Options

THE RIDE FESTIVAL?!?!

Comments

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    I'd hate not to stop in denver for some recreational goodies if I'm making the trip out there...
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    man colorado hit the lottery...a broncos super bowl championship and pearl jam!!
  • Options
    i love that this festival is on a weekend and they have decided to come back to colorado so soon after denver
    totally doable driving from denver(6hr drive-been there done that)
    all us "destination freaks" need is another CO date and bingo it's worth the flight $
    camping is still the way to go. not sure what vip offers.
    side stop to garden of the gods in colorado springs before or after this show a must
    http://www.gardenofgods.com/
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590

I'm assuming the closest airport is Durango?

You can also fly into Telluride, Montrose, or Grand Junction.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    ComeToTX said:

i don't own one song from any other band on that poster.

Ha same here... except the Sheepdogs. They are good. I've heard of Cage the Elephant but don't know their stuff. Those are the only two bands on there I've even heard of. I am really surprised PJ is playing this festival, looking at their past headliners... some kinda big names but not PJ big. Big Head Todd?? Widespread Panic etc. They must have thrown a LOT of money at Pearl Jam, a band that mostly ignored Colorado for 10 years and just played there a year and a half ago.

Seriously doubt they will play Red Rocks and Telluride the same time frame. Maybe New Mexico though...
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Only other bands I know on the list are cage the elephant (really like their debut album) and I have seen little hurricane. They are good. Just a two piece band, a guy on guitar and box and a girl playing drums.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    This festival lineup appears to be whiter than the Oscars.

Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals, please fix this problem.
    "I'm not the paper, I'm more like the fold ..."
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

who do you want Kanye?
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    YES. Kanye? Perfect. He could camp with the PJ guys! I hear they are tight.
    In all seriousness, I just found it odd that a festival lineup in 2016 could appear to have not a single minority. Just an observation. And just something I found ... odd.
  • Options
    JG215570JG215570 Arvada, Colorado Posts: 57

I'd hate not to stop in denver for some recreational goodies if I'm making the trip out there...

I believe there is at least one store in Telluride. Somebody put a link up for it yesterday on one of these pages. If not all the small mountain towns near Telluride that have tons.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

In all seriousness, I just found it odd that a festival lineup in 2016 could appear to have not a single minority. Just an observation. And just something I found ... odd.

Yes it is odd..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Wma31394 said:

Yes it is odd..
    #TellurideSoWhite

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438

They need Randy Watson and his band Sexual Chocolate.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    edited February 2016
    http://www.telluridebc.com/
    but its better buying in a big city as the prices are less
  • Options
    Did somebody say Randy Watson?!?!

Jackson Heights own? He's good.
  • Options

Ha same here... except the Sheepdogs. They are good. I've heard of Cage the Elephant but don't know their stuff. Those are the only two bands on there I've even heard of. I am really surprised PJ is playing this festival, looking at their past headliners... some kinda big names but not PJ big. Big Head Todd?? Widespread Panic etc. They must have thrown a LOT of money at Pearl Jam, a band that mostly ignored Colorado for 10 years and just played there a year and a half ago.

Seriously doubt they will play Red Rocks and Telluride the same time frame. Maybe New Mexico though...

i bet widespread packed it in there(they have played(and sold out) full arenas before(atlanta etc)
    i don't think PJ are necessarily all about money when they now tour. jeff had said he wanted to go back to colorado after denver. my guess is this show might even be the last show of another small leg of the 2016 tour so they get to spend time hiking at maroon bells etc
    also when you play that stage and look out into the crowd and see the mountains and bridal veil falls it suddenly becomes anything but money :)
    they want to create an experience for them and us expedition seekers
  • Options

Isn't Ben Harper white? I don't know. I don't see race. My friends tell me I'm white, so I believe them.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

how the hell does someone make this work coming from phila??... I would like to scratch bonnaroo and do this instead, but it doesn't look like an easy trip to make happen... logistically or financially. If anyone is going from the denver area, and has room for 1, I will have plenty of cash for gas, food, drinks, herbs, merchandise... whatever you like.

I did the math as well. It's a very tough trip financially. The closest airport is actually the cheapest, but it's still 2 hours away. Also, the hotels are very expensive that weekend and there aren't many to choose from. You can head up to the ski resorts but those are even more expensive. Denver is 6 hours away so the 150 bucks you save on your flight will be used on the ride there.
    I could see flying to denver 7/6, grab a car, stay a night there. drive to telluride on 7/7, start camping a day early. I think I saw you can camp early , for a fee obviously. Problem is no camping gear, can't fly over with canopies, coolers, tarps, etc...
    Rent an SUV, lug over a sleeping bag, and air mattress, sleep in the back of the rental.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152

Did somebody say Randy Watson?!?!

Jackson Heights own? He's good.

Damn, that boy can sing!
  • Options
    JG215570 said:

I believe there is at least one store in Telluride. Somebody put a link up for it yesterday on one of these pages. If not all the small mountain towns near Telluride that have tons.
    4 dispensaries in Telluride
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951

JG215570 said:

4 dispensaries in Telluride
    sweet username!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Town parks & rec commission gave the green light today for a larger crowd then usual for the Ride Festival this summer. Still trying to figure out what that new larger size is.
  • Options
    Festival capacity in town park is usually is 9,000, but upped to 11,500 for the Ride Festival & PJ.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    That's very cool. Tiny and intimate by festival standards.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2016
    this is killing me... definitely not an easy or cheap trip from Delaware

but fuck
  • Options

Festival capacity in town park is usually is 9,000, but upped to 11,500 for the Ride Festival & PJ.

Damn. That IS small... Might have to reconsider.

How much are tickets does anyone know? Only available as a two day pass??

• Options

The article I read from today said this decision is still pending and will be decided on March 4th. Also in the article it stayed the ride festival asked for a 1/2 hour curfew extension for PJ's set. Let's hope they get it.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

Ridiculous
  • Options
    Should be able to listen to the discussion about upping the capacity from today's meeting if you stream local community radio at 6pm MT this evening http://koto.org
  • Options
    apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 217
    I think the Ride Festival is proof that Pearl Jam continues to live by their own rules. They have chosen one of the most beautiful spots in this country to play and I am extremely jealous of anyone who is lucky enough to get there.

That said, check out the ganjalas at Alpine Wellness in downtown Telluride for the best edibles in CO (IMHO.) Perfect for an outdoor concert in a spectacular setting.