Trump

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,833
    mrussel1 said:

Friday13 said:

That policy wasn't "free"
    Believe that
    Middle class voters should definitely support the GOP.
    With their expectations diminished where else should they go? 8 more years of this failed President w crooked Hillary, the devil?

Really the same GOP who stood by and let a clown become their face the same GOP who's now scrambling to save face because they are staring down another Election loss they are hoping the clown either has a bad accident or heart attack or just quits , I'm middle class immigrant the GOP has never looked out for my interest never , so go ahead you make sure you vote for Trump since his got your back he def doesn't have mine !!
    will you please start using some punctuation I know it's hard but it renders your posts a little hard to read that's a shame because I'm interested to some degree about where you're coming from considering you're a middle class immigrant and thus have strong feelings about the clown who is the face of the GOP adding periods between your sentences would make it a lot easier for people to read !!
    Ha! You were being ironic with that run on sentence, right?
    Yeah. I have to write a lot of court memos and reports for my job so I'm a stickler for punctuation. Not that message board posts need to have completely proper punctuation. But when you can't even read it, it needs to be addressed.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,862

I'm sorry I interrupted the primetime main event, mrussel vs. Pjfan, with my jackassery. I will try my hardest not to let that happen again. I make no promises though, because I really am a jackass.

Hahaha. I for one appreciate your presence on the AMT very much! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,121

Friday13 said:

Believe that
    With their expectations diminished where else should they go? 8 more years of this failed President w crooked Hillary, the devil?

Really the same GOP who stood by and let a clown become their face the same GOP who's now scrambling to save face because they are staring down another Election loss they are hoping the clown either has a bad accident or heart attack or just quits , I'm middle class immigrant the GOP has never looked out for my interest never , so go ahead you make sure you vote for Trump since his got your back he def doesn't have mine !!
    will you please start using some punctuation I know it's hard but it renders your posts a little hard to read that's a shame because I'm interested to some degree about where you're coming from considering you're a middle class immigrant and thus have strong feelings about the clown who is the face of the GOP adding periods between your sentences would make it a lot easier for people to read !!
    Yes of course teacher ..............
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,375
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,375
    I'm really wondering if we might get to the point where Pence resigns the VP nomination. I would bet that he is starting to wonder if he has made the biggest mistake of his political life.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,833

Friday13 said:

Believe that

Hey I'm just saying if you want to sound coherent, it'd be a good idea to try making your rants legible. You make less sense than Trump. Well...that might be going too far but you get my point.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

Friday13 said:

Believe that

Friday13 said:

Believe that

Hey I'm just saying if you want to sound coherent, it'd be a good idea to try making your rants legible. You make less sense than Trump. Well...that might be going too far but you get my point.
    Yeah sure whatever you say ...
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096

Friday13 said:

Believe that

This seems pretty harsh and unnecessary. I was able to understand Jose without problems.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

I'm really wondering if we might get to the point where Pence resigns the VP nomination. I would bet that he is starting to wonder if he has made the biggest mistake of his political life.

He smiles on the outside, but deep down inside, he is doing this ...

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,308
    Jason P said:

Thanks for endorsement...

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Maybe someone in the GOP promised Pence their would be an "incident" with Trump that would make Pence the candidate.

But I know some people personally that are in politics and are familiar with Pence and they told me his surrounded by "yes men", so he isn't able to gauge things correctly because everyone is kissing his butt. He was actually shocked about the outrage over the "religious freedoms" act ... like he had no idea that public outrage was a possibility.

He is only 2 weeks in and already has to go out there with a straight face and speak good will about Trump's impeccable record and respect of the US military.

Pence my friend, enjoy the next 3 months ...
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855

myoung321 said:

Day after day he says the most ridiculous things... This leads me to no other explanation other than mental illness. A sane person would have STFU and understand the battles to fight. If he can't do that now, what makes anyone think he can do it when lives or the economy are on the line?

Supporters... Sorry, but I just can't understand how any sane, reasonable, caring, decent person can listen to him, then come away thinking he is even capable of being POTUS .. sorry but DAMN... crazy is crazy

even more cunning and dangerous is the one who deceives and knows how to make you believe it.....the Clinton's are America's deceivers but most of you will never see it or believe it, even when it's so evident that everybody else see's it there will always be many who refuse to see it. what a shame.

Godfather.

What?... most see that. Most don't especially like Hillary...but damn man... If I have to pick how to be screwed over then I'll pick the cat burglar that steals all my crap when I'm not looking... as opposed to the lunatic that comes in waving a gun shooting people along the way and telling everyone to just trust them..
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,554
    edited August 2016

Friday13 said:

Believe that

I too have no problem with Jose's communication.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,554
    Jason P said:

Jason P, the giffmeister!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

benjs said:

Friday13 said:

Believe that

This seems pretty harsh and unnecessary. I was able to understand Jose without problems.
    Agreed. I do prefer punctuation for sure, but I have never found it difficult to understand what Jose is saying. Definitely not incoherent or illegible.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm sorry I interrupted the primetime main event, mrussel vs. Pjfan, with my jackassery. I will try my hardest not to let that happen again. I make no promises though, because I really am a jackass.

Hahaha. I for one appreciate your presence on the AMT very much! :)
    Thank you, PJ_Soul. That makes me so happy!. :smiley:
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    lukin2006 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    Hitler is a no go for any argument. Educate yourself on that fact please.

So again I state that a plane getting shot down involving Russians is common in the US media.

Ah, says who? We aren't talking about genocide, we are talking about expansionism. The correlations are clear and at least Hitler negotiated it vs. Putin's nakedly aggressive move. Notice I didn't compare it to Poland. Educate yourself in history please.

Second, please explain that last statement. Are you saying that you don't believe a Russian weapon was used?

An American telling a Canadian to educate himself on history is the equivalent of American telling us to get a geography lesson, oh yeah, I forgot the US won WW2 on its own...silly of me.
    Your statement is suggesting that every Canadian knows more world history and geography than any American.
    That's pretty ignorant.
    You aren't speaking to a Trump supporting, two-tooth, rebel flag waving yokel from 'sippi... Mrussel1 is an educated, informed intellectual who happens to have a close personal tie to European aggression and WW2 fallout, and would surely smoke YOU on the history of the subject. The poster he was replying to is clearly out of his/her depth on the issue, as evidenced by the lack of critical discussion.
    This isn't an American vs Canadian thing. MRussel1's analysis of the subject has been spot on. I couldn't give a rats ass about the "khan" situation, which is another topic altogether, but nothing drove me crazier yesterday then when Trump said "Russia isn't going into the Ukraine". Russia is already there you fuckhead!! It is stupid shit like this that makes it very hard for me to like Trump. Sure it's possible that he's using these statements for some future grand strategy on foreign policy in a Trump administration (I actually see a play here which I would be happy to discuss in another post) but my gut still tells me that he's just making up shit as he goes along. The problem with this of course is Putin uses these statements for domestic consumption which then bolsters his aggressive actions. If there is no Trump grand strategy underneath these words then the words themselves become extremely dangerous and I completely understand why the foreign policy establishment would look on horrified.

All this said...and before any Trump hater pats him/herself on the back for being on the right side of this issue...I also need to note that the only thing that drives me crazier then Trump's statements on Russia is the Democrats new found hawkishness on the same subject after a complete abdication of responsibility on Russia since 2008. MRussel1 has done a proper breakdown of the history but he has left out where the two parties have been on this in the last 8 years.

During the 2008 campaign Putin pushed into parts of Georgia and took South Ossetia. McCain and Palin spoke very hawkishly on this and were criticized as warmongers for doing so. Palin we all remember was made out to be an idiot with her comments on Russia but she was far more prescient on Putin's intentions then even the oh so wise foreign policy establishemnt. When Obama took power he treated Medvedev/Putin with kid gloves and Clinton began the Russian reset. This reset included the cancelling of a missle shield in Poland which was scene as America turning it's back on a NATO ally. Palin (the idiot) vocally warned that failing to confront Putin would result in the invasion of Ukraine next but again the establishment and the left laughed at the moronic war wonger. The celebrated reset overtime proved to be an absolute disaster as Putin continued to turn anti-democratic and pushed to reassert Russian influence on it's border, the middle east, and south america. As the 2012 election rolled around Romney began to speak hawkishly on this subject while Obama was promising Medvedev "more flexibility" and Clinton was approving Russian takeovers of US Uranium. When the 2012 debates came Romney called Russia the number one geo-political foe and Obama said "The 1980's called and they want their foreign policy back". The democrats just laughed...oh snap...and ran a commercial of that over and over again. When the invasion of Ukraine happened with Putin's little green men NATO and the US were caught completely flat footed and since then the US has been obstructed by Putin globally at every turn including in Syria. These are all absolute facts so to all of a sudden see the Democratic party turn into hawks on Russia when all they have done is enable them through weakness for the last 8 years completely blows my mind. The Obama/Clinton foreign policy completely failed to check Putin in any way whatsoever and now they want to act as the defenders of NATO? The Clinton Foundation took a ton of kickbacks on the sale of Uranium to Russia and yet the Clintons are going to accuse Trump of being the Manchurian Candidate? I have a ton of problems with Tump on this...believe me, believe me....but I refuse to allow the Democrats to covince me that they are the defenders of the west in the face of Russian aggresion. They not only failed for 8 years but they demonized those who advocted for action. Sure I welcome them to the party now...better late then never I guess...but nobody should forget just how bad the Obama administration has been on this issue. This is their legacy and not Trump's.
    Then why support Trump?
    Events, dear boy, events.
  • christie is just like all the rest. latched on to a rising star in the party hoping to be the vp. did not get the vp slot. now he is hoping for attorney general. because of his ambitions he has blown off his own state. now he will not be vp, and since trump will lose he will not be attorney general, and his political career is in the toilet in jersey. well played mayor mccheese, well played.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • I'm really wondering if we might get to the point where Pence resigns the VP nomination. I would bet that he is starting to wonder if he has made the biggest mistake of his political life.

he won't resign. since he is on the ticket he can't run for governor again, so he will be out of a job. he can't be one of them damn selfish lazy unemployeds now can he?

the problem with republicans is they are incapable of shame. they are incapable of admitting a mistake. everyone supporting and endorsing trump is going to drive the party into the ground. as it is today, the party will lose the white house, the house, and the senate. as a result they will lose the supreme court, which let's face it, was the only thing keeping that party on life support for the last 15 years.

christie is just like all the rest. latched on to a rising star in the party hoping to be the vp. did not get the vp slot. now he is hoping for attorney general. because of his ambitions he has blown off his own state. now he will not be vp, and since trump will lose he will not be attorney general, and his political career is in the toilet in jersey. well played mayor mccheese, well played.
    Christie's attempt to join Trump was the most awkward and damaging by far, lol. He was largely respected or at least considered to be reasonable and sane by the left and center. But that is all blown now, in one fell swoop. That weird moment on stage when he stood there looking mortified summed it all up. What a fool he was to do that.
  • PJ_Soul said:

christie is just like all the rest. latched on to a rising star in the party hoping to be the vp. did not get the vp slot. now he is hoping for attorney general. because of his ambitions he has blown off his own state. now he will not be vp, and since trump will lose he will not be attorney general, and his political career is in the toilet in jersey. well played mayor mccheese, well played.
    Christie's attempt to join Trump was the most awkward and damaging by far, lol. He was largely respected or at least considered to be reasonable and sane by the left and center. But that is all blown now, in one fell swoop. That weird moment on stage when he stood there looking mortified summed it all up. What a fool he was to do that.
    but...but... but.... he was a prosecutor who prosecuted people involved in terror.

doesn't make him qualified for higher office. his decision alone to endorse trump and campaign for him is proof of that.

that look he gave was like "did i leave the oven on? nooo, i had fast food today...did i leave it on yesterday???"

• "I LOVE BABIES!!!

ok, get the baby out of here..."

troll level: god

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Oh my - is this one true? I will have my family in VA check this out...

https://mic.com/articles/150443/at-donald-trump-rally-in-virginia-boy-screams-take-the-bitch-down#.BxBsOf5cQ
  • i just saw the news break that judge curiel is allowing trump u lawsuit to proceed. can't wait to see trump's angry tweets later this evening.

the problem with republicans is they are incapable of shame. they are incapable of admitting a mistake. everyone supporting and endorsing trump is going to drive the party into the ground. as it is today, the party will lose the white house, the house, and the senate. as a result they will lose the supreme court, which let's face it, was the only thing keeping that party on life support for the last 15 years.
    Don't say that out loud or it won't come true! You're jinxing us man.
  • How come Obama is suddenly getting so in the face of the public to not support Trump?
    Is he worried about something or is this just standard practice for a sitting lame duck POTUS to meddle in the affairs of an upcoming election?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politics/obama-says-trump-unfit-for-presidency/
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/obama-trump-1.3704157
    The NFL did not send him any letter this guy just lies all the time

The NFL did not send him any letter this guy just lies all the time

That he does. I think blushing is his tell and that's why he looks like George Hamilton's long lost twin. If he had Pinocchio's tell, he'd get rhinoplasty to rock the Cyrano de Bergerac look.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,308

How come Obama is suddenly getting so in the face of the public to not support Trump?
    Is he worried about something or is this just standard practice for a sitting lame duck POTUS to meddle in the affairs of an upcoming election?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politics/obama-says-trump-unfit-for-presidency/
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/obama-trump-1.3704157

It has been since Ike in 1960, since we've had a second term president with enough good will to actually campaign. Obama intends to use the bully pulpit to protect the progressive advances over the past 8 years. He's not taking any chances. God bless him.
This discussion has been closed.