Trump

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I think Cuban will be President someday as a very moderate republican
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,869

He did kinda sorta seem interested when he was asked if he'd consider it, but he also said that he probably wouldn't because he didn't want to drag his family into such a thing. Although maybe when his kids are grown that wouldn't be such a concern.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    PJ_Soul said:

He did kinda sorta seem interested when he was asked if he'd consider it, but he also said that he probably wouldn't because he didn't want to drag his family into such a thing. Although maybe when his kids are grown that wouldn't be such a concern.
    Yep. He mentioned at different times that he would be open to being either's VP. He is getting too involved not to run sometime soon.
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

Yep. He mentioned at different times that he would be open to being either's VP. He is getting too involved not to run sometime soon.
    Isn't is ridiculous that billionaires just automatically think that running for POTUS is one more possible business decision? From what little I know about this guy, he's never done anything that qualifies him for the job. Also, he is apparently an Ayn Rand fan, so he's basically a filthy rich libertarian, which to me spells trouble.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

Cuban is crazy, but I don't think he is that crazy.
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Isn't is ridiculous that billionaires just automatically think that running for POTUS is one more possible business decision? From what little I know about this guy, he's never done anything that qualifies him for the job. Also, he is apparently an Ayn Rand fan, so he's basically a filthy rich libertarian, which to me spells trouble.
    I love Ayn Rand. And in fact I think anyone who does not like Rand is missing some education in their lives. But I don't know how you would get that from my post I mean it is what I wrote.
    Trump reads. Trump knows. Trump will be your leader.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I love Ayn Rand. And in fact I think anyone who does not like Rand is missing some education in their lives. But I don't know how you would get that from my post I mean it is what I wrote.
    So if someone doesn't like Rand they just need to be educated? What education would that be?

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

How so? That's pretty stupid thing to say.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    Yeah, I feel like people aren't selfish enough, so we definitely need a philosophy like Objectivism to encourage more.
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

So if someone doesn't like Rand they just need to be educated? What education would that be?
    People learn things for different reasons. Some specialize some don't.
    Some look at things and learn from them.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

This kind....

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

:dizzy:
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Trump has mastered the art of controlling the "media".
    Trump has mastered the art of making everything business not personal.
    Trump has mastered the art of realizing that stepping on his own toe hurts and shares that with others.
    Trump has mastered the art of letting the people know that "he sees your bullshit" in a non Jon Stewart way.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I think Trump getting elected would be a hoot, like Clinton is much better...and at least trump won the nomination legitimately...and the crazier the shit he said the better he did, makes one almost think he wasn't serious about winning the nomination...

Didn't he also fund his own run to the nomination? If true, then he at least used his own money.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Trump has mastered the art of controlling the "media".
    Trump has mastered the art of making everything business not personal.
    Trump has mastered the art of realizing that stepping on his own toe hurts and shares that with others.
    Trump has mastered the art of letting the people know that "he sees your bullshit" in a non Jon Stewart way.
    Not personal? He called Ted Cruz's wife ugly.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    edited July 2016
    How do we know Trump won the nomination "legitimately"? I wouldn't just assume that. God knows what kind of bullshit was going on behind closed doors during that race. Oh, and http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/trumps-self-funding-lie/482691/
    Of course the best reason trump being elected would be great ... it would make these boards much more interesting for the next 4 years ... hahahaha.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

He's Trump minus the fascism. I have respect for him just for his involvement with HDNet which made it possible for indie movies from studios like Magnolia to be available on demand for those in flyover states who can't see certain indie movies in theaters. Just for that, I can't hate him.
  • lukin2006 said:

Of course the best reason trump being elected would be great ... it would make these boards much more interesting for the next 4 years ... hahahaha.

Make these board great again!
    (Insert picture of Donald or Hillary wearing that slogan on their hat).
    lukin2006 said:

It pains me to say this since I hate him and don't you forget it but I'd rather have 4 years of him than 8 years of Hillary. He will be a guarantee one term POTUS. Although the only reason I prefer Hillary over him at gunpoint is because of trusting her when it comes to selecting a SC judge than Trump.

I just hope I can get to Canada.
    Trump has been "loaning" himself money throughout his campaign. How do you think that will get paid back? That's right, through campaign donations. I'm sure that interest rate is low.

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, I saw someone (this billionaire American who used to support Trump, but doesn't anymore, and he had done a bit of business with Trump in the past. I think it was the ownder of the Mavericks or some other sports team) say that what he saw as a really big red flag with Trump is that not a single business associate supported him at the RNC.
    Mark Cuban...yeah at one point he said he wouldn't mind being Trump's VP. He makes a good point...the only people that I have seen comment that Trump has done business with were all pretty unhappy because he stiffed them.
    He'd be better than Pence for sure.

The only hope with him as POTUS is if congress full of people who are anti Trump whether they're democrat or republican. 88 percent is up for re election.

Trump has been "loaning" himself money throughout his campaign. How do you think that will get paid back? That's right, through campaign donations. I'm sure that interest rate is low.

Plus, there's the unreleased taxes.
  • Trump has been "loaning" himself money throughout his campaign. How do you think that will get paid back? That's right, through campaign donations. I'm sure that interest rate is low.

And the $27 loans that Sanders received gets paid back when?

I just happened to post this in another thread: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/trumps-self-funding-lie/482691/
    PJ_Soul said:

I just happened to post this in another thread: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/trumps-self-funding-lie/482691/
    You posted it in this thread. I was responding to your post, just didn't Quote it.

PJ_Soul said:

You posted it in this thread. I was responding to your post, just didn't Quote it.
    Lol, oh. For some reason I couldn't find it here, so thought it must have been a different thread. :tongue:
    PJ_Soul said:

How do we know Trump won the nomination "legitimately"? I wouldn't just assume that. God knows what kind of bullshit was going on behind closed doors during that race. Oh, and http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/trumps-self-funding-lie/482691/

Well considering republicans actively worked to prevent his nomination ... and yet couldnt stop him.

lukin2006 said:

Make these board great again!
    (Insert picture of Donald or Hillary wearing that slogan on their hat).
    Yes ... and you are excellent at posting pictures!

PJ_Soul said:

Yes and the liberal loving us media is so truthful.

This discussion has been closed.