Trump

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    Hitler is a no go for any argument. Educate yourself on that fact please.

So again I state that a plane getting shot down involving Russians is common in the US media.

Ah, says who? We aren't talking about genocide, we are talking about expansionism. The correlations are clear and at least Hitler negotiated it vs. Putin's nakedly aggressive move. Notice I didn't compare it to Poland. Educate yourself in history please.

Second, please explain that last statement. Are you saying that you don't believe a Russian weapon was used?

An American telling a Canadian to educate himself on history is the equivalent of American telling us to get a geography lesson, oh yeah, I forgot the US won WW2 on its own...silly of me.
    Your statement is suggesting that every Canadian knows more world history and geography than any American.
    That's pretty ignorant.
    You aren't speaking to a Trump supporting, two-tooth, rebel flag waving yokel from 'sippi... Mrussel1 is an educated, informed intellectual who happens to have a close personal tie to European aggression and WW2 fallout, and would surely smoke YOU on the history of the subject. The poster he was replying to is clearly out of his/her depth on the issue, as evidenced by the lack of critical discussion.
    This isn't an American vs Canadian thing. MRussel1's analysis of the subject has been spot on. I couldn't give a rats ass about the "khan" situation, which is another topic altogether, but nothing drove me crazier yesterday then when Trump said "Russia isn't going into the Ukraine". Russia is already there you fuckhead!! It is stupid shit like this that makes it very hard for me to like Trump. Sure it's possible that he's using these statements for some future grand strategy on foreign policy in a Trump administration (I actually see a play here which I would be happy to discuss in another post) but my gut still tells me that he's just making up shit as he goes along. The problem with this of course is Putin uses these statements for domestic consumption which then bolsters his aggressive actions. If there is no Trump grand strategy underneath these words then the words themselves become extremely dangerous and I completely understand why the foreign policy establishment would look on horrified.

All this said...and before any Trump hater pats him/herself on the back for being on the right side of this issue...I also need to note that the only thing that drives me crazier then Trump's statements on Russia is the Democrats new found hawkishness on the same subject after a complete abdication of responsibility on Russia since 2008. MRussel1 has done a proper breakdown of the history but he has left out where the two parties have been on this in the last 8 years.

During the 2008 campaign Putin pushed into parts of Georgia and took South Ossetia. McCain and Palin spoke very hawkishly on this and were criticized as warmongers for doing so. Palin we all remember was made out to be an idiot with her comments on Russia but she was far more prescient on Putin's intentions then even the oh so wise foreign policy establishemnt. When Obama took power he treated Medvedev/Putin with kid gloves and Clinton began the Russian reset. This reset included the cancelling of a missle shield in Poland which was scene as America turning it's back on a NATO ally. Palin (the idiot) vocally warned that failing to confront Putin would result in the invasion of Ukraine next but again the establishment and the left laughed at the moronic war wonger. The celebrated reset overtime proved to be an absolute disaster as Putin continued to turn anti-democratic and pushed to reassert Russian influence on it's border, the middle east, and south america. As the 2012 election rolled around Romney began to speak hawkishly on this subject while Obama was promising Medvedev "more flexibility" and Clinton was approving Russian takeovers of US Uranium. When the 2012 debates came Romney called Russia the number one geo-political foe and Obama said "The 1980's called and they want their foreign policy back". The democrats just laughed...oh snap...and ran a commercial of that over and over again. When the invasion of Ukraine happened with Putin's little green men NATO and the US were caught completely flat footed and since then the US has been obstructed by Putin globally at every turn including in Syria. These are all absolute facts so to all of a sudden see the Democratic party turn into hawks on Russia when all they have done is enable them through weakness for the last 8 years completely blows my mind. The Obama/Clinton foreign policy completely failed to check Putin in any way whatsoever and now they want to act as the defenders of NATO? The Clinton Foundation took a ton of kickbacks on the sale of Uranium to Russia and yet the Clintons are going to accuse Trump of being the Manchurian Candidate? I have a ton of problems with Tump on this...believe me, believe me....but I refuse to allow the Democrats to covince me that they are the defenders of the west in the face of Russian aggresion. They not only failed for 8 years but they demonized those who advocted for action. Sure I welcome them to the party now...better late then never I guess...but nobody should forget just how bad the Obama administration has been on this issue. This is their legacy and not Trump's.
    Then why support Trump?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    Friday13 said:

Dickish

Leave dick nixon out of this
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,375
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/rep-richard-hanna-becomes-first-gop-congressman-to-dump-deeply-flawed-trump-and-back-clinton/
    In a scathing commentary piece published on Syracuse.com, a New York Republican congressman announced that he will be voting for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton in November, saying GOP nominee Donald Trump is “unfit to serve our party and cannot lead this country.”

With his announcement, Rep. Richard Hanna, a three-term congressman serving New York’s 22nd District, becomes the first GOP member of Congress to turn his back on his own party’s choice and publicly state that he will vote for the opposing party’s nominee.

“Months ago I publicly said I could never support Trump. My reasons were simple and personal. I found him profoundly offensive and narcissistic but as much as anything, a world-class panderer, anything but a leader. Little more than a changing mirror of those he speaks to,” Hanna wrote. “I never expect to agree with whoever is president, but at a minimum the president needs to consistently display those qualities I have preached to my two children: kindness, honesty, dignity, compassion and respect. I do not expect perfection, but I do require more than the embodiment of at least a short list of the seven deadly sins.”

“If I compare the life stories of both candidates I find Trump deeply flawed in endless ways. A self-involved man who is worth billions yet is comfortable — almost gleefully — using bankruptcy laws to avoid the consequences of his own choices. A man of character would not defend his actions but rather display shame and or at least regret. He is unrepentant in all things. Think about those average people who paid for his choices.”

Like other conservatives before him, Hanna said Trump’s comments on the parents of a fallen war hero were the last straw.

‘In his latest foray of insults, Mr. Trump has attacked the parents of a slain U.S. soldier. Where do we draw the line? I thought it would have been when he alleged that U.S. Sen. John McCain was not a war hero because he was caught. Or the countless other insults he’s proudly lobbed from behind the Republican presidential podium,” he wrote. “For me, it is not enough to simply denounce his comments: He is unfit to serve our party and cannot lead this country.”

Hanna then stated he will be casting his vote for Clinton, saying he’s doing it based upon his belief that, “being a good American who loves his country is far more important than parties or winning and losing.”

“I trust she can lead. All Republicans may not like the direction, but they can live to win or lose another day with a real candidate. Our response to the public’s anger and the need to rebuild requires complex solutions, experience, knowledge and balance. Not bumper sticker slogans that pander to our disappointment, fear and hate.”
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,308
    A thrice married New Yorker bashing a Mormon in Utah is rarely a good strategy.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    This past weekend, the billionaire industrialist Charles Koch told hundreds of donors that make up his political network that Trump does not embrace, nor will he fight for, free market principles.

That's one reason Koch's network, which has the deepest pockets in conservative politics, is ignoring the presidential contest this year and focusing its fundraising wealth on races for Congress. Donors and elected officials gathering at a Koch event in Colorado said they accepted the Koch brothers' decision, even if it hurts the GOP's White House chances.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeb-bush-advisers-departure-from-gop-shows-effect-of-donald-trump/

thought you guy's would enjoy this.

Godfather.
  • http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/rep-richard-hanna-becomes-first-gop-congressman-to-dump-deeply-flawed-trump-and-back-clinton/

In a scathing commentary piece published on Syracuse.com, a New York Republican congressman announced that he will be voting for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton in November, saying GOP nominee Donald Trump is “unfit to serve our party and cannot lead this country.”

With his announcement, Rep. Richard Hanna, a three-term congressman serving New York’s 22nd District, becomes the first GOP member of Congress to turn his back on his own party’s choice and publicly state that he will vote for the opposing party’s nominee.

“Months ago I publicly said I could never support Trump. My reasons were simple and personal. I found him profoundly offensive and narcissistic but as much as anything, a world-class panderer, anything but a leader. Little more than a changing mirror of those he speaks to,” Hanna wrote. “I never expect to agree with whoever is president, but at a minimum the president needs to consistently display those qualities I have preached to my two children: kindness, honesty, dignity, compassion and respect. I do not expect perfection, but I do require more than the embodiment of at least a short list of the seven deadly sins.”

“If I compare the life stories of both candidates I find Trump deeply flawed in endless ways. A self-involved man who is worth billions yet is comfortable — almost gleefully — using bankruptcy laws to avoid the consequences of his own choices. A man of character would not defend his actions but rather display shame and or at least regret. He is unrepentant in all things. Think about those average people who paid for his choices.”

Like other conservatives before him, Hanna said Trump’s comments on the parents of a fallen war hero were the last straw.

‘In his latest foray of insults, Mr. Trump has attacked the parents of a slain U.S. soldier. Where do we draw the line? I thought it would have been when he alleged that U.S. Sen. John McCain was not a war hero because he was caught. Or the countless other insults he’s proudly lobbed from behind the Republican presidential podium,” he wrote. “For me, it is not enough to simply denounce his comments: He is unfit to serve our party and cannot lead this country.”

Hanna then stated he will be casting his vote for Clinton, saying he’s doing it based upon his belief that, “being a good American who loves his country is far more important than parties or winning and losing.”

“I trust she can lead. All Republicans may not like the direction, but they can live to win or lose another day with a real candidate. Our response to the public’s anger and the need to rebuild requires complex solutions, experience, knowledge and balance. Not bumper sticker slogans that pander to our disappointment, fear and hate.”
    About time. The silence has been tough to interpret.

Can the Republican party ever rebound to a level of credibility given this humiliating event?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290105-trump-got-five-draft-deferments-during-vietnam

When he couldn't stay in school he went for the medical deferment. Such a sacrifice...

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    A clown (a very good clown, the very best) is reporting that this election is rigged.
    Jason P said:

A clown (a very good clown, the very best) is reporting that this election is rigged.

Yeah he's planting the seed for an excuse. I'm wondering if he is going to back out of the debates. That actually would be smart of his campaign to do so.

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

This past weekend, the billionaire industrialist Charles Koch told hundreds of donors that make up his political network that Trump does not embrace, nor will he fight for, free market principles.

That's one reason Koch's network, which has the deepest pockets in conservative politics, is ignoring the presidential contest this year and focusing its fundraising wealth on races for Congress. Donors and elected officials gathering at a Koch event in Colorado said they accepted the Koch brothers' decision, even if it hurts the GOP's White House chances.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeb-bush-advisers-departure-from-gop-shows-effect-of-donald-trump/

thought you guy's would enjoy this.

Godfather.

this is actually bad news for the democrats ... they need control of at least one of the houses ...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

Jason P said:

Yeah he's planting the seed for an excuse. I'm wondering if he is going to back out of the debates. That actually would be smart of his campaign to do so.
    The best strategy is to lock him in a closet for the next several months and suspend his twitter account and see if Mike Pence can salvage the campaign.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    edited August 2016
    Jason P said:

The best strategy is to lock him in a closet for the next several months and suspend his twitter account and see if Mike Pence can salvage the campaign.

They'd need to take away his phone while he's in there, or he'll find another way to post publicly!

R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    Oh shit....Obama just laid down the law. This should be good.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-donald-trump-unfit-serve-president/story?id=41066637&cid=abcn_fb

"The question that I think that they have to ask themselves is, if you are repeatedly having to say in very strong terms that what he has said is unacceptable, why are you still endorsing him? What does this say about your party that this is your standard bearer?" Obama said. "This isn’t a situation where you have an episodic gaffe. This is daily and weekly where they are distancing themselves from statements he’s making."

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096
    On John Oliver the other night, he made a great point, that Trump is running his campaign like a bed of nails of insulting remarks. Make one outrageous statement and people are shocked and offended and the message resonates, like stepping on a nail. Make multiple outrageous statements and people become desensitized to them and the negative impact of any one statement is diminished - like stepping on a bed of nails.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:

On John Oliver the other night, he made a great point, that Trump is running his campaign like a bed of nails of insulting remarks. Make one outrageous statement and people are shocked and offended and the message resonates, like stepping on a nail. Make multiple outrageous statements and people become desensitized to them and the negative impact of any one statement is diminished - like stepping on a bed of nails.

Yeah it makes you wonder if it's intentional. The problem though is that only the lowest common denominator voter is still with him. He's strengthening the bond with them but turning away everyone else.

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096

benjs said:

Yeah it makes you wonder if it's intentional. The problem though is that only the lowest common denominator voter is still with him. He's strengthening the bond with them but turning away everyone else.
    That appears to be exactly what's happening. The question is - are there enough voters who fall into the category of "lowest common denominator" to win him the election? The ironic part is that if the lowest common denominator were just a little more educated, they would probably recognize that he is running his campaign on emotional appeal to what he clearly considers the most bigoted, ignorant, uneducated sects of society - and they might not want to side with him anymore.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    edited August 2016
    benjs said:

benjs said:

That appears to be exactly what's happening. The question is - are there enough voters who fall into the category of "lowest common denominator" to win him the election? The ironic part is that if the lowest common denominator were just a little more educated, they would probably recognize that he is running his campaign on emotional appeal to what he clearly considers the most bigoted, ignorant, uneducated sects of society - and they might not want to side with him anymore.
    I don't think there is (enough to elect him.) I think the GOP is surprised that the LCDs were able to take over the party.

The problem is that the GOP couldn't guide them to a more electable candidate and now the whole thing is blowing up in their face.

Edit: My brother and sister in law are good examples. The last I heard they don't like Trump but they definitely wouldn't vote Clinton. They are middle class voters that have no business supporting the GOP. They benefited in an enormous way with Obamacare. They had no health insurance until Obamacare kicked in. They signed their 21 year old son up for a policy that was basically free and like 3 months later his appendix exploded. That would have been a few hundred thousand dollar hospital visit I'm guessing.

Yet they most likely oppose Obamacare.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• Friday13Friday13 Posts: 120
    edited August 2016
    That policy wasn't "free"
    Believe that
    Middle class voters should definitely support the GOP.
    With their expectations diminished where else should they go? 8 more years of this failed President w crooked Hillary, the devil?
    Post edited by Friday13 on
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited August 2016
    Day after day he says the most ridiculous things... This leads me to no other explanation other than mental illness. A sane person would have STFU and understand the battles to fight. If he can't do that now, what makes anyone think he can do it when lives or the economy are on the line?

Supporters... Sorry, but I just can't understand how any sane, reasonable, caring, decent person can listen to him, then come away thinking he is even capable of being POTUS .. sorry but DAMN... crazy is crazy
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

Friday13 said:

Believe that
    With their expectations diminished where else should they go? 8 more years of this failed President w crooked Hillary, the devil?

Too bad we don't know what the GOP offers. All we hear out of Agent Orange is a series of lies, petty grievances and personal insults. Yeah, that's what the middle class needs right now.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    myoung321 said:

Day after day he says the most ridiculous things... This leads me to no other explanation other than mental illness. A sane person would have STFU and understand the battles to fight. If he can't do that now, what makes anyone think he can do it when lives or the economy are on the line?

Supporters... Sorry, but I just can't understand how any sane, reasonable, caring, decent person can listen to him, then come away thinking he is even capable of being POTUS .. sorry but DAMN... crazy is crazy

even more cunning and dangerous is the one who deceives and knows how to make you believe it.....the Clinton's are America's deceivers but most of you will never see it or believe it, even when it's so evident that everybody else see's it there will always be many who refuse to see it. what a shame.

Godfather.

myoung321 said:

even more cunning and dangerous is the one who deceives and knows how to make you believe it.....the Clinton's are America's deceivers but most of you will never see it or believe it, even when it's so evident that everybody else see's it there will always be many who refuse to see it. what a shame.

Godfather.

Funny...considering Trump is the purveyor of a fake university.. a stock offering that returned less than 10 cents on the $ before it folded... in the fucking 90's for God's sake.. a 'wall' plan that can't be done, one sided trade agreements that are impossible to have signed. Projection is a funny thing.
    Friday13 said:

Believe that

To them it was free. Definitely.

Friday13 said:

Believe that

And you're right.. it wasn't free. It was shared expenses across a pool of people. That's how insurance works. The reality is that this particular couple paid in far less than they took out for this round. The alternative was apparently complete out of pocket expense.
    mrussel1 said:

Friday13 said:

Believe that

And you're right.. it wasn't free. It was shared expenses across a pool of people. That's how insurance works. The reality is that this particular couple paid in far less than they took out for this round. The alternative was apparently complete out of pocket expense.
    Exactly....or more likely a medical bankruptcy

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,121
    Friday13 said:

Believe that

Really the same GOP who stood by and let a clown become their face the same GOP who's now scrambling to save face because they are staring down another Election loss they are hoping the clown either has a bad accident or heart attack or just quits , I'm middle class immigrant the GOP has never looked out for my interest never , so go ahead you make sure you vote for Trump since his got your back he def doesn't have mine !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • It's about known compared to unknown for me. We know how corrupt Clinton and her family is. Acting like she's there for the lower and working class but working for the rich and oppressing the poor all the while. We know what we'll get with her. They're incredibly racist and the laws passed under Clinton which he later acknowledged and apologized for hurt the minorities in cities more so than any other president in our age. Making a quantity of powder cocaine less criminal than equal amounts of crack put blacks in prison and funded the prison system who fills clintons pockets. They ruined the plight and the civil rights movement yet now she runs and lies through her teeth like she's going to help them.

With trump we get an asshole who says tons of stupid crap and pisses people off, but we don't know how he'll run a nation. It's an unknown. People try to point to his bankruptcies as negatives but that only makes him a better businessman in my eyes- that's how business works, and he uses any means at his disposal to survive. He's got lawsuits against him but until he's hit with running businesses illegally he's better than Clinton for me. I don't like trump as a presidential candidate, I think it's a complete joke and outrageous that he's an option, but I can't vote for someone who I know is as corrupt as Clinton.

I may go for stein in the end, but that won't keep corruption out of the office since Clinton will win.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,833

Friday13 said:

Believe that

Really the same GOP who stood by and let a clown become their face the same GOP who's now scrambling to save face because they are staring down another Election loss they are hoping the clown either has a bad accident or heart attack or just quits , I'm middle class immigrant the GOP has never looked out for my interest never , so go ahead you make sure you vote for Trump since his got your back he def doesn't have mine !!
    will you please start using some punctuation I know it's hard but it renders your posts a little hard to read that's a shame because I'm interested to some degree about where you're coming from considering you're a middle class immigrant and thus have strong feelings about the clown who is the face of the GOP adding periods between your sentences would make it a lot easier for people to read !!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

Friday13 said:

Believe that

will you please start using some punctuation I know it's hard but it renders your posts a little hard to read that's a shame because I'm interested to some degree about where you're coming from considering you're a middle class immigrant and thus have strong feelings about the clown who is the face of the GOP adding periods between your sentences would make it a lot easier for people to read !!
    Ha! You were being ironic with that run on sentence, right?
This discussion has been closed.