Trump

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,869
    edited September 2016

Kat said:
    He is such an idiot. I really hope someone corners him about the "amazing things" that he said his investigators found about Obama in Hawaii. I don't think he's even had to answer for that.
    You're right he's an idiot.

But who's the bigger idiot?

drumpf?

Or......

His supporters?

Close call ..
    I don't think it's close at all. Trump is playing his supporters like a fiddle.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I've been pretty amazed with Trump supporters that I've come across.

My Mom was a big McCain/Romney fan...doesn't like Obama at all. She is actually going to "write in" Mitch Daniels when she votes. She can't stand Trump.

My brother and sister in law are both rabid republicans. Rush Limbaugh/Glenn Beck bible beaters....neither one of them can stand Trump. Not sure if they will end up voting for him or not.

The support does not seem to be coming from your average middle of the road republican. Of which I was one until 10 years or so ago.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    edited September 2016

I've been pretty amazed with Trump supporters that I've come across.

My Mom was a big McCain/Romney fan...doesn't like Obama at all. She is actually going to "write in" Mitch Daniels when she votes. She can't stand Trump.

My brother and sister in law are both rabid republicans. Rush Limbaugh/Glenn Beck bible beaters....neither one of them can stand Trump. Not sure if they will end up voting for him or not.

The support does not seem to be coming from your average middle of the road republican. Of which I was one until 10 years or so ago.

At the end of the day, most Republicans (like your brother and sis-in-law) will likely go home to the GOP. I think the same can be said for the Dems as well. All of these fence sitters are looking for a reason support their D and R and they'll likely find it. That's why I don't necessarily see a wipe out in the popular vote. I see tight polls leading to election day and then it comes to ground game. I think at that point the Dems growing advantage in the electoral college will come through and be a strong E.College victory, in line with Obama/Romney.
  • mrussel1 said:

At the end of the day, most Republicans (like your brother and sis-in-law) will likely go home to the GOP. I think the same can be said for the Dems as well. All of these fence sitters are looking for a reason support their D and R and they'll likely find it. That's why I don't necessarily see a wipe out in the popular vote. I see tight polls leading to election day and then it comes to ground game. I think at that point the Dems growing advantage in the electoral college will come through and be a strong E.College victory, in line with Obama/Romney.
    Yeah that sums it up nicely.

Let's just hope that Clinton's campaign follows the Obama campaign strategy.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    mrussel1 said:

There do seem to be a lot of Republicans who are straight up renouncing Trump though. Strongly. Both within the party and just normal citizens.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/295450-winston-salem-journal-endorses-johnson-for-president

LOL....Johnson has two more major newspaper endorsements than Trump. Unbelievable

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

There do seem to be a lot of Republicans who are straight up renouncing Trump though. Strongly. Both within the party and just normal citizens.
    True, but I'm not sure if that is so different than the Bernie supporters. They may never have been a Dem to start, but most probably voted Obama. I think both Trump and HRC have their share of dissenters. The question is how many HRC dissenters cross to Trump rather than 3rd party. Those are probably your white male Dems (in name only) in some of the rural areas around the country. I guess my point is, for all the noise, I'm starting to think the numbers play out in a fairly traditional way.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

I think you can support an "idiot" and not be an idiot yourself. not every supporter is a bigot, that I'm sure of. but a lot of them really honestly believe that it's a better idea to have a businessman in the white house than a career politician. they find him more forthright and therefore trustworthy.

there seem to be quite a few on this site alone that are known intelligent contributors yet seem to support Trump.

I like to think I am in this category even though I don't necessarily think he is more trustworthy. There are far more of us who are actually in the "world is fucked category and while she won't fix it he might fix it".
    edited September 2016
    I would say that anyone who thinks Trump has a trustworthy bone in his body doesn't know anything about the man, and they need to do some research. There is a reason not a single business associate of any sort has ever endorsed him. Read when his past biographer wrote about him too, lol. Pretty damning when it comes to what kind of "man" Trump is. Not to mention how almost everything that comes out of his mouth during this campaign is a blatant lie, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:

I would say that anyone who doesn't think Trump has a trustworthy bone in his body doesn't know anything about the man, and they need to do some research. There is a reason not a single business associate of any sort has ever endorsed him. Not to mention how almost everything that comes out of his mouth is a blatant lie, lol.

I don't see him as a liar. I see him as someone who is just winging it on a daily basis. The problem with winging it is that you open yourself to daily contradictions. So when people ask whether someone is honest and trustworthy I could say I think he is honest but I don't think he is necessary trustworthy. Does that make any sense? I'm not sure myself.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,476
    PJ_Soul said:

I would say that anyone who thinks Trump has a trustworthy bone in his body doesn't know anything about the man, and they need to do some research. There is a reason not a single business associate of any sort has ever endorsed him. Read when his past biographer wrote about him too, lol. Pretty damning when it comes to what kind of "man" Trump is. Not to mention how almost everything that comes out of his mouth during this campaign is a blatant lie, lol.

I read that piece by his biographer. it was nasty.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I would say that anyone who doesn't think Trump has a trustworthy bone in his body doesn't know anything about the man, and they need to do some research. There is a reason not a single business associate of any sort has ever endorsed him. Not to mention how almost everything that comes out of his mouth is a blatant lie, lol.

I don't see him as a liar. I see him as someone who is just winging it on a daily basis. The problem with winging it is that you open yourself to daily contradictions. So when people ask whether someone is honest and trustworthy I could say I think he is honest but I don't think he is necessary trustworthy. Does that make any sense? I'm not sure myself.
    He's a fucking liar.

Remember the investigators he sent to Hawaii to uncover the secret Obama birth certificate? It was all bullshit.
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/07/trump-sends-investigators-to-hawaii-to-look-into-obama/
    "I have people that have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding," Trump said an interview that aired Thursday Morning.

Asked if he has assigned people specifically to search in Hawaii, Trump said, "Absolutely."
    Just one example...

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659

Kat said:
    He is such an idiot. I really hope someone corners him about the "amazing things" that he said his investigators found about Obama in Hawaii. I don't think he's even had to answer for that.

drumpf?

Or......

His supporters?
    PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

drumpf?

Or......

His supporters?

Close call ..
    I don't think it's close at all. Trump is playing his supporters like a fiddle.
    Exactly!

He's a con man
    A charlatan
    A snake oil sale man
    A reality TV show host
    Certainly not a knowledgeable politician

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

He's a fucking liar.

Remember the investigators he sent to Hawaii to uncover the secret Obama birth certificate? It was all bullshit.
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/07/trump-sends-investigators-to-hawaii-to-look-into-obama/
    "I have people that have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding," Trump said an interview that aired Thursday Morning.

Asked if he has assigned people specifically to search in Hawaii, Trump said, "Absolutely."
    Just one example...

Curious about that one actually. He might have actually sent investigators? Do we know if that was a lie? They may have produced no results but that doesn't necessarily make the "they cannot believe what they're finding" a lie. Either way...the man is certainly a bullshit artist to some extent but is his bullshit disqualifying? I'm not so sure.
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

He's a fucking liar.

Just one example...
    Curious about that one actually. He might have actually sent investigators? Do we know if that was a lie? They may have produced no results but that doesn't necessarily make the "they cannot believe what they're finding" a lie. Either way...the man is certainly a bullshit artist to some extent but is his bullshit disqualifying? I'm not so sure.

Most people who know him well and/or have worked with him (and have no vested interest in him winning) say that virtually everything that comes out of his mouth is bullshit. Completely made up of whole cloth to suit whatever position he wants to take at that moment.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Might as well change the title of this thread to "Let's all hate on..." Since it's filled with venom so toxic one would think posters here actually personally know the guy...

...but they don't. It's all a well planned ploy to fool the public into thinking he's serious about wanting to lead this country for 4 years. The joke is on us.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    edited September 2016

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

He's a fucking liar.

Just one example...

Most people who know him well and/or have worked with him (and have no vested interest in him winning) say that virtually everything that comes out of his mouth is bullshit. Completely made up of whole cloth to suit whatever position he wants to take at that moment.
    Well....one would think that if he
    A: Sent investigators (which was to find out that Obama's birth cert was bogus) and
    B: Those investigators "can't believe what they are finding"

Then he would have surely released that information....right? What was the point in doing it?

edited September 2016
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I lie is a lie, whether it's made up on the spot (like he usually does), or it's had some thought put into it (which he sometimes does). Standing there just making shit up while winging it is still lying IMO. I would also say that a guy who got a quack doctor to sign a fake letter about his health is a pretty massive liar on top of being untrustworthy. Let's also not forget his many other lies, lol. What about the one where he claimed to have never had knowledge about employing illegal workers? ... Sigh, this paragraph will get too long. Just read this: http://www.dailywire.com/news/4834/trumps-101-lies-hank-berrien

Also, this: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/11/donald-trump-9-11-comments-since-2001
    The scumbag can't even deal with 9/11 without being a lying cheat.

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

He's a fucking liar.

Just one example...

I don't disagree with this. My guess is he never thought he would go very far but thought what the hell let's see where this bullshit takes me.
    Free said:

Might as well change the title of this thread to "Let's all hate on..." Since it's filled with venom so toxic one would think posters here actually personally know the guy...

...but they don't. It's all a well planned ploy to fool the public into thinking he's serious about wanting to lead this country for 4 years. The joke is on us.

".....venom so toxic....". a bit much, don'tcha think?

www.headstonesband.com

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

He's a fucking liar.

Just one example...
    I don't disagree with this. My guess is he never thought he would go very far but thought what the hell let's see where this bullshit takes me.

I agree w/ this.

Free said:

When you are spewing love, that's what happens.
    edited September 2016

Free said:

Have you read the hate filled posts? Toxic. How anyone can be filled w/ so much hate for someone no one knows personally (and that doesn't just go for this forum, I know many people consumed w/ bitterness and hate for Trump that it affects their health), is beyond me. He's not worth it. He's not worth expending any energy over.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Meaningful contributions?

What have yours been?

Was this directed at me? I was replying to someone saying we should post on the porch of we can't make meaningful contributions to a thread about trump.
    No
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    edited September 2016
    Free said:

Free said:

Have you read the hate filled posts? Toxic. How anyone can be filled w/ so much hate for someone no one knows personally (and that doesn't just go for this forum, I know many people consumed w/ bitterness and hate for Trump that it affects their health), is beyond me. He's not worth it. He's not worth expending any energy over.
    Lol, okay Jesus. You are just so loving and accepting it's fucking blowing my mind! :lol: Again trying to prove how much better you are than the rest of us.
    And how do you feel about, oh, say Hitler? Osama Bin Laden? Martin Shkreli? Kim Jong-Un? Do you really need to know national leaders, mass murderers, or all-out slime balls (like Trump) personally before you're willing to judge them? ... Don't say yes, because no one will believe you. BTW, where were you, Jesus, in the Clinton thread? I don't see you defending her honour over there, lol.
    Who do you know whose health is affected by their hate of Donald Trump btw? If you care about them, I suggest encouraging them to see a doctor, because they are probably sick from an anxiety disorder or something, not hate for Trump.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Pence refused to call David Duke "deplorable" tonight... Telling

health affected by their hate for trump?

"yes, ma'am, the official cause of death of your husband was AEE, also known as Absurd Election Exhaustion; it's been pretty common in the Trump era".

come on.

www.headstonesband.com

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

Pence refused to call David Duke "deplorable" tonight... Telling

People seem to forget that there's a VP debate as well. I hate both but Kaine is Bernie compared to gay conversion therapy Pence. Kaine will destroy him.
  • Pence refused to call David Duke "deplorable" tonight... Telling

People seem to forget that there's a VP debate as well. I hate both but Kaine is Bernie compared to gay conversion therapy Pence. Kaine will destroy him.
    Yeah there is pretty good ammo against Pence. His anti gay bill in Indiana was a huge shitstorm.

This discussion has been closed.