Options

Fenway Night 1 tickets on sale .. now?

Comments

• Options

Vedd Hedd said:

Classic. Wrigley not listed yet, and Fenway on sale early.

Ya gotta love it!!!
    It is always SOMETHING...
    When it comes to purchasing Pearl Jam tickets.
    ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!!
    wait until tomorrow! now that is going to be fun
    There is no way tomorrow will be as much as fun.
    Not for me , anyways.

I am no longer looking at airfare to Boston.
    I am looking in to renting a plane. A REAL BIG PLANE!!!!

Hahahahaha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,417
    So let me get this straight tickets were supposed to go on sale tomorrow but instead started selling today ok have a great day everyone lol
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

Vedd Hedd said:

Ya gotta love it!!!
    ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!!
    Not for me , anyways.

Hahahahaha
    "the earth is dying, who has time to fly commercial." Roger, American dad
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

Poncier said:

from what i can tell a2 and a6 are wheelchair accesible only

No way there are that many seats for wheelchair access.

And no way A3, 4 & 5 are band guests, band guests are always behind 10 club.
    Actually not so true.
    In 2013 at both Charlottesville and Baltimore I had "VIPs" in front of me and I have a low number and was in sections right next to the stage.
    I had two young ladies in Charlotte seated next to me that had backstage passes. they had the best reserved seats in the joint. they seemed to know McCready too. he came over and solo'd in front of them during Watchtower. I was cool with that.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,279

Apparently no one on here is on slickdeals.net... The 1st rule is to never call on a slick deal!!

Now everyone is calling making this a big deal with the box office when you could just be silent and your tickets won't get cancelled and you have awesome seats!

this guy gets it.......and they won't be cancelled, all they want to do is sell tickets, they don't care who they go to
  • Options
    GM151575GM151575 Freehold, NJ Posts: 346
    dpphoto said:

one thing that might impact the decision to refund is ticket limits. PJ always limits... but today, it appeared wide open for as many as you wanted to buy (unless I missed something). If there were multiple groups of 4's sold to the same people they would almost have to refund. Tough to explain a limit imposed tomorrow but not today.

I kind of agree, if you bought four or less they should let it slide. If you bought more, you're just greedy. Hope didn't ruin it for the rest of us.
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111

Vedd Hedd said:

Ya gotta love it!!!
    ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!!
    Not for me , anyways.

Hahahahaha
    pm sent.....................about the plane this time :)
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,347
    dpphoto said:

one thing that might impact the decision to refund is ticket limits. PJ always limits... but today, it appeared wide open for as many as you wanted to buy (unless I missed something). If there were multiple groups of 4's sold to the same people they would almost have to refund. Tough to explain a limit imposed tomorrow but not today.

Yeah I think the only possible cancellations would be if anybody got greedy and ordered more than 4 on one credit card.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    It will be interesting to see how this turns out! Good luck to those who scored but I'm thinking these will all be cancelled. With the recent news hitting the world about illegal ticket bots and brokers, I doubt that the Red Sox organization wants anything to do with something like this, or to be thrown into the discussion of unfair selling policies.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

Poncier said:

from what i can tell a2 and a6 are wheelchair accesible only

No way there are that many seats for wheelchair access.

And no way A3, 4 & 5 are band guests, band guests are always behind 10 club.
    Actually not so true.
    In 2013 at both Charlottesville and Baltimore I had "VIPs" in front of me and I have a low number and was in sections right next to the stage.
    I had two young ladies in Charlotte seated next to me that had backstage passes. they had the best reserved seats in the joint. they seemed to know McCready too. he came over and solo'd in front of them during Watchtower. I was cool with that.
    you should have chatted them up and got some info......
    4/6/94, 4/10/94, 4/11/94
    9/26/96, 9/28/96, 10/2/96
    6/14/98, 9/13/98, 9/15/98, 9/16/98
    8/3/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00
    7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03
    9/28/04, 9/29/04
    5/24/06, 5/25/06
    6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    5/17/10
    10/15/13, 10/16/13
    8/5/16, 8/7/16
    9/4/18, 9/4/18
  • Options

It will be interesting to see how this turns out! Good luck to those who scored but I'm thinking these will all be cancelled. With the recent news hitting the world about illegal ticket bots and brokers, I doubt that the Red Sox organization wants anything to do with something like this, or to be thrown into the discussion of unfair selling policies.

Or...do they really want to open a whole can of worms resulting from their own incompetence.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,024
    rssesq said:

anyone who got thru, are there seats numbers higher than 20 on the field?
    I got 19 and 20 and want to know if it is an end seat

Im 33 and 34
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    dpphotodpphoto Posts: 284
    GM151575 said:

dpphoto said:

I kind of agree, if you bought four or less they should let it slide. If you bought more, you're just greedy. Hope didn't ruin it for the rest of us.

This is going to take some time for them to sort out, particularly if abuse was evident. Now, the average guy who stumbled into a sale today may have understood the opportunity and bought multiple fours or pairs of whatever... outside the typical limit of 4. Fans who were buying multiples for other people given the urgency (legit, for face) may also appear as abuse even though not an accurate view. I would say it's more likely than not, that if they do refund, they blame a widespread violation of ticket limits (real or just a good excuse). We shall see.
  • Options
    GM151575 said:

Or...do they really want to open a whole can of worms resulting from their own incompetence.
    They'd block all criticism if they cancelled them all. Since that would be the "fair" thing to do. We'll see though. Just imagine how many people will complain and bitch if they get shut out of tix after a bunch of folks scored unlimited tix before they went on sale.

Looks ugly for tickets.com unless they cancel them
  • Options
    was kinda hoping they would do a runway stage ala foo fighters and dave's moving chair. that was great
    4/6/94, 4/10/94, 4/11/94
    8/3/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00
    9/28/04, 9/29/04
    5/24/06, 5/25/06
    5/17/10
    10/15/13, 10/16/13
    8/5/16, 8/7/16
    9/4/18, 9/4/18
  • Options
    GM151575 said:

Exactly, swept under rug, no publicity, tickets purchased get mailed out.
    If they cancel all the tickets bought today, then the story will get out, if they don't, it likely won't.(Aside from the crazies who benefitted, nobody else will ever be the wiser)
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,967
    Damn! My buddy, who lives 15 minutes from Fenway, keeps missing out on all these planned/surprise presales. Wish I saw this earlier. Oh well, I guess he will be in the online hell pit tomorrow. Congrats to those of you who SCORED!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    So now, because I don't have a clue if the 4 tickets I bought are going to work or not I still have to try and get (another) set of 4 tomorrow. WTF!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Been lucky to attend every show in New England since 1996.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Poncier said:

GM151575 said:

If they cancel all the tickets bought today, then the story will get out, if they don't, it likely won't.(Aside from the crazies who benefitted, nobody else will ever be the wiser)
    I believe this story gets out either way and in a big way. I would say Fenway wants the refunds to happen and happen quickly. They have PR skin in this game as a venue. Who wants to look like the MSG scandal ? ...nobody.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,941
    rssesq said:

I hope u don't mind the smell of DANK medicinal son. lol

rssesq said:

anyone who got thru, are there seats numbers higher than 20 on the field?
    I got 19 and 20 and want to know if it is an end seat

I got 20 and 21
    Not only do I not mind, I quite prefer it!
  • Options
    dpphoto said:

GM151575 said:

dpphoto said:

This is going to take some time for them to sort out, particularly if abuse was evident. Now, the average guy who stumbled into a sale today may have understood the opportunity and bought multiple fours or pairs of whatever... outside the typical limit of 4. Fans who were buying multiples for other people given the urgency (legit, for face) may also appear as abuse even though not an accurate view. I would say it's more likely than not, that if they do refund, they blame a widespread violation of ticket limits (real or just a good excuse). We shall see.
    Yea I was grateful enough for the opportunity and just got two. I wasn't even going to go after I lost the lottery, but I figured worst thing they could do is cancel the order. Now best outcome is, I have great seats to one show and go for the other tomorrow. Theoretically, now they are going to get 400+ bucks they weren't going to get from me because of this. I realize someone else would just buy the tickets, but still.
  • Options
    dpphoto said:

Poncier said:

GM151575 said:

I believe this story gets out either way and in a big way. I would say Fenway wants the refunds to happen and happen quickly. They have PR skin in this game as a venue. Who wants to look like the MSG scandal ? ...nobody.
    Not like we hacked in, if something fishy caused it, it was on their part and their doing. If it was a mistake, it was also theirs.
  • Options
    dpphoto said:

Poncier said:

GM151575 said:

I don't see how the story gets any attention if they quietly honor today's purchases. Nobody complains. The average non 10 club member Joe has zero clue this happened at this point.

If they cancel hundreds of purchases, lots of folks complain and the story gets attention.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,018
    Lol at the people thinking that sweeping under this the rug and pretending like it didn't happen would be less of an uproar then the other way around. I have talked to plenty of people today that are livid that most of the good seats are already scooped up and they had zero chance in getting them. Also for those that think that scalpers didn't get any check out stubhub. Prices are going up and up.
  • Options
    tickets sold today will be honored. too much hassle to cancel/return/processing. no worries here
    4/6/94, 4/10/94, 4/11/94
    8/3/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00
    9/28/04, 9/29/04
    5/24/06, 5/25/06
    5/17/10
    10/15/13, 10/16/13
    8/5/16, 8/7/16
    9/4/18, 9/4/18
  • Options
    Poncier said:

GM151575 said:

Poncier said:

GM151575 said:

I bet they're more worried about having the story get out as it is now. The story getting out that they made a mistake and later fixed it is far less damaging than the story that they made a mistake and tons of people got screwed because the turf was sold out before tix even went on sale and then they did nothing about it, right?

Who knows though, I hope you fuckers get to keep them though and you're all rocking out on the turf together. That would be hilarious. Fuck tickets.com!
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    dont think this is a big deal in the "grand scheme". it was a computer "glitch".
    the red sox are concerned with spring training, hanley at first, bucholtz health, jbj and rusney, not a few hundred pearl jam tickets up for sale in error. we'll see thou
  • Options
    Poncier said:

dpphoto said:

Poncier said:

GM151575 said:

I don't see how the story gets any attention if they quietly honor today's purchases. Nobody complains. The average non 10 club member Joe has zero clue this happened at this point.

If they cancel hundreds of purchases, lots of folks complain and the story gets attention.

media... that's how. Tickets are a hot story and the biggest venue in the country just got popped. Now another huge venue might be involved in a second incident. I'm not saying I care... I'm saying it's what news is.
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Lol at the people thinking that sweeping under this the rug and pretending like it didn't happen would be less of an uproar then the other way around. I have talked to plenty of people today that are livid that most of the good seats are already scooped up and they had zero chance in getting them. Also for those that think that scalpers didn't get any check out stubhub. Prices are going up and up.

those are all from the sox season tix presale. no scalpers yet. but yes time is our friend as they will go down once more supply is out there. especially week leading up to show....
    4/6/94, 4/10/94, 4/11/94
    8/3/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00
    9/28/04, 9/29/04
    5/24/06, 5/25/06
    5/17/10
    10/15/13, 10/16/13
    8/5/16, 8/7/16
    9/4/18, 9/4/18
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    Lol @ "major news".

nobody cares. I would guess between 2% and 5% of the tickets were sold, if that.