Trump

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,869
    lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

How do we know Trump won the nomination "legitimately"? I wouldn't just assume that. God knows what kind of bullshit was going on behind closed doors during that race. Oh, and http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/trumps-self-funding-lie/482691/

Well considering republicans actively worked to prevent his nomination ... and yet couldnt stop him.
    That's exactly why I suspect there could very easily have been some shady backroom business going on.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Why? ^^^
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

OnWis97 said:

This thing is over.

The DNC is, unbelievably, a bigger dumpster fire than the RNC. Trump's the next President of the United States and there's nothing anyone can do about it now.

The gavel literally just dropped and you're calling it a dumpster fire? Why? Because Schultz resigned? By thursday, nobody will even remember her name.

And I've got a steak dinner on trump not winning. Any takers?
    Depends on where that steak is from Outback, Long Horn, Ruth's Chris, Morton's? It could be a $20 bet or a $100 depending on your steak quality :)
    I have a Logans, Texas Roadhouse, and Applebee's near me. We can call it a $40 gift card to a steak house. That ought to buy a good steak anywhere.
    I'm in for Morton's! This should be high stakes...or steaks. You choose.
    I will wager $40 gift card to the restaurant of your choice (that is within my tri County area) to one individual that that wants to bet on trump winning the election. I'll give dirty frank the first opportunity to take the bet since I was talking to him first about it. If he doesn't want to, you can take the wager if you'd like
    I

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I think Cuban will be President someday as a very moderate republican

He did kinda sorta seem interested when he was asked if he'd consider it, but he also said that he probably wouldn't because he didn't want to drag his family into such a thing. Although maybe when his kids are grown that wouldn't be such a concern.
    Yep. He mentioned at different times that he would be open to being either's VP. He is getting too involved not to run sometime soon.
    Isn't is ridiculous that billionaires just automatically think that running for POTUS is one more possible business decision? From what little I know about this guy, he's never done anything that qualifies him for the job. Also, he is apparently an Ayn Rand fan, so he's basically a filthy rich libertarian, which to me spells trouble.
    I love Ayn Rand. And in fact I think anyone who does not like Rand is missing some education in their lives. But I don't know how you would get that from my post I mean it is what I wrote.
    Trump reads. Trump knows. Trump will be your leader.
    If you love Ayn Rand then you would know that there is no point trying to convince the takers of the wisdom of your ways. They cannot be educated. Trump is the equivalent of Hank Rearden running for office and is clearly aiming his message at the producers hoping to rally enough people to the cause. If he is unable to do so however it might be encumbent upon the producers to go Galt and leave the takers to the horrors that they wish to inflict upon themselves.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/national/trump-backer-yells-profanities-racist-comment-subway-article-1.2725934

To paraphrase Chris Tucker in Friday, if I were on that subway I would have knocked the racist scum the F out.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/national/trump-backer-yells-profanities-racist-comment-subway-article-1.2725934

To paraphrase Chris Tucker in Friday, if I were on that subway I would have knocked the racist scum the F out.

“When I was a kid," Orr replied, "I used to walk around all day with crab apples in my cheeks. One in each cheek."

... A minute passed. "Why?" [Yossarian] found himself forced to ask finally.

Orr tittered triumphantly. "Because they're better than horse chestnuts... When I couldn't get crab apples," Orr continued, "I used horse chestnuts. Horse chestnuts are about the same size as crab apples and actually have a better shape, although the shape doesn't matter a bit."

"Why did you walk around with crab apples in your cheeks?" Yossarian asked again. "That's what I asked."

"Because they've got a better shape than horse chestnuts," Orr answered. "I just told you that."

"Why," swore Yossarian at him approvingly, "you evil-eyed, mechanically aptituded, disaffiliated son of a bitch, did you walk around with anything in your cheeks?"

"I didn't," Orr said, "walk around with anything in my cheeks. I walked around with crab apples in my cheeks. When I couldn't get crab apples I walked around with horse chestnuts. In my cheeks.”
    ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    edited July 2016
    Donald Trump 7/30/12- "Smart move by Democrats to have Bill Clinton play a key role in their convention."

Donald Trump tonight- "No matter what Bill Clinton says and no matter how well he says it, the phoney media will exclaim it to be incredible. Highly overrated!"

Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

OnWis97 said:

This thing is over.

The DNC is, unbelievably, a bigger dumpster fire than the RNC. Trump's the next President of the United States and there's nothing anyone can do about it now.

The gavel literally just dropped and you're calling it a dumpster fire? Why? Because Schultz resigned? By thursday, nobody will even remember her name.

And I've got a steak dinner on trump not winning. Any takers?
    Depends on where that steak is from Outback, Long Horn, Ruth's Chris, Morton's? It could be a $20 bet or a $100 depending on your steak quality :)
    I have a Logans, Texas Roadhouse, and Applebee's near me. We can call it a $40 gift card to a steak house. That ought to buy a good steak anywhere.
    I'm in for Morton's! This should be high stakes...or steaks. You choose.
    I will wager $40 gift card to the restaurant of your choice (that is within my tri County area) to one individual that that wants to bet on trump winning the election. I'll give dirty frank the first opportunity to take the bet since I was talking to him first about it. If he doesn't want to, you can take the wager if you'd like
    I

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I think Cuban will be President someday as a very moderate republican

He did kinda sorta seem interested when he was asked if he'd consider it, but he also said that he probably wouldn't because he didn't want to drag his family into such a thing. Although maybe when his kids are grown that wouldn't be such a concern.
    Yep. He mentioned at different times that he would be open to being either's VP. He is getting too involved not to run sometime soon.
    Isn't is ridiculous that billionaires just automatically think that running for POTUS is one more possible business decision? From what little I know about this guy, he's never done anything that qualifies him for the job. Also, he is apparently an Ayn Rand fan, so he's basically a filthy rich libertarian, which to me spells trouble.
    I love Ayn Rand. And in fact I think anyone who does not like Rand is missing some education in their lives. But I don't know how you would get that from my post I mean it is what I wrote.
    Trump reads. Trump knows. Trump will be your leader.
    If you love Ayn Rand then you would know that there is no point trying to convince the takers of the wisdom of your ways. They cannot be educated. Trump is the equivalent of Hank Rearden running for office and is clearly aiming his message at the producers hoping to rally enough people to the cause. If he is unable to do so however it might be encumbent upon the producers to go Galt and leave the takers to the horrors that they wish to inflict upon themselves.
    Oh lordy, lol

Objectivism is ridiculous, less realistic than communism!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Not watching but apparently Trump is currently on a pro Russia rant right now and has basically asked them to keep hacking...

Also apparently said Tim Kaine represents New Jersey.
    So assuming as Trump and others state, that Hillary has classified information in her emails, Trump is advocating Russia hack and obtain classified information.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309

Not watching but apparently Trump is currently on a pro Russia rant right now and has basically asked them to keep hacking...

Manafort said today that he won't be releasing his taxes, while denying there is anything Russian related in them. I would LOVE it if he stays on the Russia issue. This is a bad, bad issue. I can guarantee you that these words will be played in Cleveland and Pitts over and over. These cities have heavy Ukrainian and Polish populations to this day. And a good Slavic will NEVER trust the Russian gov't.
    mrussel1 said:

Manafort said today that he won't be releasing his taxes, while denying there is anything Russian related in them. I would LOVE it if he stays on the Russia issue. This is a bad, bad issue. I can guarantee you that these words will be played in Cleveland and Pitts over and over. These cities have heavy Ukrainian and Polish populations to this day. And a good Slavic will NEVER trust the Russian gov't.
    Good call. I can't believe he hired Manafort.

mrussel1 said:

Good call. I can't believe he hired Manafort.

That's right... he was involved in Yanukovych's campaign. Fucking pro-Russian Uke's... cant' stand them.
    Asked a question on Crimea

We'll be looking into it
    Have you met any foreign leaders in preparation for becoming president to build relationships?

No, not interested. I'm interested in winning. I will have great relationships with all leaders
    Glorious...he just called Obama ignorant

mrussel1 said:

This is setting the table for the exposure of all the Clinton Foundation emails. When the Giustra/Clinton connections showing how Russia got control of all that Uranium under Clinton's watch the campaign can say "It's not us that are dealing with the Russian!".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/1100-donors-to-a-canadian-charity-tied-to-clinton-foundation-remain-secret/2015/04/28/c3c0f374-edbc-11e4-8666-a1d756d0218e_story.html

Look at the bird. Look at the bird.
    Oh goodness, Hillary shouldn't get classified information because of Huma
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

This is setting the table for the exposure of all the Clinton Foundation emails. When the Giustra/Clinton connections showing how Russia got control of all that Uranium under Clinton's watch the campaign can say "It's not us that are dealing with the Russian!".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/1100-donors-to-a-canadian-charity-tied-to-clinton-foundation-remain-secret/2015/04/28/c3c0f374-edbc-11e4-8666-a1d756d0218e_story.html

So you think that the State department can approve uranium sales to a foreign power without the approval of the DOD, DHS and ultimately Obama? People keep trying to bubble this story but it ignores the natural checks and balances inherent in the cabinet positions.
    Cut off a question he didn't like

And said Kaine is very unpopular in Virginia.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

So you think that the State department can approve uranium sales to a foreign power without the approval of the DOD, DHS and ultimately Obama? People keep trying to bubble this story but it ignores the natural checks and balances inherent in the cabinet positions.
    It certainly is possible. You are making a lot of assumptions about who and what departments were involved in these checks and balances. If you read through the article below it will say that some of these items could be approved at the undersecretary level. So we don't actually have a paper trail of who was involved in the approval. What we do know is that many there are many career civil servants who at the request of Secretary of State Clinton would not hesitate to go along with her requests. We know this from the set-up of her server which, as per the inspectors general, clearly operated outside normal record keeping procedures. This doesn't mean these staff are push overs but if the Secretary made her wishes known they wouldn't likely push back on her request.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=1
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

It certainly is possible. You are making a lot of assumptions about who and what departments were involved in these checks and balances. If you read through the article below it will say that some of these items could be approved at the undersecretary level. So we don't actually have a paper trail of who was involved in the approval. What we do know is that many there are many career civil servants who at the request of Secretary of State Clinton would not hesitate to go along with her requests. We know this from the set-up of her server which, as per the inspectors general, clearly operated outside normal record keeping procedures. This doesn't mean these staff are push overs but if the Secretary made her wishes known they wouldn't likely push back on her request.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=1
    I disagree with the premise. The career officers are far more likely to NOT go along with her 'wishes'. Regardless, the article specifically points out that several governmental agencies would have to sign off on such a deal, which supports what I am saying. So the State department does not have sole power. Admittedly, I only read aboutr 40% of the article, but please tell me where anything in this article is not just conjecture or seeks to point out the unique circumstances of the Clinton Foundation.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    I dont know what scares me more.....

donald drumpf

Or.....

The people who actually believe him, support him, and would vote for him

Downright scary :fearful:
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

I disagree with the premise. The career officers are far more likely to NOT go along with her 'wishes'. Regardless, the article specifically points out that several governmental agencies would have to sign off on such a deal, which supports what I am saying. So the State department does not have sole power. Admittedly, I only read aboutr 40% of the article, but please tell me where anything in this article is not just conjecture or seeks to point out the unique circumstances of the Clinton Foundation.
    Well on other issues, such as the server, career officers have demonstrated that they would go along with her wishes. The few officers who asked about the server were told not to discuss it ever again and were essentially pressured in to silence. We also know that the State Department didn't have an Inspector General until very late into Clinton's tenure so there wasn't any watch dog to keep an eye on things. Now as far as conjecture is concerned there certainly is a lot of that including in the statement "several government agencies would have to sign off on such a deal". The paper doesn't don't actually tell you which agencies and which staff. Did they even search for this information. Lastly I find it pretty amazing how you can brush this off as an article the "unique circumstances of the Clinton Foundation". There are major red flags here on corruption and pay to play. It shouldn't be brushed off as innocent happenstance brought on by a "unique" situation. There is far more smoke in this article then any article on Trump's connections to the Russians and yet nobody is afraid to make that insinuation. This story needs to be explored no matter where the facts lead. Don't let your backing of Hillary prevent you from recognizing this.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125

I dont know what scares me more.....

donald drumpf

Or.....

The people who actually believe him, support him, and would vote for him

Downright scary :fearful:

Tough call his supporters are down right vile but he's their leader so I'll say he scares me the most specially with access to the NUCLEAR CODES !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Friday13Friday13 Posts: 120
    he will be all of our leader.

God Bless

WOOT
    Friday13 said:

he will be all of our leader.

God Bless

WOOT

Is USAMAMASAN back with us, or did someone revive a ghost? Someone said he was banned.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

“When I was a kid," Orr replied, "I used to walk around all day with crab apples in my cheeks. One in each cheek."

... A minute passed. "Why?" [Yossarian] found himself forced to ask finally.

Orr tittered triumphantly. "Because they're better than horse chestnuts... When I couldn't get crab apples," Orr continued, "I used horse chestnuts. Horse chestnuts are about the same size as crab apples and actually have a better shape, although the shape doesn't matter a bit."

"Why did you walk around with crab apples in your cheeks?" Yossarian asked again. "That's what I asked."

"Because they've got a better shape than horse chestnuts," Orr answered. "I just told you that."

"Why," swore Yossarian at him approvingly, "you evil-eyed, mechanically aptituded, disaffiliated son of a bitch, did you walk around with anything in your cheeks?"

"I didn't," Orr said, "walk around with anything in my cheeks. I walked around with crab apples in my cheeks. When I couldn't get crab apples I walked around with horse chestnuts. In my cheeks.”
    ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22
    Do you have a point other than "but they do it too" and "It's okay to be a thug if you're white and republican", troll?

• Friday13Friday13 Posts: 120
This discussion has been closed.