Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

i think its time to admit we all, myself included, underestimated the man.

I wish I had been wrong. By last December, before any primary, I had predicted it would come down in the end to Trump v. Clinton. None of my friends believed me, but I totally called it. I wish I had put money on it!!
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

Now before all the people on this train who can't open their minds at least give an opinion as to why you would disagree with this sentiment.
    http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/protests-and-police-outside-gop-convention-feels-like-separate-world-from-trumpfest-inside?google_editors_picks=true
    Still, some polls suggest Donald Trump is the least popular major party candidate in history. His negatives, a measure of those who approve and disapprove of him personally, are unprecedented. His campaign then, has one ugly chance. If he can make people hate Hillary Clinton more than they fear him, he might just win.

im done saying he can't win. i am one of the many idiots that has had to eat crow over and over. too concerned with his bad hair to see The Movement happening right before my eyes. he will defeat Crooked Hillary.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

well, i have people assuming they know my intentions. then another calling me a spineless lemming for my beliefs. then we have you saying hitler himself would like me. all because i was raised to keep my word. the RadLibs are too much sometimes....

I didn't call you a spineless lemming. I said a person who would not break said pledge when circumstances change is a spineless lemming. Are RadCons hypersensitive or unfamiliar with the general 'royal you'?
    Actually, it's "the royal we." There is no "royal you." "You" is a dangerous pronoun because it is almost invariably interpreted as a direct address, and we should be careful to avoid it unless we are in fact talking directly to our reader. Not trying to be a grammar Nazi -- or any kind of Nazi -- just letting *you* know that if *you* want to avoid being misinterpreted, avoid "you" when referring to people in general.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

mrussel1 said:

well, i have people assuming they know my intentions. then another calling me a spineless lemming for my beliefs. then we have you saying hitler himself would like me. all because i was raised to keep my word. the RadLibs are too much sometimes....

I didn't call you a spineless lemming. I said a person who would not break said pledge when circumstances change is a spineless lemming. Are RadCons hypersensitive or unfamiliar with the general 'royal you'?
    Actually, it's "the royal we." There is no "royal you." "You" is a dangerous pronoun because it is almost invariably interpreted as a direct address, and we should be careful to avoid it unless we are in fact talking directly to our reader. Not trying to be a grammar Nazi -- or any kind of Nazi -- just letting *you* know that if *you* want to avoid being misinterpreted, avoid "you" when referring to people in general.
    I think we all can agree on hating grammar nazis.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,717

I wish I had been wrong. By last December, before any primary, I had predicted it would come down in the end to Trump v. Clinton. None of my friends believed me, but I totally called it. I wish I had put money on it!!

I actually said I hoped Trump would win so that none of the pathetic Republican nominees had a chance of actually becoming POTUS, but in didn't really think my hopes would come to fruition because I underet9mated Job's capacity to bore the country to death. But so far so good I guess, although I don't recall factoring in the amount of hate for Hillary coming from the left (some of which I find extremely overwrought), to the point where the left might split the vote and let Trump win anyhow.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,738

mrussel1 said:

Disagree, at least in general context. I could have replaced it with "one" if writing formally. But if it has urban dictionary entry, it's real in my book. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Royal you
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

I think we all can agree on hating grammar nazis.
    Yes, I know it can be annoying, but how many times do conversations begin to break down as soon as someone says "you" instead of "people"? I speak publicly for a living, as well as teach writing for a living. People almost always take the "you" personally, so I avoid it unless I am directly speaking to a person. I teach that as well -- but of course, we know how well people listen to and learn from their teachers. It's just a suggestion here, in the interest of promoting effective communication. Carry on . . .
  • Options

Speech leaked. Frum says it's good. He hates trump.

Palin also gave a good convention speech though...

True, but it's delivery. His foreign policy speech was well written but poorly delivered. Can he deliver a high energy speech that he isn't winging it? We will find out tonight.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Disagree, at least in general context. I could have replaced it with "one" if writing formally. But if it has urban dictionary entry, it's real in my book. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Royal you
    And that's when you know you've "got em" whatdreams
    When stuff like this comes out.

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,627
    Obama's former speech writer is obviously biased but he says it's long and boring. Doesn't sound like him

"Now let us consider the state of affairs abroad."

No humanization. Says he assumes he is going to get bored and ad lib..
  • Options
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Well if he is white then the link he posted serves what purpose?
    If he is black he has a point.
    Posting accusatory racism links should be questioned.
    So again it matters.
    #all questions matter
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,718
    You were expecting PJfan to respond directly to the link?
  • Options
    how about Ivanka? shes been sensational.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,840

Love those party dresses!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,627

I expect her to do well
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,718

mrussel1 said:
    So again it matters.
    #all questions matter
    If he's white he has a point. And you didn't question the link, you questioned about the race of the person who posted it. It's safe to say Trump is a bigot.

• Options

mrussel1 said:
    So again it matters.
    #all questions matter
    If he's white he has a point. And you didn't question the link, you questioned about the race of the person who posted it. It's safe to say Trump is a bigot.

mrussel1 said:
    So again it matters.
    #all questions matter

Now now, mod in disguise.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Love those party dresses!
    God Bless America!
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
  • Options
    if The Movement rolls on all the way to The Oval Office, could we one day see Trump, Jr., or the sensational Ivanka follow the path? they will have the support of The Movement.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    get this anchovy off the stage BLux! we want Ivanka...
  • Options

get this anchovy off the stage BLux! we want Ivanka...

What to we vank?

No more anchovies! We vanka Ivanka! :lol:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    You also don't speak Walmart right?
    The thing I like most about when you post is that you never make it personal and are always left open for a debate.
  • Options
    hahaha... here we go.

on a serious note, that anchovy gave a helluva speech.
  • Options

hahaha... here we go.

It never ends. PJfan has a whole file drawer of Trump photos. My guess is we ain't seen nothin' yet.

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    brianlux said:

hahaha... here we go.

It never ends. PJfan has a whole file drawer of Trump photos. My guess is we ain't seen nothin' yet.

BTO

or

Big Trump Owns
    :wink:
This discussion has been closed.