THE RIDE FESTIVAL?!?!

Comments

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    mcgrawd2 said:

mcgrawd2 said:

RKCNDY said:

EL177913 said:

I may need to do this! How feasible is the whole renting an SUV to sleep in thing? Doesn't Walmart let you sleep in their parking lot?

I'm not sure Telluride is the type of town that has a Wal-Mart, but you never know.
    Maybe you can pay someone to park in their driveway. I've camped in the back of an SUV before, so I definitely recommend the air mattress. Other than that, it's summer, so if you really need a sleeping bag is debatable.
    You will definitely need a sleeping bag and a couple of extra layers of clothes. Ive been many times to the bluegrass fest and the Dead. It can easily be high 80's during the day and 30's at night. one of the most beautiful places in the country in my opinion. Havent been in a long time but the nearest chain stores are in Montrose an hour + away.
    Were you at the Dead shows in town park in August of 87? I was only 9 but can remember it pretty well.
    Yes, not epic Dead shows but a great time in a great place.
    Isn't every dead show epic?? Hahah how was it for a 9 year old??

This venue is sick..parlay that with dispensaries..cold beer..and great music..nothing better!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668

Sounds like curfew Saturday night is 11pm. Weekend passes expected to cost in the "mid 200's"

Yikes! And after checking out places on airbnb this will cost a fortune to attend not to mention getting there. This really looks like a great time but you're definitely gonna have to pay for it!! My heart wants to go but my wallet is saying stay home and my head is telling me this is a once in a lifetime opportunity!
    All this.

I've looked at it from a couple of different angles and there's just no way to get the math to work (personally).

But man those that can swing it or are near by, I think you will be in for one heck of a treat. Enjoy.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    ckravitz said:

Sounds like curfew Saturday night is 11pm. Weekend passes expected to cost in the "mid 200's"

Yikes! And after checking out places on airbnb this will cost a fortune to attend not to mention getting there. This really looks like a great time but you're definitely gonna have to pay for it!! My heart wants to go but my wallet is saying stay home and my head is telling me this is a once in a lifetime opportunity!
    All this.

I've looked at it from a couple of different angles and there's just no way to get the math to work (personally).

But man those that can swing it or are near by, I think you will be in for one heck of a treat. Enjoy.
    I know! I watched some of the videos (great camera work, overhead shots etc) on the Ride Festival website yesterday and got pretty jealous. That setting is awesome. I'm only a 6 hour drive away but if tickets are mid-200s plus gas camping etc... I just can't do it in addition to already getting Wrigley tix and starting to plan out that trip (hotels and plane tickets are pretty crazy for Chicago). Oh well. Have a blast!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Unfortunately, going to Telluride from Pittsburgh is beyond my budget currently. But anyone that is going--check out the Temperance Movement. Anxiously awaiting their return to the Northeast.

• Options
    chittychitty Posts: 608
    Temperance movement are opening for a band I am seeing next week. I don't know them. What five songs must I know from Temperance?
  • Options
    AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    This looks to be THE show of the tour. What a place to play at, and for a small crowd, amazing. I'm still trying to figure out how I can get there for this (only 20 hrs from Calgary... yikes!).
  • Options
    I should add, anyone hoping for a Red Rocks string of shows may have to wait until after the onsale of passes for this show. Given most people would choose RR over Telluride, I'm guessing they want to see the sales happen there first and then announce RR (if it's in fact going to happen) to ensure Telluride doesn't bomb. Guns N' Roses are sort of doing the same thing. Announce Coachella without saying the first show of the "reunion tour" but most assumed it would be, then announce two shows in Vegas prior to Coachella after they're sold out, and a show between the two Coachella weekends. Not that Coachella wouldn't have sold out anyway, but it's a tact to make ticket buyers think it's THE show to go to. Have to admit this is mostly my opinion.... nothing of fact here. haha. But you never know...
  • Options
    AAJC i agree
    ride would go on sale and then after that RR would be announced. that makes sense for sure
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    AAJC said:

This looks to be THE show of the tour. What a place to play at, and for a small crowd, amazing. I'm still trying to figure out how I can get there for this (only 20 hrs from Calgary... yikes!).

You can always get somewhere but the question is how much you realistically want to spend to do it. I'm in a similar boat coming from Whitefish, Montana. The trip certainly doesn't make sense, but......
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    Decided to volunteer at the festival for a free weekend pass in. Got accepted!
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    Jogill said:

Now that's thinking!

Seriously, does anybody know how much tickets are for this thing? Are they just not going to announce that part until you go buy them at the onsale?
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356

Jogill said:

Now that's thinking!

Seriously, does anybody know how much tickets are for this thing? Are they just not going to announce that part until you go buy them at the onsale?
    Based on the volunteer application process it looks like tickets will be $275.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Volunteering sounds like fun.
    Jogill said:

AAJC said:

You can always get somewhere but the question is how much you realistically want to spend to do it. I'm in a similar boat coming from Whitefish, Montana. The trip certainly doesn't make sense, but......
    True. I have a Honda Civic that basically drives without using any gas. haha. 20 hour drive from Calgary isn't too bad, but would mean two days. Would also mean a cheap sleep somewhere, such as in the front seat of my car in a sleeping bag. I'm still thinking on it, but also still thinking there may be a Red Rocks string of shows too.... fingers crossed for RR, which I will not miss, even if I don't get tickets. I'll still go. I'll find a rock to sit on somewhere out there...
  • Options
    AAJC said:

True. I have a Honda Civic that basically drives without using any gas. haha. 20 hour drive from Calgary isn't too bad, but would mean two days. Would also mean a cheap sleep somewhere, such as in the front seat of my car in a sleeping bag. I'm still thinking on it, but also still thinking there may be a Red Rocks string of shows too.... fingers crossed for RR, which I will not miss, even if I don't get tickets. I'll still go. I'll find a rock to sit on somewhere out there...

motel 4. been there done that!
    and for sure if this sells out go into town anyways. easy to loiter under than sign
  • Options
    chitty said:

Temperance movement are opening for a band I am seeing next week. I don't know them. What five songs must I know from Temperance?

TTM is definitely something to see/hear live. Their newest album White Bear came out in January, but good luck getting it in the US. I had to order the CD and vinyl from Amazon UK. The self titled album is on Spotify/iTunes.

My personal faves--
    Faster Songs:
    "Take it Back"
    "Ain't No Telling"
    "Modern Massacre"

Slower Songs:
    "Smouldering"
    "Lovers and Fighters" -
    "Chinese Lanterns"

The time I saw them, they opened with "Chinese Lanterns" in a very similar fashion to this video. They were the opener and I had never heard them, but wow...good stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eS49F1p06c
  • Options

Jogill said:

Now that's thinking!

I just emailed the Ride Fest about ticket prices. Here's the response I got back...

"We are anticipating ticket pricing as follows:
    General Admission - $275.
    VIP - $525.
    If we are not able to increase the number of tickets we can sell, then the General Admission weekend pass will increase. We will confirm pricing on March 4."

I also asked if PJ was playing both night or just one. Here's what I was told..

"They play Saturday night starting at 7 PM and they have until 11 PM."
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    flight and car already booked... that 4 hour window is sensational news
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    W

well... that's interesting

my guess is 7:30-11... this is not a typical festival appearance... blowout
  • Options

Jogill said:

Now that's thinking!

I just emailed the Ride Fest about ticket prices. Here's the response I got back...

VIP - $525.
    If we are not able to increase the number of tickets we can sell, then the General Admission weekend pass will increase. We will confirm pricing on March 4."

Interesting I thought a local posted on here that in a town meeting they were allowed to increase capacity from 9k to 11.5k. I can't imagine them charging more than that for a 2 day festival!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Anyone else here apply for a volunteer position in the last couple days? I applied about 24 hours ago and haven't gotten a reply. I've seen others post here saying they got a response within an hour.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options

VIP - $525.

$275 Fucking shit.

7:00-11:00 Fucking shit!!!!!!

I wish I hadn't known that 7-11 thing. :)

• Options

Anyone else here apply for a volunteer position in the last couple days? I applied about 24 hours ago and haven't gotten a reply. I've seen others post here saying they got a response within an hour.

I'm definitely thinking about it...

• Options

I applied Sunday and got acceptance and volunteer schedule last nite. About 24-36 hrs for my acceptance.
  • Options
    Pretty happy if the times for PJ performance is correct. My shifts are fri 4pm to 12am and sat 8am to 4pm
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Get on it. I've noticed a few of the more desirable slots have disappeared. Booked a hotel for Thursday night. Looking to camp the rest of the time. Are passes going on sale when tickets do?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I love the volunteer option.... BUT it's all fun & games until you show up and some nazi foreman thinks he owns you for 8 hours... meanwhile you're pulling slack for some stoned hippie chick free loading her way to a free ticket...

If I was local I would volunteer, but if I end up going I'm on vacation and the only thing I'm working on is a good buzz lol
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Jogill said:

Now that's thinking!

VIP - $525.

That would be the most expensive tickets ever to see PJ outside of a fundraiser, no?
  • Options

Jogill said:

Now that's thinking!

VIP - $525.

That would be the most expensive tickets ever to see PJ outside of a fundraiser, no?
    Well yeah but it's not just PJ... you get two days of about 10 other bands you've never heard of, and Cage the Elephant. :)

• Options

Get on it. I've noticed a few of the more desirable slots have disappeared. Booked a hotel for Thursday night. Looking to camp the rest of the time. Are passes going on sale when tickets do?
    So there were MORE options you could check off for 1st 2nd and 3rd choices that aren't on there now? I was looking at times and I could definitely check off 3 shifts and not work during Saturday night PJ slot. Hell I'd be fine selling merchandise 2 days in a row. Easy job! Get off by 7 for PJ?! Just have to get it approved by the wife so I can enter!! lol