Options

Pearl Jam to headline Ride Festival

Comments

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    callen said:

So when do the roads in town close up? Arriving Friday and would think I could just drive to hotel.

FAQ page said roads are closed beginning saturday morning.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Thanks.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Ended up with an extra GA pass. Will waive the service charge if interested.
  • Options

Ended up with an extra GA pass. Will waive the service charge if interested.

I don't need an extra GA pass, but if you have a T'ride Town Park Camping Car pass that you're not using, I'll buy it from you. Thanks.
    ...And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

...I swear I never took it for granted. Just thought of it now.
  • Options
    zachjgzachjg Posts: 105
    edited April 2016
    Hey
    Post edited by zachjg on
  • Options
    DivkaDivka Posts: 198
    Just an FYI (don't know if it's been posted yet)- The festival is taking volunteers in exchange for free passes, if you can't afford it. Since PJ is the only band I care to see, this worked out great for me. There's a link on the website
    When the stars exploded billions of years ago, they formed everything that is this world. Everything we know is stardust...
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Divka said:

Just an FYI (don't know if it's been posted yet)- The festival is taking volunteers in exchange for free passes, if you can't afford it. Since PJ is the only band I care to see, this worked out great for me. There's a link on the website

Good to see someone else planning on that! It's been posted (although maybe in the other Un-sticky thread about it), but I'm surprised more people aren't doing it/talking about it on Facebook. I got approved to volunteer Sat 2-7and Sunday 2-10:30... Specifically requested to work any time besides Sat night for PJ set, they are very nice about it and seem to work with you to get what you want.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    DivkaDivka Posts: 198

Divka said:

Good to see someone else planning on that! It's been posted (although maybe in the other Un-sticky thread about it), but I'm surprised more people aren't doing it/talking about it on Facebook. I got approved to volunteer Sat 2-7and Sunday 2-10:30... Specifically requested to work any time besides Sat night for PJ set, they are very nice about it and seem to work with you to get what you want.
    I ended up opting for 3 shifts so I don't have to do any night shifts or any on Saturday at all! Its like 20 hours but Idgaf because all I want to see is PJ! The woman I spoke with was super helpful and friendly.
    When the stars exploded billions of years ago, they formed everything that is this world. Everything we know is stardust...
  • Options
    zachjgzachjg Posts: 105
    Cage the Elephant announced Channel 93.3 Big Gig on Saturday 7/9, the night of PJ. Must not have any contractual stuff with location proximity. Wonder if PJ would announce anything Denver? It's a hope for sure.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Ride Fest said on their Facebook they expect to announce some more bands in the coming weeks. It was in response to someone asking. That was last week, hoping they add something special.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    edited April 2016
    This is probably a dumb question. If I buy a car camping pass along with the camping pass, I could just sleep in my car right?

Not wanting to pay $1,000 for two nights and buy camping gear when I'm not a camper.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

This is probably a dumb question. If I buy a car camping pass along with the camping pass, I could just sleep in my car right?

Not wanting to pay $1,000 for two nights and buy camping gear when I'm not a camper.

Yes, but you will still need to buy an individual camping pass. It could get cold at night or could rain. If so, I will be in my car. Hahaha.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547

Yes, but you will still need to buy an individual camping pass. It could get cold at night or could rain. If so, I will be in my car. Hahaha.
    Thanks! I think I will just sleep in the car then.
  • Options

Unless I'm really drunk, then I might sleep face down in the dirt!
  • Options
    dspdsp Posts: 6

careful, be pretty lowpro about it,,,,it's illegal to carcamp in town of telluride proper
    and they do bust people, wake them up, and kick them out of town FYI
  • Options
    dsp said:

careful, be pretty lowpro about it,,,,it's illegal to carcamp in town of telluride proper
    and they do bust people, wake them up, and kick them out of town FYI

He was asking about sleeping in your car if you have a car camping pass, not in town. Unless I read it wrong.
  • Options

Yes, the Town Park car camp passes sold out immediately (I bought one out of apparently 20) but the other camp grounds might have car passes still. You have to buy a car pass AND each person has to have a camping pass if it's the same as Town Park. Which drives up the price but I think I will be glad to have my car right there, especially if it's cold!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

Yes, the Town Park car camp passes sold out immediately (I bought one out of apparently 20) but the other camp grounds might have car passes still. You have to buy a car pass AND each person has to have a camping pass if it's the same as Town Park. Which drives up the price but I think I will be glad to have my car right there, especially if it's cold!
    Score and you can secure your stuff. Be looking out for the back of your head. Wear that hat though. Ha.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    After being in JAX and Greenville (but unfortunately not Raleigh!), this will be the next show I see. Can't freakin wait to see all of their beauty in all of that beauty....July can't come soon enough!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    ToHellURideToHellURide Posts: 145
    If anyone is flying in to Montrose Friday early afternoon and needs a lift to Telluride hit me up
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,561
    This is looking more and more like a cant miss experience.

Any camping vets of the area have recommendations or pros/cons of camping at Town Park vs Ilium Valley Mary E.? Aside from the shuttle ride that is required from the valley (looks like 20 to 40 minutes?). Does Town Park have plenty of shaded spots? Did some research earlier but couldnt find a definitive resource, but sounds like Mary E. is more of a "deep woods" camping experience? How is the Town Park scenery?

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    I don't have advice from being there Hubbard but for the few extra bucks I wanted to stay closer to the concert. Seems way easier and if you need to run to your camp site for anything (booze weed water food) you won't need a shuttle or need to be gone 90 minutes. Im surprised it hasn't sold out yet!
  • Options

Any camping vets of the area have recommendations or pros/cons of camping at Town Park vs Ilium Valley Mary E.? Aside from the shuttle ride that is required from the valley (looks like 20 to 40 minutes?). Does Town Park have plenty of shaded spots? Did some research earlier but couldnt find a definitive resource, but sounds like Mary E. is more of a "deep woods" camping experience? How is the Town Park scenery?

Thanks in advance!

I haven't been there but imagine (at least in Town Park) it's tents on top of each other packed in. If you watch the videos on the website it looks like they're pretty close, basically wherever you can pitch a tent you do. I was telling my dad (who's outdoorsy) how quiet hours are listed from 2 am to 7 am. So you're guaranteed to get 5 hours of sleep. :)

• Options
    toolfan2305toolfan2305 Posts: 352
    If you buy a camping pass do you get tickets to see Pearl Jam? Sorry for the dumb question.
  • Options

If you buy a camping pass do you get tickets to see Pearl Jam? Sorry for the dumb question.

You have to buy a general admission weekend pass plus camping pass (if you camp, of course).
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179

Thanks in advance!

town park(TP) is DEF where u want to stay and it's very close to selling out. the scenery all around town is unreal. TP is nice+. there is shade around TP but depends on how early you show up to pitch the tent and claim your spot
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,860
    Finally got my plane ticket, this show is gonna be awesome!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 779
    Just about 2 months to go. Still can't even believe this is happening. Are more people camping or finding lodging for this? And any update on artist additions?
  • Options
    I don't know if there will be any more bands added, since they haven't even sold out of CAMPING yet much less tickets at $300 each... at least I read somewhere that was what was thought at this point. They do have to announce the night time concerts in town still, I think that's usually shortly before the festival weekend.

They changed my volunteer shift so that I get off on Saturday at 4:30 instead of 7:00 which is great so now I can try to get a slightly better spot in time for PJ!!! Psyched about that. And the thing is I think they did it on purpose since I originally (2 months ago) requested "all I want is Saturday night off, going specifically for Pearl Jam" so that is really cool of them.

• Options

I don't know if there will be any more bands added, since they haven't even sold out of CAMPING yet much less tickets at $300 each... at least I read somewhere that was what was thought at this point. They do have to announce the night time concerts in town still, I think that's usually shortly before the festival weekend.

They changed my volunteer shift so that I get off on Saturday at 4:30 instead of 7:00 which is great so now I can try to get a slightly better spot in time for PJ!!! Psyched about that. And the thing is I think they did it on purpose since I originally (2 months ago) requested "all I want is Saturday night off, going specifically for Pearl Jam" so that is really cool of them.

Patty the volunteer coordinator is great. She goes out of her way to help you out with your schedule if, like us, you let her know that you're there to see PJ. Last year the main stage schedule and the nightRide lineup was announced on May 11. I asked someone with Ride a question about something else a few days ago and she said something about "a couple of weeks".