Trump

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    BS44325 said:

He could have talked freely, but he decided not to. He has used his freedom of speech and others used their as well. You reap what you saw.

You're wrong. Let's make it clear that I am not a Trump supporter but from the outside looking in he just played the left and the media again like a fiddle. Just when he was really beginning to get hit for people's behaviour at his rallies the left over reaches (as it always does) and shuts down one of his rallies in a fit of rage and violence. While the progressive bubble will applaud this the general populace will see it for what it is...a suppression of political assembly and free speech. This will only make Trump stronger.
    You do realize that this free speech you speak of is advocating and calling for war crimes, demonizing minorities and religious and calling for mass deportations?

To act surprised that this is happening is pretty damn naive
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Trump cancelled Cincinnati tomorrow
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,737
    JC29856 said:

On Friday, Breitbart News reporter Michelle Fields filed a police report related to Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski allegedly assaulting her after the candidate's Tuesday night press conference. The Trump campaign has dismissed the charge, despite an eyewitness account of the incident and video appearing to show Lewandowski reaching toward Fields.

Audio from immediately afterwards too between her and another reporter.

Lewandowski also admitted as much in an interview saying to the effect of "I thought she was mainstreamedia" like that would make it justified.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Trump claiming protestors shut down free speech after he chooses not go on with the show and lying about talks with local police.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,165
    JC29856 said:

Trump claiming protestors shut down free speech after he chooses not go on with the show and lying about talks with local police.

He's just making shit up as he goes pathetic .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    brianlux said:

Tonight's actions in Chicago, shows how desperate and worried the Democrats are.

Sorry but that sounds like the statement of someone who is desperate and worried.

No, we're just sick of the fact that so many people are getting suckered in to Trump's bullshit while all the while he is eating it up and having the time of his life-- at your expense.
    Well Brian, you are right. I am desperate. Desperately searching for a candidate I am willing to vote for. Haven't found one yet.

When you say "we're just sick", who are we? Moveon.org, the 1% ???
    If you are sick of him, ignore him. Until proven wrong, the more attention he get's, the stronger he gets.

American Citizens would not be suckered into Trump's bullshit, if they were not being fed the same old bullshit from both parties. If America was moving in an upward direction, Trump would be back to his 60 minute tv show instead of 24 hr coverage.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,612

brianlux said:

Tonight's actions in Chicago, shows how desperate and worried the Democrats are.

Sorry but that sounds like the statement of someone who is desperate and worried.

No, we're just sick of the fact that so many people are getting suckered in to Trump's bullshit while all the while he is eating it up and having the time of his life-- at your expense.
    Well Brian, you are right. I am desperate. Desperately searching for a candidate I am willing to vote for. Haven't found one yet.

When you say "we're just sick", who are we? Moveon.org, the 1% ???
    If you are sick of him, ignore him. Until proven wrong, the more attention he get's, the stronger he gets.

American Citizens would not be suckered into Trump's bullshit, if they were not being fed the same old bullshit from both parties. If America was moving in an upward direction, Trump would be back to his 60 minute tv show instead of 24 hr coverage.
    That's why Bernie is the man. NOT the same old bullshit. Maybe he's not perfect (my perfect candidate would be a biocentrist) but he's definitely not the "same old bullshit"! :smile:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hillary-clinton-trounces-trump-in-most-national-polls-2016-03-10

dignin said:

rgambs said:

ckravitz said:

dignin said:

ckravitz said:

dignin said:

ckravitz said:

JC29856 said:

Not that I want to see anyone sucker punched although I would contribute to a go fund me for the puncher and punchee if a black person sucker punched a trump supportor at a rally just to compare the reactions of msm and public at large.
    I'll put up $500

The reaction would be an over-generalization just as in this case (just read some of the posts here). I wouldn't vote for Trump myself, but this characterization of all Trump supporters (not necessarily you) based on the idiocy of some of them is just as ignorant of some of the things that Trump himself says.
    I'm sorry but that is not even close to reality.

So you think characterizing millions of people based on the idiocy of the few is ok or am I misunderstanding what you were saying is not even close to reality? The topic is some dumb shits behaving violently and this behavior somehow being attributable to large swaths of Trump supporters. Are you suggesting that wasn't going on?
    Maybe I missed it but I haven't read here on these boards that everyone (or all as you put it) who votes for Trump is like that old man. Do I think there are large swaths like that old man, who knows......it seems like every rally of his now has an incident similar to this. Trump is asking his suppoters to get violent with the protesters, it's crazy.

And I haven't read much on here (except for a few obvious posters....who are Trump supporters) say anything as ignorant as Trump.
    I guess you have missed it then. Plenty, plenty, plenty of commenters that have made blanket statements with the only qualifier being "Trump supporters". No one said it was you and no one said it was all people here on this board doing it.

Over-generalization is hugely ignorant, yes just as ignorant as many of Trump's statements. In fact most of Trump's own ignorance stems from his habit of over-generalizing. It's the breeding ground for the race to the opposite edges.

Look, I don't want to be in this weird position of quasi-defending Trump, but one of the biggest problems in politics are the broad-brush behaviors so it should be called out regardless of who is guilty of it.

I guess we'll just have to disagree because I'm not about to go pull various posters comments to prove this point. They're there though.
    I have made those statements, and I stand by them. If you support Donald Trump you fall under the broad brush. Until I meet someone who is actually intelligent, in full control of themselves, and has a modicum of dignity, I will continue to paint them with the ugliest, broadest brush I can find.
    Generalization of avowed racists and bigots is not the unholy evil you make it out to be. If you support Trump then you support racism and bigotry, you severely lack class, dignity, and sense, and you are a DUMBASS!
    Period. End of story.
    So.... If Donald Trump gets elected, which it appears he is going to and most likely go to the white house, does this mean that the US is filled with racists and bigots or full of people who think that their gov't and elected officials just don't care about the people?
    What evidence do you have that he will "most likely go to the white house". All the polling I've seen so far shows him losing vs. Hillary.
    I think the latter parts of the question are the ones that should be answered, but since you asked I saw this in the Bloomberg thread...

Interesting. I found this, it's a little more in-depth.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Guess it depends what source you want to believe.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

He could have talked freely, but he decided not to. He has used his freedom of speech and others used their as well. You reap what you saw.

You're wrong. Let's make it clear that I am not a Trump supporter but from the outside looking in he just played the left and the media again like a fiddle. Just when he was really beginning to get hit for people's behaviour at his rallies the left over reaches (as it always does) and shuts down one of his rallies in a fit of rage and violence. While the progressive bubble will applaud this the general populace will see it for what it is...a suppression of political assembly and free speech. This will only make Trump stronger.
    You do realize that this free speech you speak of is advocating and calling for war crimes, demonizing minorities and religious and calling for mass deportations?

To act surprised that this is happening is pretty damn naive
    I agree with you on what his speech is advocating and again I am not a supporter of his. My point again is that the answer to speech is more speech. Protesting is fine but we have to get out of this mind set that is ok to disrupt events and prevent people from assembling. The protestors on the whole made things worse yesterday and not better and they lost the upper hand from only a day before when Trump was on the defensive over the behaviour of his crowds and staff. Protest smart! You lose when you shut down speech.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,612
    dignin said:
    Spot on and supper relevant for today!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Umm , yeah.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/12/donald-trump-briarcliff-manor-golf-course-tax

Property listed as worth 50 million in his financial filing to run is suddenly only listed as 1.4 million when it comes time to pay taxes.

Rip off america again.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    ?where is the "carson & trump" thread
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick said:

?where is the "carson & trump" thread

It's currently under negotiation and will be followed by the Jeb/trump thread.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    nicely player, pjfanwillnevergoaway1

?what about the thread titles: clinton & trump or huckabee & trump

?buying the rights to these websites
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • ?amt not trump
    ? amt thread title OMG the repubs are invading?
    edited March 2016
    chadwick said:

nicely player, pjfanwillnevergoaway1

?what about the thread titles: clinton & trump or huckabee & trump

?buying the rights to these websites

Nice!!!

• dignin said:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hillary-clinton-trounces-trump-in-most-national-polls-2016-03-10

dignin said:

rgambs said:

ckravitz said:

dignin said:

ckravitz said:

dignin said:

ckravitz said:

JC29856 said:

Not that I want to see anyone sucker punched although I would contribute to a go fund me for the puncher and punchee if a black person sucker punched a trump supportor at a rally just to compare the reactions of msm and public at large.
    I'll put up $500

The reaction would be an over-generalization just as in this case (just read some of the posts here). I wouldn't vote for Trump myself, but this characterization of all Trump supporters (not necessarily you) based on the idiocy of some of them is just as ignorant of some of the things that Trump himself says.
    I'm sorry but that is not even close to reality.

So you think characterizing millions of people based on the idiocy of the few is ok or am I misunderstanding what you were saying is not even close to reality? The topic is some dumb shits behaving violently and this behavior somehow being attributable to large swaths of Trump supporters. Are you suggesting that wasn't going on?
    Maybe I missed it but I haven't read here on these boards that everyone (or all as you put it) who votes for Trump is like that old man. Do I think there are large swaths like that old man, who knows......it seems like every rally of his now has an incident similar to this. Trump is asking his suppoters to get violent with the protesters, it's crazy.

And I haven't read much on here (except for a few obvious posters....who are Trump supporters) say anything as ignorant as Trump.
    I guess you have missed it then. Plenty, plenty, plenty of commenters that have made blanket statements with the only qualifier being "Trump supporters". No one said it was you and no one said it was all people here on this board doing it.

Over-generalization is hugely ignorant, yes just as ignorant as many of Trump's statements. In fact most of Trump's own ignorance stems from his habit of over-generalizing. It's the breeding ground for the race to the opposite edges.

Look, I don't want to be in this weird position of quasi-defending Trump, but one of the biggest problems in politics are the broad-brush behaviors so it should be called out regardless of who is guilty of it.

I guess we'll just have to disagree because I'm not about to go pull various posters comments to prove this point. They're there though.
    I have made those statements, and I stand by them. If you support Donald Trump you fall under the broad brush. Until I meet someone who is actually intelligent, in full control of themselves, and has a modicum of dignity, I will continue to paint them with the ugliest, broadest brush I can find.
    Generalization of avowed racists and bigots is not the unholy evil you make it out to be. If you support Trump then you support racism and bigotry, you severely lack class, dignity, and sense, and you are a DUMBASS!
    Period. End of story.
    So.... If Donald Trump gets elected, which it appears he is going to and most likely go to the white house, does this mean that the US is filled with racists and bigots or full of people who think that their gov't and elected officials just don't care about the people?
    What evidence do you have that he will "most likely go to the white house". All the polling I've seen so far shows him losing vs. Hillary.
    I think the latter parts of the question are the ones that should be answered, but since you asked I saw this in the Bloomberg thread...

Interesting. I found this, it's a little more in-depth.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Guess it depends what source you want to believe.
    nate silver has been pretty accurate in the past. he has a lot of credibility. he did recently blow one very badly though. will be interesting to see.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    Donald Trump Ties Man Arrested at Rally to ISIS With Apparently Doctored Video

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-ties-man-arrested-rally-isis-apparently/story?id=37614315

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-ties-man-arrested-rally-isis-apparently/story?id=37614315

Man this prick lies about everything !!
  • Donald Trump Ties Man Arrested at Rally to ISIS With Apparently Doctored Video

He misspoke.

He misspoke.
    Keep on believing that racism is the way forward ...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

"All I know is what's on the internet,"

hahahah
    Donald Trump just won a key endorsement going into Tuesday’s Florida primary: the state’s attorney general, Pam Bondi.

But her bigger favor to Trump may have been her decision in 2013 not to pursue an investigation of Trump’s for-profit education chain after he made a big donation to her re-election campaign.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    At this point Fat boy will just bend over when ever the Drumpster says to bend over and squeal like a pig that he is , it's great to watch lol
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,885
    Anyone else wondering if Trump is paying or otherwise bribing some of these people for their endorsements? I kind of just assume he is....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    PJ_Soul said:

Anyone else wondering if Trump is paying or otherwise bribing some of these people for their endorsements? I kind of just assume he is....

Paying no but otherwise bribing yes. Pretty sure he is making quid pro quo agreements with endorsers for positions in a Trump administration.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,885
    edited March 2016
    JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

Paying no but otherwise bribing yes. Pretty sure he is making quid pro quo agreements with endorsers for positions in a Trump administration.
    Absolutely.... but I also wouldn't put actually paying people off past him so easily. Cash and valuables (say a Rolex here and there, etc) that he just has in a safe or safety deposit boxes, so untraceable. Totally wouldn't surprise me. These people aren't too good for shit like that IMO. Sounds old school, but people still know how to be shady without leaving a paper trail.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.