Trump

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

CROJAM95 said:

is the Godfather a real Italian, or someone who just worships organized crime?

Either way your at odds WITH yourself

If your an Italian-o , and Italian American at that. Your people have been vilified in the media as all having ties to organized crime, especially in the 1970's- 1990's....No sympathy for Muslims who may feel the same way? Ironic

and if your not an Italian American....then your just a fan boy of a culture of violence then. Just like every dumb ass in college has a SCARFACE pic hanging up....oh I'm against THUGS, but secretly I love that shit

I love how certain people think their shit don't stink, when in fact they are more inline with what they hate then they even know

Like ultraconservatives here in America are only missing a Beard, otherwise look in a mirror.....YOU GUYS STAND for a culture of repression, going back to an era that will never exist

Like Drumpf saying CROOKED HILLARY THIS N That...meanwhile he's the SLIM of ALL SLIM

Awesome stuff. I have said many times on here that his apparent worship of a criminal immigrant and his thoughts on immigration are just a tad hypocritical..
    it's just a screen name, folks.
    Still...
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309

CROJAM95 said:

If your an Italian-o , and Italian American at that. Your people have been vilified in the media as all having ties to organized crime, especially in the 1970's- 1990's....No sympathy for Muslims who may feel the same way? Ironic

and if your not an Italian American....then your just a fan boy of a culture of violence then. Just like every dumb ass in college has a SCARFACE pic hanging up....oh I'm against THUGS, but secretly I love that shit

I love how certain people think their shit don't stink, when in fact they are more inline with what they hate then they even know

Like ultraconservatives here in America are only missing a Beard, otherwise look in a mirror.....YOU GUYS STAND for a culture of repression, going back to an era that will never exist

Like Drumpf saying CROOKED HILLARY THIS N That...meanwhile he's the SLIM of ALL SLIM

Awesome stuff. I have said many times on here that his apparent worship of a criminal immigrant and his thoughts on immigration are just a tad hypocritical..
    Uh, what? Next you're going to tell me that you aren't singing for the Headstones anymore. Go ahead..ruin my day. It's the only reason I've agreed with any of your posts, cuz I thought you were famous.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    mrussel1 said:

CROJAM95 said:

Uh, what? Next you're going to tell me that you aren't singing for the Headstones anymore. Go ahead..ruin my day. It's the only reason I've agreed with any of your posts, cuz I thought you were famous.
    LOL

new headstones album spring 2017!!!
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Old buddies!

^^ Is he grabbing Bill's junk?
  • He sure as hell is
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773

CROJAM95 said:

and if I chose Hitler...would you think I'm enamored with him, or against him?

Yea its a movie......and its also funny how we look away at certain glorified violence vs another. The movie was fictional, but based on real things. I live in NY....the amount of people who would brag about my cousin this...my uncle that ( not all Italian, but wannabe's)....or the Mafia only messes with people who have it coming

I mean lets get real....Crime is crime. ISIS is an organization enriching itself with money, women, slaves etc.....the religious accept is a recruiting tool due to the region

That's why military action doesn't work.....but the FBI through being at it for years really took the mob down a bunch

Less bombs...more covert operations

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,869
    edited September 2016

I love when.......I guess we all have our limits and desires but trying to convince me about a peaceful religion that seems to make the news daily in a negative way just won't work for me.

Godfather.

I have never seen anyone be so willfully ignorant in my whole entire life. It's almost fascinating. GF, why are you incapable of understanding that Islamic terrorists and normal Muslims are two different things?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The debates should really be interesting ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    CROJAM95 said:

CROJAM95 said:

Yea its a movie......and its also funny how we look away at certain glorified violence vs another. The movie was fictional, but based on real things. I live in NY....the amount of people who would brag about my cousin this...my uncle that ( not all Italian, but wannabe's)....or the Mafia only messes with people who have it coming

I mean lets get real....Crime is crime. ISIS is an organization enriching itself with money, women, slaves etc.....the religious accept is a recruiting tool due to the region

That's why military action doesn't work.....but the FBI through being at it for years really took the mob down a bunch

cue the lazy hitler comparison.

it's a movie. loads of people loved it. comparing the worst mass murderer in the history of the planet to a character in a movie is just plain ludicrous.

www.headstonesband.com

CROJAM95 said:

CROJAM95 said:

it's a movie. loads of people loved it. comparing the worst mass murderer in the history of the planet to a character in a movie is just plain ludicrous.
    I love the movie too. 2 is one of my favorites. That said, you have to see he irony in a dude who rails against immigration having a criminal immigrant as his avatar, fictional or not.

CROJAM95 said:

CROJAM95 said:

I love the movie too. 2 is one of my favorites. That said, you have to see he irony in a dude who rails against immigration having a criminal immigrant as his avatar, fictional or not.
    no, actually, I don't.

www.headstonesband.com

CROJAM95 said:

CROJAM95 said:

no, actually, I don't.
    Well then...
    Marlon Brando is from Nebraska and has German heritage ... he was playing Italian-face!!!

:skull:
    edited September 2016
    And if David duke's Twitter avatar was shaft?
    ^^ Both of these comments are really funny!
    edited September 2016

CROJAM95 said:

CROJAM95 said:

no, actually, I don't.
    I can certainly acknowledge the irony, but it doesn't have any significance IMO.
    What does have significance is that GF isn't a Native American and I am going to assume that most or all of his family and friends aren't either, and yet he still holds this views about immigrants. That is what I find rather vexing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

CROJAM95 said:

CROJAM95 said:

no, actually, I don't.
    I can certainly acknowledge the irony, but it doesn't have any significance IMO.
    What does have significance is that GF isn't a Native American and I am going to assume that most or all of his family and friends aren't either, and yet he still holds this views about immigrants. That is what I find rather vexing.
    He is actually related to Chief Sleeps with the Fishes of the Luca Tribe.
  • Why is everyone so hell bent on the % of radicals? It's as accurate as the daily changing polls. The last 2 entire pages has been a messy, sticky debate with that thing called religion thrown in. Totally distracting from the real issue which is Trump. Trump said he would bomb the shit out of ISIS. Anyone have a problem w/ that? It's such a small percentage of the religion that it wouldn't take long to rid them right?
    Trump is not playing on peoples' fear he is combating the fear that ISIS is trying to maintain.
    As far as radicalized christian nutbars are concerned I am ok with them and see no need to wipe them out all you have to do is back away slowly with a smile and the problem is solved.
    Now I wonder how Trump is going to poll today....
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096
    edited September 2016

Why is everyone so hell bent on the % of radicals? It's as accurate as the daily changing polls. The last 2 entire pages has been a messy, sticky debate with that thing called religion thrown in. Totally distracting from the real issue which is Trump. Trump said he would bomb the shit out of ISIS. Anyone have a problem w/ that? It's such a small percentage of the religion that it wouldn't take long to rid them right?
    Trump is not playing on peoples' fear he is combating the fear that ISIS is trying to maintain.
    As far as radicalized christian nutbars are concerned I am ok with them and see no need to wipe them out all you have to do is back away slowly with a smile and the problem is solved.

I have a huge issue with this: it's called civilian casualties. Carpet bombing is definitely effective, unless you're trying to reduce the mass murder of innocents. You think they just throw ISIS-exclusive full moon parties in the desert, away from the general population?
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    edited September 2016

Why is everyone so hell bent on the % of radicals? It's as accurate as the daily changing polls. The last 2 entire pages has been a messy, sticky debate with that thing called religion thrown in. Totally distracting from the real issue which is Trump. Trump said he would bomb the shit out of ISIS. Anyone have a problem w/ that? It's such a small percentage of the religion that it wouldn't take long to rid them right?

What benjs said.
    Trump is championing nuclear proliferation for god's sake. I wouldn't support ANYTHING he said about military action. He doesn't know wtf he's talking about. He just wants to appeal to the thoughtless negative emotions of his voter base by saying stuff like he's going to bomb the shit out of ISIS. He's got visions of nukes and Putin dancing in his head. He's dangerous as hell and doesn't give a flying fuck how his comments negatively effect international relations.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Why is everyone so hell bent on the % of radicals? It's as accurate as the daily changing polls. The last 2 entire pages has been a messy, sticky debate with that thing called religion thrown in. Totally distracting from the real issue which is Trump. Trump said he would bomb the shit out of ISIS. Anyone have a problem w/ that? It's such a small percentage of the religion that it wouldn't take long to rid them right?

Yeah yeah keep the hate/war machine turning if you believe that by bombing them to hell will spell the end of factions like ISIS from popping up again your delusional, when we kill one of their leaders or soldiers that have family with sons and daughters they fall in line and just keep sprouting up this conflict won't end not in our lifetime...
    America's oldest College Republican chapter, the Harvard Republican Club, has released a statement about why, for the first time in its existence (founded in 1888) it won't endorse the Republican candidate.

Here’s the Harvard Republican Club’s statement:

Dear Members and Alumni,

In every presidential election since 1888, the members and Executive Board of the Harvard Republican Club have gathered to discuss, debate, and eventually endorse the standard-bearer of our party. But for the first time in 128 years, we, the oldest College Republicans chapter in the nation, will not be endorsing the Republican nominee.

Donald Trump holds views that are antithetical to our values not only as Republicans, but as Americans. The rhetoric he espouses –from racist slander to misogynistic taunts– is not consistent with our conservative principles, and his repeated mocking of the disabled and belittling of the sacrifices made by prisoners of war, Gold Star families, and Purple Heart recipients is not only bad politics, but absurdly cruel.

If enacted, Donald Trump’s platform would endanger our security both at home and abroad. Domestically, his protectionist trade policies and draconian immigration restrictions would enlarge our federal deficit, raise prices for consumers, and throw our economy back into recession. Trump’s global outlook, steeped in isolationism, is considerably out-of-step with the traditional Republican stance as well. The flippancy with which he is willing to abdicate the United States’ responsibility to lead is alarming. Calling for the US’ withdrawal from NATO and actively endorsing nuclear proliferation, Donald Trump’s foreign policy would wreak havoc on the established world order which has held aggressive foreign powers in check since World War II.

Perhaps most importantly, however, Donald Trump simply does not possess the temperament and character necessary to lead the United States through an increasingly perilous world. The last week should have made obvious to all what has been obvious to most for more than a year. In response to any slight –perceived or real– Donald Trump lashes out viciously and irresponsibly. In Trump’s eyes, disagreement with his actions or his policies warrants incessant name calling and derision: stupid, lying, fat, ugly, weak, failing, idiot –and that’s just his “fellow” Republicans.

He isn’t eschewing political correctness. He is eschewing basic human decency.

Donald Trump, despite spending more than a year on the campaign trail, has either refused or been unable to educate himself on issues that matter most to Americans like us. He speaks only in platitudes, about greatness, success, and winning. Time and time again, Trump has demonstrated his complete lack of knowledge on critical matters, meandering from position to position over the course of the election. When confronted about these frequent reversals, Trump lies in a manner more brazen and shameless than anything politics has ever seen.

Millions of people across the country are feeling despondent. Their hours have been cut, wages slashed, jobs even shipped overseas. But Donald Trump doesn’t have a plan to fix that. He has a plan to exploit that.

Donald Trump is a threat to the survival of the Republic. His authoritarian tendencies and flirtations with fascism are unparalleled in the history of our democracy. He hopes to divide us by race, by class, and by religion, instilling enough fear and anxiety to propel himself to the White House. He is looking to to pit neighbor against neighbor, friend against friend, American against American. We will not stand for this vitriolic rhetoric that is poisoning our country and our children.

President Reagan called on us to maintain this, our shining city on a hill. He called on us to maintain freedom abroad by keeping a strong presence in the world. He called on us to maintain liberty at home by upholding the democratic process and respecting our opponents. He called on us to maintain decency in our hearts by loving our neighbor.

He would be ashamed of Donald Trump. We are too.

This fall, we will instead focus our efforts on reclaiming the Republican Party from those who have done it considerable harm, campaigning for candidates who will uphold the conservative principles that have defined the Republican Party for generations. We will work to ensure both chambers of Congress remain in Republican hands, continuing to protect against executive overreach regardless of who wins the election this November.

We call on our party’s elected leaders to renounce their support of Donald Trump, and urge our fellow College Republicans to join us in condemning and withholding their endorsement from this dangerous man. The conservative movement in America should not and will not go quietly into the night.

A longtime student of American democracy, Alexis de Tocqueville once said, “America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.”

De Tocqueville believed in the United States. Americans are a decent people. We work hard, protect our own, and look out for one another in times of need, regardless of the color of our skin, the God we worship, or our party registration. Donald Trump may not believe in that America, but we do. And that America will never cease to be great.

The Harvard Republican Club

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2016/08/05/ashamed-of-trump-harvard-republican-club-wont-endorse-top-gop-nominee-for-first-time-since-1888/
  • I'm not sure what is more fearful. The stunning fear of Trump from some people on here or the lack of acknowledgment/ fear that ISIS is a real threat slowly making it's way over. Trump wants to eliminate ISIS people - why don't you? As far as moonlight parties in the desert that is preferred and happens quite often actually just have a look at some airstrikes against them the videos are not hard to find.
    Visions of nucs and putin in his head is a pretty funny visual. Far funnier than the killing of infidels with a reward of 72virgins.

• PJ_Soul said:

America's oldest College Republican chapter, the Harvard Republican Club, has released a statement about why, for the first time in its existence (founded in 1888) it won't endorse the Republican candidate.

Here’s the Harvard Republican Club’s statement:

Dear Members and Alumni,

In every presidential election since 1888, the members and Executive Board of the Harvard Republican Club have gathered to discuss, debate, and eventually endorse the standard-bearer of our party. But for the first time in 128 years, we, the oldest College Republicans chapter in the nation, will not be endorsing the Republican nominee.

Donald Trump holds views that are antithetical to our values not only as Republicans, but as Americans. The rhetoric he espouses –from racist slander to misogynistic taunts– is not consistent with our conservative principles, and his repeated mocking of the disabled and belittling of the sacrifices made by prisoners of war, Gold Star families, and Purple Heart recipients is not only bad politics, but absurdly cruel.

If enacted, Donald Trump’s platform would endanger our security both at home and abroad. Domestically, his protectionist trade policies and draconian immigration restrictions would enlarge our federal deficit, raise prices for consumers, and throw our economy back into recession. Trump’s global outlook, steeped in isolationism, is considerably out-of-step with the traditional Republican stance as well. The flippancy with which he is willing to abdicate the United States’ responsibility to lead is alarming. Calling for the US’ withdrawal from NATO and actively endorsing nuclear proliferation, Donald Trump’s foreign policy would wreak havoc on the established world order which has held aggressive foreign powers in check since World War II.

Perhaps most importantly, however, Donald Trump simply does not possess the temperament and character necessary to lead the United States through an increasingly perilous world. The last week should have made obvious to all what has been obvious to most for more than a year. In response to any slight –perceived or real– Donald Trump lashes out viciously and irresponsibly. In Trump’s eyes, disagreement with his actions or his policies warrants incessant name calling and derision: stupid, lying, fat, ugly, weak, failing, idiot –and that’s just his “fellow” Republicans.

He isn’t eschewing political correctness. He is eschewing basic human decency.

Donald Trump, despite spending more than a year on the campaign trail, has either refused or been unable to educate himself on issues that matter most to Americans like us. He speaks only in platitudes, about greatness, success, and winning. Time and time again, Trump has demonstrated his complete lack of knowledge on critical matters, meandering from position to position over the course of the election. When confronted about these frequent reversals, Trump lies in a manner more brazen and shameless than anything politics has ever seen.

Millions of people across the country are feeling despondent. Their hours have been cut, wages slashed, jobs even shipped overseas. But Donald Trump doesn’t have a plan to fix that. He has a plan to exploit that.

Donald Trump is a threat to the survival of the Republic. His authoritarian tendencies and flirtations with fascism are unparalleled in the history of our democracy. He hopes to divide us by race, by class, and by religion, instilling enough fear and anxiety to propel himself to the White House. He is looking to to pit neighbor against neighbor, friend against friend, American against American. We will not stand for this vitriolic rhetoric that is poisoning our country and our children.

President Reagan called on us to maintain this, our shining city on a hill. He called on us to maintain freedom abroad by keeping a strong presence in the world. He called on us to maintain liberty at home by upholding the democratic process and respecting our opponents. He called on us to maintain decency in our hearts by loving our neighbor.

He would be ashamed of Donald Trump. We are too.

This fall, we will instead focus our efforts on reclaiming the Republican Party from those who have done it considerable harm, campaigning for candidates who will uphold the conservative principles that have defined the Republican Party for generations. We will work to ensure both chambers of Congress remain in Republican hands, continuing to protect against executive overreach regardless of who wins the election this November.

We call on our party’s elected leaders to renounce their support of Donald Trump, and urge our fellow College Republicans to join us in condemning and withholding their endorsement from this dangerous man. The conservative movement in America should not and will not go quietly into the night.

A longtime student of American democracy, Alexis de Tocqueville once said, “America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.”

De Tocqueville believed in the United States. Americans are a decent people. We work hard, protect our own, and look out for one another in times of need, regardless of the color of our skin, the God we worship, or our party registration. Donald Trump may not believe in that America, but we do. And that America will never cease to be great.

The Harvard Republican Club

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2016/08/05/ashamed-of-trump-harvard-republican-club-wont-endorse-top-gop-nominee-for-first-time-since-1888/

He doesn't need them he has a piece of paper with the names of 80 Generals endorsing him lol ...

I'm not sure what is more fearful. The stunning fear of Trump from some people on here or the lack of acknowledgment/ fear that ISIS is a real threat slowly making it's way over. Trump wants to eliminate ISIS people - why don't you? As far as moonlight parties in the desert that is preferred and happens quite often actually just have a look at some airstrikes against them the videos are not hard to find.
    Visions of nucs and putin in his head is a pretty funny visual. Far funnier than the killing of infidels with a reward of 72virgins.

Who says ISIS isn't a real threat? I don't know anyone, here or elsewhere, who doesn't want ISIS eliminated. But most intelligent people know that Trump doesn't know the first thing about how that might be attempted, let alone accomplished.
  • PJ_Soul said:

I'm not sure what is more fearful. The stunning fear of Trump from some people on here or the lack of acknowledgment/ fear that ISIS is a real threat slowly making it's way over. Trump wants to eliminate ISIS people - why don't you? As far as moonlight parties in the desert that is preferred and happens quite often actually just have a look at some airstrikes against them the videos are not hard to find.

Who says ISIS isn't a real threat? I don't know anyone, here or elsewhere, who doesn't want ISIS eliminated. But most intelligent people know that Trump doesn't know the first thing about how that might be attempted, let alone accomplished.
    Exactly he hasn't a clue ...
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    In the end he wont be president

No need for all of you to PM on Nov 9th to ask how I knew......

He is the Peter McNelly of his time. The Party Marched him out there to get his head knocked off cause they knew this cycle wasn't meant to be....in the end he will destroy those who played around with the process. Which will be sweet

Don't tell me...but he has great poll numbers, it doesn't matter in this country...people always vote either R OR D....HARAMBE could get same amount of votes

No need to worry....this will all be over soon

• benjs said:

I have a huge issue with this: it's called civilian casualties. Carpet bombing is definitely effective, unless you're trying to reduce the mass murder of innocents. You think they just throw ISIS-exclusive full moon parties in the desert, away from the general population?
    To add, this would be classified as a hate crime and ethnic cleansing. Indiscriminate murdering of large amounts of people who hail from the same region/country, share the same faith and the same customs all fall under that umbrella.

Trump is advocating ethnic cleansing, torture, and stealing their land and oil. All against international law, all punishable by death at the Hague.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
This discussion has been closed.