Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,011
    Free said:

I am not making personal insults so calm down. Seriously, why are Hillary supporters unable to look at her objectively and address the very real concerns as a Concerned Citizen and not a Hillary apologist BEFORE the election????? What's the beef and what do you guys think you're getting for deflecting each and every downfall she has? We know no one has that problem with Drumpf!

That's your mistake. You think I haven't looked at Hillary objectively and have lumped me in with Hillary voters who apparently don't have concerns.

And you're telling me to calm down. Are you going to post your questions now?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    I have nothing with you personally Halifax. Just trying to figure out the need of being a political apologist. If you don't want to answer, that's fine, I didn't really aim it at you personally but the apologists here. (You. As in "all of you" here).
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306

nobody is paying anybody here. this is not hasbara.

Speak for yourself. It's raining dollar bills here at my place......well, I'm in Canada, so it's raining loonies! And it kinda hurts.

Vote Hillary!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,536
    Good ol' Low Energy Amnesty Don...

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,852
    Free said:

I want to know about the transcripts, the shady and disgusting event the democrat convention, the Bernie suppression, the hiring of DWS after she was humiliated into resigning, the Wikileaks, and that's just the beginning!! Why can't she answer questions about her health if she's 100% healthy?

Okay so nothing relevant or policy related.. just residual crap from the primaries.
  • Options
    Ok I thought it would be about policy ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    Lol. What a disaster
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,018
    Free said:

I have nothing with you personally Halifax. Just trying to figure out the need of being a political apologist. If you don't want to answer, that's fine, I didn't really aim it at you personally but the apologists here. (You. As in "all of you" here).

Glenn Greenwald was on Democracy Now yesterday talking about how Clinton's main opponent is an untenable candidate, which is leaving her in a position where people are reticent to address some serious issues, and to be honest, I agree. Her hawkish tendencies will perpetuate the same "invade until they behave like us or in ways that benefit us", as they have historically in her political tenure (i.e. her support of several military coups in South America, as well as her silence on the topic of the current quasi-coup with the impeachment of Rousseff in Brazil). Her commitment to government bailouts, to perpetuating (or growing) the delta between the richest and the poorest in America, and yes, her flat-out denial of any wrongdoings on the topic of her private servers in the White House. Free, I'm doing an about face, and I agree with you. It's time to hold Clinton accountable for her actions - even when her opponent is a cross between mummified foreskin and cotton candy.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    Pretty sure he saw he got a bump in the polls and decided he had to give an insane speech to get them going back the other way
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    This speech is hilarious. The Phoenix crowd is eating this up. Trump is giving the most anti immigrant, hyperbolic speech I have ever heard.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    We are going to make all countries take back their people after we have deported them. Its gonna happen. Believe me folks.

As if he can make another country do anything at all. This man is a maniac.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    The primaries are over, idiot. Nobody but the people already voting for you is liking this speech.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Funny thing is Mexican president tweeted after meeting with trump that Mexico will absolutely not pay for any wall. Trump is promising that they will. Facepalm.

• Options
    By the way--is he bipolar or something? Is this the same sedated Trump seen in Mexico just a few hours ago?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    benjs said:

Free said:

Glenn Greenwald was on Democracy Now yesterday talking about how Clinton's main opponent is an untenable candidate, which is leaving her in a position where people are reticent to address some serious issues, and to be honest, I agree. Her hawkish tendencies will perpetuate the same "invade until they behave like us or in ways that benefit us", as they have historically in her political tenure (i.e. her support of several military coups in South America, as well as her silence on the topic of the current quasi-coup with the impeachment of Rousseff in Brazil). Her commitment to government bailouts, to perpetuating (or growing) the delta between the richest and the poorest in America, and yes, her flat-out denial of any wrongdoings on the topic of her private servers in the White House. Free, I'm doing an about face, and I agree with you. It's time to hold Clinton accountable for her actions - even when her opponent is a cross between mummified foreskin and cotton candy.
    I hear you but if you had to really had to pull the lever would you for Trump I can't I won't...
  • Options
    This speech is an embarrassment to every other president that has ever served ...!
  • Options

This speech is an embarrassment to every other president that has ever served ...!

This speech is fantastic. This is late 1920s hitlerspeak.

• Options

Lol lol yeah your right lmao
  • Options

Lol lol yeah your right lmao
    Seriously. Replace "illegal immigrant" with "Jews" and it would be very similar.

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited September 2016
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Dan Rather posted 5 minutes ago:

Um. Wow. If anybody thought that Donald Trump would deliver a moderated speech on immigration, that ended pretty much in the first moments he walked onto the stage in Phoenix. He claimed it would be a detailed policy address, and yet from the start his tone was a seething, angry attack on what he described as a world of dangerous murderers and rapists who seem to be roaming “sanctuary cities.” Focusing on a few isolated and already well-documented tragedies, he painted the entire undocumented world with the casual brush of violence. This approach was punctuated by family members of those who have died paraded at the end. The crowd – nearly all white from the looks of the cutaway shots – ate it up with a hostility that seems in keeping with those who have flocked to Trump’s angry march through this campaign season. There was of course no mention of the de facto integration of millions immigrants already entwined in the fabric of our daily lives and economy.

I expected a law and order theme, but not this level of searing rhetoric. Of course, I shouldn’t have been surprised. Trump feeds off his crowds and they were giving it right back. It was ultimate in the “Us vs. Them” mentality. Real Americans vs. others. I frankly saw echoes of the George Wallace speeches from the 1968 campaign.

The applause lines seemed like ready red meat for this crowd and I am sure for those who regularly watch Fox News. They were names and anecdotes that frankly will be unknown to most Americans. That’s because Donald Trump’s America does not comport with what many voters see in their own lives. It was an attack on “thugs” and those on “welfare”. I suppose there was a structure to this speech. He would say “and 3”, “and 4” as if it were a detailed list of proposal, but any sense of order was swamped by a tsunami of rhetoric and tone.

Going in there was a question, after a confusing and contradictory trip to Mexico earlier in the day, about the status of Trump’s wall. Trump said he would, without equivocation, “Build the Wall.” The crowd again went wild. And of course Mexico will pay for the wall – “100 percent. They don’t know it yet.” But by that point, even this news item seemed like an afterthought consumed by the overall tone.

Of course along the way he slammed Climate Change – just because, suggested that Hillary Clinton could be deported, and told African Americans they should vote for him because “what do they have to lose?”

But any details are beside the point. With a raspy roar, leaning over the podium, Trump delivered his message with glee - This is our country and we are being overwhelmed by hordes not fit to be in our country. He suggested that “These People” are well known to law enforcement and could be rounded up with ease. It was a line that seemed more in keeping with the culture of the old East Germany than the United States. “We have got to have a county folks” he summed it up. “Under a Trump Administration it’s called America first!”

You could try to fact check this speech, but that is a fool’s errand. Trump and Clinton are not running for the president of the same country. The one who wins will be the one whose vision of America most conforms with reality.

Make no mistake, this was a toxic mix of jingoism, nativism, and chauvinism. Many of you would like to think, not in America, not in our country could this type of rhetoric gain currency. But in other countries, and in other times in history, we have seen the impossible become possible to horrific effect. Trump is betting his political future on this idea – that there is a deep, tribal, and dark sea of the molten lava of hate and aggrievement. This volcano from below appeals to dangerous instincts- can it yield a path to the presidency and power?

How do you think this speech will play?

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,852
    benjs said:

Free said:

Benjs - I'm going to challenge a few statements here. I will cherry pick a few because others I can agree with, so don't read it wrong:

1. Bailouts - which bailouts do you support and which do you oppose? Do you oppose the GM bailout along with the banks? If yes, please explain the rationale. If you opposed both, well then you are a pure capitalist and I give you credit for consistency.

2. Servers - Clinton has apologized MULTIPLE times for setting up the server. Her first specific one was in in Q3 of '15, here: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-private-email-mistake-im/story?id=33608970 She apologized many more times including last week on Morning Joe. What else do you expect of her?

3. Warhawk... that's a tough one. Remember she was executing the policy of Obama. That's not to say she didn't agree with it, but it was the administration policy. I've found it interesting to see the vitriol against HRC for her time at State and the absolute silence to hold Obama to the same standard when, as Harry Truman famously said "The buck stops here."
  • Options
    Maybe if US leaders in the last 30 years would have attempted to enforce immigration laws on the books (i.e., fucking do their jobs) and the sovereignty of US borders it wouldn't have got to the point where a large percentage of the country is so frustrated that someone like Trump can come along and play to their anger. It is laughable that people who want the current laws on the books to be enforced are labeled as racists.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,679
    hillary is faaaaaaaaaaar from ideal. but trump? goddam! fucker just makes shit up. "hillary will just let anyone flood in; hillary will repeal the 2nd ammendment; hillary hates farmers; blah, blah blah, blah, blah"
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    And yet a record number of Americans dislike Hillary. After all the clown has done, she is neck in neck in the overall dislike catagory.

The left is having a heyday laughing at trump. I saw the same over-confidence in the republican primary a year ago.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,679
    Free -are you the "angry white man"? either too uneducated or too lazy to get a good job?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    edited September 2016
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,744

Maybe if US leaders in the last 30 years would have attempted to enforce immigration laws on the books (i.e., fucking do their jobs) and the sovereignty of US borders it wouldn't have got to the point where a large percentage of the country is so frustrated that someone like Trump can come along and play to their anger. It is laughable that people who want the current laws on the books to be enforced are labeled as racists.

Just the racist ones are labeled racist.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Free -are you the "angry white man"? either too uneducated or too lazy to get a good job?

Not sure wwwd? but if I was a guessing kind of guy I would say that unless things go wobs way wob doesn't comment.
    Funny how trumpers are silent and this thread has just become one giant stroking off, flush.
  • Options

Wobbie said:

Not sure wwwd? but if I was a guessing kind of guy I would say that unless things go wobs way wob doesn't comment.
    Funny how trumpers are silent and this thread has just become one giant stroking off, flush.
    Where have you been? You've been the biggest thumper here.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
This discussion has been closed.