Options

Pearl Jam to headline Ride Festival

Comments

• Options
    I saw the Grateful Dead play 2 shows in Telluride in 1987. This was after the 3 shows we saw at Red Rocks. This is one of the most magical towns on the planet. You can't comprehend the beauty or the vibe until you have been there. It will absolutely not be a festival set. No chance. If you are flying there the closest is Montrose. Chepest will be Grand Junction which is an easy drive. Durango is also an option. You get to drive the Million Dollar HWY through some of the most picturesque parts of CO on that one- Silverton-Ouray This show will be epic
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited February 2016
    87 was a magical year for the dead for me. my first show was 86. those ride shows in 87 are legendary and the sign across the main street..welcoming the fans...wow
    t'ride became a dream come true last year for me for the bluegrass festival. incredible is all i can say about that place. lucky to those people who get to go. i'm still on the fence hoping for more than 1 reason to book the $700 flight
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4xXMmhjG6Q
    Post edited by helplessdancer on
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    Caught the Temperance Movement last night and they rocked! Awesome energy, front man is part Joe Cocker (vocals) and Mick Jagger with his stage presence.

Band was very tight, great night of music.
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312

87 was a magical year for the dead for me. my first show was 86. those ride shows in 87 are legendary and the sign across the main street..welcoming the fans...wow
    t'ride became a dream come true last year for me for the bluegrass festival. incredible is all i can say about that place. lucky to those people who get to go. i'm still on the fence hoping for more than 1 reason to book the $700 flight
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4xXMmhjG6Q

Damn thanks for posting it brings back so many great memories of following the Dead before there was PJ , how I loved those days ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2016
    How fast we thinking this sells out? Minutes, hours, days?
  • Options
    Still can't believe the on sale is 4 days away and no ticket prices yet.
  • Options

Still can't believe the on sale is 4 days away and no ticket prices yet.

I emailed the fest about 10 days ago. They said GA will be $275 and VIP will be $525.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Wow. Why so pricey?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558
    FoxyRedLa said:

Wow. Why so pricey?

Everything is pricey in Telluride. Doesn't explain the price jump over last year though.
    Maybe the Ride promoters think all PJ fans are wealthy.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited March 2016
    I have a feeling they add a 2nd headliner... I think they tweeted something out about "who would you want to be added to Ride?" and said future announcements would be made later? the initial announcement was billed as "the initial announcement"... so more acts are coming, and Im guessing one of those could be a 2nd headliner
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    edited March 2016

FoxyRedLa said:

Wow. Why so pricey?

Everything is pricey in Telluride. Doesn't explain the price jump over last year though.
    Maybe the Ride promoters think all PJ fans are wealthy.
    Well they're right. ;)

The price jump is obviously due to booking Pearl Jam in a small-sized festival (compared to the festivals Pearl Jam is used to playing the past 8 years). Everyone knows the festival circuit is more profitable for a touring band than a traditional tour of non-festival venues. It should be obvious that the extra $100 price jump is because they got freakin' PEARL JAM to headline a 10,000 person festival in the middle of the mountains. That didn't come cheap!! :)

Also I've (personally) only heard of two of the other bands on that list. Lesser known bands to fill out the bill means they probably didn't have to pay them as much as bigger bands on the bill, which means even more budget towards covering PJ's payday.
    Post edited by High Fidelity 2000 on
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,860
    Today's the ticket on sale date right? Good luck everyone!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Yep. Today is the day. Still no prices up. They have some interesting vip packages though
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited March 2016

Yep. Today is the day. Still no prices up. They have some interesting vip packages though

You know...
    when you look at it,
    that $20,000 package is actually not a bad deal!!
    The rental home in this package is just beautiful...
    http://www.telluride-rentals.com/luxury-vacation-rentals/211-south-oak
    5 bedrooms / 4.5 baths...looks SWEET!
    With lodging and tickets for 10 people,
    it's a pretty reasonable at just over 2K per person with fees for the whole festival!!
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,344
    Tickets are $265 plus fees that bring it to $280.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    derbydave said:

You know...
    when you look at it,
    it's a pretty reasonable at just over 2K per person with fees for the whole festival!!
    I wish I could find 3 other people to split the 5000$ package.
  • Options
    UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    Just over two hours to go...good luck all!
  • Options
    derbydave said:

You know...
    when you look at it,
    You're right dave. The vip packages really aren't that bad when you factor in how expensive lodging is in telluride. And yeah the places look incredible. Surprised they weren't advertising these packages in advance as most people have probably already booked lodging.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

derbydave said:

You know...
    when you look at it,
    You're right dave. The vip packages really aren't that bad when you factor in how expensive lodging is in telluride. And yeah the places look incredible. Surprised they weren't advertising these packages in advance as most people have probably already booked lodging.
    I might have considered going in with a group if we had the time to organize this...
    Really nice packages here!! :hang_loose:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    zachjgzachjg Posts: 105
    Prices are finally up. $265 GA/$525 VIP. I agree, the $5k package isn't bad at all
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see how quickly tickets go. Prices are high. Even compared to other telluride festivals. This place is incredible though. I'd pay anything. Not as much buzz on these boards about this show as there should be. But I can understand due to the logistics of this one.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Will be interesting to see how quickly tickets go. Prices are high. Even compared to other telluride festivals. This place is incredible though. I'd pay anything. Not as much buzz on these boards about this show as there should be. But I can understand due to the logistics of this one.

It really is a pain in the ass to get there. We decided to drive up. Should see some beautiful scenery on the way.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Yeah I'm thinking this won't be an instant sell out due to the high cost. I have friends who were so excited when it was announced and said they were going and have since changed their minds. I'm buying a camping pass and (maybe if I am lucky) a vehicle pass, and getting a ticket for free for volunteering (which is still available by the way). So hopefully won't be too bad... figure I'll spend a total including gas, food etc close to what the ticket price would be!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    my2hands said:

this is an outdoor festival so why would the capacity be 9,000? I assume they could go bigger if needed?

I have been to The Blues and Brews Festival in Telluride for 10 years and we actually got married there as well. It is truly magical place, you can't even put it into words to be honest. Town Park (where the concert is being held) does have limited capacity, you can't really expand out at all. Telluride is a very small town. The opportunity to see Pearl Jam in Telluride, in the summer, is something that you would never ever regret. You can fly into Montrose, Grand Junction or DIA. The drive from DIA would be around 7 hours. It's also a gorgeous drive.
  • Options
    tgoldentgolden Posts: 14
    Having trouble logging in to the festival website, anyone else?
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    tgolden said:

Having trouble logging in to the festival website, anyone else?

yep, its down. Here we go again...
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    Got em!!
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,640
    Wow, that was so easy, got tickets in less than a minute! See you all there!