Options

Pearl Jam to headline Ride Festival

Comments

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

derbydave said:

BS44325 said:

Red Lukin said:

So does this now make Wrigley N2 show 1000?

Nope. Quebec City is still 1000.
    Simply not true setlist.fm has been debunked.
    I think it depends on whether you consider some of their performances on SNL and other talk shows...Letterman...Colbert...Jimmy Fallon...etc. as an actual "show"
    These "shows" are included in the statistics on PJ Stat Tracker, Live Footsteps and setlist.fm
    Not going to go through all the data - but people using setlist.fm as a source to say Quebec is 1000 - I'm sure there are other issues such as:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2001/rose-garden-arena-portland-or-4bd64342.html

Are we suppose to include EV solo shows?
    Go to the other thread...
    1) Setlist.fm is not the source...it is a source cross-referenced with 4 other sources
    2) EV solo shows were not included.
  • Options
    28 hour car trip to Telluride....
    I'm thinking that the band wants to see who can afford to go to the most shows in the most pretty places in NA once PJ25 is announced. Up the east coast in the spring and the festivals in June and July. Plus the ovens that'll be Fenway and Wrigley.
    Must keep the lads young.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

derbydave said:

BS44325 said:

Red Lukin said:

So does this now make Wrigley N2 show 1000?

Nope. Quebec City is still 1000.
    Simply not true setlist.fm has been debunked.
    I think it depends on whether you consider some of their performances on SNL and other talk shows...Letterman...Colbert...Jimmy Fallon...etc. as an actual "show"
    These "shows" are included in the statistics on PJ Stat Tracker, Live Footsteps and setlist.fm
    Not going to go through all the data - but people using setlist.fm as a source to say Quebec is 1000 - I'm sure there are other issues such as:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2001/rose-garden-arena-portland-or-4bd64342.html

Are we suppose to include EV solo shows?
    I'll post in other thread

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    mbincbmbincb Posts: 14
    This is as close to a hometown concert as I will ever get (live in Crested Butte). PM me if you have any questions. I hope the ticket gods smile upon me for this one!
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,860
    Man I really want to do this one, don't know if I can swing the $550 plane ticket from Philly to Telluride, and a 30hr drive is out of the question. Anyone else have any tricks to get there? Teleportation?
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    It's my 40th bday on the Saturday, huge haul from BC in Canada but I can't think of a better way to turn 40.

'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    a5pj said:

Man I really want to do this one, don't know if I can swing the $550 plane ticket from Philly to Telluride, and a 30hr drive is out of the question. Anyone else have any tricks to get there? Teleportation?

I have a thought that's pretty out there. Whoever is interested meets in denver and/or Montrose (whatever is easier) on the friday where we rent an appropriate size RV and do the ride to The Ride. Head back home Monday morning. Just putting that out there...
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

a5pj said:

I have a thought that's pretty out there. Whoever is interested meets in denver and/or Montrose (whatever is easier) on the friday where we rent an appropriate size RV and do the ride to The Ride. Head back home Monday morning. Just putting that out there...
    That sounds pretty sweet, but I already have a place to stay there, just need a cheap way from pa to co. :)

• Options
    So for anyone else interested you can volunteer for 2 shifts at the festival and get a free weekend pass. It went live today and I just got confirmation that they're going to use me. Here I come ice management and merch stand!!

• Options
    a5pj said:

So for anyone else interested you can volunteer for 2 shifts at the festival and get a free weekend pass. It went live today and I just got confirmation that they're going to use me. Here I come ice management and merch stand!!

Sounds great until you find out your shift is during the PJ set.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

a5pj said:

Sounds great until you find out your shift is during the PJ set.
    Actually you get to pick your 3 preferred shifts, and they give you 2. So I made sure none were on Saturday. My shifts are Friday afternoon and Sunday morning, so I'm good. And now I save $275 for the weekend pass.

• Options

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    a5pj said:
    Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    after almost 1000 shows the band can do and play where they want. there is no contest
    a5pj said:

cool. do they set you up with a camping pass as well? or?
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited February 2016

after almost 1000 shows the band can do and play where they want. there is no contest

a5pj said:

cool. do they set you up with a camping pass as well? or?
    From what I've read, no. You still need to purchase a camping pass. 70 bucks per person covers Friday through Monday morning. It's a little cheaper at the sites not at the venue. 60 and 50 respectively with shuttles running from those campgrounds. My girlfriend and I managed to get the required evening shift out of the way Thursday night with another shift Saturday morning. We will have to make accommodations for Thursday night separately but it leaves us all day Friday to wander around and take in the town.
  • Options
    Is it 100% confirmed that PJ is only laying Saturday? Or is there a chance they play Sunday as well?
  • Options
    blockquote>
    My girlfriend and I managed to get the required evening shift out of the way Thursday night with another shift Saturday morning. We will have to make accommodations for Thursday night separately but it leaves us all day Friday to wander around and take in the town.

Just curious as I was looking for Thursday Night slot to fulfill for the evening requirement but I only see the following selections: Was there originally more options for Thursday??

Thursday, Jul 7, 2016: 8:00 a to 4:00 p LAWSON HILL CAMPGROUND SETUP
    9:00 a to 5:00 p FESTIVAL SET-UP
    11:00 a to 5:00 p MERCHANDISE
    8:00 a to 4:00 p TOWN PARK CAMPGROUND SETUP

• Options

blockquote>
    My girlfriend and I managed to get the required evening shift out of the way Thursday night with another shift Saturday morning. We will have to make accommodations for Thursday night separately but it leaves us all day Friday to wander around and take in the town.

Just curious as I was looking for Thursday Night slot to fulfill for the evening requirement but I only see the following selections: Was there originally more options for Thursday??

Thursday, Jul 7, 2016: 8:00 a to 4:00 p LAWSON HILL CAMPGROUND SETUP
    9:00 a to 5:00 p FESTIVAL SET-UP
    11:00 a to 5:00 p MERCHANDISE
    8:00 a to 4:00 p TOWN PARK CAMPGROUND SETUP

Yes there were more options. My guess is some of them filled already.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Why do I have a feeling they are headlining 2 nights?

We are assuming g IRS 1 night because it says Saturday in the announcement, but something seems odd
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Why do I have a feeling they are headlining 2 nights?

We are assuming g IRS 1 night because it says Saturday in the announcement, but something seems odd

If they are playing both nights, I will be in heaven. Camping passes and show passes cover the whole weekend so anything extra would be gravy.
  • Options

Yes there were more options. My guess is some of them filled already.
    Thanks for the response

• Options
    I haven't been checking but Thursday options were mostly just setting up, not many there. I'm working Fri afternoon and Sunday morning, so if pj does play 2 nights (highly doubtful) I'll be able to see em.

Also very much looking forward to seeing Cage again, they're one of the best highest energy shows out there right now.

• Options
    BN8419BN8419 Posts: 290
    So, are tickets hard to get to this thing? Is it just an f5 flurry on their website day of sale? Or is there some other trick (besides volunteering)
  • Options
    So does being a Ten Club member even matter when they play festivals? I still have to order tickets through the same website everyone else does, right?
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    tgolden said:

So does being a Ten Club member even matter when they play festivals? I still have to order tickets through the same website everyone else does, right?

CORRECT...10 Club tickets are not usually offered for festival shows!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Still waiting for ticket info and prices to be revealed.
  • Options

For volunteering they take 275 if you dont show up or complete your shifts. Also heard $300 somewhere too for the weekend pass.

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,344
    a5pj said:

For volunteering they take 275 if you dont show up or complete your shifts. Also heard $300 somewhere too for the weekend pass.
    Yup looks like a weekend pass will be $275. Still waiting to hear back on my volunteer status. Camping is between $50-$70 per person for 3 nights depending on your campsite.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options

a5pj said:

Yup looks like a weekend pass will be $275. Still waiting to hear back on my volunteer status. Camping is between $50-$70 per person for 3 nights depending on your campsite.
    It's possible they just gouge you a little if you ditch on your shifts. I can't imagine it will be a full 100 dollars more than last year. It's nice to save money by volunteering, but I just wanted to guarantee tickets without having to pay on the secondary market. I don't have anything to compare this to as far as capacity and location. Have no idea if there will be a huge rush on tickets. 10 to 12 thousand is not a lot of people for a festival. You have until June 15th to cancel your volunteer status with no penalty, so it's a no risk situation.
  • Options

a5pj said:

It's possible they just gouge you a little if you ditch on your shifts. I can't imagine it will be a full 100 dollars more than last year. It's nice to save money by volunteering, but I just wanted to guarantee tickets without having to pay on the secondary market. I don't have anything to compare this to as far as capacity and location. Have no idea if there will be a huge rush on tickets. 10 to 12 thousand is not a lot of people for a festival. You have until June 15th to cancel your volunteer status with no penalty, so it's a no risk situation.
    Looks like I was wrong about the price. Holy shit. Glad I volunteered.