Options

THE RIDE FESTIVAL?!?!

Comments

• Options

What's the deal with the running of the tarps? I saw a vid that had a hundred or so people running when gates opened but it looked like they could only set up so close to the stage. Is that the case? Is it the same line if you don't have a tarp but want to get in for a rail spot? Any idea what time the line gets going?

Not sure on the specifics of the Ride fest. But, for other festivals there people run in with Huuuge tarps that take up a ton of space. They setup their area to hang out on in the field for the festival to sit and hangout. I'm not sure on the logistics and what time this can happen. Hopefully this happens minimally for the ride fest as these tarps take up way too much space.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    This thread is pretty quiet considering how close this is now. Is it still not a sell out?
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Noload said:

This thread is pretty quiet considering how close this is now. Is it still not a sell out?

I don't think there are too many of us (in relation to other shows) going.
  • Options

Noload said:

I don't think there are too many of us (in relation to other shows) going.
    Apparently not.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited June 2016
    Noload said:

No it has not sold out. I don't think it will. It honestly is way over priced for a two day festival with only one major act headlining, which is probably why there are tickets on the hub for less than face value. Not to mention a pain in the ass to get there if you don't live within driving distance. I'm stoked and cannot wait to get there, but I totally get people not wanting to shell out the cash or drive hundreds of miles from the closest major airport. It should be pretty cool to see the band in that environment with likely less than 10,000 people.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options

Noload said:

No it has not sold out. I don't think it will. It honestly is way over priced for a two day festival with only one major act headlining, which is probably why there are tickets on the hub for less than face value. Not to mention a pain in the ass to get there if you don't live within driving distance. I'm stoked and cannot wait to get there, but I totally get people not wanting to shell out the cash or drive hundreds of miles from the closest major airport. It should be pretty cool to see the band in that environment with likely less than 10,000 people.
    It is a big commitment to get there n doubt. Looking fwd to it!
  • Options
    motarmotar Posts: 141
    Cant wait!
  • Options
    We are geeked! We head west in 9 days!
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    edited June 2016
    If it was just Pearl Jam playing an "evening with Pearl Jam" show in Telluride and not "the ride festival" people would be going apes**t and shelling out all kinds of $$
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    I will set the over/under on songs at 29..what u got?
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Noload said:

Many, many songs of awesome. That's my prediction.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Noload said:

Many, many songs of awesome. That's my prediction.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Mike's SideMike's Side Posts: 954
    Noload said:

That's a fair line and might be spot on it. I'm hoping for the over as I am making the trip from Florida.

1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    Well no matter how excited you guys are about this show I reckon I'm more excited. This is my first time ever to see PJ !!!!
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    edited June 2016
    Town park is sold out but I have an extra pass. PM me if you'd like it!
    Jogill said:

Well no matter how excited you guys are about this show I reckon I'm more excited. This is my first time ever to see PJ !!!!

You will not be disappointed!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Jogill said:

This is awesome!!!!

You will not be disappointed
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    The Sheepdogs for free on Friday night !!!
    Take the gondola up the mtn to mtn village for the free show !
    Arrive early it's a nice set up there !
    The Sheepdogs are great++

Sunset Plaza Concert, Mountain Villagefestival
    July 8, 5-6pm – Joint Point 6 – 7:30pm – The Sheepdogs

Sheridan Opera House
    Friday, July 8, 10:00pm – HoneyHoney >> BUY NOW
    Saturday, July 9, 11:30pm – The Temperance Movement >> BUY NOW
    Sunday, July 10, 10:30pm – Jerry Joseph & The Jackmormons >> BUY NOW

The Moon at O’Bannon’s
    Friday, July 8, 10:00pm – DJ Harry, Big Something
    Saturday, July 9, 11:30pm – Radio Moscow
    Sunday, July 10, 10:30PM – Little Hurricane

Sheridan Bar
    Friday, July 8, 10:00pm – Radio Moscow
    Saturday, July 12, 11:00pm – Matthew Curry

Elks Lodge/Swede Finn Hall
    Friday, July 8, 9:00pm -Niceness
    Saturday, July 12, 11:00PM – Joint Point
  • Options
    JMoneyJMoney Denver Posts: 44
    So I plan on calling the ride office to get their take but wanted to get thoughts from the group... not sure how to reconcile carrying in a low back chair and tarp vs the desire to be close to the action? I will be solo so no way to look after stuff if it isn't with me. Anyone else wondering about this? Logistics aside, getting geeked up for the show. If it's mellow Ed I am hoping for Long Road and Footsteps. If it's intense Ed I am hoping for Whipping and Deep.
    Lake Fairfax, VA '92 - Missoula, MT '12 - Baltimore '13 - Denver '14 - Telluride '16 - Denver '22
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    JMoney said:

So I plan on calling the ride office to get their take but wanted to get thoughts from the group... not sure how to reconcile carrying in a low back chair and tarp vs the desire to be close to the action? I will be solo so no way to look after stuff if it isn't with me. Anyone else wondering about this? Logistics aside, getting geeked up for the show. If it's mellow Ed I am hoping for Long Road and Footsteps. If it's intense Ed I am hoping for Whipping and Deep.

not sure if u are a rail rat. ha ha. i have no desire to be up that close in ga=not worth the struggle at all...but that's just me.
    for me...no chair, no tarp, crowd the stage close to show time. chat up the tarp people if need be and buy them a beer if need be. hang out with them till the band hits the stage. tell em yer a party of 1. most people will accommodate you on their tarp. i'm not planning to sit while PJ are playing. chairs will be behind all the people standing up front. also the field is pretty big and the festival is not sold out which means there will be some extra space about.
  • Options
    JMoneyJMoney Denver Posts: 44
    Not sure I qualify as a rail rat, usually 3 or 4 deep when in GA. Hopefully I'm able to figure out who some of you guys are to do some hanging out, will be a long pull before they are on. Thanks for the insight...
    Lake Fairfax, VA '92 - Missoula, MT '12 - Baltimore '13 - Denver '14 - Telluride '16 - Denver '22
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Noload said:

If festival history repeats itself--- I'll take the under 29 and ...push that to under 27

25 in New Orleans Jazz
    22 BONNAROO
    25 ACL
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    myoung321 said:

Noload said:

If festival history repeats itself--- I'll take the under 29 and ...push that to under 27

25 in New Orleans Jazz
    22 BONNAROO
    25 ACL
    I'm going over 29... all day... this isn't really a festival

This won't be 75k 20 year olds... and they know a lot of the people are there for them and paid a lot of $ and effort to get there

My guess is 10 song opening acoustic set folowed by a 25 song "traditional" set

I also don't think they will rely on "hits"... my guess is they get weird

I predict an instant classic
  • Options
    my2hands said:

myoung321 said:

Noload said:

25 in New Orleans Jazz
    22 BONNAROO
    25 ACL

This won't be 75k 20 year olds... and they know a lot of the people are there for them and paid a lot of $ and effort to get there

my2hands said:

myoung321 said:

Noload said:

25 in New Orleans Jazz
    22 BONNAROO
    25 ACL

I like your style! I hope they reward us for the hassle that it is to get to this beautiful venue. They have a reasonable break so go ahead and go long!
  • Options
    my2hands said:

myoung321 said:

Noload said:

25 in New Orleans Jazz
    22 BONNAROO
    25 ACL

Hoping for the acoustic set also. They'll have to pace themselves anyways at the altitude
  • Options
    What are some other bands people are looking forward to seeing? I'm just starting to check some of the other bands out now. Should've done this a long time ago.
  • Options
    Cage the elephant for sure!
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    So what does this "over 29....all day " mean? I'm the newbie remember!!!
  • Options
    Just getting back to Montana from Denali NP and now getting amped up for the drive to Telluride and an awesome show!
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Jogill said:

So what does this "over 29....all day " mean? I'm the newbie remember!!!

They are just speculating on the number of songs PJ will play. I'm taking the over and saying 31.
  • Options
    Thanks!