Options

Pearl Jam to headline Ride Festival

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558

EL177913 said:

I'm slightly confused and concerned about this parking business. I get into town before 4 on Friday and my hotel says they have "free limited parking". If there isn't a spot for my rental car at the hotel I have to park in Mountain Village (?for free), and take the gondola into town for the w/e and take it back Sunday morning so I can get my car and drive to the airport?

most likely the limited free parking at the hotel will be full but don't look down upon the free gondola ride down and back up to mtn village to get your car. its a really sweet ride and something u should do while in town anyways. stop off at the half way point for a cool look out spot to take pictures from. the town will let u unload at your hotel so then u just have to drive to the mtn village and take the gondola down into the box canyon(t'ride). when u have to leave just take the gondola back up and go to the abundant free parking and drive down to the hotel and load back up and drive home. sometimes there's a line up for the gondola but it moves fast
    Last time I was on the gondola I saw a bear playing on one of the ski slopes.

It was cool
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450
    Tickets still can be had.(as of right now)

I guess that $280 is too much? I know it is for me.
  • Options
    dspdsp Posts: 6
    mbincb said:

This is as close to a hometown concert as I will ever get (live in Crested Butte)

...so stoked...
    ...i'm just a little closer....it IS my hometown...lol

i've lived in Telluride for 18 years and unlike most..i've had to venture out of Telluride over the last couple decades to see them play...it's been hard...
    ...so...FINALLY...this is a dream come true
    and only a few days after my 40th Birthday!!!!

i know KOTO has been trying to get them in the past, and there have been all sorts of rumors flying around the last couple years..but honestly was shocked when i heard the news.

I got locked out of Fenway sale and was so pissed as that was the shows i was gonna try to goto only to wake up a few days later and hear this announcement...I think I still may try and make fenway...but for anyone thinking or still on the fence about coming to Telluride...
    It will be well worth the time and effort...and money IMO...

there is nothing like a show in Town Park...but then again....
    I'm only a little biased.

Good Luck everyone!!!
    Wish=Granted!!!
  • Options
    dspdsp Posts: 6
    kerbjack said:

It's my 40th bday on the Saturday, huge haul from BC in Canada but I can't think of a better way to turn 40.

ME EITHER!!!

I turn 40 on July 3rd...so pretty much calling this show my Birthday!! haha!!
    Congrats...Make the trek it will be worth it.

Wish=Granted!!!
  • Options
    dsp said:

mbincb said:

This is as close to a hometown concert as I will ever get (live in Crested Butte)

...so stoked...
    ...i'm just a little closer....it IS my hometown...lol

i've lived in Telluride for 18 years and unlike most..i've had to venture out of Telluride over the last couple decades to see them play...it's been hard...
    ...so...FINALLY...this is a dream come true
    and only a few days after my 40th Birthday!!!!

i know KOTO has been trying to get them in the past, and there have been all sorts of rumors flying around the last couple years..but honestly was shocked when i heard the news.

I got locked out of Fenway sale and was so pissed as that was the shows i was gonna try to goto only to wake up a few days later and hear this announcement...I think I still may try and make fenway...but for anyone thinking or still on the fence about coming to Telluride...
    It will be well worth the time and effort...and money IMO...

there is nothing like a show in Town Park...but then again....
    I'm only a little biased.

Good Luck everyone!!!
    Wish=Granted!!!
    So true! As a true Telluride resident you know the magic of that place and it really is a dream come true!!!! You can't put a price on the beauty of that place, especially with Pearl Jam as the accompaniment to an incredible and majestic landscape. Happy 40 years to you!! Good luck with Fenway, I hope it is the icing on your birthday cake :)
  • Options
    AF271305AF271305 Posts: 4
    edited March 2016
    I live in Denver, so I could easily drive to Telluride, but the tickets for me and my wife would be close to $600 without gas that's just too much for me man. I love PJ and this is the first concert within driving distance that I am missing, but man that's a lot of money, I am sure it will be great, but it's hard to go drop $1,000 all in for a 4 hour set even though it is in a beautiful place. The sky high ticket prices for this are a little disheartening, and with the tickets still available online as of 3/5/16 at 10:30AM mtn tells me that a lot of other people agree with me. Have fun everyone.
    Post edited by AF271305 on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    It is a two day festival. It isn't just a four hour Pearl Jam show. Yeah, $260 is a lot to see Pearl Jam when you look at it in a vacuum.
  • Options
    irishgal21irishgal21 Denver, CO, USA Posts: 53
    Anyone else from Denver / Front Range driving over on Friday?
  • Options
    TF187188TF187188 Posts: 21

Anyone else from Denver / Front Range driving over on Friday?

I think my group will be leaving Friday from Denver.
  • Options
    EL177913EL177913 Posts: 220
    So weed is legal in Colorado. What does this mean in terms of bringing weed into the venue? Can I bring a bunch in and share it, or do I need to be more discrete and smoke before I go in/ hide it on my way in? I'm only there for 48 hours and want to make the most of it!
    1992: 8/7 Mansfield MA
    2000: 8/29 Mansfield MA
    2004: 9/28+29 Boston MA, 10/1 Reading PA, 10/6 Asheville NC, 10/8 Kissimmee FL
    2005: 9/15 Montreal, 9/16 Ottawa,ON 9/22 Halifax Nova Scotia, p9/24+25 St Johns, Newfoundland
    2006: 5/12 Albany NY, 5/13 Hartford CT, 5/24+ 25 Boston MA, 5/27+28 Camden NJ
    2008: 6/28+30 Mansfield MA, 8/2 EV Boston MA
    2009: 10/30+ 31 Philly
    2010: 5/15 Hartford CT, 5/17 Boston MA
    2011: 9/3+4 PJ20, Alpine Valley WI, 6/15 EV Providence RI, 6/16 EV Boston MA
    2013: 7/19 Chicago, 10/15+16 Worcester MA, 10/25 Hartford CT
    2014: 10/19 St Paul MN
    2016: (5/1+2 MSG, 8/5+7 Fenway)
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    while legal, it is still not legal to smoke it in public. in the privacy of your own home(campground) go right ahead! be respectful and low key and you will have zero problems in the venue. it's an outdoor venue in a field. you don't have to hide it when going through the gates to enter the venue(where bags are searched). it is not illegal to carry around in your pocket anywhere in colorado.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558
    EL177913 said:

So weed is legal in Colorado. What does this mean in terms of bringing weed into the venue? Can I bring a bunch in and share it, or do I need to be more discrete and smoke before I go in/ hide it on my way in? I'm only there for 48 hours and want to make the most of it!

From the Ride Festival FAQ...

Is Smoking permitted?
    Smoking (tobacco products) is permitted however, we ask that you are respectful at all times when smoking, properly disposing of cigarettes, not exhaling second-hand smoke near children, festival staff, or other festivarians who are not smoking. Marijuana may not be consumed openly or publicly.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    I have a feeling there will be some open consumption of marijuana. just alittle...
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

Via Facebook "The Ride Festival" official page

Pearl Jam will play from 7-11 pm Saturday night

Doesn't seem like it would be a typical festival set if it will last over 3 1/2 hrs! Granted they probably won't go on until 730. Can't wait to see the running of the tarps! Hilarious!!!

Hopefully the tarps don't get too out of control. They take up a lot of space and would put people who are without tarps further away. At least that's how other telluride festivals seem to be.

The Ride festival also replied they would play 3-4 hours. Not even bonnaroo gives them that long of a slot. Should be interesting. Can't wait.
    And that (3-4 hours) is why I decided to go. Automatically figured it would be a 2 hour greatest hits set, but a full PJ concert in the mountains is going to be amazing. I'm sure they won't play right from 7-11 but even 7:30-10:30 would be pretty great.

Yes tickets are still available because it is expensive. It's not JUST Pearl Jam but I haven't heard of any of the other bands besides Sheepdogs and CTE. I like Sheepdogs but probably wouldn't pay more than $30 to see them on their own show, much less deal with driving and camping and everything. :) I think it will be a while before this sells out. Have seen so many people on FB and friends of mine who said "I'm there!" when it was announced and then... "$280?!! Fuck that, that's too much, I'm not going and I'll wait to see if there's a west coast tour."
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

Doesn't seem like it would be a typical festival set if it will last over 3 1/2 hrs! Granted they probably won't go on until 730. Can't wait to see the running of the tarps! Hilarious!!!

Hopefully the tarps don't get too out of control. They take up a lot of space and would put people who are without tarps further away. At least that's how other telluride festivals seem to be.

The Ride festival also replied they would play 3-4 hours. Not even bonnaroo gives them that long of a slot. Should be interesting. Can't wait.
    And that (3-4 hours) is why I decided to go. Automatically figured it would be a 2 hour greatest hits set, but a full PJ concert in the mountains is going to be amazing. I'm sure they won't play right from 7-11 but even 7:30-10:30 would be pretty great.

Yes tickets are still available because it is expensive. It's not JUST Pearl Jam but I haven't heard of any of the other bands besides Sheepdogs and CTE. I like Sheepdogs but probably wouldn't pay more than $30 to see them on their own show, much less deal with driving and camping and everything. :) I think it will be a while before this sells out. Have seen so many people on FB and friends of mine who said "I'm there!" when it was announced and then... "$280?!! Fuck that, that's too much, I'm not going and I'll wait to see if there's a west coast tour."
    I booked for the same reasons...the venue and the possibility of a 7 - 11 showtime along with the likelihood of day time collaborations....has a chance to be epic. I actually don't consider the ticket price to be expensive...two full days of music plus a potential 4 hour PJ show? That's a no brainer. What is expensive however is all the travel costs...flights/car rental or shuttle/camping/meals...this is the shit that will hurt. Logistically it's tricky too because I have to somehow travel with a tent and not much else. Thought about a hotel but the cost of that puts this weekend out of reach. All good though...I'm expecting it to be an epic, costly and DIRTY weekend.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    BS44325 said:

I booked for the same reasons...the venue and the possibility of a 7 - 11 showtime along with the likelihood of day time collaborations....has a chance to be epic. I actually don't consider the ticket price to be expensive...two full days of music plus a potential 4 hour PJ show? That's a no brainer. What is expensive however is all the travel costs...flights/car rental or shuttle/camping/meals...this is the shit that will hurt. Logistically it's tricky too because I have to somehow travel with a tent and not much else. Thought about a hotel but the cost of that puts this weekend out of reach. All good though...I'm expecting it to be an epic, costly and DIRTY weekend.
    I also believe there is value in the shows around town Friday night and late shows after the festival sets. Minus the Opera House, admission is included with your pass to all the small shows.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

I also believe there is value in the shows around town Friday night and late shows after the festival sets. Minus the Opera House, admission is included with your pass to all the small shows.
    Was wondering about that. I know Friday night there is an outdoor show at the Mountain Village but how accessible will the other venues be? I have to imagine every place will be at capacity. I have the same question for bars and restaurants...will it be impossible to get in based on the number of people in town?
  • Options
    Will they announce who those Night Ride shows are or is it just like a surprise when you show up? What if Eddie decides to do a solo show at the Opera House? :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• Options
    BS44325 said:

Right... I'm driving up from NM and it's less than a 6 hour drive... but for people coming from out of state, the airport/drive seems really difficult no matter where you're coming from. I searched Priceline for the weekend just to get an idea on hotels and it's absolutely INSANE some of the pricing.

I am volunteering so the ticket is free, spent $200 on a camping pass and a car camping pass, plan on brining up a cooler full of food and drinks but will likely buy some food there in between the volunteer shifts, so just my gas and camping, cost shouldn't be too bad for me. But for a lot of people who fly to shows without a care, this one is a different story, harder to navigate to/from, flying with camping gear etc...

• Options
    I have one show left on my once in a lifetime shows I would like to see and that would be PJ at the Showbox. When I saw this go on sale I thought this is gonna be a damn close 2nd.

I am coming in from Portland, Or. got GA and a Room in town (must have) and going with my best buddy who still lives in the area, I spent 10 yrs in the Umcompahgre valley myself and have not visited in awhile so Ilook forward to coming back.

We should see a minimum 5/6 hrs of PJ between the two nights don't you think? (I will believe the hype rumors of 4hrs first night when I see it). We are a captive audience you had to buy tix for both days. There wont be one repeated song. Someone said "greatest hits" I mean ya you might get GO and Porch at most shows but shit beyond that they always mix it up but with shows like this they always do something special. I hope if they do something at night in town it is not at the Sheridan, who is gonna have $40 to get in another door?

You can make any show you go to a great time but some are set up to be unforgettable from the start and I believe this to be one of them but I am clearly biased.
    Paramount Theater 94 (my first show)
    Red Rocks 95 (the best venue)
    Fiddlers Green 98 (good 10c seats)
    Albuquerque 00 (good road trip, best 10c seats)
    Pepsi Center 03 (best show)
    Pepsi Center 06 X 2 (still mad about TPHB)
    Portland 09
    Up Next :Telluride x 2 16
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited March 2016

I have one show left on my once in a lifetime shows I would like to see and that would be PJ at the Showbox. When I saw this go on sale I thought this is gonna be a damn close 2nd.

I am coming in from Portland, Or. got GA and a Room in town (must have) and going with my best buddy who still lives in the area, I spent 10 yrs in the Umcompahgre valley myself and have not visited in awhile so Ilook forward to coming back.

We should see a minimum 5/6 hrs of PJ between the two nights don't you think? (I will believe the hype rumors of 4hrs first night when I see it). We are a captive audience you had to buy tix for both days. There wont be one repeated song. Someone said "greatest hits" I mean ya you might get GO and Porch at most shows but shit beyond that they always mix it up but with shows like this they always do something special. I hope if they do something at night in town it is not at the Sheridan, who is gonna have $40 to get in another door?

You can make any show you go to a great time but some are set up to be unforgettable from the start and I believe this to be one of them but I am clearly biased.

PJ is scheduled to perform only Saturday night according to this official website and multiple responses from employees of ride fest. The Ride Fest rep I spoke with also told me they have the 7pm-11pm slot blocked off for PJ, whether they take advantage of the full 4 hours is completely up to them. I am anticipating around a 3 hour show. That would be in line with their concerts the last few years. I've seen a few people mention they are playing both nights, where is this info coming from?
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options

Will they announce who those Night Ride shows are or is it just like a surprise when you show up? What if Eddie decides to do a solo show at the Opera House? :)

I think last year for the night ride shows they listed the acts with times and locations a couple weeks prior to the festival.
  • Options
    bbisonbbison Posts: 219

my2hands said:

this is an outdoor festival so why would the capacity be 9,000? I assume they could go bigger if needed?

I have been to The Blues and Brews Festival in Telluride for 10 years and we actually got married there as well. It is truly magical place, you can't even put it into words to be honest. Town Park (where the concert is being held) does have limited capacity, you can't really expand out at all. Telluride is a very small town. The opportunity to see Pearl Jam in Telluride, in the summer, is something that you would never ever regret. You can fly into Montrose, Grand Junction or DIA. The drive from DIA would be around 7 hours. It's also a gorgeous drive.
    Sounds great!

If getting to Denver is expensive from where you live, it's really not that much farther from SLC, PHX, even LAS.

Is this where the show list goes?

11-26-91 / 8-2-92 / 3-15-94 / 7-9-95 / 7-11-95 / 8-29-98 / 9-1-00 / 10-25-03 
    10-23-04 / 10-22-06 / 10-9-09 / 10-23-10 / 10-3-12 / 7-9-13 / 10-21-13
    11-24-13 / 11-26-13 / 10-17-14 / 10-20-14 / 10-25-14 / 4-8-16 / 4-9-16
     4-28-16 / 4-29-16 / 8-20-16 / 8-22-16 / 8-10-18 / 8-18-18 / 8-20-18
  • Options

I've seen a few people mention they are playing both nights, where is this info coming from?

They are making it up/assuming it. Nowhere has the Ride festival said they are playing Sunday. Saturday night has been said several times/places/emails. They're playing Saturday night.

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,344
    Last year's NightRide schedule was announced on May 11th. So 2 months prior to the festival. Here is last year's scedule...
    http://ridefestival.com/full-main-stage-and-nightride-2015-schedule/
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Just so people arent disappointed, I wouldn't give much creedance to the 7-11 time slot. I would say the length of the show will b normal, maybe a little longer like 3:00-3:15 hrs. I bet they hit the stage at 7:45-8 til 11. Which is still awesome and it will b a special show. My point being, don't be set up to be disappointed when they don't hit the stage at 7 on the dot.

And as far as playing two nights, people are making stuff up and believing it. It's Saturday only. It hasn't said two nights anywhere.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Just so people arent disappointed, I wouldn't give much creedance to the 7-11 time slot. I would say the length of the show will b normal, maybe a little longer like 3:00-3:15 hrs. I bet they hit the stage at 7:45-8 til 11. Which is still awesome and it will b a special show. My point being, don't be set up to be disappointed when they don't hit the stage at 7 on the dot.

And as far as playing two nights, people are making stuff up and believing it. It's Saturday only. It hasn't said two nights anywhere.

I am with you but that being said festivals usually run on a pretty tight sked with no " dead air" times. So...either they are coming on at 7 or another band will be slotted in from the 7-8 slot.
    Post edited by BS44325 on
  • Options
    with one stage only there will be "dead air" time. just to do that change of equipment from one band to the next and that isn't a bad thing as it gives you time to hit the beer/food/washroom OR just leave the venue and go into town park for a beer there...its a 2min walk from the festival gate ;)
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    So when do the roads in town close up? Arriving Friday and would think I could just drive to hotel.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    if you have proof you are staying at the hotel you should have zero trouble getting to where u need to get to. just show them when you get to the checkpoint. town park campers are also allowed to come into town to drop off their stuff at the park. they give you a temporary parking permit so u shud have no worries.