Trump

Comments

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

put America First, and restore Law & Order to our great country. what American in their right mind doesn't want these things?

What American actually thinks Trump can (or even wants to) makae that happen?
    how do you know what Trump wants to do?
    I'm all out of treats!
    good answer. i guess you just know everything. typical radical left know-it-all mentality.

i didnt know liberals could get so angry.

What makes you think anyone is angry?
    I'm not angry. I'm thrilled trump is the nominee. No chance he will win. And that's what counts.
    So you wouldn't prefer 2 nominees exchanging valid ideas on how to possibly shape the countries future ... instead of the 2 you got.
    What are you talking about?

Wouldn't you rather have viable candidates for president ... what don't you understand.
    i certainly would like some better options.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

put America First, and restore Law & Order to our great country. what American in their right mind doesn't want these things?

Interesting, as gun sales have skyrocketed over that same amount of time. Not pertinent to this conversation, but I just found the correlation interesting. Carry on all!
    The states with the most guns have the most violent crime. No?
    Haven't seen that statistic yet. Most that I've seen only tie to "gun crimes" and not violent crime as a whole. Anyways, Trump thread, not gun thread. I really do not want to hijack this meaningful hate filled thread with a gun control argument ;)
    i love you all.
    HATE is a very strong word....I may disagree or even dislike Trump but HATE him I won't go there. I won't go there with just about anyone, hate is a word I just wished never existed.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

I'm all out of treats!
    good answer. i guess you just know everything. typical radical left know-it-all mentality.

I'm not angry. I'm thrilled trump is the nominee. No chance he will win. And that's what counts.
    So you wouldn't prefer 2 nominees exchanging valid ideas on how to possibly shape the countries future ... instead of the 2 you got.

Wouldn't you rather have viable candidates for president ... what don't you understand.
    I didn't understand the way you worded it.

To answer your question, yes. But our options are certainly limited. My vote isn't going to a Democrat or a republican. Again.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    edited July 2016
    So Trump really said this?
    “I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is; I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.”

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Um, what party's platform is she speaking about?

This is the problem. She is campaigning for her dad but she is a Democrat (and sane). I feel like her dad has actually put her in an awkward position. But obviously she has decided to go along with it... for now at least. I think it might get tough for her as time goes on.
    I liked her on The Apprentice. Seems like a smart businesswoman I guess. Nothing spectacular or extraordinary about her skill or talent, but just fine. I do wonder what the reception to her would be if she wasn't beautiful. Actually, I doubt she would even be where she is now and campaigning for her dad at all if she wasn't beautiful. Trump has a problem with women who aren't hot, and I honestly think that would apply to his own daughter too. I am not saying she wouldn't have had the brains or personality to be successful if she wasn't so attractive, but for sure she would never have had the exposure that she's had through the help of her father without her looks. He would have just kept her behind the scenes if she wasn't gorgeous because that is the kind of man that Trump is.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    myoung321 said:

"We will open Trump Universities in every community"!!!!

:lol: He didn't really say that, right??
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

myoung321 said:

"We will open Trump Universities in every community"!!!!

:lol: He didn't really say that, right??
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

“I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is; I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.”

No he didn't.
    It was reported that he did but there is no proof.
    http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-africans-lazy-stealing/

• Options
    Jason P said:

Ivanka should be running for POTUS.

She is no more qualified than her father to be POTUS.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

hedonist said:

I hope Hillary doesn't pull this same shit when the DNC rolls in.

(I smile, but who am I kidding)

And I respectfully ask if it's possible to please ease up on these Hitler references? It's insulting to those who were directly affected by him in a really, truly fucking horrific way.

Amazing how shit gets shut down over blowjobs, but heavier shit? Nope. And I really don't want anything to be shut down, but consistency would be refreshing.

Couldn't the argument be made that failing to identify him as the dangerous demagogue he clearly is would be a bigger insult to the victims of the terrible despots of the 20th century?
    I agree. I actually feel like the Hitler comparisons are apt in this specific case. If the comparisons were ridiculous I would agree with you Hedo, but they aren't. Trump really is doing and saying some things that parallel Hitler's ideas and propaganda tactics, and I think that is important to point out and remind people of.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited July 2016

How many times did he say " I " is he running for president or dictator ..

"I ALONE can solve..."

Scary stuff
    He alone doesn't love or tempt us.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

PJ_Soul said:

No he didn't.

That's not the quote pjsoul is referencing.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

The old "you're intolerant for not tolerating intolerance" passive aggressive strawman fallacy. Yawn. :sleeping:
  • Options
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

No he didn't.
    Thank you.
    (I wish you'd stop with all the photos - it's making it harder to read the thread, especially on a phone. Just sayin')..... edit: PJFAN removed a link above to a snopes page saying it was false because the slopes link was referring to the wrong Quote).
  • Options
    g under p said:

That's one great assumption, I'm far from angry that would be a waste of my time. This whole fearmongering schtick is completely laughable by DT. Cute angle but it won't last.....maybe if those that were in charge in 2001 were paying more attention we wouldn't be in this so called Law & Order mess.

Peace

What angers me more is that because of democrats cheating my vote for Bernie in the CA primaries may not have counted.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

No he didn't.

Yeah I just realized that. I was reading about all the black things he said and ended up reading too many articles. But anyway it's at least another thing he has been accused of that there is no proof.
  • Options

rgambs said:

How do YOU know?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

No he didn't.
    Thank you.
    (I wish you'd stop with all the photos - it's making it harder to read the thread, especially on a phone. Just sayin')
    You need brand recognition to sell your product though. Be it food or campaigning for POTUS.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,743

PJ_Soul said:

No he didn't.

Yeah I just realized that. I was reading about all the black things he said and ended up reading too many articles. But anyway it's at least another thing he has been accused of that there is no proof.
    Trump himself said it was "probably true" in a later interview. Why do you support this guy?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

No he didn't.

Seems like a he said/he said thing. He might have said it (wouldn't shock me) but there is only the word of the person who claims to have heard it....... Oh wait. Okay, so PJFAN referenced the wrong Quote. Kay, so... Trump probably said it. I find it believable.
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

That's right America ... you got a choice a lovely choice

What I find amusing about the whole thing is you're on a PJ board....a band that's completely left, "radical". Hence, most of the people here are - and people are surprised by this?

It's like when people go to their shows and are like, "can you BELIEVE this liberal bullshit?!" Why, yes, yes, I can...I'm at a Pearl Jam show.

So you have to be a left wing liberal to enjoy this bands music or participate in political discussions on this board ... thats quite a stretch.
    I'm liberal but I don't call every democrat good and there are some republicans who are sane in some issues like Michael Steele and I even like Gary Johnson ffs. I just don't like it when people like pjfan are so one sided and ignorant that they don't see beyond their partisan hackery. Common rational thinking and sense is all I ask for. I get as much crap from Bernie hating Hillary fans as I do him. They're two sides of the same party before country coin.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,518
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

I hope Hillary doesn't pull this same shit when the DNC rolls in.

(I smile, but who am I kidding)

And I respectfully ask if it's possible to please ease up on these Hitler references? It's insulting to those who were directly affected by him in a really, truly fucking horrific way.

Amazing how shit gets shut down over blowjobs, but heavier shit? Nope. And I really don't want anything to be shut down, but consistency would be refreshing.

Couldn't the argument be made that failing to identify him as the dangerous demagogue he clearly is would be a bigger insult to the victims of the terrible despots of the 20th century?
    I agree. I actually feel like the Hitler comparisons are apt in this specific case. If the comparisons were ridiculous I would agree with you Hedo, but they aren't. Trump really is doing and saying some things that parallel Hitler's ideas and propaganda tactics, and I think that is important to point out and remind people of.
    This is insane. You are officially radlib.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I wonder if Jim Halpert gave Trump some advice on his speech....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uusO0avni9w

Come on, please tell me I wasn't the only one thinking of this while watching that monstrosity last night

Jim: You know I majored in Public Speaking in College.
    Dwight: You did?
    Jim: Mmmhmm. And the first thing they teach you is that you've got to be true to your self. And you are all about authority.
    Dwight: Yes. I am.
    Jim: The great speakers throughout history were not joke tellers. They were people of passion. So if you want to do well today, you got to do what they did.
    Dwight: Which is?
    Jim: You've got to wave your arms and you've got to pound your fists. Many times. It's supposed to emphasize your point.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Remember Martin Shkreli? He just praised Trump on his Twitter feed.

Birds of a feather.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

No he didn't.

Trump himself said it was "probably true" in a later interview. Why do you support this guy?
    He is made out to be this monster. Hitler referencing? cmon that's just stupid
    He is one guy. He will not transform your country or the world for that matter and lace it with gold trimming (but that would be cool though).
    He gives a big middle finger to the establishment insiders that many liberals love to rage against publicly and he can't be stopped. This is leadership.
    He speaks about all races equally which makes many squirm. So be it.
    A change with him in the whitehouse are a sign of the times. Either America has an evil underbelly or they know who to laugh at themselves. Maybe politics really are a joke and Trump knows this too.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

No he didn't.

He is made out to be this monster. Hitler referencing? cmon that's just stupid
    He is one guy. He will not transform your country or the world for that matter and lace it with gold trimming (but that would be cool though).
    He gives a big middle finger to the establishment insiders that many liberals love to rage against publicly and he can't be stopped. This is leadership.
    He speaks about all races equally which makes many squirm. So be it.
    A change with him in the whitehouse are a sign of the times. Either America has an evil underbelly or they know who to laugh at themselves. Maybe politics really are a joke and Trump knows this too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

The old "you're intolerant for not tolerating intolerance" passive aggressive strawman fallacy. Yawn. :sleeping:
    something like that
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

I'm all out of treats!

I didn't understand the way you worded it.

To answer your question, yes. But our options are certainly limited. My vote isn't going to a Democrat or a republican. Again.
    Then I think your a smart voter ... to me if you are going to vote at least vote for someone worthy ... a Clinton or Trump presidency likely would not impact most Americans...I just don't trust either one.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
This discussion has been closed.