Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

rgambs said:

put America First, and restore Law & Order to our great country. what American in their right mind doesn't want these things?

What American actually thinks Trump can (or even wants to) makae that happen?
    how do you know what Trump wants to do?
    How do YOU know?
    i dont.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    edited July 2016
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

I hope Hillary doesn't pull this same shit when the DNC rolls in.

(I smile, but who am I kidding)

And I respectfully ask if it's possible to please ease up on these Hitler references? It's insulting to those who were directly affected by him in a really, truly fucking horrific way.

Amazing how shit gets shut down over blowjobs, but heavier shit? Nope. And I really don't want anything to be shut down, but consistency would be refreshing.

Couldn't the argument be made that failing to identify him as the dangerous demagogue he clearly is would be a bigger insult to the victims of the terrible despots of the 20th century?
    I agree. I actually feel like the Hitler comparisons are apt in this specific case. If the comparisons were ridiculous I would agree with you Hedo, but they aren't. Trump really is doing and saying some things that parallel Hitler's ideas and propaganda tactics, and I think that is important to point out and remind people of.
    This is insane. You are officially radlib.
    No I'm not, not even close, and I think it is really dirty of you to absolutely refuse to tell us what qualifies as a "radlib" in your mind when asked but then turn around and call me that, especially when it's so far from accurate.

Are you capable of actual discussion btw? If you are, tell me why you think this is insane. I think there are true parallels between some of Hitler's political views and tactics and Trump's because of the whole banning Muslims and getting all Muslims registered in a database. This is literally the same way Hitler started in on the Jews in the 1930s. Also because of the propaganda tactics that the Trump is employing in his campaign. They are pretty much identical to those that Hitler employed during his rise to power. He played on people's fear and anger and specifically encouraged discrimination towards specific groups of people, all in the name of making the country great again. He is also the same as Hilter in the way he presents himself as the ultimate and only leader, and as though he can just do whatever he wants when he's in office (he can't of course, but that is how he speaks of himself and for some reason people appear to think it's somehow possible).

So obviously I've given my specific reasons as to why I think the comparison of Trump to Hitler is reasonable, none of which suggest that I am "radlib", and none of which are insane.

Here, read this: http://www.thewrap.com/are-hitler-trump-comparisons-fair-a-holocaust-survivor-tells-his-son/
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

And I respectfully ask if it's possible to please ease up on these Hitler references? It's insulting to those who were directly affected by him in a really, truly fucking horrific way.

Amazing how shit gets shut down over blowjobs, but heavier shit? Nope. And I really don't want anything to be shut down, but consistency would be refreshing.

Couldn't the argument be made that failing to identify him as the dangerous demagogue he clearly is would be a bigger insult to the victims of the terrible despots of the 20th century?
    I agree. I actually feel like the Hitler comparisons are apt in this specific case. If the comparisons were ridiculous I would agree with you Hedo, but they aren't. Trump really is doing and saying some things that parallel Hitler's ideas and propaganda tactics, and I think that is important to point out and remind people of.
    This is insane. You two are officially radlib.
    Fixed

There was a time on these boards when some saw me as a troll and I'm glad that time is over. I did some research to find out what a troll was. Now it is so easy to see when people do this.
    Hitler referencing? dumb

• Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

she had me at kill the child instead of a fucking ape.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    You two are ridiculous. (And PJ Fan needs to work on his research skills. He still doesn't know what a troll is even though he is one, lol)
    Here you go.
    http://www.thewrap.com/are-hitler-trump-comparisons-fair-a-holocaust-survivor-tells-his-son/

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/opinion/2016/04/08/similarities-donald-trump-hitler-truly-striking/82806958/

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Fixed

There was a time on these boards when some saw me as a troll and I'm glad that time is over. I did some research to find out what a troll was. Now it is so easy to see when people do this.
    Hitler referencing? dumb

Hahaha you do have a sense of humor, no doubt about that!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

No I'm not, not even close, and I think it is really dirty of you to absolutely refuse to tell us what qualifies as a "radlib" in your mind when asked but then turn around and call me that, especially when it's so far from accurate.

Are you capable of actual discussion btw? If you are, tell me why you think this is insane. I think there are true parallels between some of Hitler's political views and tactics and Trump's because of the whole banning Muslims and getting all Muslims registered in a database. This is literally the same way Hitler started in on the Jews in the 1930s. Also because of the propaganda tactics that the Trump is employing in his campaign. They are pretty much identical to those that Hitler employed during his rise to power. He played on people's fear and anger and specifically encouraged discrimination towards specific groups of people, all in the name of making the country great again. He is also the same as Hilter in the way he presents himself as the ultimate and only leader, and as though he can just do whatever he wants when he's in office (he can't of course, but that is how he speaks of himself and for some reason people appear to think it's somehow possible).

So obviously I've given my specific reasons as to why I think the comparison of Trump to Hitler is reasonable, none of which suggest that I am "radlib", and none of which are insane.

Here, read this: http://www.thewrap.com/are-hitler-trump-comparisons-fair-a-holocaust-survivor-tells-his-son/
    any extremely radical liberal would be considered a RadLib.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Right, so like eco-terrorists, people like that? How dumb do you think I am? I am asking for specifics. But thanks for telling me that radlib means radical liberal, lol.
    I am really, really far from being an extremely radical liberal, and it really is pissing me off that a couple of people are calling me that.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Right, so like eco-terrorists, people like that? How dumb do you think I am? I am asking for specifics. But thanks for telling me that radlib means radical liberal, lol.
    I am really, really far from being an extremely radical liberal, and it really is pissing me off that a couple of people are calling me that.
    It's ok.
    I get called troll and it makes me feel that way on the inside too.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Right, so like eco-terrorists, people like that?
    It's just trolling.
    Historically, the "center" is very far to the right currently. Cons think anyone left of Giuliani is a radlib.
    It's like history class isnt taught anymore, nobody remembers that the American left used to be full of ACTUAL communists and socialists, union activists and anarchists, they think Obama and Bernie are commies and they clearly lack perspective to those who are informed.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

It's ok.
    But you are a troll. I am not a radlib.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,477
    I don't hate the person but rather the personality I find it more disturbing that a big portion of populace has decided to follow his message of exclusivity instead of inclusivity but I can rest assured that a big % of minority's like myself will not be voting for him , again his not getting the black vote , Hispanic vote , women vote !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

It's just trolling.
    Historically, the "center" is very far to the right currently. Cons think anyone left of Giuliani is a radlib.
    It's like history class isnt taught anymore, nobody remembers that the American left used to be full of ACTUAL communists and socialists, union activists and anarchists, they think Obama and Bernie are commies and they clearly lack perspective to those who are informed.
    Thank you for bring me back to Earth rgambs, lol. My frustrations got the better of me. ;)
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    Yes, PJ_Soul is rad, thanks for noticing guys! :plus_one:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

It's ok.
    If you went to any liberal convention and starting spouting off any of that Hitler nonsense the only people who wouldn't leave would be the radlibs.
    You would be the guest speaker.
  • Options

Yes, PJ_Soul is rad, thanks for noticing guys! :plus_one:

:lol: That is literally the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me in the AMT, by far. So thanks for that. ;)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

i dont think youre dumb. i think you know everything... or at least YOU think you know everything. its exhausting. and your constant hate toward America and Americans is exhausting. you can deny until youre blue in the face, you hate America and you know it.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

rgambs said:

put America First, and restore Law & Order to our great country. what American in their right mind doesn't want these things?

How do YOU know?
    i dont.
    Which proves my point that your strawman doesn't make sense and you're of no right to judge.
  • Options

rgambs said:

How do YOU know?
    i dont.
    Which proves my point that your strawman doesn't make sense and you're of no right to judge.
    feel better now? want some warm milk?
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,743

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

i dont think youre dumb. i think you know everything... or at least YOU think you know everything. its exhausting. and your constant hate toward America and Americans is exhausting. you can deny until youre blue in the face, you hate America and you know it.
    Look out, he just played the 'you hate our country card'! Is it 2004 again?
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

It's just trolling.
    Paul Ryan is referred to a lib by people now just because he's left of Hitler and Trump like everyone is.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

It's ok.
    If you went to any liberal convention and starting spouting off any of that Hitler nonsense the only people who wouldn't leave would be the radlibs.
    You would be the guest speaker.
    So you agree with Trump on his social stand , deport 11million ban the Muslims from entering the country and putting the ones here in data base to keep track of ?
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

:lol: That's crazy that your perceptions can be so totally off base.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

No she doesn't she hates the political climate that has risen from the GOP campaign , I'm with her it's disturbing the path this country is on !!
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    PJ_Soul said:

I think there are true parallels between some of Hitler's political views and tactics and Trump's because of the whole banning Muslims and getting all Muslims registered in a database. This is literally the same way Hitler started in on the Jews in the 1930s. Also because of the propaganda tactics that the Trump is employing in his campaign. They are pretty much identical to those that Hitler employed during his rise to power. He played on people's fear and anger and specifically encouraged discrimination towards specific groups of people, all in the name of making the country great again. He is also the same as Hilter in the way he presents himself as the ultimate and only leader, and as though he can just do whatever he wants when he's in office (he can't of course, but that is how he speaks of himself and for some reason people appear to think it's somehow possible).

Give me a fucking break. I thought the comparisons people were making were just to showcase their disdain for the man...kinda like when people were saying GW was Hitler...I had no idea that people actually believed that bullshit.

Understand your history and try to comprehend the current situation in the world before making ridiculous claims. Jews of the time did not have sects that were indiscriminately terrorizing various regions of the world in the name of Yahweh, nor were those groups committing mass murders of those who didn't follow their beliefs at the time. In other words, that's not why Hitler decided to go after them...he did it because he was a sadistic asshole, that blamed the outcome of WWI on the Jews, and he also felt they were an inferior race that needed to be wiped off the face of the earth. Ironically, the latter belief is still held by some countries today.

That is not anywhere close to what is being done here, and it displays a gross lack of intelligence and common sense to try and make the comparison.

At this point you have a candidate who is saying...hey, before we let thousands, hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of people into this country that come from regions where there are hotbeds of radical muslims...let's make sure we vet them properly first. Only a complete fucking moron would have a problem with that.

Additionally, every candidate in recent history has made campaign promises and spouted rhetoric that goes completely against how our system works. They all say they are going to do this, or that, and everyone with a shred of knowledge on how government works knows they are full of shit.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,308
    uh oh, the "you hate america" card has been thrown.

what is this, 3rd grade?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

No she doesn't she hates the political climate that has risen from the GOP campaign , I'm with her it's disturbing the path this country is on !!
    i agree, its disturbing. in her case, i could go through her 30K+ posts in 3 years and make a scrap book 6 inches thick of her hate. nothing to do with Trump.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,743

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Fixed

Hitler referencing? dumb

Yes, let's just stick to reality. Like how he's inspired a white supremacist to run for the senate!

• Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,954
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines
    Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/67751/bombs-dropping-down
    Discuss the topic, not the people discussing the topic. No personal comments. Look your comments over before hitting Submit and be sure you're debating THE TOPIC.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,308

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Fixed

Hitler referencing? dumb

Yes, let's just stick to reality. Like how he's inspired a white supremacist to run for the senate!

there was a time when people would not touch duke with a 50 foot pole. he was a pariah. now he is being casually accepted back into the public eye.

we are through the looking glass here people.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
This discussion has been closed.