thread but I can't remember. I had a new baby last week so I can't say I've had a lot of sleep!

Edit damn autocorrect
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
  • mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

eddiec said:

pjalive21 said:

Hey it's up to you guys whether you see it one way or another. The fact he is trying to make is that when you take the locations where there's been rioting looting and chaos and look for a common denominator, it's that they're all democrat governed. That's how I read it. As with anything else it's debatable. Of course both parties have failed at things and had success with others elsewhere but I was pointing out the cities where this shit keeps happening. I do think I may have meant to post this in the dude got shot thread but I can't remember. I had a new baby last week so I can't say I've had a lot of sleep!

Edit damn autocorrect
    Which cities are those where it keeps happening? Boston, NYC, philly, DC, Chicago, San Fran,LA or Tulsa, St. Louis, pheonix, Cleveland, Cincy, Milwaukee, Dallas?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,857
    Very effective campaign ad on Hillary's part. I think it more belongs in the Trump thread though.

https://youtu.be/vHGPbl-werw

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited September 2016

PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

eddiec said:

pjalive21 said:

gets into it.
    I suggest you read more than one article while forming a belief system.
    I like you dude, you seem like a nice person who has thick skin and patience and you're pretty diplomatic .... but dang, I think maybe you are the one who's being duped.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • So Trump is threatening to bring Gennifer Flowers to the debate if Mark Cuban attends.
    Yeah because bringing a guy who has called out your comments in the press is the same as bringing the other candidates spouse's mistress.
  • /\ it's also funny coming from the guy known to be quite unfaithful to his multiple wives.
    edited September 2016
    I don't think such things would really get to Mark Cuban anyway, would it? Cuban would probably find a way to turn it around on Trump. I am not a fan of Cuban starting to play politics at all, but at least he is way smarter and infinitely more reasonable than Trump. He's probably not going to let Trump play his petty little games to drag him down to Trump level.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't think such things would really get to Mark Cuban anyway, would it? Cuban would probably find a way to turn it around on Trump. I am not a fan of Cuban starting to play politics at all, but at least he is way smarter and infinitely more reasonable than Trump. He's probably not going to let Trump play his petty little games to drag him down to Trump level.

Cuban is being brought there to "get to" Trump and Flowers and/or Juanita Broaderick would be brought there to "get to" Clinton. I assume it would be hard for Hillary to declare herself a supporter of women's rights while her husband's alleged rape victim sits right in front of her. Either was I wish all of these people would stay home as they are just trying to make the election about them when it should be about the candidates. Cuban himself isn't any smarter or more reasonable and is equally as narcissistic but my guess is he gets your blessing because he happens to be on your side of the fight.
    edited September 2016
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Cuban is being brought there to "get to" Trump and Flowers and/or Juanita Broaderick would be brought there to "get to" Clinton. I assume it would be hard for Hillary to declare herself a supporter of women's rights while her husband's alleged rape victim sits right in front of her. Either was I wish all of these people would stay home as they are just trying to make the election about them when it should be about the candidates. Cuban himself isn't any smarter or more reasonable and is equally as narcissistic but my guess is he gets your blessing because he happens to be on your side of the fight.
    Gets my blessing? Gets my blessing for what? I don't want Cuban in politics. I specifically said that. Just because I stated the obvious - Cuban IS more intelligent and reasonable than Trump, come on man - it doesn't mean I am giving my "blessing" to anyone. :confused:
    Anyway, someone who has placed himself into the discussion like Cuban, and who the media has brought into the discussion for some real (if somewhat annoying) reasons, and who is a major public and financial American figure, is a LOT different than dragging out some lady someone fucked just to get under someone's skin, don't you think???? As for the alleged rape victim... well, obviously Hillary doesn't believe her husband raped anyone, so from that perspective it has no impact on her position as a supporter of women's rights, does it? If that accusation were proven and Hillary thought it might be true, then you'd have a point.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Gets my blessing? Gets my blessing for what? I don't want Cuban in politics. I specifically said that. Just because I stated the obvious - Cuban IS more intelligent and reasonable than Trump, come on man - it doesn't mean I am giving my "blessing" to anyone. :confused:
    Anyway, someone who has placed himself into the discussion like Cuban, and who the media has brought into the discussion for some real (if somewhat annoying) reasons, and who is a major public and financial American figure, is a LOT different than dragging out some lady someone fucked just to get under someone's skin, don't you think???? As for the alleged rape victim... well, obviously Hillary doesn't believe her husband raped anyone, so from that perspective it has no impact on her position as a supporter of women's rights, does it? If that accusation were proven and Hillary thought it might be true, then you'd have a point.
    I don't think it's any different. Cuban is attending to troll Trump and Flowers/Broaddrick would be attending to troll Clinton.

Here's some nuanced info on the alleged rape and Hillary's possible knowledge if you're interested along with not so nuanced witness accounts

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbaker/juanita-broaddrick-wants-to-be-believed?utm_term=.ihLXqOXVA#.yu8EyXElr
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/14/exclusive-witness-found-bill-clintons-alleged-rape-victim-recalls-mouth-swollen/

That's insane, of course there is a difference. One is about inviting Hillary's husband's ex-lovers just to rub her nose in that, whihc is not related to her candidacy at all. The other is about inviting a very public and politically outspoken figure often referenced as someone who may run for president himself someday and who has publicly endorsed Hillary, and probably donated to her campaign. It's ridiculous that you are trying to say the two are the same. The only reason Trump is bad about it is because Cuban abandoned him and his campaign and has spoken loudly about why he switched the Clinton. He can't handle being crossed. So his comeback is to say he'll invite someone Hillary's husband fucked???? And you think that's equal? Huh?
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Trump should invite all the women Bill harassed.

Trump should also keep a seat empty and put a picture of Seth Rich in it like they do for the Oscar prep.
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,827
    So Trump wants to humiliate Secretary Clinton before the election. I'm sure women will love that and he'll end up being President Trump, right?
    Falling down,...not staying down
    edited September 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

eddiec said:

pjalive21 said:

gets into it.
    I like you dude, you seem like a nice person who has thick skin and patience and you're pretty diplomatic .... but dang, I think maybe you are the one who's being duped.
    Thanks, I like you too, you know that. It's not about being duped though, it's about being able to appreciate people's beliefs that differ from yours. Someone who doesn't agree with you is not wrong, as you've casually suggested in several of your posts in these political threads, they just have a differing opinion, and that's ok. For a liberal it's supposed to be important to accept all walks of life, in fact that's one of the pillars of the ideology, to open your arms and accept. It's kind of baffling to read the closed off resentful and angry posts by the left leaners in here. Kind of reminds me of the videos I've seen of the reporter who was at a Clinton rally with a trump sign and he got punched and spit on but when he went to a trump rally with a Hillary sign people pretty much ignored him.

Also, don't you live in Canada? Why are you attacking and verbally abusing folks that are involved in politics that don't even include you? Not trying to be rude, just suggesting you should smoke a bowl of that BC and chill and worry about Canada instead of offering your judgmental opinions on issues that exist in another country.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Kat said:

So Trump wants to humiliate Secretary Clinton before the election. I'm sure women will love that and he'll end up being President Trump, right?

I would hope most women voters are intelligent enough to know that her husband humiliated her.
    edited September 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

eddiec said:

pjalive21 said:

gets into it.
    Thanks, I like you too, you know that. It's not about being duped though, it's about being able to appreciate people's beliefs that differ from yours. Someone who doesn't agree with you is not wrong, as you've casually suggested in several of your posts in these political threads, they just have a differing opinion, and that's ok. For a liberal it's supposed to be important to accept all walks of life, in fact that's one of the pillars of the ideology, to open your arms and accept. It's kind of baffling to read the closed off resentful and angry posts by the left leaners in here. Kind of reminds me of the videos I've seen of the reporter who was at a Clinton rally with a trump sign and he got punched and spit on but when he went to a trump rally with a Hillary sign people pretty much ignored him.

Also, don't you live in Canada? Why are you attacking and verbally abusing folks that are involved in politics that don't even include you? Not trying to be rude, just suggesting you should smoke a bowl of that BC and chill and worry about Canada instead of offering your judgmental opinions on issues that exist in another country.
    I said duped because you said people have been duped into believing the Democratic party is for them.
    Who am I attacking and verbally abusing??
    And yes, US politics affect me. Canadians have as much a right to discuss these issues as anyone, thanks. You think it has nothing to do with Canada? Really? Even if that were true, so? Many people in the world actually care about what happens in various places.

JC29856 said:

Kat said:

I would hope most women voters are intelligent enough to know that her husband humiliated her.
    And they stayed together. Isn't that what conservatives preach? Good times and bad, richer and poor, sick and in good health until death do us part?

Kat is right. That move isn't moving women towards Trump.
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

eddiec said:

pjalive21 said:

gets into it.

I said duped because you said people have been duped into believing the Democratic party is for them.
    And yes, US politics affect me. Canadians have as much a right to discuss these issues as anyone, thanks. You think it has nothing to do with Canada? Really? Even if that were true, so? Many people in the world actually care about what happens in various places.

I'm not going to go looking through the threads to find your comments, I really don't care enough to do that, but you certainly get worked up and get personal in this section, we all see it. And I didn't say you don't have a right to discuss it but you definitely don't have a right to get worked up to the point of personally telling people they're not thinking correctly and that somethings wrong with them. You have every right to follow along with what's happening here in the states but without a vote to make you really can't get judgemental and opinionated about what those who do think, that's just not right.
    What are the big cities in the US with a Republican mayor? It's a pretty small list. Miami? How many cities with GOP mayors are even big enough to have a professional sports team? The point is there is not correlation between the two.
    edited September 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

pjalive21 said:

eddiec said:

pjalive21 said:

gets into it.

I'm not going to go looking through the threads to find your comments, I really don't care enough to do that, but you certainly get worked up and get personal in this section, we all see it. And I didn't say you don't have a right to discuss it but you definitely don't have a right to get worked up to the point of personally telling people they're not thinking correctly and that somethings wrong with them. You have every right to follow along with what's happening here in the states but without a vote to make you really can't get judgemental and opinionated about what those who do think, that's just not right.
    I am actually one of the least emotional posters here, and I know that you won't find any posts where I verbally abuse someone. Whatever man, you are the one who said others are duped and then took offense when I said the same to you.

If someone says Trump stands up for regular Americans and fights the 1%, while he is the 1% and has a proven track record of screwing over regular Americans, of course I'm going to suggest that this person isn't using his reasoning skills. It's not personal, I just call it like I see it.
This discussion has been closed.