Options

Copenhagen june 26 2007

Comments

• Options
    mohomoho Posts: 541
    danleri wrote:
    hey man i'll see you on the plane then! :D

definitely! we're flying home the 28th. Hope the bus link is helpful for ya! See you in copenhagen!

(try not to bring home any beer though... i hear bad stories)
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    BunuelBunuel Posts: 35
    Linkin Park plays at Copenhagen in May so they won't support PJ at the Forum. Hallelujah! Poland is the only place they will play with Pearl Jam.
    26/6/07 Copenhagen, 23/9/06 Berlin - 45 different songs
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 787
    Julien wrote:
    Why not ?
    If PJ suppots U2, why wouldn't queens of teh stone age support PJ... :D

oh yeah would be great if it happened

personally my money is on chris cornell showing up somewhere (maybe in london town) :)
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    livreirolivreiro Posts: 34
    any ticket available for the concert for me????
  • Options
    livreiro wrote:
    any ticket available for the concert for me????

for little old you - why yes - im sure somebdys got one for ya somewhere!! :)
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    don't forget I'm still looking for one for my friend who has her flight and all booked :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    moho wrote:
    definitely! we're flying home the 28th. Hope the bus link is helpful for ya! See you in copenhagen!

(try not to bring home any beer though... i hear bad stories)

ahahah nice one! no it's ok i'm more of a guinness person if you know what i mean...
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    For those still missing tix, there's a waitinglist at http://www.billetlugen.dk. Not the best odds, but it got me 2 tix for Radiohead last year.
    The waitinglistform is in Danish only though, so you might wanna send them an e-mail and ask to be put on the list. God speed!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    ahahah nice one! no it's ok i'm more of a guinness person if you know what i mean...

Ah yes, me too! but as the saying goes.... When in Rom.. sorry i mean Copenhagen... do as the danes do!!! :)
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    There are better Danish beers than Carlsberg, right?
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    There are better Danish beers than Carlsberg, right?

I'm guessing that the Carlsberg you're refering to is the "hof" - their every day pilsner. Carlsberg has a large range of beers. In the strong range there's "47" and "Elefant". Both great beers.
    Other than that, they have recently created a hole range called "Jacobsen", which - among others - features a really good weissbeer.
    But if you wanna try some beers from minibrewers, you should go for "Vesterbros bryghus" or "Herslev bryghus". "Vesterbro Bryghus" has their own shop/pub on "Vesterbrogade", which is pretty close Forum. "Herslev bryghus" can be ordered in most restaurants and pubs.
    I suggest you try them all. But be shure to do so after the show..........
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    I'm guessing that the Carlsberg you're refering to is the "hof" - their every day pilsner. Carlsberg has a large range of beers. In the strong range there's "47" and "Elefant". Both great beers.
    Other than that, they have recently created a hole range called "Jacobsen", which - among others - features a really good weissbeer.
    But if you wanna try some beers from minibrewers, you should go for "Vesterbros bryghus" or "Herslev bryghus". "Vesterbro Bryghus" has their own shop/pub on "Vesterbrogade", which is pretty close Forum. "Herslev bryghus" can be ordered in most restaurants and pubs.
    I suggest you try them all. But be shure to do so after the show..........

Thanks dane! this post has the best advice on this thread yet!
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    Thanks dane! this post has the best advice on this thread yet!

LOL You're welcome!
    See you're irish. Any advice on whiskey? The prefered brand right now (has been for years) is Bushmills. Both the "regular" and Black Bush. I even have a footballshirt from Antrim with the Bushmills logo........

and to make this PJ related. Less than 4 months. Woohoooooooo
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    LOL You're welcome!
    See you're irish. Any advice on whiskey? The prefered brand right now (has been for years) is Bushmills. Both the "regular" and Black Bush. I even have a footballshirt from Antrim with the Bushmills logo........

and to make this PJ related. Less than 4 months. Woohoooooooo

Hahaha! Cool! Well I'm not really a whiskey drinker but try some other brands too, like Jameson and Powers. I'm more for the Guiness myself! :)
  • Options
    ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    Pearl Jam is playing in Copenhagen. The fucking riots down there today is a good vorspiel :P

Just kidding, but it a big hippie/beat generation going on there right now. I heard someone at the news saying it could be a revelution. I guess they want to be just like Morrison... grab the chance.. Eminem says in one of his songs:

"The moment you own it you better never let it go, oh
    You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
    Cause opportunity comes once in a lifetime"
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
  • Options
    Bunuel wrote:
    Linkin Park plays at Copenhagen in May so they won't support PJ at the Forum. Hallelujah! Poland is the only place they will play with Pearl Jam.
    I got curious after finding out the Futureheads will be supporting in Munich and Dusseldorf, so I looked up their website, and it says they're doing Copenhagen as well.

Surely these guys are more listenable than L bloody P.
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    I got curious after finding out the Futureheads will be supporting in Munich and Dusseldorf, so I looked up their website, and it says they're doing Copenhagen as well.

Surely these guys are more listenable than L bloody P.

Who are the futureheads? Any good?
  • Options
    BUMP
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    So yeah, I'll be in town the day before the show, and will fly out the day after. I'd like to make a visit to the festival grounds at Roskilde.

I know it's pretty easy to get the train to Roskilde station, but the grounds seem like a bit of a trek from the station. Any tips on how to get there?
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    I usually just take the train from the Copenhagen central station to Roskilde, and a taxi from there to get to the Roskilde festival.
    I guess they are setting up the stages and stuff at that time, so I don´t know how easy it will be to get inside. But of course it´s well worth a try.
    Just write if you need some more info...

rock on

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    ChrysophylaxChrysophylax Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 101
    Hinny wrote:
    So yeah, I'll be in town the day before the show, and will fly out the day after. I'd like to make a visit to the festival grounds at Roskilde.

I know it's pretty easy to get the train to Roskilde station, but the grounds seem like a bit of a trek from the station. Any tips on how to get there?

It'll take you 30 odd minutes to walk from the station! But since this is 10 days prior to the festival the grounds will be closed off, so you won't be able to see much!
    '00: London, Roskilde
    '06: San Francisco I-II-III, The Gorge I-II
    '06: Bern, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Turin, Pistoia
    '07: Copenhagen
    '09: Berlin
    '10: Berlin
    '12: Amsterdam I-II
    '14: Milan, Berlin
    '16: EV at Heartland Festival
    '18: Krakow, Berlin 
    '22: Berlin, Zürich, Copenhagen, Amsterdam I-II
  • Options
    CharlieP wrote:
    I usually just take the train from the Copenhagen central station to Roskilde, and a taxi from there to get to the Roskilde festival.
    I guess they are setting up the stages and stuff at that time, so I don´t know how easy it will be to get inside. But of course it´s well worth a try.
    Just write if you need some more info...

rock on
    Cheers. Yeah, I thought they'd be setting up the stage and everything. I did just send them an email, so will see what they have to say about this.
  • Options
    Otherwise there´s some other cool stuff to see in Copenhagen considering you don´t have much time. (if you can´t go to Roskilde)
    It´s easy for you to be entertained here, you probably need to really choose what you want to see.

rock on

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    CharlieP wrote:
    Otherwise there´s some other cool stuff to see in Copenhagen considering you don´t have much time. (if you can´t go to Roskilde)
    It´s easy for you to be entertained here, you probably need to really choose what you want to see.

rock on

Give me some advises on stuff to see in Copenhagen...
    I will spend there a few days (arrival on the Saturday, leaving the wednesday)...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Julien wrote:
    Give me some advises on stuff to see in Copenhagen...
    I will spend there a few days (arrival on the Saturday, leaving the wednesday)...
    same here... so advice would be great :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I am so looking forward to this show - i just love going to cool new places for a gig

and the danish beer...
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    I'm spending 4 days in Copenhagen and I'm looking forward to go to Christiania, among other things! I've never been in Denmark or any other Scandinavian city... and I'm very excited! cya all there :D
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    danleri wrote:
    I'm spending 4 days in Copenhagen and I'm looking forward to go to Christiania, among other things! I've never been in Denmark or any other Scandinavian city... and I'm very excited! cya all there :D

Ooo my sister recommended that place too... that'll be one place I wanna go to. Plus I'll be wanting to check out some rock/metal bars, I'll have to do that in every city I'm in! None of this tourist looking at museums malarky for me!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Ok, if you really want to do the tourist thing you should go and see the little mermaid at Langelinie (maybe it helps if you´re interested in HC Andersen)
    Also there´s Rundetårn downtown where you can get a great view of Copenhagen. obviously, it´s no Empire state building though (:

A walk in Copenhagen city is a must among these ancient historic buildings, but don´t take a walk at the crowdy main street (strøget). Stick to the cozy and quieter parallel streets.

If you´re into culture and art and stuff you should go visit the gallery "Statens museum for kunst" which also has large exhibitions and it´s a beautiful building.

If you just want a nice time and meet some people then of course go and see Christiania (even though it´s not what it once was) and maybe the "graveyard" where the "Ungdomshus" once was. Don´t know if you know the story, but the bulding was torn down a few days ago. Don´t know if this will be exciting in june though. Maybe there´ll be a new building there and it will be no special sight.
    If you want a real rock and roll bar with live music and disc playing all your favourite rock tunes, you should visit "The rock" (http://www.the-rock.dk) which is a cool place to have a beer. There´s often really hard metal playing there as well though....

Also visit http://www.visitcopenhagen.com for further inspiration. Cheers!

• Options
    CharlieP wrote:
    Ok, if you really want to do the tourist thing you should go and see the little mermaid at Langelinie (maybe it helps if you´re interested in HC Andersen)
    Also there´s Rundetårn downtown where you can get a great view of Copenhagen. obviously, it´s no Empire state building though (:

A walk in Copenhagen city is a must among these ancient historic buildings, but don´t take a walk at the crowdy main street (strøget). Stick to the cozy and quieter parallel streets.

If you´re into culture and art and stuff you should go visit the gallery "Statens museum for kunst" which also has large exhibitions and it´s a beautiful building.

If you just want a nice time and meet some people then of course go and see Christiania (even though it´s not what it once was) and maybe the "graveyard" where the "Ungdomshus" once was. Don´t know if you know the story, but the bulding was torn down a few days ago. Don´t know if this will be exciting in june though. Maybe there´ll be a new building there and it will be no special sight.
    If you want a real rock and roll bar with live music and disc playing all your favourite rock tunes, you should visit "The rock" (http://www.the-rock.dk) which is a cool place to have a beer. There´s often really hard metal playing there as well though....

Also visit http://www.visitcopenhagen.com for further inspiration. Cheers!

Thanks for the info! Can't wait for it, we're there from the 25th til the 28th so we have two whole days to spend wandering around the city!