Trump

Comments

• How come Obama is suddenly getting so in the face of the public to not support Trump?
    Is he worried about something or is this just standard practice for a sitting lame duck POTUS to meddle in the affairs of an upcoming election?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politics/obama-says-trump-unfit-for-presidency/
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/obama-trump-1.3704157

interesting choice of words to use the word "meddle" in this context.

obama is the leader of his party. clinton is the nominee of his party. as a sitting president, campaigning on behalf of your legacy, your party, and your nominee is hardly meddling.

meddling is what the russians and wikileaks are doing.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mrussel1 said:

How come Obama is suddenly getting so in the face of the public to not support Trump?
    Is he worried about something or is this just standard practice for a sitting lame duck POTUS to meddle in the affairs of an upcoming election?

It has been since Ike in 1960, since we've had a second term president with enough good will to actually campaign. Obama intends to use the bully pulpit to protect the progressive advances over the past 8 years. He's not taking any chances. God bless him.
    he has nothing to lose now, so he is gonna use the bully pulpit. also, prepare for executive orders to come flying out of his butt since he is no longer politically accountable to voters.

i don't think bill clinton campaigned for gore. gore thought bill was political poison. turns out, had he let bill campaign for him gore probably would have won in 2000.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Two days ago Trump was at 45 percent on Nate Silver's site and he's at 14.1% now!

Woot!
  • drunk donald trump on kimmel is hilarious.
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514

I was going to respond before you edited.
    This article which will cause bandwidth use for sure if you click on it, so please don't click unless you can http://gawker.com/5639360/the-i-like-turtles-kid-is-all-grown-up

I don't get the reference to Trump.
    I watched the video today. The turtle room cracked me up. Took me a minute to figure out why there was a Saved by the Bell poster in there. Lol

Thanks for posting that!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I saw a meme that showed Christie standing behind Trump and had Trump's ignorant quote about Mrs. Khan over it with the "she"s replaced with "he"s, I was very amused by that.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    brianlux said:

Friday13 said:

That policy wasn't "free"
    Believe that
    Middle class voters should definitely support the GOP.
    With their expectations diminished where else should they go? 8 more years of this failed President w crooked Hillary, the devil?

Really the same GOP who stood by and let a clown become their face the same GOP who's now scrambling to save face because they are staring down another Election loss they are hoping the clown either has a bad accident or heart attack or just quits , I'm middle class immigrant the GOP has never looked out for my interest never , so go ahead you make sure you vote for Trump since his got your back he def doesn't have mine !!
    will you please start using some punctuation I know it's hard but it renders your posts a little hard to read that's a shame because I'm interested to some degree about where you're coming from considering you're a middle class immigrant and thus have strong feelings about the clown who is the face of the GOP adding periods between your sentences would make it a lot easier for people to read !!
    Yes of course teacher ..............
    Hey I'm just saying if you want to sound coherent, it'd be a good idea to try making your rants legible. You make less sense than Trump. Well...that might be going too far but you get my point.
    I too have no problem with Jose's communication.

I do.....we disagree on most topics HAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAH

Godfather.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,384
    I wonder if Donald is thinking of a way to drop out...
    www.myspace.com

I bet if he does it will not be until after he's elected(if he's elected) giving the seat to his VP, that would not surprise me.

Godfather.

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,925

That's exactly what he's doing. Funny cause I saw an article on this a while back - the man's got absolutely nothing to lose, and the minute he actually does feel like he has something to lose he'll bitch and moan, and cry foul. It's the same thing with all of his failures - it's always someone else's fault.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659

That's exactly what he's doing. Funny cause I saw an article on this a while back - the man's got absolutely nothing to lose, and the minute he actually does feel like he has something to lose he'll bitch and moan, and cry foul. It's the same thing with all of his failures - it's always someone else's fault.
    Exactly this
    That's why he has started to cry that if he loses it's because the election is rigged.
    Claiming a contest is rigged is what sore losers cry.
    Waaaaaaaaaaaah I lost it must be rigged :bawling:
  • CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    "I’ve lost all respect sorry this is absolutely rigged for money… Or ratings [I’m] not sure which. I won’t be silent . Just saw it live sry"
    Ayesha Curry
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Why are some of you surprised that a lame duck president would campaign either on behalf of Hilary or simply against trump?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    Last night I was out to dinner and ran into my congressman, a Democrat, (who shall remain unnamed) and after catching up and talking about common friends I had to ask him about the current presidential election. He said that "it's crazy" and "one ridiculous comment after another". That his republican friends, including those in congress, can't believe things have gotten this far. But, that it makes things interesting, and he looks forward to election night.
    Election night can't come soon enough
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,375
    I'm guessing that Paul Manafort will bail soon. Rumor is that he's "mailing it in" and the staff is scattered.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2016/08/03/daily-202-paul-ryan-s-trump-dilemma-has-gotten-much-much-worse/57a16d16cd249a68be7adb8e/?tid=sm_fb
    The uncomfortable truce meant to keep the Republican Party united through Election Day is now hanging by the slimmest of threads. And all that is keeping the GOP from outright civil war is a raw political calculation from the party's self-styled guardian of conservative principles.

For months, House Speaker Paul D. Ryan agonized as Donald Trump trampled on long-held GOP doctrine with his populist rage as he edged closer to the party's presidential nomination. But once Trump had the nomination in hand -- and after Ryan withheld his endorsement for weeks -- an informal deal seemed to emerge.

Ryan (Wis.) would campaign on his "Better Way" policy platform and make the case that Trump would be the candidate most likely to enact it into law, and Trump would "pivot" into a more conventional general-election presidential campaign.

That deal evaporated Tuesday, when Trump refused to endorse Ryan's re-election in an interview with the Phil Rucker and gave precious oxygen to his populist Republican opponent just a week before the primary. (Read the whole Trump interview here in which he also rejected backing Sens. John McCain (Ariz.) -- saying he "should have done a much better job for vets" -- and Kelly Ayotte (N.H.) -- who he called "weak." McCain and Ayotte are both supporting Trump.)

“We need very, very strong leadership. And I’m just not quite there yet. I’m not quite there yet,” Trump said in a conscious echo of Ryan's own refusal to endorse Trump in the days after he cleared the GOP presidential field.

It was a stunning assertion of dominance by Trump after days of self-inflicted controversy -- sparked by his criticism of the parents of a Muslim-American Army captain who died in Iraq -- that left Ryan and other GOP officeholders struggling to mount a reaction.

Ryan on Monday put out a carefully worded statement that defended the family of Capt. Humayun Khan but did not mention Trump by name. It stopped well short of the full-throated denunciation that Democrats, Trump's Republican critics, and the Khans themselves had called for.

But Trump hit back anyway, in a manner calibrated to underscore the gaping divide between Ryan conservatives and Trump populists.

In Wisconsin, the populist right is clearly hoping for a repeat of the 2014 dethroning of then-Majority Leader Eric Cantor (Va.) in Ryan's primary. His unabashedly pro-Trump opponent, Paul Nehlen, has taken a hatchet to the Ryan mythos of a young conservative warrior steeped in Friedman and Von Mises and raised at the foot of Jack Kemp to reshape the federal government in Reaganesque fashion.

In a Tuesday interview with the publisher of Breitbart.com, for instance, Nehlen called Ryan a "soulless globalist" and an "open borders guy" who was "grown in a petri dish in D.C."

But don't expect Ryan to abandon Trump -- at least, not yet.

The institutional stakes are simply too high for Ryan or Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) to spark a GOP crackup. Both the Trump and Ryan wings need to show up on Nov. 8 and vote Republican if the party is going to keep its congressional majorities -- and it's Trump, not Ryan, who has the party in his thrall.

That being said, there were reports late last night and into the early morning that more Republicans would abandon Trump in the coming days as infighting in his campaign increases. In one prominent defection, Mitt Romney backer Meg Whitman of eBay fame announced that she will support Hillary Clinton and raise funds for her, calling Trump a " dishonest demagogue." The story revealed that Clinton is actively seeking the support of Republican donors (Whitman said she had a "lovely chat" with the Democratic nominee in a phone call last month).

There were some signs of a campaign shake up yesterday as two senior staffers who'd previously worked for Ben Carson were let go, reports Politico's Alex Isenstadt and Ken Vogel -- longtime GOP operative Ed Brookover, who was advising Trump politically; and Jimmy Stracner, who was Western political director for the Western region.

John Harwood reports that things are bad inside the Trump campaign, with even campaign chairman Paul Manafort refusing to challenge the candidate and calling the staff "suicidal:"
    LOL....fucking hilarious

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mrussel1 said:

How come Obama is suddenly getting so in the face of the public to not support Trump?

It has been since Ike in 1960, since we've had a second term president with enough good will to actually campaign. Obama intends to use the bully pulpit to protect the progressive advances over the past 8 years. He's not taking any chances. God bless him.
    he has nothing to lose now, so he is gonna use the bully pulpit. also, prepare for executive orders to come flying out of his butt since he is no longer politically accountable to voters.

i don't think bill clinton campaigned for gore. gore thought bill was political poison. turns out, had he let bill campaign for him gore probably would have won in 2000.
    Didn't he win anyways?

He never took office, but didn't he win? Among so many adjectives one might choose to use... it's fair to say that Bush was a fraudulent president.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

Last night I was out to dinner and ran into my congressman, a Democrat, (who shall remain unnamed) and after catching up and talking about common friends I had to ask him about the current presidential election. He said that "it's crazy" and "one ridiculous comment after another". That his republican friends, including those in congress, can't believe things have gotten this far. But, that it makes things interesting, and he looks forward to election night.
    Election night can't come soon enough

Why do you keep him nameless?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place

all his failures ? HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA you'd love to fail the way he has ! LOL !!!!!!

Godfather.

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,925

all his failures ? HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA you'd love to fail the way he has ! LOL !!!!!!

Godfather.

You're right - I wish everything was handed to me as well.

Jearlpam0925.
    edited August 2016
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rnc-chair-trump-staff-implosion-after-week-of-blunders
    Following a week of high-profile blunders, Donald Trump’s antics have left the chair of the Republican National Committee “apoplectic” and his own aides “suicidal,” according to several reports.

RNC Chair Reince Priebus was reportedly “apoplectic” over Trump’s bucking the party line by refusing to back House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) or Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) for re-election and called several of Trump’s staffers to voice his discontent, according to NBC's Katy Tur.

A longtime ally of top Trump staffer Paul Manafort also told CNBC’s John Harwood that Manafort is “not challenging Trump anymore” and is “mailing it in,” while the campaign staff is “suicidal."

Top staffers "feel like they are wasting their time," on Trump's campaign, CNN reported.

NBC News’ Peter Alexander tweeted that an anonymous source confirmed “it’s all true” about Harwood’s reporting and that the situation is “way worse than people realize.”

Jason Miller, a spokesman for the campaign, called Harwood's reporting on Manafort "completely erroneous."

"The idea that Paul Manafort is mailing it in is completely erroneous," Miller said in a statement to CNN. "Our campaign just finished up our strongest month of fundraising to date, we're adding talented and experienced staffers on a daily basis and Mr. Trump's turning out bigger, more enthusiastic crowds than Hillary Clinton ever could."
    I love this shit. Trump refused to back Ryan because Ryan hesitated on backing Trump. Now the GOP is pissed that Trump dissed Ryan.

edit: Gern Blansten

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290217-scarborough-trump-asked-about-adviser-about-using-nuclear

This creates fear...it's not something that is being manufactured.
    Donald Trump asked a foreign policy adviser multiple times in an hour-long briefing why the U.S. can’t use its nuclear weapons, MSNBC anchor Joe Scarborough said Wednesday morning.

Scarborough revealed the story while he was interviewing former CIA Director Michael Hayden on "Morning Joe" about Trump's campaign.

“Several months ago, a foreign policy expert went to advise Donald Trump,” Scarborough said. “And three times he asked about the use of nuclear weapons — three times he asked. At one point, ‘If we have them, why can’t we use them?’ ”

“That’s one of the reasons why he doesn’t have foreign policy experts around him,” Scarborough added.

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,169

The first half of this interview is spot on. An amazing inside analysis of Trump, some on Hillary and why he's all in on Gary Johnson.

http://youtu.be/D3JX4m4nJKw

Penn Jilette on being a Libertarian then finishes up talking about music.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,169

If he wants to eat chicken with knife and fork no problem he has to shake many hands.

However, the man must be a bit paranoid having bullet proof glass on his plane. Btw, KFC is vastly overrated and overpriced.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/senior-gop-officials-exploring-options-trump-drops/story?id=41089609&cid=abcn_fb
    Republican officials are exploring how to handle a scenario that would be unthinkable in a normal election year: What would happen if the party's presidential nominee dropped out?

ABC News has learned that senior party officials are so frustrated — and confused — by Donald Trump's erratic behavior that they are exploring how to replace him on the ballot if he drops out.

So how would it work?

First, Trump would have to voluntarily exit the race. Officials say there is no mechanism for forcing him to withdraw his nomination. (Trump has not given any indications that he no longer wants to be his party's nominee.)

Then it would be up to the 168 members of the Republican National Committee to choose a successor, though the process is complicated.

One Republican legal expert has advised party officials that, for practical reasons, Trump would have to drop out by early September to give the party enough time to choose his replacement and get the next nominee's name on the ballot in enough states to win.

Here is what the RNC's bylaws say about filling a vacancy on a presidential ticket:

Rule No. 9: Filling Vacancies in Nominations

(a) The Republican National Committee is hereby authorized and empowered to fill any and all vacancies which may occur by reason of death, declination or otherwise of the Republican candidate for president of the United States or the Republican candidate for vice president of the United States, as nominated by the national convention, or the Republican National Committee may reconvene the national convention for the purpose of filling any such vacancies.

(b) In voting under this rule, the Republican National Committee members representing any state shall be entitled to cast the same number of votes as said state was entitled to cast at the national convention.

(c) In the event that the members of the Republican National Committee from any state shall not be in agreement in the casting of votes hereunder, the votes of such state shall be divided equally, including fractional votes, among the members of the Republican National Committee present or voting by proxy.

(d) No candidate shall be chosen to fill any such vacancy except upon receiving a majority of the votes entitled to be cast in the election.
    It does seem like Trump dropping out would be the best thing for the GOP at this point.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I would suspect they are vetting several replacement candidates.

Godfather.

You're right - I wish everything was handed to me as well.

Jearlpam0925.</blockquot

a lot of people have had it "handed to them" but the ones who manage to hold on and increase it ? now there's something to think about.

Godfather.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,862
    edited August 2016
    Jason P said:

I'm really wondering how this would work. What would they do to nominate another person at this point? Have another round of primaries??? Can they just insert someone without anyone voting in this case?
    I am starting to turn back to the original theory of Trump sabotaging the election in favour of Clinton, lol.
    Has this already been posted?:
    http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/donald-trump-kicks-baby-out-of-rally-she-really-believed-me-that-i-love-having-a-baby-crying-while-im-speaking

"Trump, the Republican nominee for president, was interrupted Tuesday by the wails of a child. At first, he appeared to welcome its cries and presence.

“Don’t worry about that baby, I love babies,” Trump said. “I hear that baby crying, I like it. What a beautiful baby.”

But when the baby continued to cry, Trump followed up by saying “Actually, I was just get kidding — you can get that baby out of here!”

“That’s alright, don’t worry,” he appears to reassure the parents. “I think she really believed me that I love having a baby crying while I’m speaking.”

Trump then seemed to suggest that he was joking and that the baby could stay. The child soon stopped crying."

This man is fucking crazy. It's not so much that he asked a baby to leave because it was crying and interrupting his speech (silly mother should have gotten the baby out of there immediately on her own). It's the way he went about it. Nuckin' futz.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

I'm really wondering how this would work. What would they do to nominate another person at this point? Have another round of primaries??? Can they just insert someone without anyone voting in this case?
    I am starting to turn back to the original theory of Trump sabotaging the election in favour of Clinton, lol.
    Has this already been posted?:
    http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/donald-trump-kicks-baby-out-of-rally-she-really-believed-me-that-i-love-having-a-baby-crying-while-im-speaking

"Trump, the Republican nominee for president, was interrupted Tuesday by the wails of a child. At first, he appeared to welcome its cries and presence.

“Don’t worry about that baby, I love babies,” Trump said. “I hear that baby crying, I like it. What a beautiful baby.”

But when the baby continued to cry, Trump followed up by saying “Actually, I was just get kidding — you can get that baby out of here!”

“That’s alright, don’t worry,” he appears to reassure the parents. “I think she really believed me that I love having a baby crying while I’m speaking.”

Trump then seemed to suggest that he was joking and that the baby could stay. The child soon stopped crying."

This man is fucking crazy. It's not so much that he asked a baby to leave because it was crying and interrupting his speech (silly mother should have gotten the baby out of there immediately on her own). It's the way he went about it. Nuckin' futz.
    The 168 members of the RNC would choose a candidate...still complicated

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I imagine John Kasich would be the logical choice, especially since he is governor of a swing state.

Cruz would plead his case that he finished 2nd, but the RNC would respond AHAHAHAHAH FUCK YOU!
This discussion has been closed.